Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Star Wars Weapons Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:23 am
I'm with Blikk on this one. When once Jedi were a force to be reckoned with, they severely became stagnant towards the Clone Wars.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:36 am
You have to remember that by the time of the Clone Wars Jedi were primarily negotiators and peacekeepers. There hadn't been a major galactic war for close to a millenia. Add to the fact that the threat of the Sith had been hidden for an equal amount of time thanks to The Rule of Two. They had to a different skill set than the KoTOR Era. Besides what exactly are you saying they were too "noble"? The Jedi were taught to respect different cultures even if they disagreed with a certain one.  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:25 am
Ral, I think what we have here is the Post-clone wars Mandalorian viewpoint.

Despite the scholarly and accepting views of the Jedi Order, these two bucket heads can only recall how the Jedi kicked their elite forces' asses at Galidraan, killed Jango Fett, and then led an army of his clones taught by Mandalorians.

They see the Jedi Order as misguided, ignorant, and out of touch with the galaxy, unwilling to see things the way the Order see them due to a deep seated resentment they feel towards the Jedi due to past run ins with them.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:55 am
Considering that the Mandalorians actually praised such figures as Kenobi and especially Windu, to simply generalize all jedi as mere incompetant idiots is like saying all mandalorians were once great fighters, but then Jodo Kast came around and effed it all up for them.

Of course, considering the mando's irrational hatred for echani, it's not surprizing that they'd be rather thick headed towards other cultures that don't involve bowing to a guy who wrestled a gundark at age five and lived...

God I hate intolerant idiots... The Jedi knew Palps was up to somehting, even Qui-gon, and yoda, both praticioners of the living force. However, unlike most people, when your beliefs say that you're innocent until proven guilty, and you believe that, until you can actually find proof, it's very difficult to actually get away with accusing someone. Think back in TPM; there was no ability to prove anything that palps was evil. Anywhere. Could you have honestly expected a mando to see that the dude stank? ******** no. They'd just waltz by until the clone wars.

And it's only in the last stage of the war that palps exponentially started gaining a lot of power. If someone hates jedi for being 'too noble', I'd counter by saying that mandos are 'too hindsighted', because they didn't step in either.

Jango could have killed dooku, but then he'd have been out of a paycheck. It's true that the jedi became too diplomatic to handle a war, somehting the galaxy hadn't seen in a thousand years. Can you blame them for adapting to the times?  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:02 am
Oh the Mandalorians stepped in, alright.

They signed on with the Seps and got closer to taking Kamino than the Droids ever could hope to manage. But when "Boba Fett" stepped down from leading them after the brutal battle of Norval II, they bowed out of the war.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:28 am
Come to think of it, doesn't it seem sort of ironic that for being such a war-based race, that the mandos participation on a galactic scale seems severely limited? a couple battles here, a couple battles there, but never really a strong commitment...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:31 am
And for being such a pacifistic bunch, the Jedi cant seem to avoid getting caught in the center of almost every war that breaks out.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:33 am
Jedi = Jackie Chan.

Leave me alone! I don't want any trouble! *punch punch punch* leave me alone! *kick* I didn't do anything! *kick punch punch stab*  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:35 am
Of course the Mandalorian tendancy to avoid getting caught up in major wars might stem from the fact that they still remember what happened to them in the Great Sith War and the Mandalorian Wars.
Unlike some people, they might have learned their lesson.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:38 am
That would explain why they hunt safer things, like krayt dragons and the like instead of sentient beings... Maybe they shoud adopt more jedi-esque codes. That way enemies come to them...

Although, they need to update their warfare again. legacy is strangely missing decent mando tech.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:41 am
We know they're there. Hondo Karr is Mandalorian and he seems a pretty scary fellow.

Maybe they're just minding their own buisness again.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:46 am
I dunno. The dug is a bit more scary to me than Karr. Then again, that might just be because of his headstrong nature... But Karr ain't got nothin' on Calixte...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:48 am
Maybe he seemed tougher when hewas a stormtrooper.

I dunno.

But we are getting off topic here.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:46 pm
Mandalorians are w1n lawl. rofl Cale I like you statement on the Battle of Galidraan.

Has anyone taken a liking to the Senate Guard ceremonial rifle? They look and act great, and I think the Guards make it even deadlier.  

Valkore Fraust

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:49 pm
You just have to wonder how effective it is, though. It looks more pretty than powerful.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games