Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Gryffindor Common Room
Gryffindor Common Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 68 69 70 71 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you have your password?
Yes! Right here!
60%
 60%  [ 49 ]
No, I lost it D:
12%
 12%  [ 10 ]
I stole someone's password >:D
27%
 27%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 81

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 8:38 pm
User Image
It may sound absurd but don't be naïve
Even heroes have the right to bleed
I may be disturbed but won’t you concede
Even heroes have the right to dream
And it's not easy to be me

User Image

Jacob looked up as Remy approached and sat near him, observing. When she spoke, he felt a sudden rush of anger. Quidditch. Was that all that she thought it was? He glared, his feelings over the last year finally coming to a head as he struggled to speak, trying to and failing at keeping the anger out of his voice. "You think that there is nothing else, huh? Just quidditch? Nothing else like feeling that you're being left behind, or that your family's falling apart around you and you can't fit the pieces back together, or that you can't protect someone you care about from being tortured just for existing. Nothing like that, huh? Just quidditch? Well, let me tell you something, Remy. Life doesn't revolve around quidditch. I've woken up from a coma, been told that my mum dies while in said coma, had everyone it seems hate me for something that I chose, found out my brother was tortured by his own mum just because he was our father's son, and all of this? I found out this year! Not last year, or the year before when I was conscious, but this one. How the ruddy hell do you think I would feel after all of it? Quidditch this year just emphasized how worthless I really am! Merlin!" He breathed heavily after his tirade, trying to reign in the emotions he was feeling. Too much, all at once. His eyes glistened with tears he refused to let fall, because really, wouldn't that mean that he'd failed? He'd sworn that he would protect his family, would help them however he could, but what weight did that hold, when he couldn't even stop himself from being a victim too.

----------------------------------
State: Depressed
OOC: ...
----------------------------------

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I'm only a man in a silly red sheet
Digging for kryptonite on this one way street
Only a man in a funny red sheet
Looking for special things inside of me

Socks

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2013 9:23 pm
Well I couldn't tell you why she felt that way,
She felt it everyday.
And I couldn't help her,
I just watched her make the same mistakes again.

User Image

User Image
What's wrong, what's wrong now?
Too many, too many problems.
Don't know where she belongs, where she belongs.
She wants to go home, but nobody's home.
It's where she lies, broken inside.
With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes.
Broken inside.

User Image
Remy blinked as Jacob released a torrent of emotions out. Of course there was more behind it, and she'd just unlocked at least a bit of it. he girl sighed softly, then spoke again. "No, I know there's more. I've had that left behind feeling and I've been left unable to help those I love. Even I know life's not all about Quidditch, Jacob. Yes, you were in a coma, but so was a quarter of the school. Your choice is yours, own it. Don't listen to the idiots that tell you otherwise. As for your family..." she paused to take a deep breath, then resumed. "I am deeply sorry of your loss. I've not lost my mother, so I can't really relate much there, but on the subject of your brother, I can, at least a bit. My brother was abused quite violently by our birth parents. The only time I remember meeting them was when they kidnapped and beat me as well. Then again, all my trauma, if you could call it that, was a bit more spread out. I don't think I could handle it if it all hit me in one year." She ran a hand through her hair, then sent a look of frustration. At least Jacob somewhat knew how to handle his emotions! She just became a wreck of tears and depression! Urgh! Maybe she could get him to keep talking. That was the key here, right?

User Image
Open your eyes and look outside, find the reasons why.
You've been rejected, and now you can't find what you left behind.
Be strong, be strong now.
Too many, too many problems.
Don't know where she belongs, where she belongs.
She wants to go home, but nobody's home.
It's where she lies, broken inside.
With no place to go, no place to go to dry her eyes.
Broken inside.

Her feelings she hides.
Her dreams she can't find.
She's losing her mind.
She's fallen behind.
She can't find her place.
She's losing her faith.
She's fallen from grace.
She's all over the place.
Yeah,oh

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:48 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Seventh Floor -> Gryffindor Common Room

David walked into the middle of the common room that was adorned with red and gold. Chairs and couches surrounded the area and a fireplace stretched across one wall and a bulletin board hung on another. David had to admit it was good to be back.

"Welcome to the Gryffindor common room. This will be your space for the next seven years. Now that bulletin board over there is where you'll find the latest school announcements as well as the updated password for the year." David said pointing to the board. "The dormitories are up these two archways. Up the stairs to the right are the boys dormitories and as for the girls it's the same on your left." he said gesturing to both archways as he brought them up.

"Now before you all scatter our head of house is Professor Steele so if you have anything you wish to talk to him about feel free to stop by his office. Last thing I want to say if you have any questions or concerns don't hesitate to ask me other than that you're free to head off to bed or hang around here." David finished. He then waited to see if anyone wanted to talk with him. If not he'd just head off to bed.

With: Gryffindors... firsties

Wearing: School Uniform

OOC: ---

scurd
Lady Pomegranates
Desirae_Nikas_7656
Quote:
mrs-lestrange
kiska166
[Bell-chan]
ElegantVictiorainRose
Forks Anonymous

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:56 pm
☽☾ Nyx Aodhnait ☽☾ Age: 11 ☽☾ House: Gryffindor

Mood:
Thoughts:
Equipment:
Where am I:

User Image

User Image

Nyx listened to David and then moved to look around the common room. She briefly glanced at the notice board, but it didn't hold her attention long. She wanted her sketchbook more than anything, but other than 'stairs on the left' she wasn't sure where her room was, or how many she'd have to share with. Nyx sighed slightly and tucked some hair out of her face as she continued to explore the common room for a bit longer.

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

There is a real magic in enthusiasm.
It spells the difference between
mediocrity and accomplishment.

OOC:

Nyx_Nightshade_7656

Mythical Demigod

13,500 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Forum Regular 100

[Bell-chan]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 1:15 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Oº°‘¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨‘°ºO
𝓛ɪʟɪᴛʜ 𝖃ᴇxɪᴏɴ

Oº°‘¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨‘°ºO

Thoughts || Adrian was right, this place is beautiful. spacespace
Emotions || Ecstatic space
Clothing|| Sorting Clothes spacespa

❈❈❈
Keep on dreaming, Don’t stop breathing
Fight those demons, Sell your soul,Not your whole self❈❈❈
☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆═━┈┈━═☆

Lilith smiled as they went through the stairs and to the Gryffindor photograph. She looked over at the prefect, writing on a small notepad the password for this year. Grinning, she entered the room and was practically jumping and down. Everything looked just amazing, and decorated with the colors of the house. Patriotism? No, that was wrong. Pride for the house. It all baffled her, really. But when the prefect was done, everyone parted ways.

Lilith smiled at the older boy, giving a polite nod.
"Thank you for leading us, Hogwarts seems to have a really confusing layout." She chirped, sweat dropping slightly. " Do you by chance have a map or something similar, so I won't get lost?" The young Gryffindor asked, feeling a bit embarrassed about having to ask for it. But none the less, better to be slightly embarrassed than to be lost in the middle of the night.

❈❈❈Being me can only mean, Feeling scared to breathe, If you leave me then I’ll be afraid of everything
That makes me anxious, gives me patience, calms me down..❈❈❈

Out Of Lilith: ...

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 6:19 pm
Valentina La Russa
First year Gryffindor

"Yay about time we finally got here." Valentina said with relief. "I am so not going to class tomorrow wasting my sleeping time." she said, "I apologise for losing my temper before." She said. "A bit to much red for my liking. Now its to time to explore the rest of the castle" Valentina said as she headed out the portal.

O.O.C: Next to post the Library  

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:59 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Gryffindor Common Room

David had a feeling that someone was bound to ask about a map. Why didn’t the school give those out? Better yet why didn’t the school have on? Either way he could at least explain where her classes were in the castle. Hell he would gladly walk the girl to her classes if she really needed him to till she got the hang of it. “No problem and don’t worry about a while you get used to knowing your way around.” He told Lilith with a friendly smile. “I’d like to say yes but I’m afraid to say that the school don’t actually have a map for students. Though I’ll gladly help you figure out where you have to go and when for your classes.” He offered hoping he could help at least in some way.

When the girl from earlier said she wasn’t going to go to class tomorrow David shook his head. “I would advise you attend all your classes even if it’s just the first week. If you don’t there’s a large chance you’ll get detention.” He said but it fell on deaf ears when Valentina left the common room. She was going to be a handful wasn’t she.

With: Gryffindors... firsties

Wearing: School Uniform

OOC: Sorry it took me so long I've been sick recently and haven't really been posting all that much.

mrs-lestrange
[Bell-chan]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 4:26 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Oº°‘¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨‘°ºO
𝓛ɪʟɪᴛʜ 𝖃ᴇxɪᴏɴ

Oº°‘¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨ ¨‘°ºO

Thoughts || Adrian was right, this place is beautiful. spacespace
Emotions || Ecstatic space
Clothing|| Sorting Clothes spacespa

❈❈❈
Keep on dreaming, Don’t stop breathing
Fight those demons, Sell your soul,Not your whole self❈❈❈

Lilith smiled happily, clapping her hands slightly. At least someone here knew there way around.. From what her brother had said, he got lost up till his third year. A freaking long time to get used to a routine you do yearly. Scratching behind her neck nervously, she chuckled. " Well thank you!... But wow, such a big place with no maps? I thinks someone needs to talk to the headmaster/headmistress about that. That's kind of insane, really..." She babbled, before stopping herself, " W-well thanks for your help!" With that, Lilith headed upstairs. She wanted to see who her new roommates would be anyway.

❈❈❈Being me can only mean, Feeling scared to breathe, If you leave me then I’ll be afraid of everything
That makes me anxious, gives me patience, calms me down..❈❈❈

EXIT TO: Gryffindor Girls Dorms

Out Of Lilith: It's alright, it's understandable!

murruelecreuset

[Bell-chan]

Scurd_Tito

Familiar Seeker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:21 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

-YEAR // First
    -AGE // 11
    -APPAREL // 'Cowlick' that refuses to go down. School robe on top; with crumpled white shirt, tie that is too big for him, worn-out gray sweater vest, and well fitting/dark trousers underneath.'
    -ITEMS // 'Good-sized brownie wrapped neatly in a napkin, in his pocket.'
    -COMPANY // Gryffindor prefect and first years.
    -RELATIONSHIP // None
    -THINKING // "This brownie had better not squish in me' pocket!", and "When am I going to see Jarlath?".
    -FEELING // Rather annoyed.
    -LOCATION // Grand Staircase
    < YOUTUBE SONG // (I Like That-Shane Mack)

══════════════════════════════════════════

When David had given the fat lady the password, Adrienne tried to remember the password desperately, though could feel the funny sounding words slip from his mind. Pro tua omnium. Adrienne mused to himself in his head as the group entered the common room. When they were there, and after David had explained the room, he came up with an idea.

"Pro-tuna-with sodium!" He said to himself loudly, though sheepishly looked around the room at the other gryffindors, feeling rather silly about the mnemonic device.

((OOC: Sorry I haven't posted, work D smile )

══════════════════════════════════════════

murruelecreuset

Lady Pomegranates

Desirae_Nikas_7656

mrs-lestrange

kiska166

[Bell-chan]

ElegantVictiorainRose

Forks Anonymous

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 2:20 pm
      User ImageUser ImageUser Image

➳ ➳ 5th Yr Gryffindor ➳ ➳
      ➳ ➳ Muggle-born, Daughter of Late Officer Brian Kiss of the Kent Police ➳ ➳
      ➳ ➳ PrefectReserve Beater 01 ➳ Vice-Captain of the Reparifors Group Therapy ClubDueling Club Member ➳ ➳

Laurel and Dragon Heartstring Wand
      Born on June 22, 2011
      5 feet 7.5 inches tall
      Wearing: My Uniform
      In Company of: First Years
      Thinking: Hopefully, I don't screw this up.

User Image After shutting the portrait behind her, Veronica caught up with the rest of the first years in the Gryffindor Common room. She looked around briefly at the familiar circular room, with its fireplace, window overlooking the grounds, and the room decorated in scarlet and gold. Walking to the front of the first years she began, "This is the Gryffindor Common Room where you will make your home more or less for the next seven years at Hogwarts. Keep in mind you are not to be out of the Gryffindor Tower after a certain hour, and if you are found roaming the halls you will lose points for our house and/or receive detention. Professors and prefects are responsible for patrolling the halls during this time, and at least in my case I will more than happily penalize you for being out when you are not supposed to."

"As for your dorms, the staircase is on the left is the girls dormitory and on the right is the boys dormitory," Ronna said pointing to the archways where the staircases up to each dorm led. "While there is no rule that says either gender can't visit the others dorm, please note, because for whatever reason at least Godric Gryffindor was under the belief that males could not be trusted to have access to the girls dormitory; however, it was fine for females to have access to the male's dormitory. And to save everyone time, if you're male don't bother attempting to go over to the girl's dormitory as the staircase turns into a slide, it'll be embarrassing for you and terribly inconvenient for the rest of your housemates."

"Be sure to attend all your classes on time and at least half way do your homework and try to avoid detentions or too many house point reductions. Most rules are fairly common sense. If you have any questions regarding that feel free to ask me," Ronna said.

"Also in the common room I should note there is also a bulletin board where you will find various notices concerning the schools, advertisements, house announcements, such as information on clubs. You may post such items on the board at your discretion," She added. "Now if anyone has any questions about anything I'll stay for a bit to answer them, if not you are free to go to your dorms. And, keep in mind I am more than willing to talk to you concerning anything that may pop up over the year. Usually you can find me in the library or at one of my club activities more likely than actually in the commons; however, feel free to leave a note on my bed-males can ask a female housemate to do so-and I will get back to you as soon as I can."

User ImageShe let out a sigh and put on a smile, her hands folded behind her back as she waited for the first years either filed out or stayed to ask any questions. At least she didn't note any first years that would be any particular problems-though, this year she had spent mostly talking to Crash during the sorting feast after she had gotten annoyed and snapped at Toby earlier. Actually come to think of it, that actually wasn't the best behavior for a prefect. And, she was fairly sure she swore a few times during conversation, though she had yet to find a technical rule that stated students had to particularly monitor their language.

The Forgotten Weasley

Grespeciatto
      William Arthur Wynters

shabatha
      Nina Kagome Vienna AND Vanessa Fonatine Estan

Clockwork Muse
      Riya Misra

anbu_ninja_penguin
      Beatrice Allison Horton AND Amelia Rose Goldwind

Devlyn Maycry
      Jayden Zachariah Drickson

amo10690
      Arianna Lynnette Davenport

<>

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
      • Deal Me In 50
      • Married 100
      • Person of Interest 200

Yukina101
      Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
      • Vocalizing Hisser 25
      • Hellraiser 500
      • Friend of the Goat 100
      PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:33 am
      User Image XXXXXXXXXXXXUser Image

ⒽⓐⓛⓕⓑⓛⓞⓞⓓXXXXXXXXXX⒟⒜⒯⒤⒩⒢ Echo LovetteXXXXXXXXXXPre fect
      Yeah, it's pretty clear, I ain't no size two
      But I can shake it, shake it
      Like I'm supposed to do

Tanya watched each first year go through and into the common room before she shut the portrait door behind them and went to stand in front of them with wide welcoming arms and a large grin. "And the last destination on our little tour: the Gryffindor common room! As you can see, it's filled with comfortable couches, arm chairs, and even a few tables for your pleasure. Here you can talk amongst yourselves or even mingle with a few upper years. You can also ask any one of use for homework help or just for help of any kind. We're a family in this House, and family helps one another. Now, as you can see, there are two separate stairs for the two separate dormitories. Girls are to the left and boys are to the right. Boys cannot enter the girl's rooms without something terrible happening but girls can enter the boys dorms but not after curfew. So girls, please respect the boys privacy and boys...don't do anything stupid. You're things should already be up in your rooms and curfew is in a few so get to bed so you can be fresh and early for your first classes tomorrow. And again, welcome to Gryffindor!" Her grin only widened while inwardly she was doing flips of victory of having not lost anyone or screwing up majorly.

SummerIsles
      Addaison Collins

The Forgotten Weasley
      Prudence Lowery

Godly Tendencies
      Tomas Coveny

The Shiny Furret
      Victoria Macclellan

Quote:

But every inch of you is perfect cause true booty comes from within
      I'm all about that bass 'bout that bass No treble
      I'm all about that bass 'bout that bass No treble

UniformWhere: Gryffindor Common RoomWith: First yearsThinking: OOC

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:42 pm
      User Image

Leonette was sitting in the common room in one of the sofa chairs deep in thought. She had her history book on her lap but it was clear to anyone who walked by that she wasn’t even studying it. There was a rumor going around about David and Sapphire. Leonette had overheard it and truthfully didn’t want to believe it. However after the last few days she was beginning to. What did that mean exactly? Did David have an interest in Sapphire, like she did for him? They had kissed after all or at least that’s what the rumor had been about.

‘There’s just no way…’ Leonette thought as she looked up at the ceiling. Though even she had to admit that Sapphire was less of a risk then she was. With David’s extended family someone like Sapphire was ideal… not like her, a Gryffindor with enough impure blood connections to cause his grandmother to crock. Looking down at the bracelet on her wrist, Leonette wondered if she was simply just a phase like his mother went through. She sure hoped not.

With: My thoughts

Wearing: Comfy Clothes

OOC: Open for Interaction

User Image
      Gwen the Finch

Gryfindor you say?
      Yes, I could see you doing well there...
      So be it! Gryffindor!

murruelecreuset
      Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
      • Bunny Spotter 50
      • Waffles! 25
      • Team Jacob 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
      • Gaian 50
      • Dressed Up 200
      • Statustician 100
      PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 8:58 pm
      User Image
                                                          User Image

════════════════════════

Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |❸| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ |❸| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text

Dani strolled through the Gryffindor Common Room. With classes done for the day, though retained her gray uniform skirt, she'd ditched her robes and dressy blouse and vest in favour of a warm red and gold House Lannister sweatshirt, white knee socks and a pair of wool-lined slippers.

As she was about to head toward where she'd set up her books to start studying, she saw Leo sitting on the sofa near the fireplace, where a fire crackled cheerfully. It looked as though she'd tried to study the history text in front of her, but was not having a good time of it.

When her friend leaned back to look up at the ceiling, Dani could tell something was wrong. It was a sense she'd developed during her time at her old school; she always seemed to know when her friends were in pain. 'My stuff can wait,' she thought, as she moved to sit down on the couch beside her friend and team mate.

Regarding her friend with an empathetic look, Dani said quietly, "Can I help, Leo?"

════════════════════════

OOC:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 11:52 am
      User Image

Leonette was still deep in thought over David, when Danica came over and sat on the couch beside her. She was dwelling on the possibility that everything was true and the fact that she'd seen them that day. It just reminded her that David splashed Sapphire for some reason (not that either of them said). They had been together so knew that much was true. 'But why..? Why were they together...? They hate each other... don't they?'

"Can I help, Leo?"

That's when Danica got her attention. "Oh, hey Dani..." Leonette said in surprise. She hadn't even seen her come over. Maybe David was right, she really didn't pay attention to detail. Letting out a small sigh she shook her head. "I wish you could... sadly it's boy trouble. I'm sure you've heard the rumor by now." she answered. "About David and Sapphire kissing..." she added solemnly. "I have no idea if what's been going around is true and he hasn't said one work about it to me. So, as you can imagine I'm pretty bothered about it." Leonette explained. Who wouldn't be upset if they found out their boyfriend could very well be cheating on them?

With: Dani

Wearing: Comfy Clothes

OOC: Open for Interaction

User Image
      Gwen the Finch

Gryfindor you say?
      Yes, I could see you doing well there...
      So be it! Gryffindor!

murruelecreuset
      Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
      • Bunny Spotter 50
      • Waffles! 25
      • Team Jacob 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
      • Gaian 50
      • Dressed Up 200
      • Statustician 100
      PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 8:18 pm
      User Image
                                                          User Image

════════════════════════

Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ |❸| Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ |❸| Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ

════════════════════════

Text

"I've heard the stories," Dani told her friend and teammate in a quiet tone, there was no reason for the whole House to hear them. "I don't know if they're true or not; rumours seem to fly around this place faster than owls do. I can't say I know Celaena's sister, but I've dealt enough with David to sour my judgement of him. I guess the big questions to be asked and answered here are:'How well do you know David, and do you know in your heart you can trust him'?"

murruelcreuset

════════════════════════

OOC:

Gryffindor Common Room

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 68 69 70 71 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
      Other Stuff
      Get GCash
      Offers
      Get Items
      More Items
      Where Everyone Hangs Out
      Other Community Areas
      Virtual Spaces
      Fun Stuff
      Gaia's Games
      Mini-Games