Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:58 pm

Ariana Hawthorne
First Year: Unsorted

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana hadn't found Chase in the crowd until he walked up to the boat she sat in. "Hiiiii," she said, holing the 'i' sound for a full second. Chase did a great job of washing away the blood. His face was completely visible because of the lantern, and nobody could tell he had a nosebleed. "Have you seen Sam?" she asked, continuing to look through the crowd of students. I hope he didn't go and sit in a different boat, she thought, wanting to stick with the two friends she made for the rest of the night.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:09 pm
User Image
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄

||``Selene Gillette``||
Unsorted || First Year

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

Selene could sense the nervous excitement of the students around her. With their awed whispers and frantic movements. It seemed that the one thing all the students had in common was that they were uncertain of what to expect. Though Selene would never be willing to admit it, she, too, knew very little of what was to come. The difference between her and the other students, though, was that, when faced with uncertainly, Selene's upbringing allowed her a lesson to fall back on. Observe the others, she recalled her mother's wise words, let others be the first to make a mistake. This was, essentially, her guiding philosophy. Allow others to fall before you. Let their foolhardiness and rash actions lead to their downfall. Always observe and make yourself aware of your enemies weaknesses. One need not be the first, but they certainly cannot be the last, at least in the beginning. Of course, as the game runs on, a pureblood must always rise to the top. After all, cream rises to the top and the Gillette certainly saw themselves as the creme de le creme.

What did perturb Selene was the number of obvious mudbloods. She had always been taught that true wizarding purebloods were hard to find, but, in this, a school of magic, a school for only the best students, she certainly did nto expect to find so many...mediocre students. For, she was well aware that only purebloods could make fine wizards. Why would Hogwarts waste their time on teaching less than excellent students. This thought brought a slight scowl to her face.

As she reached the water's edge, she followed the other students' lead. Always assessing their choices and actions and the results it yielded them. She stepped into a boat, keeping her dignified posture, and waited, seemingly patiently, as the other students arrived.  

aliciazee

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:14 pm
User Image
~Heather Stevia Hawthorn~

User Image
User Image
Heather sat with Remy in the boat. It was dark outside, and Heather was a little freaked out by that. She didn't take kindly to the dark.
"Rem, how long do you think it will take to get to the school?" she asks nervously.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:23 pm
User Image
~Remy Verity Bleiddiaid~

User Image
User Image
Remy was very excited. She could see faint lights in the far distant, so they weren't really close to the school, but she could still see it. Remy turned to Heather.
"I don't know, Heather. From the distant of those lights, I'd say a long while still. But it's okay. Don't freak out." she says.
Remy thinks for a minute, trying to find something to distract Heather from her fear of the dark.
"Hey! Remember how you were reading that spell book on the train? Why don't you think about those? That might calm you down a little." she says, smiling.

Cinnabun Gryffie

Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:32 pm
User Image
~Heather Stevia Hawthorn~

User Image
User Image
Heather, too, could see the lights in the distant. She heard Remy's suggestion to think of the spells she had read about, and nodded, deciding to try the idea.
Okay. What were some of those basic ones? Incendio makes fire. Flipendo knocks your opponet backwards. Petrificus Totalus paralyses your opponet. Mimble Wimble makes your opponets tongue tied.
Heather continued to list spells in her head, calming her nerves.
The two best friends sat quietly, awaiting their arrival at Hogwarts.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:34 pm
User Image
Chase Henrick
~ House ::: First Year ~

User Image

Chase looked around and saw couple other people get into the boats, but no sign of Sam yet.

"I don't see him yet. Though it's a bit hard to see, since my night vision just got destroyed by the lantern right next to me," he nudged at the bright light, "I'm sure he'll be here soon. Or maybe he's planning to sneak up on us and spook us a little bit," he snickered.

User Image

"The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being.
His heart withers if it does not answer another heart.
His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration."
- Pearl S. Buck

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:19 pm

Ariana Hawthorne

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana moved the lantern that she held. "Sorry, I didn't mean for it to be in face," she said apologetically. She ignored the last thing that Chase said. Where is he? The faster he gets here, the sooner we can go, she thought, wanting to get to Hogwarts and be sorted already.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:28 pm
User Image
Chase Henrick
~ Unsorted ::: First Year ~

User Image

"It wasn't your fault. It's hard to see the dark when you're surrounded by light," Chase said. The last sentence may or may not have a double meaning. Chase thought - and could prove - that it did. When you're happy, you're blinded by the blissful events, unaware of the injustice and suffering. He looked up at the sky and made a list of all the pros and cons of feeling nothing.

User Image

His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration."
- Pearl S. Buck

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150

Commander Aran

6,300 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:28 pm
User Image
User Image
"τнε spyιηg scнεмεr"

THOUGHTS: Filthy Mudblood.

MOOD: Snobbish.

User Image

Pathetic Ben was sitting alone. Matt had half a mind to leave him to enjoy the fact that he was a pathetic Mudblood. Still he sighed, waved Samuel goodbye and made his way over to the boat that held Benjamin St. Cloud, and got in shakily. Yia had made him practice so he didn't fall in. So once he sat down in the boat, making sure he wasn't touching the filth. He remained quiet as he stared ahead. He had no idea why he was sitting here, in this boat, with this filth.
User Image
What makes you happy?

I wonder... what makes you happy...

Does it make others happy, too?

User Image

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:43 pm

Ariana Hawthorne

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana didn't think about the double meaning behind what Chase had said. She hadn't even realized that there might've been one. "My arm is getting tired," she said as she placed the lantern on the boat floor. Stretching her arm, she watched as another student went and sat in the boat next to her with the blond boy.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Nova_Cattus

Mythical Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:49 pm
User Image
User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Rutam beamed at Shina as she boarded the boat. "It's a pleasure to meet you too." She was settling herself down across from her "boat-mate" when another person came forward and introduced himself, asking to ride with them. "Sure, we don't mind. Hop aboard!" Her hand patted the seat next to her and she scooted over. "My name's Rutam Umbra, but you can call me Rue if you want."

Her attention was captured by Elliot's nervous hands. They were holding a book, a textbook of some sort, and this intrigued Rutam since it was too dark even with the glowing lantern to see the title. "Do you mind if I ask what book you're reading?" She loved to read. Her interests were wide and varied from topic to topic in passion and knowledge, but an unknown book was a small mystery to be solved.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image
User Image
User Image

*EDITED*

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:04 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
UNSORTED 1st Year

Rona forced down a breath of cold air.

Hundreds, if not thousands, of tiny heads poked out of steadily sailing boats, and none of them were familiar. How could they be? Just the day before she'd never seen anything magical, any young witches and wizards included. She knew nothing about their world, save for the abrupt history lesson given by her father on the car ride to the station. She heard tales of great and powerful wizards, fierce battles and a new time of peace, all of which seemed right out of a story book. Seeing the castle just on the horizon nearly made the girl faint. This was no joke.

Everything she'd always hoped could be was absolutely true.

She lingered behind walls of eager students, all of which seemed to be discussing things she'd never heard of and throwing around words like Quibbage and Perfects and blah blah blah... she had so much time to make up for. All of the First Years chattered away like Magpies and she was the only one who hadn't a clue.

Rona kept her eyes on the boats, trying to seem inconspicuous, waiting for an opening...

UNSORTED

Owlied

Timid Werewolf

4,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

-Mister Grell Sutcliff-

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:00 pm
`•.¸¸.••´´`•.(`•.¸Payton Loughty III¸.•´).•´``•• .¸¸.•´

•°o.O First Year~ Unsorted O.o°•

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
׺°”˜`”°º×☠׺°”˜`”°º×
Being as she was already settled into a boat Payton simply glanced around at the new faces. 'Move it along students, hurry up,' the words almost slipped form her mouth but she really didn't feel like having to deal with the smart mouth that she knew would reply. The female glanced once more at the two females seeing as the were so silent. She was enjoying it quite a bit. 'They aren't so bad after all,' as she thought this amusement filled her for an unknown reason.

Out of her the corner of her eyes she she saw a female caught behind a mass of students, with about as much enthusiasm -or lack there of- as she did. 'Someone a bit more like me. Thats interesting.' She eyed the female some then pursed her lips. 'I'm writing this off as my good deed for the day.' She thought as she caught the girls eye and motioned for her to join them.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Hear me sing the song of the week:My Heart Will Go On
Time of Day/Date:〗Night
Mood:〗Neutral/ Slightly annoyed
〖【OutOfCandy:〗She was motioning for Rona
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:00 pm
User Image
Chase Henrick
~ Unsorted ::: First Year ~

User Image

"Sam sure is slow," Chase complained. He let his gaze wander around, from the sky to the boats, then to the students who are searching for empty seats. He was quickly getting tired of waiting around, but he had to be patient.

"That girl looks like she's up to something," he said, pointing at a girl with short air a little distance from them. "Nevermind, I'm losing my mind," he said, turning his attention back to Ariana.

User Image

- Pearl S. Buck

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:06 pm

Ariana Hawthorne

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana let out a chuckle. "Just a bit," she agreed. What was taking Sam so long? Ariana looked at the girl whom Chase pointed to. "I think she's just nervous," she said reassuringly. Why wouldn't she be nervous? Why wouldn't anyone be nervous on their first day at Hogwarts? Especially since they haven't even arrived yet.

wearing

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games