Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Staff Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 11:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

$Bréanainn Cian Conri$
Charm's Professor(4-7)||Former Gryffindor||Former Quidditch Player

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

He smiled as she said something about the fact that if he was thankful for the summer he had that he was getting old, and truth be told, he was getting old. He was almost thirty, a number that Bréanainn hadn't even thought about until then. He just never thought about what he was going to be like when he reached his thirties. He figured that he would have had a family of his own by then with a kid or something, but of course, Quidditch threw a wrench in that plan. He wasn't sure if he really should be starting to think about that or not. He was still a young soul, but one could see that he was starting to mature to the point that he was starting to show his age. He didn't have any grey hairs or anything, but he knew that he was getting older.

He chuckled as she said that 'Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned', but he even started to laugh as he thought 'Hell hath no fury like a woman in general. He didn't say it out loud, but he thought it oh so quickly. "You would think of t'at as impressive," he said teasingly, winking at her. Before looking out into the Great Hall for a moment, but noticing that the students were still not there. How early had he truly been? He had to be pretty early speaking that no students seemed to even be close to the Great Hall.

"But yes, cheatin' is a bad t'ing. So, in reality, the man got what he deserved," he admitted to her. Bréanainn had never partaken in that kind of behavior, for his mother brought him up to teach whomever he was seeing with respect...enough respect to not cheat on them at least.

"What is t'e rules for tattoos in t'e states? Can people get tattoos wit'out parental consent?" he asked her, actually wondering what the rule was. He had never been near a tattoo parlor, even in the Isles. He just never had a desire to get a tattoo, but that was just him. "And may I ask what t'at means?" He truly had no idea. It must've been an American thing, because he had never heard it. He did have an idea of what it meant, but he feared that he was completely wrong.

"I figured you could change your skin tone, but I never really wanted to see it. I mean, last year, it was crazy enough that I could only guess what color hair you would show up wit'," he said to her, laughing as he thought about it. He remembered her even talking about changing her hair to bright green, which he truly didn't want, but he couldn't stop her from doing it if she wanted. He always had to guess what color hair she would show up in to one of their outings together. "And my students don't walk all over me. I give them some freedoms in class t'at maybe t'e more strict teachers, like yourself, don't give t'em, but t'at's where it stops," he said jokingly, having heard that she was actually strict. And that fact was interesting, because he couldn't even imagine her being like that, but she was. It showed that she was 'serious in business, and light-hearted outside of business', which was generally a big positive to him. He actually really liked that about her.

He then got to watch as she created a tattoo on her arm, which was definitely an interesting sight. Her whole 'metamorphagus' trait really made her into possibly one of the most interesting females he has ever met. She literally could do anything she wanted. He always wondered to what extent did that stop, but he really didn't want to press her boundaries. It would truthfully be a lot to ask of her to do something crazy. He didn't want to do that at all.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:04 am
User Image

"Chrissy"
Christina Anna Dechering
Healing Professor of Hogwarts
Metamorphagus

Born in Georgia, U.S.A. on October 15, 2002
Wand: Rigid, with a spiraled shaft, 11 3/8 inches, Mahogany, Pegasus Wing Feather
Former Chameleon Dorm Member at the Salem Institute of Witchfract and Wizardry
Emotional State: Content/a bit tired/Happy
Looking: Brunette and Professionaly Dressed

Currently it is Academic Year of 2027-2028xxx

"The girl has spunk. I like that. I find it adorable. Maybe that's why she joined the poltergeist division when she got settled in here. She has a weird since of humor," Chrissy said with a smile as she glanced to see how quiet the Great Hall was still. And then when Bréanainn said about cheating being a bad thing so he got what he deserved Chrissy offered, "It wouldn't have been so bad if two of his flings didn't hit tabloids and the fact that he never even offered the option of an open relationship to her. I mean if that's what he wanted he should have said it. You can't have it both ways."

When he asked about the tattoos she said, "Muggle laws or wizarding laws? I mean adulthood for wizards is seventeen. Regardless, you can always find someone willing to not worry about licensing rules if you ask around enough. And, I could have easily say stolen an adult ID and impersonated them to get it done no questions asked. At least I had decent tastes at 17, because I'm attached to my first tattoo still."

She shrugged and when asked about the phrase about the porch light she laughed and said, "Ah, my sister prefers 'half a brick short of a load' but that is slightly different and tends to be closer to 'dumber than a bag of hammers'. I guess 'oblivious'? Sort of..." She shrugged. "Dumbly oblivious? Something like that..."

She propped her chin up listening as he said he figured she could change her skin tone but never wanted to see it and that he had enough trouble keeping up with her hair color, "Ah, but as a metamorphagus, I'm fairly boring on what I do. In theory I could do a lot more than I do... I just had better things to do with my time than worry about it. I stick mostly to my normal looks. Obviously, I tweak a few things constantly, but it would be stupid not to."

When he argued that his students didn't walk all over him and that he merely gave them freedoms in class that strict teachers, like herself, didn't. "There's a difference between freedom and not challenging your students. I figure if a student has enough time to disrupt class-he or she just needs more complicated work. I'm always more than happy to provide that." She raised a brow, "Of course with wellness magic, is a fairly exact branch of magic and not the most forgiving of mistakes. And, I have a lot who want to be healers and they should learn early that even the most minor of screw ups could alter someone's life forever. Or kill them."

Still smiling she said, "Cheerful stuff, I suppose. But my trick is if the student is a pain I just give them more work to do. Also, extra studying just means they'll do better on their OWLs and NEWTs. And be better healers and mediwizards in the future if they follow that path."

RedEagleEye007

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:00 pm

$Bréanainn Cian Conri$

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

He listened to her talk about her cousin, wondering what this new cousin was like, but he got a general idea of what she was like just by the conversation with Christina. She seemed like an interesting girl to say the least, but she didn't seem like one that he would be caught messing around with. The whole, revealing her whole relationship to the public thing was a little different. Every girl that he dated did like the limelight a little bit, but private issues always stayed just that...private. They might have been crazy, and to him, a better term might be too clingy, but they never did anything out of spite when their relationships took a turn for the worst. He couldn't imagine what happened to the Quidditch Player that Christina's cousin screwed over, but then again, tabloids were tabloids and despite the story being completely true...quite a bit of people didn't believe them. So, the man was probably off cheating on another girl by now...at least, that's what Conri figured. "Yeah, you really can't have it bot' ways really," he casually agreed, a small smile on his face. He really didn't know what else to say about the matter. It truly was an interesting one and he hadn't heard any rumors of that magnitude running through the tabloids in the Isles, but then again, he never read them.

"Ahh...I see. And yes, you could have stolen an idea. He**, I did t'at to get into one of t'e muggle bars. A friend of mine offered one of t'ose fake ID t'ings. It was an interesting night to say t'e least," he admitted to her, recallling the day that he had made his way into the muggle bar and specifically remembering that he did not remember a thing after the night was halfway over. That was a fun night and one of those nights that he actually found himself laying next to a gorgeous blonde woman in a home in which was unrecognizable. This was a twenty year old Bréanainn of course; so he had fled upon waking up. "A really interesting night..." he said slowly, laughing as everything ran through his head. Those were the good ol' days, in which he was just starting out Quidditch and was a star. And he had money...a lot of it. He had just been signed to a five year extension deal with the Falmouth Falcons and luckily was getting off of his rookie contract.

"And I am not t'at oblivious," he said to her, nudging her with his elbow. "Wit' you? Maybe, but in general...no, not really." He laughed as he said this, because yes, he was a tad oblivious when it came to the woman, just because of the attraction most likely. Still, he wasn't that oblivious: was he? He had no idea, but he didn't think he was at all. He actually thought he was very aware of things happening around him, but according to Christina...he wasn't. Then again, she did get a kick out of antagonizing him. And he really didn't say anything about her being boring. She really wasn't, but of course, she thought...since she knew the extent of her powers, that she was boring. But Conri thought it was interesting enough to have the power, so he never thought about it like that.

As they got onto teaching styles, he sighed, because she started talking about making the class hard, which yes, was pretty easy to do in healing, but it was extremely hard to do in Charms. Charms by far was one of the easiest classes at this school. Bréanainn was one of those kids who got just about every single spell on the first try, no matter what it was. "It truly is hard to give people more work in Charm's class Christina. Wellness magic, you probably have so many applications t'at can go off of one spell, but Charms...not really. It is pretty set in stone if you ask me," he said to her, shrugging his shoulder. He had tried many things to get t'em to do more work, but none of it worked. The students were getting better at spells as the days went by, some of them performing non-verbally on the first try as if it wasn't even a challenge. It almost made teaching boring and he now understood why all of his teachers had given him so much work.

