Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Mysteries Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:28 am
hmm. I see your point master. also there's the numerous references of storm trooper recruitment programs. like Caridia for instance. as for the matter of promotion, there are numerous references to ranked clones, and there is aparently some stucture of command within the ranks of the Stormtrooper Corps. in most references I've found, the stormies are the elite of the empire, which suggest separate combat troops for the army and navy, or spacy as it probably should be called.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:36 am
There were even elite units of stormtroopers. These units were like Page's Commandos for the Rebels in that they were always given the toughest assignments, such as gaurding the Hand of Thrawn for instance. They may have all been clones at one point but after a while you begin to see the clones are not the only ones fighting in the clones wars. Soon inhabitants of the planets being attacked are fighting there also. You are bound to get recruits to fight in the war and that would explain why eventually the clones were not the entire stormtrooper army. Thus the rest of the story is still for the most part intact.  

Flamer42

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 11:08 am
Flamer42
There were even elite units of stormtroopers. These units were like Page's Commandos for the Rebels in that they were always given the toughest assignments, such as gaurding the Hand of Thrawn for instance. They may have all been clones at one point but after a while you begin to see the clones are not the only ones fighting in the clones wars. Soon inhabitants of the planets being attacked are fighting there also. You are bound to get recruits to fight in the war and that would explain why eventually the clones were not the entire stormtrooper army. Thus the rest of the story is still for the most part intact.
you mean storm commandos?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 12:01 pm
Some were storm commandos but others were just elite units that had special names like "Vaders Fist" and such.  

Flamer42

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 1:05 pm
Flamer42
Some were storm commandos but others were just elite units that had special names like "Vaders Fist" and such.
reminds me of the elite repulsor tank unit HELL's HAMMERS. by the way, why didn't the Empire just deploy tanks to battle the rebles on hoth?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 3:47 pm
Because walkers are more intimidating...that and they handled the terrain and the weather much better. At least that is why I think they did not use tanks...  

Flamer42

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 5:44 pm
Flamer42
Because walkers are more intimidating...that and they handled the terrain and the weather much better. At least that is why I think they did not use tanks...
intimidating yes. but they are very difficult vehhicles to deploy. a squad of tanks can be deployed far easyer than a pair of AT-AT's. they could have overran the rebels. plus the walkers were moving very slow. this implies that the weight of the walkers and the conditions made for tricky handeling. the walkers could have broken through the ice into the caverns below, where the reble base was located. the tanks weigh nothing, hovering on a repulsor field, plus they would have zoomed in and made what seemed like an hourlong battle into a fifteen minute rout.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 8:13 pm
Walkers are not slow, only compared to faster vehicles.

I still miss the Juggernaut, the predecessor to the ATAT...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Tiderion

PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2004 10:25 pm
actually AT-ATs arent that hard to deploy. star destroyers drop a giant box which opens up to drop in all sorts of goodies...kinda like a mobile base. anywho, the empire prides itself with AT-ATs because it shows just how ridiculous they can be and still win. waste of resources too. BUT the good thing is they can just plow through most terrain.

im a fan of AT-PT's personally  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:12 am
Nelowulf
Walkers are not slow, only compared to faster vehicles.

I still miss the Juggernaut, the predecessor to the ATAT...
of course they are not slow. but given the terrain, I imagine they would have to slow down to a crawl to traverse the ice fields without breaking through the ice. you know, you'd think that they would have come up a more humanoid walker than the big old 4-legged walkers or the "chicken walkers." I blame a stagnation in technological inovation brought on by the peace the republic brought to the galaxy. only the military build up of the empire would see a change and advance in technology.  

Sol Walker
Crew

jedi_master_tenku

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 7:45 am
As far as tanks go, I think it's another oversight in the plot line. The originals are amde, but Lucas had to put new, interesting, cool things in the new movies, and that technology just doesn't show up in the OT. I've heard things like 'oh, it's a time of war, so they don't make things like they did in the PT', but I personally think that's just an excuse. Everything that has come out that's supposed to have happened before the OT has better technology than anything after it.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:38 am
haha yea, now watch everything in episode iii start becomin low-tech xp  

shocktv3

Tiderion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:55 am
shocktv3
haha yea, now watch everything in episode iii start becomin low-tech xp
atleast lightsabers dont have to have a separate power pack and a power cord to it anymore... man jedi back then must have looked like goobers  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 8:57 am
i hear dooku is gonna have a bicycle ship sweatdrop  

shocktv3

Tiderion

PostPosted: Fri Dec 03, 2004 9:05 am
shocktv3
i hear dooku is gonna have a bicycle ship sweatdrop
does it come with an onboard ET? stare xd  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff