Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Legion of Helpers
DronzeRants... Shoot me again, I ain't dead yet. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 69 70 71 72 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Count it!
  +1 YES!
View Results

Lady Luck _ Kylie

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:03 pm
Teh Boxman
dronze
Charity is, in and of itself, a selfish act, since you're doing it because it makes you feel better about yourself.

Exactly how I feel. No human being has ever done anything out of the kindness of their heart.

Hrms......perhaps I should quit being so selfish then. rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:08 pm
x Glam Rock Kylie x
Teh Boxman
dronze
Charity is, in and of itself, a selfish act, since you're doing it because it makes you feel better about yourself.

Exactly how I feel. No human being has ever done anything out of the kindness of their heart.

I don´t know the question or get the idea? (can you explain me).
.n_n.  

Zhadgon

Dapper Perfectionist

Lady Luck _ Kylie

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:18 pm
Zhadgon
x Glam Rock Kylie x
Teh Boxman
dronze

.n_n.

Lol. Sure. ^^

Dronze and some of the other members in this thread believe that charities are a selfish thing for the person doing it. Because they want self-pleasure and to feel better about themself for doing a charitable thing...and to them that is selfish.

I was saying that perhaps I should quit being so selfish then.....because I have a charity thread and give out random birthday gifts. And of course, I rolled my eyes to such nonsense that made me waste precious time.

No offense Dronze, I love reading through your rants, but....this by far is the one of the most offensive topic yet....for myself that is.  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:31 pm
x Glam Rock Kylie x
Zhadgon
x Glam Rock Kylie x
Teh Boxman
dronze

.n_n.

Lol. Sure. ^^

Dronze and some of the other members in this thread believe that charities are a selfish thing for the person doing it. Because they want self-pleasure and to feel better about themself for doing a charitable thing...and to them that is selfish.

I was saying that perhaps I should quit being so selfish then.....because I have a charity thread and give out random birthday gifts. And of course, I rolled my eyes to such nonsense that made me waste precious time.

No offense Dronze, I love reading through your rants, but....this by far is the one of the most offensive topic yet....for myself that is.

Oh thanks Kylie, then can you explain me what was doing "Madre Teresa de Calcuta" with the poor and with all the people that need help, she was a nice person one of the best humans she wasn´t care about the things only the other persons that need help still i think she was happy doing that because she saw how the persons that dosen´t have hope in the eyes can get some help and the live still have something of hapiness, she work for that i don´t think is sellfish doing that if you help others and be happy with the people.
.n_n.  

Zhadgon

Dapper Perfectionist

Lady Luck _ Kylie

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:34 pm
Zhadgon
x Glam Rock Kylie x
Zhadgon
x Glam Rock Kylie x
Teh Boxman
dronze

.n_n.

Lol. Sure. ^^

Oh thanks Kylie, then can you explain me what was doing "Madre Teresa de Calcuta" with the poor and with all the people that need help, she was a nice person one of the best humans she wasn´t care about the things only the other persons that need help still i think she was happy doing that because she saw how the persons that dosen´t have hope in the eyes can get some help and the live still have something of hapiness, she work for that i don´t think is sellfish doing that if you help others and be happy with the people.
.n_n.

You make a fine point there my friend. Perhaps Dronze or the other members can explain that to you since they believe it to be true. heart  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:37 pm
So talking about other theme how are you Kylie?
.n_n.  

Zhadgon

Dapper Perfectionist

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:19 pm
Zhadgon

.n_n.

AFAIK, what Mother Teresa did is debatable. Some say she never helped people at all and just let them die.  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:37 pm
Teh Boxman
Zhadgon

.n_n.

AFAIK, what Mother Teresa did is debatable. Some say she never helped people at all and just let them die.

Yeah they gave away the nobel like candy can i have one maybe if i´m go to the store, still some people don´t know what to do except talk garbage about other people because they don´t know what is the life and they don´t do anything and never be there to help, i think you have say something true maybe some persons die in her arms but tell the truth she was there to them and she was because no one was there to help if she have all the medecine and food maybe she will save more people but again she wasn´t have anything only her body and soul to keep helping neither we talk about money who cares about comunities that don´t have nothing they aren´t in my country so what, and all of us think that. I think she was there for the people and most of us need to think like that still we prefer to be selfish and don´t care about the problems of others.
.n_n.  

Zhadgon

Dapper Perfectionist

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:02 pm
Just because an act is self serving doesn't make it a bad thing, why anyone would claim that I'm saying it is is beyond me, I was simply pointing out that charity, by it's nature, is a selfish act, as it is done for the feeling of satisfaction one gets by doing it.

Ask yourself this, if you got no satisfaction out of doing something, would you actively go out of your way to do it?

point made.

anyhow, thanks to Salesman, I've got a new Rant to write.  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:40 pm
Teh Boxman
HalesABlack
many humans have done things out of the kindness of their heart.

Name some.

A mother who gives her child all she has and expecting nothing in return.
A boyfriend/girlfriend whose willing to give the other side as much as time as they need WITHOUT even the slightest hint that they can be together ever again.
A friend whose willing to put themselves into trouble for their friends.

Need I say more?  

HalesABlack

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:40 pm
Quote:
My sister has Down's syndrome,

Now, as most of you know, I have Cerebal palsy. I tend to get a bit touchy about douchebags that don't seem to understand that life is difficult, and for those of us who have something physically wrong with us, it just gets to be a pain in the a**.

It's time for a heaping helping of DronzeRant, served up with a glass of bitter spirits and a side of idiot stomping. Let the ranting commence...

Quote:
ie. is a complete retard,

Allow me to point out that, while developmentally disabled, not everybody with Down's is nessecarily dim, perhaps not the brightest bulb in the box, but if you spend your life sheltered and protected, you'd be a bit niave too. I'm not going to question your claims on your sister's intellect, but what I will question why it is that you seem to harbor so much animosity toward your disabled sister. Chances are pretty good that you're jelous of your sister for getting all the attention, in which case, I'd have to call you a whiny emo f**, no offence to Salesman or any of the gay community, as I fear that would be the only real response this moron could comprehend my meaning through.

Quote:
and earlier on today she fell down the stairs.

My condolences. Anyone can fall down a flight of stairs, and having done so myself more than a few times, well, it's not much fun...

My vote on this: You pushed her, and my readers will soon see why I say this in a little while.

Quote:
Apparently she may never walk again.

This is most unfortunate. Being wheelchair bound for a summer sucked rather hard, I, for one, couldn't imagine the difficulties of being paralyzed for life.

Quote:
Now, I realise that I'm supposed to care and stuff, because I'm her brother,

Honestly, I don't think genetic relation has anything to do with whether you should care or not. I hate my siblings, as in HATE them, wouldn't piss on fire to put any one of them out.

Now, aside from this fact, if you're the primary caretaker, or even one of the de facto caretakers because you, say, aren't employed, which it seems is probably the case, since your free time seems to revolve entirely around her, as opposed to it being taken up by gainful employment... Or a social life... or even a hobby.

Quote:
but I honestly don't give a damn.

While I can understand the sentement, I don't understand why you resent her... Your parents, perhaps, but your sister isn't the one who put the burden on your shoulders, so why the animosity? It's not like she's treated you poorly...

Quote:
In fact, I'm finding the whole thing quite funny.

Exhibit 1 in proving my point above: a sadistic attitude toward the situation.

Someone falls down a flight of stairs: humorous, no doubt... that's human nature. It's why watching a guy getting kicked in the balls over and over is so funny, it's a part of our psyche.

Someone faces a life-altering/threatening injury: not so funny... that's also called human nature. This is why someone turning into street pizza by diving off of an apartment building ISN'T considered funny... it's a harrowing experience. Consider what she's been going through... it's not fun being told there's a chance you'll never walk again. only the overtly sadistic or proud would brag about this s**t.

Now, it's time to pull this thing into true Dronze Rant fashion.... After a bit of thought on this p***k, I came to a realization... I should really cover 2 topics on this one

Quote:
I'm just off the phone to my parents,

Who, despite all your bitching, you still live with... While I'm not going to knock the parent's basement lifestyle, what I will say is this, if you can't stand living there because of your sister so much, then why not just get a job and move out?

Maybe I just need to answer this one for you: Because you're too busy being a troll. That's right, a troll. Too busy trying to drag an emotional response out of people to realize that you, my friend, are a sick, deranged individual, and for those that know me personally, that's really saying something.

Trolling is just another one of those early internet fads that just needs to die... just like 1337 and these ungodly, pointless flame wars.

I understand you have no friends, but, honestly, behavior like this isn't going to make you look "cool", nor will it gain you anything that resembles a fanbase that you would want unless you were some antisocial degenerate moro.... oh, wait a tic.... I almost forgot who I was writing this thing about...

Quote:
who were begging me to come to the hospital

So they could maybe prove to themselves that you're actually a human being worth keeping alive...

Quote:
because my sister desperately wants to see me.

A point that suprises me, though, it really shouldn't... those with Down's tend to be friendly and rather forgiving, though that's not saying that you won't occasionally come across one with a bad attitude, but I'm getting off topic....

Quote:
My mum was actually in tears, the conniving, manipulative b***h.

Gee, I don't think I'd attribute the tears to manipulation unless your parents are just as irresonsible and cruel as you... though your grossly biased viewpoint would make hitler a cuddly little teddybear compared to these people who *gasp* would ask you, with your busy schedule of listening to music and killing time on Gaia while eating their food and not working, to help out with your disabled sister.

I hope you get hit by a stray javelin while walking past someone training for the special olympics... it would be fitting.

Quote:
Well, it won't be happening -

Probably because you made all these people up anyhow, but that's beyond the point.

Quote:
I want to listen to music tonight,

Ahh, the sounds of crappy top 40 emo trash.... nothing like the sounds of these retards whining about their useless existance to remind you of your own...

May you run out of razors and have to use a rusty spoon to cut yourself...

Quote:
and that's what I'm gonna do.

Damn... that's one hell of a way to spend an evening... listening to crappy music and cutting yourself with rusty flatware...

you sure know what the definition of "fun" is... rolleyes

Quote:
(more useless bitching and trolling...)

You know what, you're not even worth the energy it would take to finish this one out, so let me just put up my sign and call this one done...

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!
throw rocks at them instead.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 5:45 pm
dronze
Just because an act is self serving doesn't make it a bad thing, why anyone would claim that I'm saying it is is beyond me, I was simply pointing out that charity, by it's nature, is a selfish act, as it is done for the feeling of satisfaction one gets by doing it.

Ask yourself this, if you got no satisfaction out of doing something, would you actively go out of your way to do it?

point made.

anyhow, thanks to Salesman, I've got a new Rant to write.

My apologies sir, I understand what your point is now. <333

And I didn't know you have Cerebral Palsy. : I'm sorry to hear that.... heart

It makes me angry too...I work with a lot of patients in that population..mentally ill and physically disabled.....so, I understand the frustration you have to a certain point...of course, saying that because I myself am not mentally illy or disabled....so, yeah.  

Lady Luck _ Kylie

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 11:27 pm
x Glam Rock Kylie x

don't be, it's merely a fact and not a call for pity... i wouldn't be the man i am today if i was just like the rest of you "normal" people.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 8:00 am
dronze
Quote:
(more useless bitching and trolling...)

You know what, you're not even worth the energy it would take to finish this one out, so let me just put up my sign and call this one done...

DON'T FEED THE TROLLS!
throw rocks at them instead.

User Image  

Blind Hodd
Crew

Aekea Champion

Lady Luck _ Kylie

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:41 pm
dronze
x Glam Rock Kylie x

don't be, it's merely a fact and not a call for pity... i wouldn't be the man i am today if i was just like the rest of you "normal" people.

I understand. heart  
Legion of Helpers

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 69 70 71 72 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games