Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Gryffindor Common Room
Gryffindor Common Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 68 69 70 71 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have your password?
Yes! Right here!
60%
 60%  [ 49 ]
No, I lost it D:
12%
 12%  [ 10 ]
I stole someone's password >:D
27%
 27%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 81

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:17 pm
User Image
Sun ☼ Henrick

Gryffindor || Fifth Year || Prefect
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

Sun, having no clue why all Gryffindors were summoned, arrived at the common room to see that mostly everybody were already there. Was he late? No, no, nothing seemed to be happening yet. Or were everybody just waiting for him? It seemed unlikely... The fifth year paused and waited for something to happen.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

I changed. Now I don't know who I am anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:31 pm
User Image

User ImageUser Image

Keith and Sean stepped into the Common Room. Seeing the rest of the House had already arrived. They exchanged a smile. Glad to see even Professor Steele had shown up. "Glad to see everyone has shown up. We thank you for your time." Sean said as he looked over the whole house of students. You can do this Sean. he thought as he looked at Keith, waving for his Twin to continue. "Okay, I am sure all of you have noticed the great increase of tension in Gryffindor House since the events of the end of last year." he began. Avoiding eye contact with Remy and Elli. Neither of them even knew this meeting was going to happen, but they were the heart of it. "And honestly, enough is enough. We are supposed to be a House. And a House is a Family. To disrupt this over something as stupid as Quidditch," he heard his twin inhale in shock, as did a few others with looks of surprise. Everyone knew Keith loved Quidditch more than anything, and if he was calling it stupid that something was for sure wrong. Shaking his head, the twin continued. "Like I was saying, to disrupt the peace of the house over Quidditch, with team placements and the issues that have popped up from a single persons lack of thinking things through. This is not what Gryffindor is about." he said. And at this point Sean chimed in once again. "Gryffindor is the House of the Brave, the Courageous, the Noble. Being Noble means having or showing fine personal qualities or high moral principles and ideals. Many of us have not been acting very Noble, nor have we made any brave attempts to accept things as they come. Well we are now." he said gesturing to his twin and himself. Sean stared at every person in the room. Daring them to challenge them. But Sean was usually the quiet one, the one who avoided speaking up. The Fact he was now doing so and challenging the whole of Gryffindor House was something no one would expect of him.
But the Alvern Twins were fed up. They had seen nothing but bickering and tension since the Quidditch Try Outs began. A majority of it among those that had not even been involved in the original situation that had cause all this mess. Now here comes the part where people will get annoyed. Keith thought. He began to speak once again. "Now, we understand that there are frustrated people here, mostly about Quidditch and how the succession has occurred within the Team. But it is not Elli's Fault, like you are all saying. What is to blame is over-emotional behavior. Which is what many of you have been doing over matters that are in the past and there is no point in arguing against what has happened. Nor in arguing the Elli's and Jacob's choices for the team." Sean chimed in once again. "In fact, Jacob was in the hospital wing when all this started. He didn't know what happened until this year began." he said looking pointedly at the gathered students. "And all this blaming Elli is not going to benefit anyone. Have you realized that the team is split in two, half of them not listening to Elli at all, when she is also a prefect. Well it is not good. If this keeps up Gryffindor House will not be able to win the Quidditch Cup or the House Cup. We need to be united, not divided. We are all Gryffindors. That is what matters." Keith said rather determinedly. "Now, if anyone else has a reason why we should not start acting like Gryffindors should, then you best be gong to see Professor Steele or the Headmistress." he said. And with one last pointed look covered both twins' faces. They sat. It was done.

Keith = Crimson ---- Sean = Gold

User Image

Miss GryffindorK
Kai Sparrowheart
Kiska166
Rawwry
XxXDevil-Chan
Utsuha Moon
murruelecreuset
Diamond Wales
heather030595
Xistund
IceGrayWolf
x-Phoenix Phyre-x
shabatha
Essy ze Ninja
Forks Anonymous
anbu_ninja_penguin
mc2
o White-Raven o
The Forgotten Weasley
StudiousDemoness
Yukina101
RedEagleEye007
Sariwa
Delete-Now-I-Quit

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:54 pm
User Image
    Do you really wanna be like them?
      Do you really wanna be another trend?
        Do you wanna be part of that crowd?
          Cause I don't ever wanna
            I don't ever wanna be

User Image

Luke listened, his expression closed off. He was certain he knew precisely what this was about, and now he knew. Funnily, he had predicted this all along, and no one listened to the black sheep of the entire house, did they? No, they instead bickered amongst themselves, deciding that they were important. And ironically, quidditch wasn't one of those things that was the most important thing in the house. Neither was winning the house cup. Did noone even pay attention to the history of their own school? "You know, I'm surprised at the lot of you. Gryffindors. Funny, I think the house's founder would hate to see his house in such a state. Bickering like a bunch of snakes, stabbing each other in the backs. Oh yes, this is the house of the brave, after all. We're supposed to be the heroes, right? The house Harry Potter, Albus Dumbledore, everyone else was in during their school years? The house has history, and yet you, you sad, pathetic snakes in lions' skins, are destroying the very house that they held in high esteem. Over a stupid game. Quite frankly, I could care less. If Gryffindor house crashes and burns, it is not my fault. After all, I didn't cause any of this mess. And isn't that the funniest thing? Me, the one person in this house that hates it the most, and I'm not the one doing a damned thing."

He stepped forward, knowing that everyone else's focus was on him and not caring. He was beyond caring. He was done. He'd given the house a chance, had given them all a chance, and they were tearing each other apart. "It's all of you lot, with your lies and your false pretenses at friendship, where someone does something that you don't like, and you feed them to the wolves. You take one person that inherited a mess from her predecessor, and demonize her. You take a victim of dark magic, and force him into a situation he doesn't know about and expect him to know what to do. You lot are worse than Slytherins. They make no pretenses about where they stand. They do as they always have, and they're the most honest house about it. But you, who hold honesty and bravery in such high regard? You are nothing more than dogs fighting amongst yourselves. Well, congratulations. I'm done. I quit. If this is what being a Gryffindor is truly about, I would have done better being sorted as a Slytherin. I know what to expect there. I don't know what kind of two faced cowards reside here.

Angrily, Luke tore off his own tie and shucked off the robes he wore labeling him a lion. Glaring at everyone, he chucked them onto the floor and pulled out his wand to burn the lot. He didn't care. He didn't care what they thought, he never did. He was true to himself, and no one else. Liars and fake friends the lot of them, he thought as he turned on his heel and stormed out of the common room. He would never set foot in it again, he vowed, even if that meant getting Steffi to collect his things and bring them to wherever he was going to sleep from now on. It was better than the alternative.

User Image
State: Annoyed
OOC: ...

You, don't wanna be just like youxxx
What I'm sayin' isxxxxx
This is the anthemxxxxxxx
Throw all your hands upxxxxxxxxx
You, don't wanna be youxxxxxxxxxxx

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:57 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

Eleven year old Football Prodigy

User Image

House: Gryffindor{|}Football Club: TBA{|}First Year

Theo sat there, twiddling his thumbs as the Alvern twins had come into the common room. Theo, intent on leaving, got up from his seat quietly, but as the twins had started to speak, he sat back down. Theo sat there, next to Alexandria contemplating what they would say next, but what they had said wasn't what he expected...largely because it wasn't really about Quidditch at all, but the familial ties between all of them in the house...not just the Quidditch team...all of them. All Theo could do was listen as they brought up the problems that had arose in the house. Theo would have left if he had not agreed with what was being said. It surprised him to every degree...why? Because Keith had came off as an overconfident Quidditch Player and Sean came off as someone who would never stand in front of everyone like this and call each and everyone of them out. What Sean was doing took some major guts to do, and all Theo could do was respect the kid for it.

As they finished, Theo sat there nodding his head. He wished the house respected him enough to let him add to it, but he bit his tongue. He let what the Alvern twins speech sink in to the crowd, hoping no one was thinking this was a waste of time, because this needed to be said. They had to be a family...they were forced to be; so they might as well act like it. They were all intertwined in someway and this speech made him realize it. And with that...all regret he had of trying out and failing faded. He felt cheated before, but he didn't really think about it as much now. Why? Because he needed to treat these people like family. Even if he didn't agree with their decisions.

The boy that had spoke in a different language had then spoke. And what he had said was the truth as well. They were not a bunch of Slytherins and needed to act as such. He was completely right and Theo knew it. Once again, all he did was respect him for talking. It was rather surprising that such a boy would stand and face his peers like that.

Theo listened intently as everything unfolded, taking everything in. He watched as the boy burned his insignia, the Gryffindor emblem. 'How could he do that?' the young boy thought to himself. But...he soon realized it was necessary...the anger was apparent and everyone needed to see that this was the truth. They weren't acting like the Gryffindor house. That as much he got out of his first days here. When the boy had left, he stood there in awe, not really knowing what to do. There was one thing that was necessary at this point.

He let the silence go over the crowd before standing. He got up from his seat. "I would like to apologize for my actions on the pitch the other day. I threw a temper tantrum that shouldn't have even arisen. But I would like to apologize especially to Elli and Jacob. They made the decision that had to be done and I have nothing but respect for them. Because it isn't easy making that decision ," he said aloud, sitting down.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

[quote="XxXDevil-Chan]

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 11:59 pm
Well I couldn't tell you why she felt that way,
She felt it everyday.
And I couldn't help her,
I just watched her make the same mistakes again.

User Image

User Image
What's wrong, what's wrong now?
Too many, too many problems.
Don't know where she belongs, where she belongs.
She wants to go home, but nobody's home.
It's where she lies, broken inside.
With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes.
Broken inside.

User Image
Remy watched as all the Gryffindors filed in. She waited patiently, slowly getting annoyed by the mixing smells from so many people in such a small space. After it seemed like no more people could fit, the meeting was started... by Sean and Keith Alvern. She listened patiently, noting that neither would meet her gaze. An eyebrow cocked as it all clicked into place. Sure they were trying to protect Elli and Jacob.... but they were also throwing her under the proverbial bus. She had been expecting it, really, as she was the cause. Had she not cheated, she wouldn't have lost her captaincy, Elli wouldn't be in charge, and she would have better control. Instead, half the team was for Remy, the other half against, and it was killing her. Why couldn't they all just hate her?

Gold eyes closed for a moment, letting the rest of Sean and Keith's words sink in. All the sudden, a new voice chimed it. Luke Nalson. "feed them to the wolves." " inherited a mess from her predecessor, and demonize her." Remy was the predecessor. She had left a mess for Elli and she knew it. Now she had to fix it. She watched as Luke burned his tie and robes, sighing softly. With a wave of her wand and a mumbled incantation, the flames were extinguished. "I.... I um... I have something to say, if it's alright..." She stood, shaking a bit. Why was she so scared? Was it because of what she was about to confess? Was it because most of the people here knew it was her at fault? She swallowed the lump in her throat, then continued. "Hi... everyone. For those that don't know, I'm going to... explain... myself. Last year, I held the title of Captain for the Quidditch team. Near the end of the year, I attempted to cheat, to try and break the 'curse' our team had. Namely, three years without a single win. I became selfish and greedy, knowing my last year was coming up fast. I will admit, it was a bit of fear as well. I'll admit it. I'm not a very brave person. At all. Hell, I still hide under my bed if it thunderstorms outside. Having said that, I continue back to my original thought train. I cheated, not having even thought to consult my Vice Captain, who, at the time was Elli. I completely bypassed her and told the team to do something completely... stupid. Had they been dumb enough to listen, someone may have gotten seriously, seriously hurt. Not a single day has gone by that I didn't regret that action. Anyway. About a day later, I was called in to hand in my Captaincy in front of my team. A summer later brought me back to try-outs. Did I expect to make the team, no. Not after what I had done. The reason I tried out was on a leap of faith. Someone trusted me enough that, even after what I had done, they wanted me to try again. So I did. I didn't make it. Big deal. I wouldn't have let me on the team either. A few others didn't make it either, and some of them are upset, but others know it's okay. That addends that bit of my speech."

Remy next turned to face Elli directly. "Elliryanna, I deserve every foul word you know to be thrown at me, full force. I do, but, let me say something first. Elli, I'm sorry for what I did, and I'm sorry it caused every bit of this. I know you probably hate me, and trust me, I deserve it. I deserve every bit of fiery rage you can possibly possess. If ever you want to cash that in, let me know. I'll be glad to listen." Next, she turned to Jacob. Her eyes were gentle and caring, as if she were heartbroken. The tears forming in her eyes did nothing to help. "Jacob, you deserve absolutely none of this. I cannot imagine what it's like to wake up one day and realize a year had gone by. I... I know I wouldn't have handled it with near as much grace as you did. I commend you for that." She swallowed one last time, then turned to face Sean and Keith once more. "Keith, Sun, and Ronna," she looked at each one respectively, "I have to thank you three as well. Both for being on the team, two of you joining, to save our arses last year. I'm apologizing because it was to you I wrote the letter. Keith, it's you particularly I need to thank. You're the one who was brave enough to tell Professor Steele what I did. You were the one who stood up immediately to note a wrongdoing. I'm proud of you for that."

Remy gave a light nod, sighing. She glanced around the room, still trying to hold her tears. Gold eyes noticed the time on one of the clocks, then remembered the day. Gold eyes went wide. "Cachu!! Um.. I need to leave.... now... right now. Uh... bye." She didn't take time to let anyone reply, instead sprinting out the door. She had to get started on her Wolfsbane potion... or she'd be dead meat! Lucky for her, Steele knew what she was doing. Hopefully he... or Romy, would be able to cover her random disappearance. She had always had lies, but this time she just had to run. She just... had to run.

User Image
Open your eyes and look outside, find the reasons why.
You've been rejected, and now you can't find what you left behind.
Be strong, be strong now.
Too many, too many problems.
Don't know where she belongs, where she belongs.
She wants to go home, but nobody's home.
It's where she lies, broken inside.
With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes.
Broken inside.

Her feelings she hides.
Her dreams she can't find.
She's losing her mind.
She's fallen behind.
She can't find her place.
She's losing her faith.
She's fallen from grace.
She's all over the place.
Yeah,oh

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:50 am
User Image
MIRANDAxx FAUST
2ᴺᴰ ʏᴇᴀʀxxxx ɢʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ

ɪ ᴀsᴋ ʜᴇʀ ωʜᴇʀᴇ ᴀʀᴇ ωᴇ ɢᴏɪɴɢxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxѕнє ѕαι∂ ωє'νє ÁŔŔĨVĔĎ ωιтнσυт кησωιηg
ᶤ ᵍᵒᵗ ᶰᵒʷʰᵉʳᵉ ʷʰᵉʳᵉ ᶤ ᶜᵃᶰ ᵗᵘʳᶰxxxxxxxxxx
ı тακε мч cнαпcεƨ ı ɔσп'т cαяε ıғ ı ƁƲƦƝxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxᵒᶰ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ᶠʳᵉᵉʷᵃʸ ᶤ ʷᵒᵘˡᵈ ˢᵖᵉᶰᵈ ᵐʸ ᵈᵃʸˢ
ı ƬΛҠƐ MY ƇĤΛИƇƐS ı мαч пενεя яεтυяп, cσмε вαcκ αɢαıп

xxxxxxttire: [x]
xxxxood: Confused
xxocation: Gryffindor Common Room
ompanions: Like.. all the Gryffindors

Miranda stared into the flames in the fireplace for what felt like hours until a student had finally spoken up - the boy, or boys rather, were familiar. Miranda recognized them from the feast in first year, Keith and Sean, twins, though she couldn't quite remember which one was which. She listened to them speak, but all the while the girl was confused. What were they talking about? Miranda barely even realized that there was any tension in the Gryffindor House. And then the root of the problem was revealed - Quidditch. It took all the sense in Miranda not to roll her eyes the moment the boy had said the word. 'Quidditch!?' Miranda thought, bewildered. 'They call a house meeting and gather all the Gryffindors to discuss Quidditch?' Though the girl seemed to be listening attentively, her thoughts had wandered far off now as she felt a certain level of frustration well up within.

How did this have anything to do with her? Miranda hadn't even seen a Quidditch game yet, though she heard about it from her brief conversations with Ronna. But the names that had been dropped - Elli and Jacob - meant nothing to her. She looked around the room, as if to try and find the people in question, but ultimately gave up when she realized the attempts were futile. Then the situation was escalated when some boy tore his tie and robes off and set them ablaze. Miranda shot the boy a weird look, but decided to stay quiet. 'Was that really necessary..? Such theatrics...' She thought, her lips curling into a tiny frown. After Remy's brief explanation, Miranda just didn't know what to think. To her, this was all so childish. So childish. Suddenly, the burning of the house robes didn't seem so melodramatic anymore. When Miranda had come to Hogwarts, the least of her worries was the thought that she'd have to deal with petty school yard drama, but evidently this wasn't the case. With a disapproving sigh, Miranda turned back to the fireplace. She'd let them sort it out.

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:08 am
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

Eleven year old Football Prodigy

User Image

House: Gryffindor{|}Football Club: TBA{|}First Year

After Theo had sat down, he listened as Remy had began to speak, talking about everything in which had gone on. This is where Theo thought it was starting to get a bit much. This speech generally started to go a little downhill as it went. He agreed with all of the Alvern twins had to say, then Nalson had to go and burn his emblem after his pretty well put rant, but now Remy had to go on a long rant as well?

Theo grew tired of the subject wishing it to be the end of it already. The whole point of it was already brought up and it should've been left there, everyone make their apologies and move on. They were family...he got that much, but this emotional drama that was occurring at this moment was a bit much. He turned to Alexandria and then whispered to her extremely quietly in her ear.

"This is starting to get a little dramatic and very over the top," he whispered. He did at first think that the burning of the emblem was a good way of getting his point across, but over the period of Remy's speech, Nalson's 'wow' factor was starting to fade. Theo was over it now. He realized all Nalso did was burn the robes he himself had to wear around school.

Even through all of this, Theo's apology to Elli and Jacob was sincere. And he personally had a new found respect for the Alvern twins. They were able to get them here and deliver their speech with relative success, but everything following seemed to be a little...melodramatic to him...despite the utter truth behind Nalson's tirade. Tears were starting to be shed, burning of robes had started...what was next? Somebody dies. That seemed to be where it was heading. Maybe he just didn't understand the situation because he wasn't at Hogwarts the following year. Also, Remy's sudden departure didn't really help the still left open conversation between the house. She really did leave it open for Elli and Jacob, but Remy certainly would never get a response. Why? Because she bloody left for some reason Theo or probably anyone did not know. This at first heartfelt moment seemed to go awry extremely quickly.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

kiska166

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:37 am
User Image

Gryffindor, First year, Muggleborn

David Rolled his eyes, so this is a waste of his time after all. He got up. "Well that's lovely and all, but I don't really care about being brave or noble. All I know is a dusty hat told me said I belong here with the other hotheaded idiots. I also have no connections to what happened last year or this year in your reindeer games. So forcing me to be here was just a waste of my time. Next time I suggest you just gather all the people you have the problem with and not waste everyone's time for your lots dispute. And before you give take points or give me a detention for speaking my mind I'll have you know I don't care about winning the house cup ether and I have nothing to do later so go ahead."
David said as he moved up to his room, why did the bloody hat think he would fit in with this lot again?

Xistund

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:41 am
User ImageUser Image
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 12
Year at Hogwarts: 2nd year
Height: 5'3"

➳ ➳ ➳

[Wearing:Uniform]
Company: Fellow Gryffindor House

➳ ➳ ➳

Quiditch right...

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna let out a laugh, part relief, part anger, part at the ridiculousness of the situation. "Okay," She said speaking up, "We don't even have a meeting when people are dropping unconscious last year but we do over quidditch? What bullox! Is winning the house cup more important than people getting hurt?"

She shook her head, "Yeah, I can see where our priorities lay. Maybe it was best I wasn't selected for the Quidditch team because of my temper, even though by all means I do respect Elli and Jacob's positions, regardless of my thoughts on the matter as I said in try outs. If you think calling some house meeting and freaking people out over a game is okay, Keith and Sean Alvern you are wrong."

"Maybe most of us were thinking and wondering if it was about quidditch... I mean we have had a lot of issues about in our house, you are right," Ronna said, "but the thing is I'm sure some of us can't brush of the thought that it could have been something that mattered a lot more." As she spoke she put her arms around herself, and rubbed them thinking back to the first time she had realized her Dad was dangerous: when she was six and had to be taken out of school because her Dad had been stabbed while on the job. It was minor but still!

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:57 am
User Image
User Image

GryffindorThird YearSingleReserve Keeper

Minn listened carefully to everyone, her emotion calm, for once. So they were talking about all the fighting? Green eyes blinked, then the girl sighed. Sean and Keith had some valid points, and so did Luke. Remy's speech seemed to be mostly an apology until she ran out, and Theo and David just seemed annoyed. Then... then there was Ronna. Minn remembered the girl from last year, how she had offered to help, but in a way that wouldn't have mattered in the long run. Oh well. The younger girl ranted on about Quidditch not being important, which made the third year sigh. "Ronna, I don't think it was all about Quidditch. It's more or less how we have been acting lately. We've all been at each other's throats, and that's bad. You ever heard the phrase 'united we stand, divided we fall'? That's a real thing. I don't want to be in a house fulla mean people. Luke was right to say we've been acting worse than the Slytherins. I mean, if we can't even have a civilized conversation about being civilized, what can we talk about?" She looked at the girl, then cast a nervous glance around the room, hoping for a bit of back-up. Her brother was right when he'd said the Lions were just a powder keg waiting for a spark. Well... the spark had been lit down a short fuse. Now they just had to contain the blow-up.

{OoC:}

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:16 am
User ImageUser Image

➳ ➳ ➳

➳ ➳ ➳

I suppose Minn is right.

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna closed her eyes and took a deep sigh. Minn's words calmed her and made her see clearer. She really would need to think the older, but smaller girl, sometime. "You have a point, Minn," She answered bluntly, "everyone has been at each other's throats. I suppose we should admire Keith and Sean for stepping up to address the issue. Others in leadership probably should have done so sooner. However, when you use the phrase 'united we stand, divided we fall' we should not forget we are entire school as well. Despite the unpopularity this may gain me, I will state this now, outer-house bickering and only seeing the worse of the other houses isn't very favorable either."

She took another deep breath, and gripped the couch back. She narrowed her eyes at Keith and said, "We're the house of the noble, right? Well I want to see nobility in not only those who must follow leadership but those who are in leadership. You missed one of the biggest things about nobility, Keith. One of the biggest things about nobility is the ability to forgive... and that, though, one of the hardest things to do, takes some of the most courage and nobility to accomplish."

"We'll never get anywhere if we don't learn that trait-quidditch, housecup, house unity, school unity, or anywhere else," Ronna said, looking pointedly at Elli.

User Image

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:45 am
They said all teenagers scare the living s h i t out of me
They could care less as long as someone'll bleed
So darken your clothes or strike a violent pose
Maybe they'll leave you alone, but not me

The boys and girls in the clique
The awful names that they stick
You're never gonna fit in much, kid
But if you're troubled and hurt

What you got under your shirt
Will make them pay for the things that they did

Christian Barrett

User Image

Crash
Third Year Gryffindor

Really? He thought, bewildered. Chocolate eyes blinked rapidly in and out of focus, and his fingers tousled his messy mane in exaggerated confusion. He knew they'd been bad, but not that bad! At least, not to the point where their only voice of reason had become the Alvern twins, of all people. The normally docile twin, which he could only tell apart because of their demeanor had just driven the point home. They (well, everyone else) had been horrible. A lurch in his stomach was drilled with guilt weighing into its depths. Of all the houses, theirs was the most likely to brawl, to argue, to fight first and ask questions later. (And each of their humiliating defeats had their morale suffering.) Ugh, he nearly gagged when members of his own house had insulted them, called them serpents. And then, smoke. He saw the smoldering remains of a pair of black and scarlet robes in a heap on the ground and the retreating figure of Nalson disappear around the portrait or the Fat Lady. And now, it was like the floor was open for discussion! He blinked, shocked. He'd never heard the whole extent of what Remy had done, and it was hard to believe. Ronna quipped up, and then Minn. Why won't everyone just shut up? Was it really so hard to agree to disagree? He blinked and shuffled closer to Ronna, he could already feel the intent eyes on pinpointed on her back like a target. He nudged her gently, sliding in right beside her and he nudged her again hesitantly. "Psst, pssst." Crash leaned in gently and whispered in her ear. "Seriously, Ronna? Now?" He pleaded in a hushed voice only she could hear (and a few of those nearest them.) He didn't want things to escalate, and he certainly didn't want Ronna to be in the middle of it! As much as her chivalry was admirable, there was a time and place for everything, and this wasn't it.