He looked around for a second before looking back at her. "You know...I actually missed our conversations over summer...well more of...you making fun of me t'an anyt'ing," he admitted to her, a smile on his face. He did actually miss the woman during the summer. She seemed to make an impression on him that was greater than he imagined.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:57 pm
User Image

"Chrissy"
Christina Anna Dechering
Metamorphagus

Wand: Rigid, with a spiraled shaft, 11 3/8 inches, Mahogany, Pegasus Wing Feather

Christina raised a brow as Bréanainn considered what she said about her cousin and her antics and then of course her thoughts on the matter of relationships. His agreement was that you couldn't have it both ways. It was an obvious answer though. There was no real other way to see it. Even if you were inclined to prefer seeing multiple people at once it was just comment manners to mention it to the people you see. And his story about stolen IDs didn't surprise her the least. And his conclusion about it being a really interesting night made her chuckle, "Hmm? But do you remember everything from that night? I mean, I really didn't have to worry about fake IDs or anything once I turned 18. I could go to most bars and clubs-and since I don't drink I didn't even bother fading off the X they put on your hand."

She shrugged and when he said he wasn't that oblivious she shook her head sadly as if he was a child she didn't have the heart to correct and when the subject turned to teaching she raised a brow, "I technically wouldn't know since Salem didn't have what was specifically a class called 'charms'. But, honestly, if you can't think of more applications for the spells you teach you should just read more. For example I go over the General Counter-Spell for my fourth years and that spell is better known for being used in dueling or Defense Against the Dark arts. There are many uses for spells. Charms shouldn't be any different. There are many uses for the same spell after all."

She glanced away tapping her fingers on the table when Bréanainn brought up that he missed their conversations over the summer and more specifically her making fun of him. She raised a brow and said with a smirk, "Oh? Well like I said, my cousin works in the Poltergiest Unit so she helps relocate them. If you need someone to make fun of you during the summers, I am sure she could make sure one gets relocated to your place. I mean, hate for you to miss out being the subject of all the jokes. A poltergiest could help make sure that you'd be made fun of plenty so you won't get lonely." She smiled, knowing good and well, that was not really what he was getting at and Christina had trouble picturing anyone who would actually actively want a poltergiest in their home. Even Vi probably wouldn't. She adored the things apparently, but living with someone or something was very different then dealing with them on a daily basis at work for example.

RedEagleEye007

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:46 pm

$Bréanainn Cian Conri$

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Bréanainn looked at her for a minute, just wondering what she was going to say next. They seemed to come to an agreement on the fact that cheating was bad without an open relationship is bad, which was good, because if they didn't agree on that part, it probably would've been a red light to stop what he was doing and leave. Of course, he wouldn't be that rash, but she would've taken a step down in what he thought of her. It would've been difficult to trust her if he ever did try to pursue further with her though.

He laughed as she asked him if he remembered everything from that night. In fact, it was probably the funniest thing she could've possibly said to him at that moment. "Uhm...I don't remember everyt'ing, but I remember some of it, if t'at counts," he said to, looking at her. "What, I'm Irish...not particularly known for our Croquet skills and tea drinkin' now are we?" He laughed as he said it, knowing that that part of the Irish culture was a stereotype. "I'm just kiddin' of course. Irish drink just as much as t'e Americans...the Brits...and the rest of t'e world do," he admitted, chuckling at the thought. Irishmen were always associated with one thing it seemed...and that was drinking...and despite that being a focal point in Irish society a long time ago, it wasn't as much now...or at least...all the other countries had caught up.

He listened to her talk about teaching and he really didn't need to here any of it. He had done what she had just told him a few times and to no avail...he couldn't come up with something that truly gave the kids more work to do. The only semi challenging class he taught was definitely the N.E.W.T level, where he had the kid's run through what was honestly an obstacle course. And there had been different ways to make it through certain points...like how Marina Aldred had frozen the water in time instead of the obvious, ice-related way. But he formatted it that way because he knew that the kids could handle it...speaking that they were already in N.E.W.T level classes. Maybe he could honestly incorporate that in with his sixth years too...he would revise some of what he was to do after this ceremony.

