Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 611 612 613 614 615 616 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:01 pm
Cale Darksun
If he's disguised as Ambu Ral, then who's attacking your transports?

And whats with the speach?

Could be multitasking.

And the speech is from the intro to a game called Killzone. Pretty well delivered by the villain of the series. Here's a link to a YouTube vid of it.
Can't seem to get it out of my head...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:02 pm
No, I mean why give it?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:04 pm
Oh, and given Mandalore's position compared to the Rimma Trade Route where those attacks were, thats an impossible distance in this time of Galactic history to be coordinating that. especially since Stryder just broke out of Republic Prison.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:12 pm
Cale Darksun
No, I mean why give it?

Just playing the whole "charismatic leader" bit.
Also highlighting the fascist attitudes of the Lyran people and government.

Hitler started off World War II by invading Poland. I invaded Yag'Dhul. I figure, if I'm going to play a villain I might as well base him off of one of the most notorious in history. Though, my guy isn't as evil and isn't prone to killing off random ethnicities because of some desire to build a super-race, or because of an illogical hatred.

Think of him as a cross between the best (as in, most effective) qualities of Hitler and Count Dooku. Both charismatic leaders, both convinced utterly of the righteousness of their cause.

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:13 pm
Cale Darksun
Oh, and given Mandalore's position compared to the Rimma Trade Route where those attacks were, thats an impossible distance in this time of Galactic history to be coordinating that. especially since Stryder just broke out of Republic Prison.

So, if he is your third character, aren't you kinda stacking the odds in your favor by having both him and Stryder working together against me.

I'm just mentioning this because Fury's most recent character idea got shot down for that very reason.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:14 pm
Ok, I see now.
Normally I have my characters give speeches when Speeches are needed. I didnt see a need so I was confused as to the occasion.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Rodyn

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 1:54 pm
Aurin_Starkiller
Cale Darksun
No, I mean why give it?

Just playing the whole "charismatic leader" bit.
Also highlighting the fascist attitudes of the Lyran people and government.

Hitler started off World War II by invading Poland. I invaded Yag'Dhul. I figure, if I'm going to play a villain I might as well base him off of one of the most notorious in history. Though, my guy isn't as evil and isn't prone to killing off random ethnicities because of some desire to build a super-race, or because of an illogical hatred.

Think of him as a cross between the best (as in, most effective) qualities of Hitler and Count Dooku. Both charismatic leaders, both convinced utterly of the righteousness of their cause.

So then that kinda makes me Heinrich Himmler/Assajj Ventress, then.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:10 pm
You'd probably would need to be an assassin before you can be Ventriss.
Besides. Ventriss never was in charge of her own private army.  

Sol Walker
Crew

elvisnake

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:13 pm
Yeah, more like himmler/grievous in that respect.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:32 pm
Good. I despise Ventress, anyway.  

Rodyn

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:37 pm
about the only thing she's good for nowadays is to keep fooling the Jedi into thinking that she's the sith apprentice to Dooku's Sith Master.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:58 pm
I'm back.

@ Cale: Ranged weapons are allowed.

@ Aurin: Fury's character wasn't denied primarily because it "stacked odds". It was because it also lacked real distinguishing roles from her current one. Having two characters that are nigh identical really doesn't do anything to aid anyone. I don't mind shoving a lot of characters on one side, but we do tend to follow the rule that the less characters on a specific side, the stronger they are against stronger factions to prevent unbalancing issues from happening. Aka, 20 sith vs. one padawan, the padawan will be able to tackle nearly an army to help make sure it's just not a**l gankage.

@ Fury, and others: NPCs are usually to be kept limited, but Nakara's involvement storywise just helped to let me borrow other's history. I do not intend on using him as a second character except when it proves beneficial. The general rule is that canon rpcs, like durge, are to be left alone unless there is specific purpose for it. For example, to drag the mandos into the war, and tie Nakara to the puppetmaster of the galaxy, and get Sayla into the action, it was a convienent plot point to use. It is, however, to be understood that Durge's involvement is somewhat temporary. He merely is a tool, not a character, no more than the Mandos at this point are for Cale.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 4:04 pm
Ok then. I figured as much after I reread your post and went ahead with Pash's duel.
Short but a smart person doesnt give a Gunslinger a lot of time.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 5:48 pm
Funny part is that the only equiptment regulated is the weaponry. Technically, if you had a personal ray shield, you could wear that in.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 6:24 pm
Jaden_Ordo
Hey Deak, are you in the same Inn I was in?

I'm really trying to be here to RP, you have to forgive when I forget about it for a few days, you know I'm sorry for making ya hang there.

I'm pretty sure. Mandalore, Keldabe, right? I posted, but I think it was before I noticed your post.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 611 612 613 614 615 616 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games