Welcome to Gaia! ::

Twilight - The Book, by Stephenie Meyer

Back to Guilds

Reply Twilight-Related Fanfiction
Secret Plans (Epilogue is now up and story is finito!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Only on more chapter left; the Epilogue. Are you sad?
  Yeah.
  No.
View Results

hospitalflowers

3,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:12 am
C'mon, guys, is anyone going to read chapter fifteen, I worked REALLY hard on it! I'd love some reviews! If no one's reading it I shouldn't be posting it here if no one likes it. No one has said anything about this since September 19!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 6:49 am
People... what happened to reviews? I like reviews. Is it really that horrible, now?

hospitalflowers

3,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100

xvanyaa

6,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:36 am
I guess I'll comment then. This was just amazing! I loved how you captured all the characters' personalities and this has to be one of the best Twilight stories I've read!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:20 pm
Hardcore Mosher
I guess I'll comment then. This was just amazing! I loved how you captured all the characters' personalities and this has to be one of the best Twilight stories I've read!

YAY! A REVIEW! *glomps* You're awesome. ^.^ ILOVEYOU!!! CREEPYSTALKERLOVE!!! Jk, I'm just happy someone reviewed... I was beginning to think no one was reading this. sweatdrop

hospitalflowers

3,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100

hospitalflowers

3,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:46 am
CHAPTER SIXTEEN
B POV

The low hum in the room, I realized, was not my computer back at home. I could feel something taped down to the inside of my elbow, and then I finally came to all my senses. I was in a hospital. I sat up quickly, and then lay back down in pain. My head throbbed like none other, as if I had just bashed it into a thick wall of bricks.

Renee was asleep in a plastic chair next to me… RENEE! What was she doing here? And what was I doing here? Was this another one of that sick vampire’s illusions? I let out a low whimper, and immediately in came Esme. Had the vampire been able to change into multiple people at once? Wait… how would he know who my mother was? ‘Esme’ began to walk closer to me, at a slow, human, speed.

“Bella,” She addressed me quietly. “Bella, you’re okay, you’re safe now. We got you away from Nathaniel. Stay down so you don’t hurt your head, okay? I’m going to go get Phil and Charlie from the cafeteria… the two poor men; they look like they haven’t eaten anything this week… well, Phil doesn’t, but Charlie does…” She walked out of the room before I could even say anything back to her.

I looked over to Renee; her face was stained with tears. I wondered how long she had been here beside me. “Mom?” My voice cracked, as if I hadn’t had anything to drink in ages—I felt like that, too. “Mom?” I croaked again. This time Renee’s eyes opened.

“Mornin’ Bella.” She mumbled (clearly still mostly unconscious), and her eyes drooped back down like heavy weights underwater. I smiled, silly Renee, it was just like her to forget current situations. Moments passed before her eyes shot open and questions flew out of her mouth like there was no tomorrow.

(Hardest part for me to write right here, because I am far from good at mother-daughter conversations. xD) "Oh my god! Isabella, what happened? Who took you? Did they hurt you? If they did tell me! We need to know everything that happened. God, I sound like a freaking detective… and that’s your dad’s job! Well… no it’s not, he’s just a cop, but they are similar, I guess, well, not really but—” I swear, Renee could just go on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and on, and—you get the point.

“Mom, I’m alright, really.” I put both my hands up, the IV tugging at the inside of my elbow, so I set my arms back down. My voice didn’t sound very strong, still raspy. She looked at me doubtingly… I’ve never been the best liar, but with all these secrets I have to keep, I’m getting better—not that that’s a good thing or anything. Just then, Charlie walked in trailed by Esme and Phil. He was grinning ear to ear, but his eyes had a worrying glint in them.

“Bells!” He sounded like a six year old on Christmas morning. He sat down on the opposite side of the bed than Renee. “Hey sweetie,” He said as he brushed the hair away from my face. Phil stood over in the corner quietly, and I knew why. He was a great guy and all, but with the current circumstances it would be kind of… awkward.

We talked for a while, well, mostly Esme, Renee, and Charlie did, Phil and I pitching in a comment every now and then. When the doctor came in to tell everyone he needed to run some tests for a while and he needed them all to leave, I nearly lost my breath. Esme had just gone outside to use her cell phone to see when Edward and the others would be getting here.

Dr. Noll was pale, really pale. His eyes were a yellowish shade of green, too. Renee, Phil, and Charlie left the room without a complaint, only sad looks in their eyes when I told them to go grab a bite downstairs. “So, Isabella, is everything feeling okay? Any sore spots?” I pointed to my throat and explained how it hurts to talk quickly. He injected something into my arm shortly after, probably a sleeping medicine. I was fearful to slip into unconsciousness, what if Dr. Noll was a vampire? What if he was working with the Volturi? But then again… he wasn’t as beautiful as the average vampire, sure he was attractive as a human, but not as a vampire.

When I awoke, I heard a soft hum in my ear. Not just the hum of the machines in the room, but the hum of my lullaby. And there were only two people on this planet that know it, and I wasn’t the one humming it. I dared not open my eyes, for if I did and Edward wasn’t there, I could only guess how depressed that would make me. But at the same time I yearned to see his topaz eyes… or would they be black? Which was better disappointment in not trying, or disappointment in not seeing? Both were pretty equal.

Suddenly something was different then it was a moment ago… what happened to my lullaby? Why did it stop? “Bella, are you awake?” An angelic voice whispered. My eyes whipped open, and I felt my heart nearly fly out of my chest. Disappointment of not trying seemed worse right now since my beloved angel’s face was hovering just above mine.

I couldn’t help but grin and whisper his name. “Edward,” I’d gone so long without seeing him. I’d missed him so much; I couldn’t believe that that other vampire had actually… the other vampire! What had happened? Where were the others? Alice, Emmett, Jasper, Carlisle, Rosalie?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:48 am
Chapter Seventeen
E POV

I watched her closely, no one would ever touch my Bella again I wouldn’t let them. I’d never let her out of my sight. I’d hunt only when she was safe and I knew for a fact she would be. I’d leave at least two of my family with her when I left, making sure they get there before I leave.

I looked up at the clock for a moment. It was nearly four in the morning; Charlie was bound to wake up soon. He had bought a blanket from the store down in the lobby meant to be for ‘get well soon’ presents when you forgot to get one, and spread it out to sleep on it. Every now and then a nurse or the doctor would come in and see him, but it was just ordinary to them, they saw that everyday.

When I looked back to Bella, fear spread across her face, she seemed to have taken no notice of her sleeping father as I had, but that didn’t matter. “Bella? Bella, what’s wrong? What are you thinking?”

She looked up at me, fear spread thick across her face. Her voice was scratchy when she spoke. “Where are the others?” Others? Like, Renee and Phil, others? Maybe she had noticed Charlie… “They’re staying at a motel for the night, they were here all day, just left around midnight.” She gave me an odd look and then shook her head, causing her magnificent scent to spread quickly across the room. Venom rushed to my mouth faster than ever. I hadn’t smelled her for so long, she was almost a foreign scent to me now, almost, not quite.

She put her hand to her forehead and screwed her eyes shut. “Why is everything so sore?” She mumbled—still croaking—inaudible for a human, but loud as a bulldozer for a vampire. Well, the answer to her question could be that she’s spent nearly the past two weeks with an out of control vampire, that the adrenaline had finally worn off, that maybe, possibly, she was exhausted. Hmm… the answer was pretty obvious in my opinion. But I decided to stay silent. “I wasn’t asking about Renee and Phil… but thanks for telling me.” She paused as she rubbed her throat, her pale skin bruised and scratched. “Alice and the rest of them… and what happened to Esme? Where’d they go?” She may be beaten, but she was as observant as ever.

“Carlisle had to go back to Forks; he was needed at the hospital. Esme felt odd being here, not to mention all the blood that’s around here, it’s hardest on her I think… not the blood, but seeing you with Renee.” I saw a sad look flash across her face, but it was gone just as quick as it had come. “Emmett and Jasper went to go fetch their cars to keep down suspicion. And Rosalie and Alice went to go buy you new clothes as a welcome back present… and for the party that Alice had a vision Newton’s going to throw for you.” I still didn’t quite agree on the last part, but Michael had already told Charlie about it once Bella’s return was spread all throughout Forks by word of mouth from Carlisle, saying that Esme had gone to go see some family down in Oregon, got lost, and ended up in a deserted town just Southeast of Salem, and, oddly enough, found Bella aimlessly wandering the streets, crying out for help, but of course, being in a deserted town, no one had been there to hear her besides Esme.

She groaned after that last part. “Great, new clothes and a party… do I get to break my leg dancing, too?” She rolled her eyes, this was a change of attitude for my Bella. I didn’t like it, sure, sometimes she was pessimistic, but she was usually happy.

“Bella, I’ll take back the clothes and turn down the invitation to Newton’s party for you personally if you wish. But I’m just going to tell you now, everyone back at Forks is working hard at Newton’s Sports to make it fit for a party. They’re moving shelves, setting up décor, even Jessica Stanley’s participating in helping set—” And just like that, I had accidentally persuaded her to go.

“Okay, whatever, I’ll go. Just quit with the guilt trip. When’s the party?”

“Day after tomorrow. Well, tomorrow, since it’s four… you should probably get some sleep, aren’t you tired?” Again she rolled her eyes.

“I’ve been sleeping for the past… who knows how many hours.” I do, I know. She’d been sleeping for six, almost seven hours. “And there was really nothing to do while that vamp—” I pressed my hand against her mouth before she finished the sentence.

Clearer thoughts began to fill in Charlie’s head, instead of ones him fishing, and then in the middle of the fishing trip he’s arresting some guy for speeding… Now his thoughts were focused solely on Bella… and me. His eyes were open, and he was thinking about everything he was seeing, I took my hand from her mouth and she looked at me inquiringly. I shook my head slightly and whispered, “Now’s not the time, pretend to sleep, at least, Charlie’s awake.” She barely registered what I said before she yawned and gave in, falling asleep after a few minutes.

I sat there, staring at her, hoping Charlie hadn’t noticed anything out of the ordinary. Far from as perceptive as Isabella, he hadn’t noticed a thing, but soon his hand lay on my shoulder. His thoughts weren’t as hateful as they used to be, he was thankful… thankful that I stayed by Bella no matter what… despite for when I left her once before. He recognized something between Bella and I. Something like the love he had felt for Renee when he first met her, only stronger. “I’m sorry Edward… I just don’t want her hurt… l-like I was. It’s a terrible feeling, being away from the one you love most, I don’t want her to have to face it. When she wakes up, let her know I went to go spread the news to Jacob, and the rest of her friends, they deserve to know she’s okay… well, Michael Newton probably got to most of them already… but… I’ll go, Forks needs their police chief back. If she returns to me in any worse condition, I will shoot you gleefully, you understand young man?” If I had been Bella, I know exactly what I would have done. Stand up straight, salute him, and then shout YES SIR! Instead, I quietly said, “Yes, I understand, Mr. Swan.” He left, but as he did, I got to see a bit of his past, Forks wasn’t the only place Charlie had ever been a cop in, but he’d also been one in Seattle while he had taken care of and lived with his parents.

Charlie roamed the streets in an ordinary fashion, a bored look on his face. Nothing ever happened here, he felt like he was given this part of town just because he was one of the younger cops. There was the usual drug bust, but that usually happened in the more populated and criminal parts of Seattle. “Just quit, alright?! Stop it! Stop it Matt! Matt, stop!” A woman shouted… a damsel in distress, perhaps? Being twenty-one, Charlie could legally go pretty much anywhere to arrest someone. His birthday had just recently passed, and what does he get? He has to live up to his father’s grand reputation of Seattle Police Chief. That was probably the only reason Officer Jones gave him the job in the first place. Great dad, and, as expected, Charlie had to be a great son. No one cared what the hell he wanted… not that he really ever thought about what he’d want to be, since his father had been dead set on his being a cop just like himself… A scream shattered his thoughts as he realized where he was, he followed his ears and ran as quick as he could. The scream grew louder and louder as he grew closer. “I’m your girlfriend’s friend! Don’t you find anything wrong with that?!” The woman’s voice was quieter this time, shaking, but Charlie could still hear it. He had to be near. He passed a parked, running, car. Empty. He ran faster and faster, finally passing an alley, barely noticing something—no, someone there. Pale skin, the outline of a woman… a young woman, beneath a man, luckily, nothing had really happened yet. Clothes still covered both of them, although it was obvious the boy, who Charlie took to be Matt, was working on that. He threw his shirt aside, and planted a rough kiss on the girl. He pulled out his badge and walked into the alley. “Is there a problem here?” The girls face was covered in tears, and, now that my eyes were adjusting to the darkness, I realized that bruises were starting to form on her arms. Matt looked up and scowled. “Nothing at all, mind your own damn business.” That was what snapped Charlie. Everyone always told him that, ‘Mind your business.’ ‘Was I talking to you?’ ‘It’s not your problem, anyways.’ I pulled at his disgustingly greasy hair and yanked him off the sobbing girl. “You better watch what you say, kid.” I ordered in a rough voice, making myself sound older than usual. “My name’s Charlie Swan, and I can be your worst nightmare. Now, if you don’t want to go to jail, kid, you’d better scram from this place.” Matt said nothing, but did as he was told. Smart kid. He helped the girl to her feet. “Sorry about him.” She said, looking away. “Don’t be, the smart thing to do would be to tell your friend about what he’s doing to you, and you seem pretty smart.” He said, and he could tell why Matt had wanted to… well, you know with her. She was pretty—no, scratch that, she was gorgeous. She had long brown hair that fell about to her mid back, her eyes a warm, chocolaty brown color.

She looked exactly like Isabella.

Charlie pulled her out of the alley and asked for her information so he could get her home. When she protested and said she could call one of her friends, he said that it was either he take her home and it be done with, or he’d have to take her down to the station to call her parents. She chose the first option. Her name was Renee Higginbotham; she was seventeen years old and was staying in Port Orchard with her cousins. Charlie called in to the station and said he’d be signing out early due to family issues, of course, they believed him. By the time Renee was home, she knew almost everything there was to know about Charlie, and vice versa, or, as Renee says, versa vice. By the end of the night, the two were crazy about each other, Renee for Charlie because he had saved her from Matt. And Charlie for Renee because of how upbeat and beautiful she was. Even Renee’s whole family liked him.

All that flashed before me in a matter of minutes. Now I knew Charlie’s favorite song, pass time, and baseball team from the nineteen-eighties, not to mention hundreds of other random things about him. And the odd thing was, I found Charlie to be a better person than I was. He had let Matt go… I surely wouldn’t have. No chance in hell. I imagined that being Newton and Bella… I would’ve killed the little rodent.

That boy, Matt, he was exactly the kind of scum I used to hunt for. Exactly the kind I would punish for their wrong doings and never let them breathe again. I had stopped hundreds of hearts from beating if not thousands. I brushed the back of nails against Bella’s cheek and she shivered. I grabbed Charlie’s blanket from the floor and spread it across Bella to keep her warm.

In a matter of hours, my angel would be discharged.

hospitalflowers

3,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100

Her Sinful Fantasies

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 5:00 pm
Post one-

Quote:
Within seconds there was a cloth bag over my head and duct tape over my mouth

I would think it would be better if you had said there was duct tape over her mouth than a cloth bag over her head. It just makes more sense to me. :3

Quote:
I must’ve fallen asleep because the next thing I knew I was lying on a couch in a room that I didn’t recognize. My wrists and ankles were sore from being bound so tight, so why was I untied now?

I guess you should also put in there she could see by this point. It confuses me a little.

D: Damn, I can't finish it right now but I will ^__^

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:07 pm
Sigh... I can't believe that this story is almost over.... I should have the epilogue posted within the next few weeks. Guess what else, though! This story is forty-nine pages at size 12 font! FORTY NINE PAGES!!! Lol, not that many, but oh well, it's progress. ^.^

hospitalflowers

3,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100

hospitalflowers

3,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 8:06 am
This... is the last chapter... and it took me forever to write, sorry, if anyone really cares, that is... so yeah, here's the epilogue. This story is finito.

Epilogue

"Alright, alright, I'm going. Edward already persuaded me to earlier." Alice squealed when I told her that. "Honestly Alice, it's just some boring human party, how come you're so obsessed with getting me all dressed up for it? It's not like this is a--ow! Quit throwing things at me!"

She had already had me try on several outfits, all of which were sequin-y or sparkly. Whatever happened to plain things? I liked plain things. Why had I agreed on letting Alice get me ready for the stupid party? May if I ran out while she was getting another outfit...

"That wouldn't work, and you know that, Bella. I'm faster than you are." Stupid future seeing vampire. "Here, try this one on!" Alice said as she threw me a striped black and blue tank top, white cargo pants, and a black shrug.

I sighed and took the outfit into her monstrous (no pun intended) bathroom. I clumsily slid out of the previous outfit and put on the new one.

I walked out of the bathroom and into Alice's bedroom and I was almost surprised at what I saw. All the clothes that had been strewn on the floor were gone, but, then again, Alice was a vampire, so why should such a thing like that surprise me?

I looked around cautiously, was Alice giving me a chance to escape? She wasn't in the room, so maybe she was getting shoes or something?

"You look ravishing." I jerked my head to look at the door, causing my already sore and bruised neck to ache in farther pain, but it was worth it.

There stood Edward and, as always, he looked perfect. He wore a pair of black dress pants with a white dress shirt--plain, but still gorgeous on him. In his hand he held a pair of black flats, which I pretty much guessed were for me--seeing as Edward was already wearing shoes--plus the flats looked far too small and feminine to adorn Edward's feet.

The image of Edward wearing the shoes popped into my mind, making me giggle in spite of my aching throat.

Before I could even blink, Edward was by my side and handing me the shoes. "What are you thinking?" He whispered into my hair almost seductively.

I slipped on the shoes and stood on my toes to kiss his vampiric lips and then pushed away. "Wouldn't you like to know?" I replied, failing at using the same tone he had used on me. A hurt expression played its way across his face.

"Well, yes, clearly that would be why I asked." He whispered into my hair making me sigh.

"It's nothing/" I said through rushed breaths as my heart sped up. Edward looked down at me with his perfect topaz eyes and I knew he'd press on, but telling him about my thoughts wasn't something I wanted to do.

"Come on, we gotta go or we'll be late." I said, most uncharacteristically.

"Are you THAT determined to keep your thoughts secret?" I grinned and replied.

"Yep."

"I hate parties." I complained as we pulled into the overcrowded parking lot. Why did Mike have to throw such a huge party? It was unnecessary--uncalled for, they could just see me at school, couldn't they?

"Have I told you how much you entice me?" Edward's voice scattered my thoughts, almost making me forget how to breathe.

"Forget it Edward, I’m not telling what I'm thinking!" I joked, shoving his arm and unbuckled. "Race you in!" I was being sarcastic, and Edward knew it as we both exited the car. After all, I WAS queen of the two left feet.

Just as I reached for the handle on the door, Edward hissed. I looked at him with fearful eyes. Was there another vampire about? One like Nate, or possibly even Nate himself? What had happened to that vampire anyways? Edward wasn't telling me something and I really had the right to know...

"The dog--I mean, Jacob's here." I frowned. I still hadn't forgiven him for ratting me out with the bikes, but maybe my disappearance had been punishment enough for all of us.

"What does he want?" I asked quietly, taking my hand off of the door. Edward looked down at me with sympathetic eyes.

"Only to talk, my love." He said as he planted a kiss on my forehead. He opened the door and gestured for me to enter. Music blared all around us, making me feel as if I was at a concert instead of a party. It was okay music, but it was too loud and I was already starting to feel nauseous.

"Bella!"

"Bella's here!"

"She's here!"

"We missed you!"

"Are you okay?"

The voices bombarded me, drowning out the music. Edward held tight to my waist, knowing that if he let go I wouldn't be able to find him in this sea of people. The music subsided, but my nausea did not, and neither did the bombs of questions.

"Please, only one question at a time." Edward's voice came from behind me and suddenly I felt like I was the celebrity and he was my handler. And as I looked around the room, that's exactly what we were.

There were camera's all around the room and several people I recognized from the many different news stations of Washington and Oregon.

A short stubby man pushed his way forward and started with the questioning first. "Miss. Swan, do you know the motives of why you were abducted?" I stared at him blankly for a minute. Yeah, I knew. The vampire wanted to kill Edward and decided to use me as a pawn.

I shook my head. "I don't know." I said monotonously.

A woman with far too blonde hair and way too much makeup stepped forward with a notebook and pen at hand. "Isabella Swan, would you care to tell us what went through your head when you were abducted?"

"I was scared." I admitted, almost in a questioning voice. Why did they have to ask me these things? Couldn't they just leave me alone?

"Well, of course you were scared." The blonde woman stated. "But what thoughts were running through your mind--oh, better yet, how did your abductor get you out of your room without leaving evidence?" I shook my head in frustration. I could feel the vomit rising in my throat, I had to get out of here, I couldn't barf on camera.

I looked back at Edward for help, and help he gave. "Please, no more questions from reporters, I was told this was a friends and family party only, now, if you'd excuse us." It was almost as if no one had even noticed Edward was at the party until he spoke, and then suddenly the blonde reporter had no interest in me whatsoever.

"Uh, yes, I'm sorry sir." Edward glared at her as she apologized and we made our way to the back of the room where I had spotted Angela, Charlie, Renee, and Phil.

The moment we were out of the crowd, Renee pulled me into an embrace. "Oh, Bella, I missed you so much. I was so terrified! Every night I stayed up wondering where you were, if you were okay. I'll never take your safety for granted again." I could tell something was wrong from the tone in her voice; there was something that she wasn't telling me.

"Mom, what's wrong?"

"Nothing's wrong, sweetie, I'll tell you everything you'll need to know after this party is over." I pulled away from her embrace and looked at Edward--his face was a stone.

He shook Phil's and Charlie's hands, telling them his account of the story where he had been out looking for me in an almost desperate matter and how he had reacted when Esme said she found me.

"I, uh, apologize for blaming you, Edward. I just... well, I was afraid." Charlie muttered. "I best be off, it's almost time for my shift at the station." And Charlie weaved his way through the crowd and out of the building.

Angela soon found her way out of the awkward position of talking to me in front of my mother and step-father. Now only Edward, Renee, Phil, and I remained.

"Spill it mom, you're not good at hiding things, what's wrong?" I was afraid that it would be something terrible and I wouldn't want to know, but I didn't want Renee to be keeping secrets from me, either.

"Not now, Bella, after the party, I promise." I went to argue, but Edward held me back. Edward! Edward knew what was going on, he'd tell me!

"Fine. I'll just go talk to my other friends." I said, rather convincingly if I do say so myself, and I do. I walked off with Edward holding tight to my waste.

"Bella?" We were in the middle of the store when the voice said my name. I turned around to see who it was and Edward snarled. Jacob.

"To answer your question, she's fine. No, she didn't get bitten, and yes, well, I think," Edward turned to me. "You're still happy with me has your boyfriend, yes?" My eyes widened, but I nodded. Jacob glared down at Edward, it looked as if he was still growing!

"I don't want to talk to you, leach." I cringed at the tone in his voice and wondered how I had ever even been friends with him. "I'm here to talk to Bella. There are things we need to know in order to catch the other le--her abductor." Good, he fixed his mistake.

"You mean Nate." The vampire may have been terrible, but, still, he had once been human.

"Oh, so it can remember its name?" Again, the tone in his voice made me feel stupid that I had ever spent more than five seconds around this guy.

"If you're asking me where he is, I don't know." I stated, getting as close to Edward as I could, and where I stood, I could feel my skin getting cold, but that didn't matter.

Edward shook his head and glared at Jacob. "It's all been taken care of, now, if you wouldn't mind--well, scratch that. I don't care if you mind. Bella and I are off." My head suddenly turned to lead and I felt as if I would fall over any second and hurl.

When we were away from Jacob, I whispered to Edward. "I need to sit down--somewhere quiet." Edward looked at me in alarm.

"Are you okay? I didn't upset you back there with the d--Jacob, did I?" I shook my head.

"It's just too loud in here, let's leave." Edward nodded and we weaved our way outside. Relief washed upon me, but my head still throbbed. I hadn't realized how much I had needed air, but I gasped for it as soon as we stepped foot out of the store. I knew that Edward was going to say something, and soon, but I wanted the first word.

"Edward, I have a question, promise to answer it honestly?" Edward answered without a second’s hesitation.

"Of course."

"What's Renee being so secretive about?"

"Bella, please let your mother talk to you on this one, it would be better." My jaw dropped, this had to be bad. What could she be planning? A party? No, she knows I hate them, and, plus, we were just at one.

"Please tell me Edward, you promised." I tried giving him the classic puppy-pout, but when a smile tugged at his lips, I could tell it wasn't working.

"Your parents really want to be the ones to tell you." I frowned. FINE, he's not going to give in. Maybe he'll give me some clues then...

"It's not very bad, is it?"

"And what would you consider being very bad?"

"Oh, I don't know, a party, being hospitalized--pretty much everything that's happened since I was kidnapped."

"Then this will be great," Okay... clues don't work with Edward, but he's still gorgeous. "Get in the car, Renee's already left, so we can probably meet them over at your house." What? When did she leave? Weird... I totally thought she would stay for the whole party.

I unbuckled and reached for the car door as we parked in front of the house, but the door was already open. I rolled my eyes and laughed. "Stupid vampire speed." I whispered to myself.

"Well, if you would like it better I could move as slow as a snail." Again, I rolled my eyes. I stood up and started walking towards the door. I was walking up the steps when I realized Edward wasn't with me.

I turned around to see him walking slow as a snail. I raised my eyebrows at him and a laugh boomed out from his chest. "Get up here." And he was by my side the moment I finished the sentence.

"Alright, let's go see what they have to tell me..." This is hardly far, how come Edward gets to know and I don't? I feel very left out.

"Bella?" Came the voices of Charlie and Renee from the living room. I sighed and reached for Edward's hand and we walked into the living room.

Charlie sat on the couch and I could tell he had only just turned off some baseball game. Renee sat 'Indian style' on the floor in front of the recliner that Phil napped in.

Edward sat down on the floor across from Renee. I went down with him.

"Okay, so, what's with the secret keeping?" I asked bluntly.

"Bella... Charlie and I have only your safety in mind." Uh oh, this wasn't starting well. "You're our only daughter, and we wouldn't want you to get hurt." Renee paused for a moment and then added. "Not that if we had any other children we wouldn't care if you got hurt or not... I mean... Charlie, you should speak up."

What? Renee never asked for people to continue on for her... what was going on? I could feel my throat begin to close and my limbs grow cold and numb--and not because of Edward. My heart raced--what was going on?

"Bells, like your mother said, we want you to be safe." Charlie cleared his throat. "We have no clue on who abducted you, why they abducted you, and where they are, or how many there are. But we do know one thing, they might come back for you, and we don't want your hurt. It's very hard for both of us to do this but... we have to." Renee then cut him off.

"Bella, when Phil and I go back to Florida, you're coming with us."

Haven't started on the sequel yet, but I will when I have the time to.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:10 pm
YAY a sequel!!! whee
You're good at writing 3nodding  

Unblemished Smile

hospitalflowers

3,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:12 pm
Unblemished Smile
YAY a sequel!!! whee
You're good at writing 3nodding

You actually read all of that? YAY! Lol. Glad you liked it! I haven't started on the epilogue yet, but I'm going to start soon.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:26 pm
LOVE IT!!!! When's the sequel due out? blaugh  

llamazrokmysox

hospitalflowers

3,750 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:17 pm
llamazrokmysox
LOVE IT!!!! When's the sequel due out? blaugh
Uh, I really don't know. I've still got it in sketches, but I haven't really written anything for it yet. I'll post it when it's written. I miss Nate terribly though...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 7:51 pm
I read the whole thing it was A-MAZE-ING! You are a great writer! I would love to read further work by you!  

Kari Twilight Mist

Shameless Bibliophile

O r c h i d a c e o u s

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:37 pm
oh. my. god. SPECTACULAR!  
Twilight-Related Fanfiction

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items