Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -
$The Random Caravan$ Your Spontaneous Spam Space! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 139 140 141 142 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2005 8:54 pm
Stuff with no originality stressed Tonight was fun though. You could really feel it outside that tonight is one of the Lughnasad dates. I walk out side during work to get the cart, and was tempted to run back inside shouting "outside it feels like halloween!" Then I channeled it into some nice writings, which I have yet to type up...  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 8:41 am
>.> Does anyone actually believe the whole "damnation of your soul" part of reading the Necromicon (or whatever it's called) unprotected. If so or if not, what are your general thoughts on this Necromancer book?

To the friend who brought it up in the first place, I'm sorry, but I had to get more Pagan's opinions on it sweatdrop  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Rakei

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 10:45 am
Atma311
>.> Does anyone actually believe the whole "damnation of your soul" part of reading the Necromicon (or whatever it's called) unprotected. If so or if not, what are your general thoughts on this Necromancer book?

To the friend who brought it up in the first place, I'm sorry, but I had to get more Pagan's opinions on it sweatdrop

I've heard it was a fake. That's actually the only thing I've heard, I've had my hands on it and I felt like it gave me nothing really.

I like creating my own theories instead of just looking at something someone else realized, but that's a personal side of my magic, instead of thinking of magic as a whole uncontrolable thing, I go down and work differently, and make my spells more incontact with physics.

Like, I'm constructing a way of healing wounds, better than simple visualization of something else, I know only a little of healing and it's something I just got interested in so I'm not that good yet.

I don't know if I really believe in necromancy as such, I don't think you can actually control the dead.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 12:04 pm
Atma311

I have no clue, as I really do not know much about the book, nor Necromancy. But with most things that "tamper" with major energy sources and such, if one is very sensitive and/or believes that something bad will happen, something usually will. (For those who are sensitive but neutral, they may just feel drained).

Again, as I have no knowledge of it, it's best to take other's replies on the matter.  

Jameta
Captain

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:04 am
As far as I know, the only copies that you can actually gewt your hands on are fake. Especially the one by HP Lovecraft. And I doubt that you can harm your soul simply by reading something.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:23 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
As far as I know, the only copies that you can actually gewt your hands on are fake. Especially the one by HP Lovecraft. And I doubt that you can harm your soul simply by reading something.

As far as I know both HP Lovecrafts and Abdul... something arabian soundings are fakes, and no reading something can't hurt you, reading something aloud might not be a good idea, but simply reading can't hurt.  

Rakei

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 9:37 pm
Rakei
Nihilistic Seraph

As far as I know both HP Lovecrafts and Abdul... something arabian soundings are fakes, and no reading something can't hurt you, reading something aloud might not be a good idea, but simply reading can't hurt.
What about...

Paper cuts. eek  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:51 pm
Jameta
Rakei
Nihilistic Seraph

What about...

Paper cuts. eek

Now you're just inventing problems xd  

Atma311
Crew

4,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Rakei

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 4:40 am
Jameta
Rakei
Nihilistic Seraph

What about...

Paper cuts. eek

Paper cut's only happens when you stupidly brush against paper since it's so fine it's like a knife.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 9:44 am
Rakei
Nihilistic Seraph

Abdul Azhib, the mad Arab? I had to look into it once for a friend, who thought his sister might have been screwing around with it.

Friend - Can you look something up for me? I'm worried

Me - Sure, What?

Friend - My sister has a copy of the Necronomicon. It was open open on the ierd page about the demon snake which poketh s**t.

Me - Okay....

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:30 am
rofl Poketh...  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:21 pm
So, recently my town had an Irish festival--and of course, I didn't eat half the food because the majority of irish cuisine involves lamb and corned beef.

BUT, since it was all around Irish influence, there was a small vendor with some Celtic pagan artifacts: old amulets, candles; small but pretty things I would have liked to put on my alter.

I had no money though gonk eating was more important.

Kabuki Doll

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 3:40 pm
Kabuki Doll
So, recently my town had an Irish festival--and of course, I didn't eat half the food because the majority of irish cuisine involves lamb and corned beef.

BUT, since it was all around Irish influence, there was a small vendor with some Celtic pagan artifacts: old amulets, candles; small but pretty things I would have liked to put on my alter.

I went to a Renassance(sp?) Faire this past Saturday, and I thought there was going to be a lot of Pagan stuff everywhere; surprisingly, it was just Mideval stuff.

It was refreshing. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:23 pm
Jameta
Kabuki Doll
So, recently my town had an Irish festival--and of course, I didn''t eat half the food because the majority of irish cuisine involves lamb and corned beef.

I went to a Renassance(sp?) Faire this past Saturday, and I thought there was going to be a lot of Pagan stuff everywhere; surprisingly, it was just Mideval stuff.

Renaissance. It''s French for re-birth  

Nihilistic Seraph
Vice Captain

Jameta
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 6:57 pm
Nihilistic Seraph
Jameta
Kabuki Doll
So, recently my town had an Irish festival--and of course, I didn''t eat half the food because the majority of irish cuisine involves lamb and corned beef.

Renaissance. It''s French for re-birth
You know I'll only remember the meaning and the spelling, right? sweatdrop  
Sacred Sources -The Outer Forum -

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 139 140 141 142 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games