╔════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄══════════════╗
Height: 5 ft 4½ in Weight: 125lbs Age: 12
Common Room
confused
Gryffindor Pride
╚══════════════▄▀▄▀▄▄▀▄▀▄════╝

User Image User Image

mc2

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:07 pm
User Image
User Image

GryffindorThird YearSingleReserve Keeper

Minn listened to Ronna, nodding slightly. "Yes, I do think we should admire them for stepping up. Like Remy said, they're brave, and right, to do so. And about my phrase, yes, it should imply to the school, but, the school also works like a team. If one member of the team, in this case, Gryffindor, isn't willing to improve themselves, then how can the team function? Jus' like in Quidditch. If even one person isn't doing their job, then the whole team can easily fail. So, likewise, if Gryffindor sits in the corner screaming amongst themselves, then we're the one member not up to par, right?" She looked at the taller girl once more, eyes wide. Minn hoped with all her heart that the fighting could be resolved, because it was breaking her heart. She hated seeing people mad at each other, particularly like this. When Ronna continued, then said it was at fault of the higher-ups, Minn gave a sigh. "No, it's at everyone's fault, not just the people in power. A lot of us have been acting like twits lately, and the people in higher status have been doing a lot to try and fix this. Heck, neither Keith nor Sean is in power, but look what they did here. Sometimes, yes, it can be blamed on those with power, but sometimes... sometimes it's those with no power that need to be the most noble." She took words her brother had once told her, then made them applicable for this situation. Green eyes blinked, almost daring Ronna to challenge her words. More often than not, the person who had the hardest time adapting was the one that wanted everyone else to change for their needs. In this case, however, Minn thought Ronna just needed someone to talk to. She, being Minn, would love to occupy that spot. She loved friends, and had been told she was a good listener. Maybe she could help?

{OoC:}

PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:02 pm
User ImageUser Image

➳ ➳ ➳

➳ ➳ ➳

I wasn't just blaming those in power, though it is their jobs to step up and do something.

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna turned at Crash's words blue eyes narrowed and hissed back, "What?" She clearly was annoyed at him and the entire situation. She turned to hear what Minn said and then glanced at Crash. She grabbed his tie and pulled him closer to her and said in a hiss to him that only he and those closest to them could hear, "You have a problem with what I'm saying? It's true. If you want me to shut up so bad you'll have to forcibly remove me from this meeting."

She let go of his tie, not expecting him to do anything and continued so the rest of the house could hear, "I'm not saying that the blame lies on any particular person or class of person, Minn. What I am saying is that when given a position of power it is common sense with that power you are given a bit more responsibility than the common person in the house. Yes, all of us need to work harder, some of us more than others, but it is stupid that leadership doesn't come with responsibility in the bad times, like now, too."

User Image

Essy ze Ninja

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:56 pm
User Image
You don't have to say you love me
Just be close at hand
You don't have to stay forever
I will understand
Believe me, believe me
I can't help but love you

User Image

Timothy stepped forward, his expression somber. He'd heard enough, and needed to break this mess before it got out of hand, again. He had to step in the quidditch situation due to the severe nature of the infraction. This was an intervention, which he had to commend the Alvers for. Though he would have to track down Nalson and talk to the troublemaker. Making a point and then buring his robes were two very different things in his opinion. However, while everyone seemed to be trying to cool their heads, Miss Kiss seemed to be ready to stir up more trouble by arguing with everyone. He made a beckoning gesture towards her, his eyes fixed on hers. "Miss Kiss, may I, as one of those in the 'leadership position, have a word with you in my office?"

He then looked at everyone else, his eyes sweeping around and piercing them with his stare. "Also, this topic is over. The offended parties I assure will apologize to each other, and that will be the end of it. This has gone on for long enough, and as Misters Alvern and Nalson have clearly stated, has turned this house upside down. If anyone else wishes to lodge complaints against their housemates, they shall come to me first. This behavior is inexcusable, and I will not hesitate to remove the problem if necessary." His gaze then locked back onto Kiss, gesturing toward the portrait hole. "After you."

___________________________
                                                            Location: Gryffindor Common Room
                                                            State: Annoyed
                                                            OOC: ...
                                                            ___________________________

mc2

Gryffindor Common Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 68 69 70 71 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games