Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Staff Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 5:14 am
User Image

"Chrissy"
Christina Anna Dechering
Healing Professor of Hogwarts
Metamorphagus

Born in Georgia, U.S.A. on October 15, 2002
Wand: Rigid, with a spiraled shaft, 11 3/8 inches, Mahogany, Pegasus Wing Feather
Former Chameleon Dorm Member at the Salem Institute of Witchfract and Wizardry
Emotional State: Excited for the Start of the Year
Looking: Blonde in Black and Brown

Currently it is The Opening Feastxxx

Chrissy rolled her eyes when Bréanainn said her initial statement went right over his head and that he probably should know that. When she glanced back at him her eyes picked up the slightest hint of green and she said, "Maybe you just took too many bludgers in the head when you played quidditch when you were younger? And, honestly, in my opinion many traditional American couples who chose to have less kids end up getting a dog or something-and a dog should count for at least half a kid."

"As for students? I don't think any of my students are bad. I care more about end results. Besides, I'm completely a different person when teaching. I'm actually fairly strict," Chrissy nodded, "Then again if you plan to study magic to heal people you should know how dangerous bad healing magic can be. And, I don't want to hear about one of my students one day killing someone through incompetence if they become a healer or mediwizard."

She shrugged, " 'Course, different branches of magic should have different approaches. But seriously, if my students can keep up with what I give them and they do generally, I can't say I have any bad students. They do good in the end and that is where it counts." With a smile as her eyes had returned back to their previous shade of blue she turned her attention back to the sorting. Maybe it was because she was used to it more, but Chrissy couldn't help but think that only four houses like Hogwarts had tended to limit the options and meant that the houses were far less indicative of a student's actual personality.

At Salem there were six houses and she more or less considered the sorting as such: Chameleon (her sorting) tended to be the more independent thinkers who thought on their feet well. Coyotes (like her sister) were more quiet and bookworm types and thought things through more and were more observers of others that found humor in that sort of thing. Crows were the creative, artsy ones. Lynxes were mostly the same as Gryffindor's reputation but they were more stubborn for the greater good and weren't nearly as rash as some Gryffindors were painted-though she didn't have that many Gryffindors, and those she did have were probably more inclined to helping people by nature. Swans were in Chrissy's opinion pretty flowers that just liked everything to be happy and to be pretty living that way. Spiders were the only one that actually translated almost perfectly to any of the houses of Hogwarts-they were the Slytherins.

Tapping her finger on her chin she watched the sorting and the different tables curious about her new third years. She had several Slytherins this year, only one Hufflepuff and one Gryffindor if she remembered correctly from her class list. It was odd since wasn't Slytherin seen as more selfish and ambitious-healing wasn't a career you tended to make a fortune in, especially for the amount of hours and work you put in. Maybe it all of a sudden became the stylish field and St. Mungo's started paying more sometime between last year and now and she had missed the memo?

RedEagleEye007
shabatha

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:22 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

Hɪsᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄ || Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Sᴛᴜᴅʏ ᴏғ Aɴᴄɪᴇɴᴛ Rᴜɴᴇs

════════════════════════

Grayson walked to the staff table, already noticing that the sorting was in full swing. Well, apparently his streak of arriving early had been broken. He rubbed the back of his neck, noticing that Amata was sitting at the staff table, and he took a seat right next to her. Grayson gave Amata a smile and took her hand, then let it go, then took it again. Okay, he was determined now to try and look up courting rituals of some cultures. Specifically his own. He was sure that his father had mentioned them before, just he didn't remember them. Or his father gave him up as a lost cause. Either way, he was slightly lost. He had asked Amata down to a dig in the Mediterranean since he enjoyed her company, well, that, and she enjoyed some aspects of history. He'd enjoyed it, but... He was still not sure if she enjoyed it or if she had put on a face about her discomfort and acted happy or not. Should he even be touching her if she didn't enjoy herself? Flustered with his own thoughts, he realized that he didn't have a book to bury his nose in, and he felt a blush start on his face. Great, he was doomed.... "Um, hey Amata. How'd the rest of the summer go?" Oh yes, please, he wanted to hear all about how she had a better time at home than running around Greece. He decided to distract himself and watch the Sorting. Maybe that could make him feel less awkward?

════════════════════════
                                            Thinking: Amata hated her time in Greece, didn't she?
                                            OOC:

Now where did I put that wand?

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:24 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Dating Grayson Powell
                                                          Looking Lovely at the Staff Table with the Professors
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Happy
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ It's nice to be back. ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

The rain is fallin' on my windowpanes, დ დ დxxx
                                                          But we are hiding in a safer place. დ დ დxxxxxx
                                                          Under covers staying dry and warm; დ დ დxxxxxxxxx
                                                          You give me feelings that I adore. დ დ დxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceAmata was chewing her lip in agitation by the time Grayson finally made an appearance. She had just about convinced herself that no one would notice if she got up and left to go look for him when he sat down. She couldn't help but smile at him, determined not to pick on him over his obvious awkwardness. When he took her hand the second time, she gave his a light squeeze and laced her fingers through his so he couldn't let go again. He'd seemed a lot less awkward on the trip, she noted. Probably because he'd been in his comfort zone and she'd been the one tripping along after him. "Hm, so, what were you reading tonight that distracted you from watching the clock?" she asked him with a cheeky grin, figuring his lateness was probably less of a sore spot. She had to admit, the blush was somewhat flattering. In an effort to... she didn't really know what, actually, either loosen him up or get him more flustered, she couldn't quite decide, she pulled his hand to her lips and kissed his knuckles, unable to keep from smiling as she did it.

spaceShe rolled her eyes at his question, shrugging lightly. "Hm... Let me see... Avoiding Ciaran because I didn't care to listen to him trying to break our trip down to the seconds and analyze everything that happened, avoiding my mother because all she does is talk about how lonely she is now that Dad's gone or gossip about her neighbors and friends... Basically staying locked in my house and wishing we'd stayed gone for the entirety of the holiday," she told him with a smirk. Because, yes, even with the insufferable heat, she would've given anything to have not been home for what little time she was. Especially if the alternative had been spending him with him. Actually, if he were inclined to ask her out of the country again, she'd be more than happy to go along with it. Anywhere. She'd spend the Summer in the Sahara desert for all she cared. Even if it wasn't romantic, actually, which she supposed should be somewhat concerning. She just... liked spending time with him. But, then, that shouldn't have come as any surprise. He was a rather pleasant person to be around.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxდ დ დ It starts in my toes, makes me crinkle my nose.
                                                          xxxxxxდ დ დ Wherever it goes, I always know
                                                          xxxxxxxxxდ დ დ That you make me smile, please stay for a while.
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxდ დ დ Just take your time, wherever you go.

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:45 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

$Bréanainn Cian Conri$
Charm's Professor||Former Gryffindor||Former Quidditch Player

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Bréanainn listened to her quietly for a few moments, picking up on the sudden change of eye color, from the eye contact of course. It was weird to grasp, but he had obviously been mentally prepared for it, but he did wonder what green meant. It seemed that she had a different color for different moods, kind of like a mood right, or at least, he had picked up on that with the whole 'if my eyes turn black' spiel. Maybe it meant annoyance, he didn't know. Whatever it meant, one thing he did know, it couldn't have been too bad because the tone of the conversation didn't really seem to shift. "I was a keeper, I didn't take too many bludgers to t'e face. I mean, being a keeper, yuh had to really be keenly aware of what was happening around t'e pitch. I have only gotten hit by no more than twenty bludgers in my long career, which is really low, but I just knew where t'ey were at all times," he said truthfully, not realizing how good he was at dodging the bludgers. That was one thing he would always be good at...well...as well as actually stopping the ball at least.

"Completely different person ay? I was always t'e professor who preferred to let t'e students pick up on it rat'er t'an hearin' me talk about t'e lesson t'e whole time. Brief explanation and evaluation I suppose. It seems to be workin' however. My students have been doing exceedingly well on t'eir O.W.L.S and N.E.W.T.S t'e past couple o' years," he said to Chrissy, shrugging his shoulders. Then again, it could be that the Charms test was exceedingly easier than most of the others...especially Christina's subject. "I have yet to run into an actual bad student. Most students seem to do t'eir work to t'e best of t'eir abilities. T'ere seems to be a few slackers, but t'en again, t'ere always is," he said to Christina, chuckling a bit. There was always slackers in the group. He knew that because even though he had done well where it counts, he himself was a slacker too. He just picked up on things quickly. So he never really studied outside of class or anything like most students did.

He took a look at the Sorting Ceremony, glad that it was winding down and the food would be here soon. He hadn't eaten in awhile and just couldn't wait to have the variety just placed in front of him. He wouldn't eat like a slob though...or at least...try not to.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2014 2:28 am
User Image

"Chrissy"
Christina Anna Dechering
Metamorphagus

Wand: Rigid, with a spiraled shaft, 11 3/8 inches, Mahogany, Pegasus Wing Feather

Chrissy glanced back to Bréanainn when he answered about her comment about bludgers and she laughed. "Good thing I'm teach healing and not you. A bludger to the face is way less concerning than say the side of the head or the back of the head. Sure, you could look at maybe a broken nose or jaw but that's not nearly as worrisome as say a concussion. Or maybe that is just my theory. And if you knew where the bludgers always were I'm fairly sure you suck at dodging because if I knew where every bludger was that moved to hit me I wouldn't let them hit me. Actually I think I took a bludger once just so I could catch the snitch when I was at Salem but it was worth it for the game. Won me major popularity points with the Chameleon Dorms."

She smiled and shrugged with a laugh as she listened to him question her about being a different person and talking about his own teaching approach and the occasional slacker. "All Os on the Healing OWLs and NEWTs last year if I remember correctly, though, in many ways I was piggybacking off the work of another professor for those," She said with a smile. "But I don't have any slackers either. As for lectures, I avoid them when I can, but Healing is one of those multidisciplinary branches of magic-charms, transfiguration, defense against the dark arts, potions, and of course a lot of memorization. Healing isn't a straight forward thing after all and it is a multistage process most of the time."

Pausing she returned her attention to the last of the sorting and said with a smile, "I'm fairly sure that is one of the things I like about the healing field though. Having to stick with something so long and solve the problem is fun. It's more rewarding than something you could do with one spell or potion." Tapping her finger on the table she fell silent as she watched and for entertainment tried to figure out where she would have been placed if she had gone to Hogwarts. Then her sample size of what kind of students went to which house was fairly limited. She had a lot more Hufflepuffs in all her classes the year before than any other house, but then again they had the whole 'compassionate' reputation.

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:50 am

$Bréanainn Cian Conri$
Charm's Professor||Former Gryffindor||Former Quidditch Player

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

He laughed a bit when he heard her say something about his lack of knowledge in the human body. It was true, he knew absolutely nothing about the human body or anything for that matter. Like he had said, he didn't suffer very many injuries because he very rarely took a bludger to any part of him. "Very true Christina. I truly do not know anyt'in about t'e injuries because like I said before, didn't take too many bludgers at all. I did get hit a few times when some of beaters would try to get me when I went to block a shot, but much like you when you caught t'e snitch...I usually was successful as well. I mean, I really didn't get a chance to necessarily win a game like you did, but t'e two situations were pretty similar," he finished, taking a sip of water that he had in front of him. He really was enjoying the conversation at the time with Dechering, much like at the Mungo's fundraiser.

He did let her finish what she was saying, but all he did was smile and laugh a bit. He stayed rather quiet, not really knowing what else to say. The woman did get the professor of the year award, or whatever it was called. She was recognized for hardwork or something, he didn't remember, but it was definitely an award of significance...especially for a first year professor. He did speak after what she had said last however. "I suppose t'at is t'e fun in it. I however, have always been extremely...talented wit' spellwork. Dueling has always been second nature to me especially. So I always stuck with that. It is why I teach basic spellwork like Charms," he said to her truthfully, shrugging his shoulders. He really never thought about it, but it was true. He enjoyed spellwork...and dealing with things directly. He had always done so well at it that it sort of stuck.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2014 2:13 am
User Image

"Chrissy"
Christina Anna Dechering
Metamorphagus

"I was fourteen or fifteen playing a game with only other teens," She answered. "Completely different than say professional quidditch. It was just a game. And, as a seeker I wasn't all that great, all I could do is fly decently and I could take the occasional hit well. Seekers generally are beaters' favorite target. And, healing broken bones or bruises isn't all that hard if you bothered to learn. It is fairly simple. I go over that sort of thing with my sixth years."

"Wouldn't say defense against the dark arts be more useful for dueling?" She asked with a raised brow. "Then again, I wouldn't know. And I get bored with simpler foundation type spells. But the core spell-work such as charms or transfiguration or even something like potions is important for the branch of healing magic. I actually like to ask my Healing I students what core class they are most confident in to get an idea of where there strengths in my class would lie."

"Speaking of which, I did have a few of my third years last year say charms so that is good news for you right?" She added chuckling as her eyes took a distinct greenish hue of blue-her eyes seeming to settle on the color as she continued, "Because that is way better of a question to be asking as a professor than what students could be labeled as 'trouble students'. And they aren't trouble students if they are doing their course work. An occasional disagreement or acting up is easy to fix. Like I said Miss Snow chose to have detention with me last year and besides her occasional snide remark she wasn't any problem at all for me. And I've heard far worse remarks in my life." She shrugged with a smile and tapped the table as she watched as the sorting began to wrap up and a couple Ravenclaws and a Gryffindor was declared.

The talk was amusing to say the least. Bréanainn Conri would try to brag about his accomplishments as a former quidditch player or his success at certain skills and she would brush it off pointing out a flaw in various statements and then watched him agree with her. She was egotistical enough she liked people agreeing with her and it amused her that Bréanainn seemed fairly determined not to do anything but confirm what she would state or brush off his lack of knowledge. Besides it wasn't like he shouldn't have experience with dealing with women considering his former career-so she figured there was no harm in trying to keep him on his toes. There was always the type of woman instantly attracted to quidditch players-and she always felt quidditch was bigger of a deal in Europe than the States. And that was true for the fairly bad looking quidditch players-if you were on a professional team and even average looking you could be positive you could have a different date lined up every night for a month. Not that she couldn't be successful in getting a date or two if the whim caught her-but then again 'healer' sounded fairly impressive and being a metamorphagus meant you could almost always be anyone's type if you were smart enough. Or at least their type looks wise which was good enough for most non-serious relationships, which is what she stuck with because it was less stressful and kept her free to do whatever she wanted whenever she wanted all the easier.

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:38 pm
User Image
                                                You don't have to say you love me
                                                Just be close at hand
                                                You don't have to stay forever
                                                I will understand
                                                Believe me, believe me
                                                I can't help but love you

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════
                                                Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ || Hᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ
                                                ════════════════════════

Timothy had been putting the stool away when he heard the news. Apparently Inari had decided to take a leave of absence, and he was now the headmaster. He paused, then walked back toward the Great Hall, prepared to give his first welcoming speech. Okay, so he wasn't in front of the Wizengamot, and he was instead in front of a whole hall full of students. Shouldn't be too difficult. He strode down the hall back to the Staff table and stood before the podium, turning to face the hall itself.

"Welcome back to another year of school for all students! I am Timothy Steele. For those of you who are new, I again welcome you to Hogwarts. I hope that you all happen to enjoy the school year, and you enjoy your time at the school as much as possible. There are a few announcements that need to be made. First of all, Headmistress Evernight has decided to take a leave of absence, and I have been appointed as headmaster in her place. Which means that Pandora Thorne, the head of Hufflepuff house, has now been promoted to deputy headmistress. Professor Amata Harlowe has been promoted to be the head of Gryffindor house, and I wish them both all the luck in the world in their positions." He looked around the hall and continued.

"Now, onto school rules. There will be no magic in the halls of the school. The forest is off limits unless you want to be missing limbs or have a death wish. Pay attention in class and you should do well. Now, I hope for everyone to enjoy dinner, and relax. Classes will begin soon." Timothy smiled and clapped, food suddenly appearing on the tables at the sound. He himself took a seat at the table, already thinking that this would be an interesting year for him and the students.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Interesting promotion...
                                                OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:37 pm
User Image
                                                You don't have to say you love me
                                                Just be close at hand
                                                You don't have to stay forever
                                                I will understand
                                                Believe me, believe me
                                                I can't help but love you

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════
                                                Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ || Hᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ
                                                ════════════════════════

Timothy stepped up to the podium after entering the Great Hall, knowing that the end of the year had come and actually sad to see the seventh years go. He'd seen all of them enter the school and grow during his tenure as a professor, and now they were leaving the school ready for the real world. Hopefully the real world would welcome the new graduates with open arms. He gave the hall a look and smiled, glad the year was over.

"Another year has come and gone, and we have all hopefully grown wiser for it. Of course along with the End of Term feast, we also have the duty of knowing the House Cup winner and the Quidditch Cup winners. The Quidditch Cup goes again to Gryffindor, and congratulations to the rest of the teams for their performances. In the House Cup race, fourth place goes to Hufflepuff with 210 points. Third place goes to Slytherin with a total of 350 points. Second place goes to Gryffindor with an impressive 475 points. And last but not least, Ravenclaw claims this year's House Cup with an astonishing 480 points. Congratulations go to Ravenclaw, and of course good luck next year for the rest of the houses." He clapped politely for the winners and waited for the hall to settle down before of course bringing the speech to an end. "As I am sure we are all ready for the summer to begin, let's enjoy the feast before we send you off in the morning for home." Timothy smiled and clapped, food suddenly appearing on the tables at the sound. He himself took a seat at the table, ready for a break himself.

════════════════════════

Thinking: End of the year, and time for a break.
                                                OOC:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:37 am
User Image
                                                      ɚSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                      No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Oᴡɴᴇʀ, Dᴏɢᴡᴇᴇᴅ & Dᴇᴀᴛʜᴄᴀᴘs || Hᴇʀʙᴏʟᴏɢʏ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Jason entered the Great Hall, making a beeline for the staff table and taking a seat at the furthest edge. He'd just been hired on to the staff over the summer, and well, while yes it meant that he would have to deal with the students, it also meant that he wouldn't have to deal with dead plants from careless hands. If nothing else, he would actually teach the kids how to properly care for plants. At least he didn't hex the students that came into his shop immediately after finding out how they cared for their plants.

The werewolf's eyes scanned the tables, knowing they would soon be filled with students and he would be studiously ignoring them. Unless the fool headmaster decided to make it a point to introduce him to the students. He'd actually prefer if the man didn't. He'd make his own introductions, thank you. Much as he had signed on to teach, he didn't sign on to be gawked at by the school. At least his inner wolf was quiet. The full moon wasn't for a few weeks yet. He sat back and waited, knowing it wouldn't be long before other professors joined the table and he would have to deal with them.

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: If I have to deal with someone annoying, I will rip their faces off...
                                                      OOC: Open for interaction, maybe? XD

ɚHelp me believe it's not the real mexxx
                                                      Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:56 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Single
                                                          Looking Distracted at the Staff Table with Jason
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Confused
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ Am I early, or late...? ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

But what is this, that I cant see? ✥ ✥ ✥xxx
                                                          With ice cold hands taking hold of me. ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxx
                                                          When God is gone, and the devil takes hold, ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Who'll have mercy on your soul? ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceDrusilla's mouth set into a frown when she entered the Great Hall to find it empty. She glanced down at her wrist, intending to check her watch, when she realized that she'd forgotten to wear the thing (again), and so had no idea what time ti was. She looked around the Hall, expression thoughtful. Had she missed the feast, then? She'd always been so good... it wasn't a mess, which would lend to the idea that she was in fact early, but then, the school's House-Elves might've simply cleaned up already. Then her gaze fell to the Staff Table, and she realized there was a lone figure seated at the end of it. Hm, early then, right? It would hardly make sense for the man to be here still if everything were over. Comforted by that thought, she approached the table, and the man, with a small smile, expression actually properly focused, for once. She lowered herself to the chair delicately. He had a rather anti-social air about him. The Seer tilted her head. She'd seen him before... but where? When? And had she seen him, or Seen him? She still couldn't quite tell. Her gaze grew a bit distant. "Hm, evening, ducky. I'm Drusilla," she murmured, her voice soft. The brunette's eyes trailed to out to the student's tables. She'd introduced herself for once, that was good. But she could hardly be said to be paying attention. Perhaps half her focus was on the new member of the staff, the other half... well, she wasn't even quite sure, if she were perfectly honest.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx✥ ✥ ✥ No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold;
                                                          xxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ Nothing satisfies me but your soul.
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ Well, I am Death, none can excel.
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ I'll open the door to Heaven or Hell.

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 8:45 pm

$Bréanainn Cian Conri$
Charm's Professor(4-7)||Former Gryffindor||Former Quidditch Player

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

The man walked into the Great Hall, ready for all the festivities to start, but firstly, he actually wanted to look for Christina, who was bound to be here sometime. He wondered if she was actually up at the Staff Table, but she wasn't there yet, which to a point almost saddened him. He took a seat, a look of pure boredom on his face. He had spent most of his time before this preparing his classroom for the upcoming year, and of course he did that alone. He needed some social time away from his classroom and this was obviously the place to get just that.

He took a seat towards the left end of the table, obviously not sitting in the Headmaster's or Deputy Headmaster's seat. He didn't want to get scolded and sitting in one of their seats was a good way of getting scolded, nor did he sit in the any of the Heads of Houses seats, which was yet another way to achieve that. So, that left him to pick from closer to the ends, which he decisively had done. There weren't very many professors in the Great Hall yet, and the other two had been at the complete opposite end; so he had to wait for conversation.

So that's what he did. He sat there, his arm propped against the surface of the table and his chin pressed against the palm of his hand. He looked bored to say the least. He did look forward to the rest of the year though. He couldn't wait to meet his new fourth year students. He had heard a few of them were actually pretty good at magic and those were the kids he really looked forward to teaching. It really made teaching so much easier when the kids could pick up on the material quickly.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 9:37 pm
User Image

"Chrissy"
Christina Anna Dechering
Metamorphagus

Emotional State: Content/a bit tired/Happy
Looking: Brunette and Professionaly Dressed

Currently it is Academic Year of 2027-2028xxx

Christina Anna Dechering had come to the definite conclusion over the summer: she was getting old and boring. It was probably far from true-24 was far from worrying about gray hairs-and if she had them she could hide them easily enough. Hell she might have them and not realize it considering she changed her hair color and style so often. Though, her newly arrived Canadian cousin (Québécoise-basically French Canadian-as Vi Fleury pointed out again and again) was the one who's hair color changes were the most noticable. She had gone with a lot of blue only a week ago to settle back to the pink and black she had showed up on Chrissy's and Sophie's doorstep with. Though, at least one full moon had passed and that went without any problems. And, Vi had settled into the job with the Spirit Division and apparently even dealing with poltergeists all the time just served to keep her only partially distracted. Chrissy was sure if Vi didn't deal with obnoxious pranks all the time (or in Vi's opinion-totally awesome and hilarious) she may have been up to more antics. Well, at least Vi being around got Sophie out more-if not to drink too much and make sure Vi didn't get into too much trouble (since it was her duty as an older female family member). Also, Chrissy suspected, Sophie didn't mind getting a free drink or two. Because if there were two guys together and they spotted two females together at a bar or club-they would draw straws or whatever on whomever got the hot one and who got the quieter friend or whatever. Or that was how Christina assumed it was done. And, it wasn't like Sophie was ugly-she just wasn't going to dress in ridiculously loud clothes or dye her hair bright colors (though that ginger of hers was bright enough) or wear a bunch of make-up. And, apparently, Sophie decided that it was long overdo to settle into a church again-which Christina occasionally joined her sister at-it was some muggle church but it was nice to hear the same preaching and songs she grew up with-well mostly. Even if Chrissy debated on how religious she or her sister was considering they picked and chose which things were worth following.

She had arrived a little later than usual to see a fairly gruff and annoyed looking man that Chrissy realized was the owner of Dogweed and Deathcaps where her sister went occasionally to buy plants for their garden and small greenhouse for potion making. Sophie never said much about the man but always said it was 'annoying' to go and basically gave the place as wide of a breadth as possible. Then again, Sophie always said she'd go instead of Chrissy, but then again Sophie did a lot of odd things. Chrissy gave up keeping track of them at this point. She then looked to the other end and noticed her current item of entertainment-the Charms professor. Bréanainn Cian Conri. Former Quidditch Player (yeah, Vi would love that about the guy-actually it might be fun to introduce the two considering Vi basically turned a break-up with a cheating long term boyfriend on the Canadian Quidditch team into a huge tabloid interview affair and came out profiting). And a man with an ego, probably bigger than Christina's-which was exactly what she thought a date should be. Egotistical people were way less clingy-or usually were-which meant way less stress.

She sat down beside Professor Conri and brushed some of her (currently) light brown hair over her shoulder showing the tattoo hidden mostly by her white jacket of a peace sign. Smirking she said, "Please tell me you had a more exciting Summer than mine. Well, I guess I found what can get my sister out of the house more-a crazy French Canadian cousin who screwed over one of the Cannadian quidditch team members pretty bad-but yeah mostly boring. Hell, I'm impressed with the cousin though, I want to take notes. You should meet her. She'd hate you instantly. It'd be great."

Christina laughed and raised a brow of challenge at Professor Conri. She had decided long ago, at least antagonizing a guy you went out with a couple times didn't make her entirely boring. And, she could always point out that unlike Professor Conri, she didn't have nearly the trouble with students like he did. She liked to credit it with the fact she was channeling her inner Scarlet O'Hara-one of the biggest firecracker Southern Belles literature could provide.

RedEagleEye007

((OoC: Long post because its my weekend? That'll be my excuse on it. 3nodding ))

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:01 pm

$Bréanainn Cian Conri$
Charm's Professor(4-7)||Former Gryffindor||Former Quidditch Player

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Bréanainn sat there, almost dozing off as he awaited all the students to come in. He was a little sleepy to say the least, but that was because of how much sleep he had the previous night. He hadn't been sleeping well as of late anyway, maybe because he was itching to get his new home. For whatever reason his brother was not letting him leave and it was starting to become rather...stressful, because yes, he loved his brother, but Bréanainn was starting to get annoyed that he literally payed for everything. He felt like he was the only reason that his brother wasn't homeless, but that was completely false. He knew his brother had money. He had to have money, because he always doing work in his study and had thousands of files laying in a filing cabinet. There was no way they weren't for a job. They had to be. Bréanainn even had got into the man's room to look at one of the files and there was plenty of interesting things laying within them. He had no idea, but they seemed like dosiers of people...which had no connection to the next. He had no idea what the man did, but he figured he had to be making some kind of money and it was truly starting to upset him that he wasn't holding up his end.

He sat there, pondering all of this, that is, until a familiar voice broke the silence around him. And he was glad it did, because it made some of the stress practically vanish within an instant. She had asked about his summer, which was unfortunate, because his summer was actually terrible...well...not terrible...but uneventful, which in this case, for him, was extremely terrible. "He** no. Uneventful is t'e only way to describe it really," he said to her, listening to her as she finished what she had to say. "Yeah, I'm pretty sure she would hate me...a lot," he said to her, smiling at her. "Alt'ough maybe not because I was actually good at Quidditch." He flashed an extremely bright smile at her at the thought. He truly had a lot of bragging rights when it came to Quidditch, especially against the Canadians and other North American teams. They were truly terrible compared to the Euro-teams. It was almost like how football was, but the margin may have been even wider.

He kept his smile on his face as he looked at her, noticing a tatoo on her shoulder. "Whoa...I didn't know you had a tatoo, he commented, looking at her shoulder. He couldn't believe he was just noticing this. Had it been there the whole time? He had no idea if it was or not, but it really wasn't that big of a deal.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

(OOC: It's fine lol. I love reading long posts)
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:41 pm
User Image

"Chrissy"
Christina Anna Dechering
Metamorphagus

Emotional State: Content/a bit tired/Happy
Looking: Brunette and Professionaly Dressed

Currently it is Academic Year of 2027-2028xxx

"Hmm... I suppose," Christina said to his adamant answer about his summer and she said with a smile, "Then again, if you are thankful for uneventful summers either you have had some really bad summers or you are getting old. Or both." She raised a brow as Bréanainn said her cousin would probably hate him a lot though probably not because he was good at quidditch.

"Oh I don't know. You could be a saint and not egotistical and a bit of a manwhore back in your quidditch days at least and she'd still probably hate you because you played quidditch. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned?" Christina said with a laugh. "I mean I can't blame her but breaking up with a guy because he's a cheating scumbag by tabloid-divulging every detail about your relationship in two separate interviews one in French and the other English-is impressive. Apparently she made enough from that to go cross the U.S. to track down my mom and then head over here and track down my sister and myself and then decide to stay. In a weird way it is sort of an honor to call her a member of my family."

She shrugged and then when he commented on the tattoo she pushed up her jacket sleeve to look at the tattoo on her arm-the peace sign and then remembered she had one on her shoulder blade and blended that one faded into her regular skin tone. "I've had the one on my wrist since I was 17. And a few others, after that," She said raising a brow. "Ah, and what is the phrase the 'porch light is on but no one is home'. Yes, that's what people say back home about guys like you."

"I can change my skintone just as easily as my hair color, you know," She said raising a brow. "I mean I actually got my tattoos done traditionally so the ink is still there but it isn't that hard to cover them up. I half the time to do it without thinking much about it if say I'm faking more of a tan or something. But, still, you really need to pay attention more. No wonder your students walk all over you."

She smirked, "I suppose I could also create 'tattoos' if I bothered with enough practice and was naturally artistic enough to do something but that seems like a lot of work." She put her palm in front of him, focused for a moment and then a small blue X formed before returning to her normal skin tone, "See? Simple enough... in theory. Why?"

RedEagleEye007

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games