Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply TokyoPop Manga Guild
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 90 91 92 93 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:30 pm
Masquanade
Neko-Yousei
Una? What are we making faces at? sweatdrop whee

oh god neko
I LOVE YOUR SIG

Tee heeee~ I made it meself. MUWAHAHAHAAAA!!! xd

Thank you, btw. ^^

It's sad about Naruto...very sad. Prepare for 3 ep. DVDs....*sob* And it's to be on CN by "the third quarter", I'm guessing that means somewhere around...fall? crying
Naruto dubbed is gonna be SO weird - datte bayo~. gonk  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 9:21 pm
Toonami got Naruto so it won't be as bad as you think. Trust me I've heard everything. Toonami is aimed at older kids so tehy should keep most of the cuss words and this like that. I for one am looking forward to it. I've been wanting ot see it. BTw I'm going to get Lagoon Engine as soon as I can. It's going ot be so cool!!  

anime_fan_9002

Masquanade
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 5:06 am
anime_fan_9002
Toonami got Naruto so it won't be as bad as you think. Trust me I've heard everything. Toonami is aimed at older kids so tehy should keep most of the cuss words and this like that. I for one am looking forward to it. I've been wanting ot see it. BTw I'm going to get Lagoon Engine as soon as I can. It's going ot be so cool!!

She's talking about the people who hold the American liscens to distribute it. Such as the people who bring it out to DVD and SELL IT to Cartoon Network so they can air it. It's simply airing on the CN program Toonami, which is the better of the CN programs for anime. But how they'll approach is beyond me. Due to American laws they are going to have to censor it some. It's not as bad as it used to be specially with a later time slot, but still American and Japanese standards of stuff that airs on a CHILDRENS television station are two different thngs. So really no matter what- there has to be some tampering with it . . . it's impossible to avoid.

And 3 episode DVDs . . . ouch. Sadly I'm not a really big fan of Naruto . . . I've seen like two episodes and only know so few about it. I might watch it when it comes on CN though . . . though I don't really like dubbed anime. sweatdrop

And Anime- Lagoon Engine is already out. If you're talking about the manga. But ifyou're talking about Lagoon Engine EINSTAT (the manga series that runs in Newtype USA) now those are TWO COMPLETELY different series, that some how magically contect to each other later on. (They're made by the same person though . . . and the creator said there will be a link between the two manga series . . .but it's unknown yet).  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:45 am
I've never seen Naruto before...don't know if I want to. All I know about the series is that it involves ninjas. ninja
That's all. sweatdrop  

Tobias Mule

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:21 am
Mika Relie
I've never seen Naruto before...don't know if I want to. All I know about the series is that it involves ninjas. ninja
That's all. sweatdrop

They're not stereotypical ninjas though. Not by a long shot. It really is a wonderful series. *squishes Naruto plush* 4laugh  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 8:32 am
Masquanade
anime_fan_9002

She's talking about the people who hold the American liscens to distribute it. Such as the people who bring it out to DVD and SELL IT to Cartoon Network so they can air it. It's simply airing on the CN program Toonami, which is the better of the CN programs for anime. But how they'll approach is beyond me. Due to American laws they are going to have to censor it some. It's not as bad as it used to be specially with a later time slot, but still American and Japanese standards of stuff that airs on a CHILDRENS television station are two different thngs. So really no matter what- there has to be some tampering with it . . . it's impossible to avoid.

And 3 episode DVDs . . . ouch. Sadly I'm not a really big fan of Naruto . . . I've seen like two episodes and only know so few about it. I might watch it when it comes on CN though . . . though I don't really like dubbed anime. sweatdrop

*high fives Masq*
Thankye. ^-^
Oh, s**t...I just thought of something...I bet there's gonna be DragonBall Z voices in there...and I bet Hitomi's dub voice from Escaflowne will be Sakura's voice. gonk

Ugh. What I'm really worried about, not only the shitty dub that's going to be produced, but the translations of all the Jutsu's. ViZ already ******** up the manga by calling Ino's attack something like "Valentine Heart blah blah blah"... domokun
What about Sexy no justsu? They'll probably ruin that. And pervy Kakashi and Jiraiya! Kakshi's books will say something else I bet. Argh argh ARRRGH!!!

Also...just cause you wanna see something and you're happy it's coming to TV. You shouldn't be!!! It will be edited, no matter what. No questions asked with a shitty voice cast. stare  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

Masquanade
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 7:08 pm
Gaia is being really hateful do the ball
I was elsewhere where someone else though Toonami had liscened anime
i don't see how people make that mistake
I guess I can see that . . .
I had to correct them sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 4:29 pm
Masquanade
Gaia is being really hateful do the ball
I was elsewhere where someone else though Toonami had liscened anime
i don't see how people make that mistake
I guess I can see that . . .
I had to correct them sweatdrop

Stupid people... blaugh

I actually had an enjoyable time for the most part, for the ball. Normally, with those types of events, I just lurk around, replying to things every so often in hope of getting an item. But last night, after I got back from seeing "Constantine" wink , I got on and lurked for a bit and then started my own "Anime Chat" thread in the Eastern space. There were good people there for the most part. ^^

Unfortunately, I only got the hat and one of the pins, so I gotta buy the other 2 items (balloon and other pin). I wish Gaia would get it together so i can change outfits. I'm tired of being a ninja. razz  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

Masquanade
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:02 pm
which half of the pin were you missing?
and i actually know someone who has bunbles of balloons
i might get him to donate one to you
(as we're like really close friends . . . almost best friends)  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 7:58 pm
Masquanade

I'm not sure which half! gonk
I can't get to my inventory!!! gonk

But that would be ever so kind for a balloon donation. 3nodding sweatdrop

Argh...I'm tired...yet excited!!! Tomorrow from 1-5pm, my parents are throwing a graduation party for moi. They're keeping everything so secretive, almost like a birthday party. whee
Several people can't make it tomorrow and it makes me sad because they're CLOSE friends. My Onii-chan (adopted wink ), my best friend nextdoor, my Onee-sama (adopted, she's at KatsuCon), and my two good friends Katie and Tori.

Holy crap I feel ligh headed...*on her period* xp  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

Masquanade
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 8:27 pm
Neko-Yousei
Masquanade

Argh...I'm tired...yet excited!!! Tomorrow from 1-5pm, my parents are throwing a graduation party for moi. They're keeping everything so secretive, almost like a birthday party. whee
Several people can't make it tomorrow and it makes me sad because they're CLOSE friends. My Onii-chan (adopted wink ), my best friend nextdoor, my Onee-sama (adopted, she's at KatsuCon), and my two good friends Katie and Tori.

my friend should be sending you a balloon
the little freak of nature got 8 balloons.
well the inventories are working now
so . . . whee? xd  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 5:49 am
morning everyone sorry have been really busy with meh shops on here^^"  

PsychoAce56
Captain

6,450 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:26 am
Masquanade
Neko-Yousei
Masquanade

my friend should be sending you a balloon
the little freak of nature got 8 balloons.
well the inventories are working now
so . . . whee? xd

Yay! Thank yeww~ He indeed sent me a trade for a balloon. ^^ It also turned out that I have both pins. YAY! It's cool when you put both on because it makes a "V". Ooooooh~ o_o  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 7:57 pm
graduation party = huge success

^____^

*now for some well deserved sleep*  

CherrySodaShoujo
Crew

Masquanade
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 4:59 am
Got some new manga:
Ceres 10
Vampire Game 10
GetBackers 7

I would have so totally gotten DNAngel but I didn't see the new volume till after I had checked out. (I know I could have just returned one? Nah. I like all the series. whee heart )  
TokyoPop Manga Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 90 91 92 93 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games