Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 612 613 614 615 616 617 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 7:13 pm
Nelowulf
Funny part is that the only equiptment regulated is the weaponry. Technically, if you had a personal ray shield, you could wear that in.

Crap. I think Sayla has one of those...I know I have a cloaking belt...  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:34 pm
Nelowulf
@ Aurin: Fury's character wasn't denied primarily because it "stacked odds". It was because it also lacked real distinguishing roles from her current one. Having two characters that are nigh identical really doesn't do anything to aid anyone. I don't mind shoving a lot of characters on one side, but we do tend to follow the rule that the less characters on a specific side, the stronger they are against stronger factions to prevent unbalancing issues from happening. Aka, 20 sith vs. one padawan, the padawan will be able to tackle nearly an army to help make sure it's just not a**l gankage.

Part of the reason I'm trying to flesh out her character more. There's actually a lot of difference between the two, but since I haven't spent too much time outside of battle, I can see how it's difficult to see.

Give me a few more posts, and we'll see where we are.

Darth Fury

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:42 pm
Rodyn
Aurin_Starkiller
Cale Darksun
No, I mean why give it?

Just playing the whole "charismatic leader" bit.
Also highlighting the fascist attitudes of the Lyran people and government.

Hitler started off World War II by invading Poland. I invaded Yag'Dhul. I figure, if I'm going to play a villain I might as well base him off of one of the most notorious in history. Though, my guy isn't as evil and isn't prone to killing off random ethnicities because of some desire to build a super-race, or because of an illogical hatred.

Think of him as a cross between the best (as in, most effective) qualities of Hitler and Count Dooku. Both charismatic leaders, both convinced utterly of the righteousness of their cause.

So then that kinda makes me Heinrich Himmler/Assajj Ventress, then.

I wouldn't dare to be so audacious as to push you to play a certain archetype.
Your character is your own, do with it as you choose.

Besides, my guy wouldn't tolerate a guy like Himmler working for him anyway.
I've read a lot about that guy, he was pretty screwed up in the head even before he met Adolf.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:47 pm
No arguement there.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:50 pm
Nelowulf
@ Aurin: Fury's character wasn't denied primarily because it "stacked odds". It was because it also lacked real distinguishing roles from her current one. Having two characters that are nigh identical really doesn't do anything to aid anyone. I don't mind shoving a lot of characters on one side, but we do tend to follow the rule that the less characters on a specific side, the stronger they are against stronger factions to prevent unbalancing issues from happening. Aka, 20 sith vs. one padawan, the padawan will be able to tackle nearly an army to help make sure it's just not a**l gankage.

Makes sense. I'll let you and Fury work out what to do with that character.
I'll still use her as an NPC here and there, if that's okay with Fury, but I'll keep it to a minimum...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:51 pm
Mandalore Warrior
Jaden_Ordo
Hey Deak, are you in the same Inn I was in?

I'm really trying to be here to RP, you have to forgive when I forget about it for a few days, you know I'm sorry for making ya hang there.

I'm pretty sure. Mandalore, Keldabe, right? I posted, but I think it was before I noticed your post.
Look, you and me, we need to get our asses in gear. I want to storm back into this Rp and not just be two useless assholes who are trying to catch up.

If everyone else can play three characters each and rule the ******** Galaxy, then we can play one each and bring them a fight.  

Jaden_Ordo

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 9:52 pm
Might want to check out this Ambu Ral fellow who's rasing hell in keldabe about some big crusade against the Sith.
He might be able to help you.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:03 pm
That I will. Let me wrap this up with Deak first  

Jaden_Ordo

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:06 am
I keep wondering if shotesu has all but quit on us. If anything, the RP is all he's ever doing, and usually, what I post for Siren is gonna be tied up with his Calliga.

Then, Nemesis is gonna be appointed by the Order to be Saria's guardian when Saria's called on to help recovery efforts, but IIRC, no such request has been made. I've been avoiding posting intentionally just so I won't be doing just idle time stuff with them.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:52 am
ASo what do you want to do about it?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:59 am
I already worked out the idea in case shotesu quits coming around. Calliga will simply take a solo adventure in search of Sith-related stuff, self realization, etc. something like that, leaving Siren behind to do her own plans again.

For Saria and Nemesis, I'm waiting on something along the lines of someone like Stryder or some majo Republic fleet, etc. needing help in recovery because of losses and wounded, etc. so Saria would be sent to help there, bringing Nemesis along, who in turn could help out at times with combat.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:22 am
Not sure theres much Stryder will be able to provide on that account.
He and the TEF are on the downlow, with the TEF officially in port back home and Stryder a wanted criminal.
If you want something to do, you could help out Yag Dhul refugees on whatever planets seem to be nearby. No doubt not everyone wants to be under Sith Rule. In addition, theres bound to be wounded from the battle.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:03 pm
Jaden_Ordo
That I will. Let me wrap this up with Deak first

Ok. Same here, SWG is epic now lol.

Let's ******** s**t up! WOO! Hyper! :O  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:09 pm
Aurin_Starkiller
Rodyn
Aurin_Starkiller
Cale Darksun
No, I mean why give it?

Just playing the whole "charismatic leader" bit.
Also highlighting the fascist attitudes of the Lyran people and government.

Hitler started off World War II by invading Poland. I invaded Yag'Dhul. I figure, if I'm going to play a villain I might as well base him off of one of the most notorious in history. Though, my guy isn't as evil and isn't prone to killing off random ethnicities because of some desire to build a super-race, or because of an illogical hatred.

Think of him as a cross between the best (as in, most effective) qualities of Hitler and Count Dooku. Both charismatic leaders, both convinced utterly of the righteousness of their cause.

So then that kinda makes me Heinrich Himmler/Assajj Ventress, then.

I wouldn't dare to be so audacious as to push you to play a certain archetype.
Your character is your own, do with it as you choose.

Besides, my guy wouldn't tolerate a guy like Himmler working for him anyway.
I've read a lot about that guy, he was pretty screwed up in the head even before he met Adolf.

I was just kinda comparing right-hand roles. I'd never have my character commit genocide. Internment camps? If necessary. Extermination camps? God, no.

In terms of personality, Jakar is a level-headed, albeit vengeful, guy looking to restore order to the galaxy, while also holding a hope to finding his former Jedi Master so that he can satisfy his vengeance. He also aims to lead.  

Rodyn

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:13 pm
Alright!  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 612 613 614 615 616 617 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games