Submit

Are you still in school?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Devils_lilboy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:43 am
DioRte
I'm a Senior myself =] I don't have a problem with trying to get the goth look on, but sometimes they try to tell me my pants are illegal -_-;

lol that sucks.. I know how you feel though when I was in school I had teachers and security tell me that I had to remove my chains off my pants, because I could harm someone with them... When there were girls walking around in mini skirts that were not allowed... the day they asked me to do that I pointed that out, and they left me alone.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:09 pm
When I left school, I really didn't dress goth. I did color my hair lot. Just do as you will with makeup. Make it fun, its the whole point of standing out, right?

HoldTheOnion

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:05 pm
-"Sir, I believe that pocket chain is three inches longer than allowed."
-"And your skirt is three inches shorter than allowed. You believe my chain is to long, which doesn't mean that is actually is to long. You just beleive it is."  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:02 am
XWraith_LordX
-"Sir, I believe that pocket chain is three inches longer than allowed."
-"And your skirt is three inches shorter than allowed. You believe my chain is to long, which doesn't mean that is actually is to long. You just beleive it is."

People see a problem with that? ^_^  

Rellik San
Crew

xXsweetsorrowsnightXx

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 5:34 pm
well it depends on what the uniform looks lik if its a plaid skirt with a white shirt then where a tie from hot topic goth jewery and stuff to add unique sense of style you may not be able to die ur hair odd colors then do this dye ur hair blonde with black streaks it works or dye it dark red or even black trust me it works  
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:42 pm
I'm half way through year 11... 3 hour exams... sad gonk crying  

Shadowed Intent

Nikki the Juggalette

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 12:54 pm
In 11th grade, finals never happen til the last 3 days of school. But um, we have to wear uniforms too (public school...idk why so don't ask). No chains, no jeans, kaki, black, or navy dress pants, long skirts, and polo shirts. Limited jewlrey, and if you makeup is too wild they can make you wash it off. As well as we have to wear sold color shoes. No stripes, or mutli colored, shoes, pants, or shirts. We have to wear belts, but no studds, and shirts tucked in at all times.

With all of that, even though I'm in public schools I find ways to be goth, wearing black dress pants and polos, and etnies shoes. They never say anything about my earings but braclets piss them off. I wear eyeliner (my own weird styles) for makeup. My nails are crazy colors too. I died my hair black (a "natural" color) so they chan't say much about it.

As is, the state is taking iver my school my senior year. A small town, 2 highschools and over 2,000 kids in each school.  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:28 pm
I'm graduating high school this year WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! i can't wait! I could dress how eva the hell i want once i leave! i'll be uberly more goth than i am now...yes its possible lmao
Im not allowed to wear the clothes i want unless its Halloween or kim going to an anime convention and EVEN THEN my clothing options are restricted. SO! When i hit 18 uber goth shopping day! rofl rofl If u want to join me be my guest lol mrgreen  

babykitty18

Nikki the Juggalette

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:30 pm
babykitty18
I'm graduating high school this year WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! i can't wait! I could dress how eva the hell i want once i leave! i'll be uberly more goth than i am now...yes its possible lmao
Im not allowed to wear the clothes i want unless its Halloween or kim going to an anime convention and EVEN THEN my clothing options are restricted. SO! When i hit 18 uber goth shopping day! rofl rofl If u want to join me be my guest lol mrgreen

Hey man when I turn 18 I get my dad SS check he left me and my brother when he died. Thats almost 600 and for my first one I'm going shopping, building my wardrose ect. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:05 pm
Im still in Skool and im pretty young, 12 years old and still in year 7, a few more weeks till year 8  

Emperor Goth

Emperor Goth

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 6:06 pm
Nikura Uchiha
babykitty18

Hey man when I turn 18 I get my dad SS check he left me and my brother when he died. Thats almost 600 and for my first one I'm going shopping, building my wardrose ect. biggrin

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 8:42 pm
if you have a school uniform are you allowed to where pins/badges?

stare or maybe patch it up if it "rips"?  

AEtherclaw

Orange Affair

Dapper Fatcat

7,575 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 9:08 pm
Well, I'm not much of a goth dresser myself, but I do know that cool purses/bags with pins going up the strap add a lot to any outfit. I'm such a pin collector. xD Safety clips are a nice bet too, if isn't too punk for you.

As for makeup, if you can pull off black on your lips, a smear of black eye shadow is lighter than lipstick, so it looks a little more natural. :3 It looks pretty good on me, anyway.  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:36 am
+Anime Crusades+
Well, I'm not much of a goth dresser myself, but I do know that cool purses/bags with pins going up the strap add a lot to any outfit. I'm such a pin collector. xD Safety clips are a nice bet too, if isn't too punk for you.

As for makeup, if you can pull off black on your lips, a smear of black eye shadow is lighter than lipstick, so it looks a little more natural. :3 It looks pretty good on me, anyway.

Speaking for my school uniforms..and I'm in a public school, safty pin, patches, ect. are banned. You cannot wear them or you get sent hom and friday school ir ISD.  

Nikki the Juggalette

Deleted Accnt

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:55 am
I'm in year 12. I don't mind school so much. (Just the working load is killing me. Exams in 2 weeks! crying ) Most people don't care that I wander around in black. (Well.. on free dress days. We have uniforms.) I get compliments sometimes because I dress a bit differently. Not to mention the odd occasion when a group of middle age teachers came up to me, inquiring that they liked my Siouxsie shirt.

As for those with strict school dress codes, I think you just have to find a balance. The problem might not be you dressing in black but the fact you're wandering around with spiky leather collar, fishnets, black lipstick or a ton of safety pins in your jacket. It can be too much. Find a compromise. You can still look gothy without going over board. (:

~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff