Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 606 607 608 609 610 611 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darth Fury

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:10 pm
On a side note: I've been playing through Mercenaries: Playground of Destruction for the past week. Hell of a lot of fun, and a kick-a** game to boot. You're basically a merc, dropped into the middle of a wartorn Korea who tracks down 52 (a full deck) of North Korean soldiers, scientists, and spies wanted by the Allied Forces. It's an open-world game, like GTA, but in the middle of a war-zone.

In the game, you can choose to kill or capture the targets. Killing them is way easier, as you only have to take a pic of their corpse to verify the kill. Capturing entails clearing the area of enemies and AA guns, knocking them unconscious, and loading them onboard a summoned helicopter. (All the while praying that a stray missile doesn't strike down your chopper.)

You get double the money for capturing the target, but it is significantly harder and you lose money if your extraction helicopter gets shot down. I've managed to capture nearly all of my targets, though a few died in random accidents and I was too tired to repeat the entire mission just to get the extra dough.

Good game. Got a few adventure ideas for roleplaying purposes...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:12 pm
I has a question. Cale or Jaden, one of you dudes proposed the idea of training troops /shrug. If I do, would I be able to go Sgt. Hartman on their asses? lol  

Valkore Fraust

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:21 pm
Only if you were training Non Mando troops to be Mandalorians I would think. Real Mandalorians would probably take offense to being treated like incappable Arutiise.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:30 pm
Sgt. Hartman?  

Darth Fury

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:53 pm
From Full Metal Jacket.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:36 pm
Cale Darksun
Only if you were training Non Mando troops to be Mandalorians I would think. Real Mandalorians would probably take offense to being treated like incappable Arutiise.

Hmm...

A little less than Hartman? Major Payne? lol That was funny. I wouldn't be nice to'em. They're gonna get treated like crap regardless. War is cruel, am I right? Gotta make tough men. But, I wouldn't choke them, beat them (excessively wink ) or drive one to near insanity.  

Valkore Fraust

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 7:43 pm
You're gonna risk treating mandalorian men, men raised to be warriors, like raw recruits?
Good luck trying to survive.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:16 am
Cale Darksun
Aurin_Starkiller
I assume that the "massive, heavily armed ship" is, in fact, the Ashla?

What would a Jedi Battlecruiser be doing with sith symbols and a big piracy decal?
But I suppose if it looks like a duck...

Luke Skywalker: Whats a duck?

I'm just asking if it's that class of ship...

Funny quote, btw.

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 1:19 pm
I suppose you wont know until you start looking for it.
After all, there hasnt been any survivors yet. For all you know it could be something new I had cranked out of KDY or even be not a ship of mine at all.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:08 pm
Cale Darksun
You're gonna risk treating mandalorian men, men raised to be warriors, like raw recruits?
Good luck trying to survive.

Well, I wasn't told of how the men would be. I was actually expecting raw recruits. If they were raised to be warriors... why would they need more training? If they were raised to be in physical shape, then, yeah, I will treat them like raw recruit. Tactics will be taught.

Why would a Mandalorian want to kill his drill instructor? That's pretty disrespectful and stupid /shrug  

Valkore Fraust

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:11 pm
Why would a Mandalorian kill his drill sergeant?
Because he thinks he can do the job better.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:17 pm
Because he thinks he can do the job... better. There's a few problems with that. Court marshal, definitely Dar'Manda, and death. My point stands; if someone is already trained, why bother come to training? No Mandalorian would kill his drill instructor. Especially one who strikes fear and respect into his men.

I wouldn't treat them like I would a child, nor would I treat them worse than Sgt. Hartman. I guess you didn't catch the wink part in the parentheses.  

Valkore Fraust

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:41 pm
Mandalorians have martial courts?

Mandalore warrior, speaking as another Mando'ad, I dont think you understand your own people enough to lead them.

No Mandalorian of this time had a drill instructor, nor can I think of any time since (Not counting the Neo-Crusaders).

Mandalorians are trained to fight by their parents and they learn pretty well. Theres no real chain of command among mandalorians, and the only real laws the culture has are the 6 actions and whatever personal honor code the Mandalorian lives by. They're a highly individualistic lot and they dont take kindly to being ordered around. You want to lead, you have to prove you can lead. Barking orders will only get you the finger at best and a blaster bolt to the back of the head at worst.

Mandalorians dont drill other Mandalorians.
Mandalorians drill non-Mandalorians. After all, thats half of the mercenary buisness.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 6:50 pm
Well, it IS an army, isn't it? There would be some kind of punishment.

Who said I was leading anyone?

Well, I was given the proposition to train troops. So, don't start anything with me coming up with the idea.

I'm sure they are trained by their parents. Again, I didn't come up with the idea. So, don't bark at me about it. A finger and a blaster bolt to the head. That's nice. Real nice, and I actually like that.

Like I said, I was never told anything yet. I was only told, a while back, that I could train troops. I never heard anything about Mandalorians, or non-Mandalorians. If I AM going to train Mandalorians, I will train them hard. Hard is efficient. That's what I'm going to say about that.

Again... If they're already trained, why come to training?  

Valkore Fraust

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:32 pm
MW, you probably should consider finding out whom you're training, before you start finding out why everyone's already dibbing on your gear. The concept of drilling someone is in itself a position of leadership, and you might want to learn some real quick things about the military before you start having your ego writing checks your body won't cash.

It's a word of advice. Take it or leave it, but quit being so defensive.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 606 607 608 609 610 611 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games