Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer
do YOUR parents have a problem with twilight? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mintahy

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:47 am
My mom is very strict about what I read.
I wasn't allowed to enjoy Harry Potter when I was little
or any other popular fantasy books.
So my friend told me read Twilight, and I know mom would have
a cow over it, since it' is about vampires.
But I went ahead and bought it anyways, she still doesn't know what it
is, she just knows I very much like it.
She would die if she found out though.
gonk

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:38 pm

My dad doesn't care. I've actually told him the main plot of the story, he was even asking me questions to clear it all up.

Plus, ever since I was what .. five ? I've liked vampires, he knows that.

He doesn't read them, but he does like it how I'm so into the books.

[ ` t r i c k ]

Addicted2Strbucks

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 8:15 pm
My mom is super religious so she doesn't like me reading books like this so when she asks me what its about i just skip the whole vampire thing. I mean she didn't even want me to read/watch Harry Potter until she read the book finding god in harry potter.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 11:00 pm
My Mom just finished Twilight and now she's working on New Moon. She's looking forward to Eclipse in August!  

Josephine Falnor

8,800 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Gender Swap 100

Scandalous bb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 7:16 am
My parents weren't that involved, they're just glad that I'm that type of kid who likes to read so they don't care what kind of book it is  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:11 am
if my folks had a problem with me reading these i wouldnt give a damn.. id tell em to f**k off. lol .. yeah im messed up but whatever. biggrin my mum thinks i act like alice.. yes i have told her a LOT about it so its like she read it sweatdrop  

Evil_Angels_08

Flying.Popcorn

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:52 am
My parents know what the book is but I they don't seem to realize how much I love it, My sisters have all read the books too and so we are always talking about it. Yet if we're talking about Edward or Bella or somone from the book they ask if thats one of our friends at school. Luckly they are still willing to buy us the books, I am so looking forward to Eclipse!!! heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:48 pm
i got the kids i babysits mom to read them and she loves them. my mo hates reading and thinks when i cry i'm overreacting. my dad is all overprotective and neither know i've come to love vampires. and i'm not allowed to read harry potter. rolleyes  

featherbee

7,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Dare-2-Sing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:20 pm
my mom is scared that i'm going "gothic" or something just because i happen to like vampires and am reading a few books about them. geez! what is with parents! stressed  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:50 pm
My mother doesn't really know about the books. I carried them home and read them. She didn't ask what they were so I didn't tell her about them. Harry Potter...she thinks is crap. She doesn't think its anything demonic but she doesn't understand why people go crazy over it. But she understands that I like it so she lets me read them.

But she may have a problem with the vampires. So, its safe that she doesn't know.  

miz_understood09

Iunios

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:03 am
Wow... some of your parents are really strict.

My mum shares mostly all my interests (which can get annoying it at times, but is great mostly), we obsess over tv-shows together and we like the same people. This also goes for Twilight.
My mum wanted to know what all the fuss was about after I told her I had a new love in the form of a book, and she started reading yesterday. Now, whenever she's not working, cooking or whatever, she's reading twilight. So, I'm afraid there might be a small fight over who will get to read Eclipse first when it comes.. lol  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 11:33 am
My parents love the idea I live in my own world, and the think I am a vampire too. but they sometimes want me to snap out of it. lol heart heart heart they support EC  

SesshomarusPrincess

Renko Kawahisa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2007 3:58 pm
my dad doesn't know i read it but i don't care what he thinks

my mom thinks it is a phase  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:18 am
My parents don't give a damn, plus I'm at an age were they couldn't stop me even if they wanted to.  

GoldenCoffee

Dapper Explorer

6,750 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Ddoepke92

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:11 pm
My aunt freaked out a little bit when she read the back. She opened up to a random page and started reading to see if there was anything bad.
There wasn't on those pages (whew). So, my cousin read it (her daughter).
My parents don't really care about what I read. They leave me alone most of the time. :]  
Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff