Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
The Imperial War Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 88 89 90 91 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:59 pm
Now that I'm looking over the armor, I just want to know how the frink you got enough credits for that suit of armor. Honestly that thing had to have cost more than most ships.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:24 pm
No pay! Family built it XP  

PaulTheWolf5575

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:06 pm
Fine. How did the family manage to scrounge up enough credits for raw materials?

I care less about that as to the fact its a walking explosion waiting to happen. The belt alone could blow Archeras sky high if a stray blasterbolt hit anything on it (not to mention, as large as the utility belt must be, it's probably not a small target).

That's what I find most amusing. The armor, while geared towards lightsaber users, is its own worst enemy.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:11 pm
The Echani have a shitload o' cash to put it simply, and often times simply procure their own materials as opposed to purchasing them...  

PaulTheWolf5575

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:43 pm
PaulTheWolf5575
The Echani have a shitload o' cash to put it simply, and often times simply procure their own materials as opposed to purchasing them...

Right...

The echani are now the jewish race... They own not only one, but two rare minerals because it grows so naturally, and the only reason why their cult did not become the richest and most popular race in the galaxy is because they pride their "isolation".

Try again. Echani would be as well known as Boba Fett if that were the case.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:44 pm
I'm sorry if that came off hard.

I'm just really not buying that much bullshit today, and my library is useless for research material, so that makes me angsty.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:48 pm
dun worry 'bout it Nelo, they don't own the Minerals, but sometimes when they are found they mine them etc. They don't own them by any means...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 4:56 pm
You don't live on Duros.

Cortosis is a very expensive mineral to mine, in any case, because its energized. On top of that, you'd have to refine it, because cortosis ore is useless. Bal'demnic and Duros are the only large deposits in the galaxy, and I doubt the echani, for all their mining operations, are large enough to own a foundry powerful enough for the stuff.

Meaning that it would have to be bought off the market (at an outrageous price, for that manner).

As for phrik, the only place notable where its mined is Gromas 16. But the material is not lightsaber resistant until tyderium is mixed into an alloy.

So in essence, you have to be able to mine not one, not two, but three not-so-common materials in the galaxy, all from the same mine, and on top of it, in sufficient quantity to make your equiptment. If that wasn't enough, you have to have the correct sized foundries that can handle the smelting process, and you don't just build those for scare minerals.

The reason why I don't believe the echani are miners is their build. They prefer fast and light. Everything which miners are not. A culture such as theirs would be more likely to purchase their products for use. At least, looking at them culture-wise and their status, combined with general socio-physiology, that's were i'm getting my assumptions from.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:27 pm
The Echani are Miners in the same way Mandalorians are Pacifists.
You turn off the Servos of your suit and it will slow you down. The Servos are what help move the joints on powered armor.
Now you're doing all the work.
*Sigh* I really hope Kren takes you down a peg.
An Echani loosing to a guy with a chainsaw would be hilarious.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:29 pm
Cale Darksun
You turn off the Servos of your suit and it will slow you down. The Servos are what help move the joints on powered armor.

Cale it's Kren he can take anyone down a peg. Or a leg, or an arm, or a head...  

Johnny Malone
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:31 pm
Johnny Malone
Cale Darksun

All that fancy echani footwork and martial skill pawned by a muscular thug.
Such delicious irony.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:31 pm
Cale Darksun
Johnny Malone
Cale Darksun

All that fancy echani footwork and martial skill pawned by a muscular thug.
Such delicious irony.
It's not too ironic considering Kren has made a habit of taking down quick and nimble bastards for a very long time.  

Johnny Malone
Crew

PaulTheWolf5575

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:33 pm
We shall Darksun, we shall see  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:35 pm
PaulTheWolf5575

We shall see what, exactly?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:36 pm
PaulTheWolf5575

You don't seem to make much distinction between the words "Would be" and "going to end up as", do you?

Good thing speculatory talk is wasted on you, because at the rate you post, you'll get to Kren and Jaden before Gunther or Iria even get turned around.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 88 89 90 91 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games