"I'd rat'er not have a poltergeist in my room. T'at might be the last t'ing I want in my room actually. It is hard enough dealing wit' my brot'er really. Although, the t'ought of a poltergeist messing wit' him is extremely amusin' to me," he admitted, shrugging his shoulders. He would love to see a ghost try to mess with his brother. Knowing his brother though, he would find a way to kill it...that's right...kill a ghost...as if it were even possible. If anyone could truly do something like that...it was his brother.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:16 pm
User Image

"Chrissy"
Christina Anna Dechering
Metamorphagus

"I like to remember my 'bad' decisions from a night out in its entirety," Christina said solemnly to him raising a brow. Shaking her head she listened to him say they weren't particularly known for croquet skills and tea drinking-playing on the stereotype about drinking. She smiled and said, "And, I don't drink so I don't know where I fit in your little categorization of drinkers in the world."

When she had gone into talking about classes and structuring classes and discussing the multiple uses of spells she noted his distaste. It made her wonder if someone who wasn't entirely enamored in teaching could end up as a professor. He seemed more like he floated from job to job after he got bored being in the same place too long. It was like a little kid. Then again, she wasn't the most settled-well not in her personal life and affairs-but she did stick to her job. Maybe she was somewhat of a workaholic. She had to wonder. Was the trait always so obviously there or had being around Sophie who was way more serious acting by nature rubbed off on her. Then again, Vi despite being led to the UK mostly on a whim and a change of pace from what Christina could tell spent a lot more time obsessing about her work than she needed to or you expected. The girl had decorated the attic into what looked like a cross between a gothic-punk-black-and-neon colored explosion with a haunted house theme and then books everywhere of ghost stories and spirit studies and what not. It was a bit overwhelming-but Vi paid rent so Chrissy wasn't going to say the girl couldn't decorate her room however she wanted.

"I don't know I could list a lot of things a lot worse to have in my bedroom than a poltergeist," Christina pointed out. "Though I'm fairly sure, the amusement of annoying your brother aside, a poltergeist would interfere with you bringing dates home for the night. Or should mostly. Unless you're over with that stage of your life? Afraid of the crazy girls still?" She chuckled. "I mean, if you aren't a poltergeist might work as a pick up line. 'Hey, I have this adorable poltergeist at my place who is always looking to meet someone new, you want to meet him'? Not my tastes but there's always someone into something I have found in life. I'm not one to judge."

She smiled and then said, "Anyways, are you sure it is conversations with me you missed and you weren't just bored all summer?"

RedEagleEye007

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 3:50 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Dating Grayson Powell
                                                          Looking Lovely at the Staff Table with Professors
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Calm
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ Another year... ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

The rain is fallin' on my windowpanes, დ დ დxxx
                                                          But we are hiding in a safer place. დ დ დxxxxxx
                                                          Under covers staying dry and warm; დ დ დxxxxxxxxx
                                                          You give me feelings that I adore. დ დ დxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceAmata made her way to the staff table and settled into her usual seat, glancing briefly at the others who'd already arrived. There was a pair at each end of the table, Professors Conri and Derchering at one, and Somerset at the other with... well, now. She didn't recognize the man that the Divination professor was speaking to. He must be new then... she found herself hoping the man was patient, if Drusilla was to be his conversational partner for the night. Not that Amata knew the woman very well, but she knew her well enough to know that sometimes it took a fair bit to keep up with her. She was fairly certain everyone in the school knew that the woman wasn't all there. Shaking her head lightly in amusement, she settled into her seat, leaning back and taking out a book; she supposed she could have remained in her office to read a bit longer, given that she was a tad early, but she hadn't wanted to get wrapped up in her reading and not watch the clock. Really, that was more like something Grayson would do (and had done, she thought with a smirk), but it wasn't that much of a stretch to think she'd do the same. She was only slightly less easily distracted than he was at times... particularly when there was a book involved. And she was rather enjoying this one. She had considered going to pester him in his office before making him head down with her, but decided against it; they'd spent most of the Summer together, after all. No need to smother the man.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxდ დ დ It starts in my toes, makes me crinkle my nose.
                                                          xxxxxxდ დ დ Wherever it goes, I always know
                                                          xxxxxxxxxდ დ დ That you make me smile, please stay for a while.
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxდ დ დ Just take your time, wherever you go.

