Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Outer Rim
OGG Publisher's Office: Now handling requests and complaints Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does this belong in the Outer Rim?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:13 pm
Short of the "standard" anzat male, not really.

Those have even less detail. unless you want a pic of Darrik Janiko's face...

Compared to some of the pics already there, I wouldn't worry too much.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:16 pm
Well whatever works I suppose.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:19 pm
speaking of pics, the last one uploaded on GATs photobucket was Maul...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 12:21 pm
Huh...wonder what that was about.
I was thinking an article to explain the Force power: Force Burst which was used by Lorell in my most recent post.
But who was going to do an entry on Maul? CW?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:35 pm
I did, remember? Back after I did my 8 part series on lightsaber styles?  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:10 pm
Oh yes. I remember now.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 9:12 pm
That's how many pics need uploading...  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 9:47 pm
One o' these days, I should find a pic for Rusty, and do a long overdue OGG for him. ^^;;  

AFK Masturbating

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:03 pm
You should.
He's everywhere the action's at.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 11:52 am
Cale Darksun
Go for it.
Thats one topic that hasnt been covered at all in the OGG: Clothing.
Usually its planets and aliens and ships and guns, but this suggestion is a welcome change.
Just make sure you post it here before throwing it in the OGG so I can check it over once.

Alright, I'll go through and take all those stupid paranthetical MLA citaions to clean it up a bit. I'll try to get it here by the end of the week. And your last post sounds like a visa commercial.  

Padme18

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:27 pm
Entry: 666-998-675
Subject: Lightwhip
Capsule:

The common image of Jedi and Sith included robes, sage advice, and a glowing saber of variable colors, the symbol of their orders for countless millenia. A little known device was also used by other Force-Adepts, called the Lightwhip.

Lightwhips, also known as energy whips or laser whips, were rare, extremely difficult to use variants of the lightsaber. It was basically a vibrocord whip with a handle and button that could light up just like your traditional saber. The cord was usually made of lightsaber-resistant material which the laser conducted around. These weapons were, however, very intricate and inefficient compared to lightsabers.

Notable users of this included Kit Fitso, the Dark Lady Lumiya, Ona Nobis, Githany, Maleval, and Silri. The one used by Lumiya, the most skilled lightwhip-user, was made with Mandalorian iron and a shard of the powerful Kaiburr crystal. This made it extremely powerful, and unable to defend against with one lightsaber. Luke Skylwaker was forced to use a Shoto in the brief battle he had with the Dark Lady of the Sith.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:30 pm
ElladanKenet
Entry: 666-998-675
Subject: Lightwhip
Capsule:

The common image of Jedi and Sith included robes, sage advice, and a glowing saber of variable colors, the symbol of their orders for countless millenia. A little known device was also used by other Force-Adepts, called the Lightwhip.

Lightwhips, also known as energy whips or laser whips, were rare, extremely difficult to use variants of the lightsaber. It was basically a vibrocord whip with a handle and button that could light up just like your traditional saber. The cord was usually made of lightsaber-resistant material which the laser conducted around. These weapons weree, however, very intricate and inefficient compared to lightsabers.

Notable users of this included Kit Fitso, the Dark Lady Lumiya, Ona Nobis, Githany, Maleval, and Silri. The one used by Lumiya, the most skilled lightwhip-user, was made with Mandalorian iron and a shard of the powerful Kaiburr crystal. This made it extremely powerful, and unable to defend against with one lightsaber. Luke Skylwaker was forced to use a Shoto in the brief battle he had with the Dark Lady of the Sith.

Ok. Looks good to go.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:41 pm
At least we're getting some cannon entries now.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:47 pm
Entry: 777-998-521
Subject: Shoto
Capsule:

Another misconception about Jedi was that they all used one weapon. While this may be true in most cases, many Jedi and Sith used secondary weapons to fit their fighting style. Jar'Kai, the official Two-Saber style, was created for this reason, and the secondary weapon of choice in most cases is a Shoto.

And in a nutshell, a Shoto is basically a mini-lightsaber, also called Lightdagger. The handle and blade are each about half the size of the traditional weapons. they are, however, no less potent in the right hands. Master Yoda himself used one as his primary weapon, although this was as his actual saber, and not a complimenting weapon.

A shoto is also an archaic, wooden sword. Most of these were used in training and fencing, in place of the more common and dangerous sabers, although some of these were known to be quite potent, such as the ones used by obscure jedi Link Darksun.

So, the next time you come across a Jedi or Sith vagabond, and he happens to be carrying one of these, do yourself a favor and don't laugh. You might not have a head afterwords.

ElladanKenet
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 3:48 pm
You'd also have to include that Shoto is also the name for a wooden shortsword used in fencing practices.  
The Outer Rim

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games