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:23 pm

$Bréanainn Cian Conri$

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

"Well sometimes you get stressed out and really are aiming to forget what happened during t'e day, which is exactly why I went most likely. T'ose are t'e days I drink. T'ey are becoming more of a rarity as I get older t'ough," he admitted to her, shrugging his shoulders. To this day he remembered why he went out that first night. It wasn't just the fact that he wanted to, rather, he let in what would be the game winning save when the game was about to be called because the seekers couldn't do their job. Every now and again, that elusive little ball just was more elusive than the human eye could manage. And that was the day. So, in reality, instead of getting the three points for a win, they tied. He was extremely upset after that, but it really wasn't that big of a deal now that he thought back on it. He had made many saves in general and was considered one of the better keepers in Irish Quidditch Federation history. "I t'ink you would be categorized as t'ose people t'at are truly one of a kind. Not many non-drinkers around anymore," he said truthfully, hating that that was what the world was turning to. He himself hadn't drank until he was eighteen, which he didn't see as a problem, but there were people much younger drinking at rates that even exceeded his. It was truly a monstrosity.

He noticed the silence between them start to grow after she talked about the teaching, wishing he had said something. "It really is just t'e subject. Say I was teaching maybe Defense Against the Dark Arts, I t'ink I would have a better time, but t'at is just my opinion," he admitted, breaking the hiatus that had formed between them. It was true...if he had taught that class he probably would have had a better time, but he still enjoyed at times teaching the students. He wouldn't go back and just start playing Quidditch again, which he was confident he could do...with his credentials and all.

He chuckled as she talked about poltergeists however, the image of the thing messing with his brother still in his head. And that's when she asked if he was over the stage of life where he brought home dates for the night. He had never thought about that until then, but the worst part is he could answer almost as soon as she asked. "I am actually...to be honest, but I'm not afraid of crazy girls now am I? I mean, I did spend a lot of time with you last year...I t'ink t'at should be enough proof," he said jokingly, winking at her. She wasn't really crazy at all...actually...she seemed somewhat down to earth at times. She was humorous too. Everything he preferred in a woman actually...well...mostly. He still wondered about the whole metamorphagus part, but he easily looked past that part. "And let me be t'e first to say t'at I don't t'ink t'at one would work very well. I mean, imagine you did not know me at all and I came up and asked you t'at. I t'ink your first reaction would be was to check me in to t'e looney house," he said to her, laughing a bit. He could definitely imagine a girl like her trying to put him into an asylum for saying that kind of thing. The whole 'adorable poltergeist' would be a big selling point to the judge.

"No, I missed you. I can say that definitively," he admitted to her, looking as Amata Harlowe, the Head of his house, walked in. He initially had given a small wave, but he truly wasn't sure if she saw him. It seemed she had already done her scan of the area; so it really didn't matter.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 4:05 am
User Image

"Chrissy"
Christina Anna Dechering
Metamorphagus

"Ah, but there are always more mature ways to handle stress," Chrissy pointed out waving her hand. "Of course, the last thing I wanted was a hangover heading into work. And, 'body is a temple' and all that, so drinking too much is sort of a sin. Also, I always assumed I'd be pretty bad at holding my alcohol. Though, maybe I'm wrong, I have watched my sister cook a meal and go through a bottle of wine-half not even cooking for the meal-and be as composed as ever. It's actually kind of impressive. Maybe that's her special magical ability? I can change my looks whenever I want and she can drink as much as she wants."

When Bréanainn broke the silence that had followed about work she raised a brow when he said that if he would prefer teaching Defense Against the Arts. "Wasn't there that whole theory the position is cursed at Hogwarts?" She asked raising a brow. "I'm still itching to see that charms syllabus of yours since I'm still trying to figure out whether charms is more like Incantations or Enchantment. Enviornmental Manipulation was more plant based. I assume enchantment, but still. Maybe someday I'll show up to one of your classes as a student."

She was still smiling when the conversation turned back to the poltergeists and dates-or hook-ups-who were not the most mentally balanced and he joked that he wasn't afraid of crazy girls, obviously, as he had spent so much time with her the year before. And then pointed out her suggested line was a good way to end up in the 'looney house'. "Aw, you don't want to see the head-shrinkers?" She said using one of the slang terminology for psychiatrists-and honestly psychiatrists were more of a muggle thing than wizarding. "Anyways, I have to say, I would go for it. Well, unless I found out there was seriously a poltergeist in the house-that would be weird. But, no, I like crazy dates. Way less stress."

She then thought for a moment and added, "And as for your taste in crazy girls, I don't think I count. I mean, I'm not going to debate whether I count as mad or not, but I wouldn't count myself on that list of crazy girls you have been involved with." She chuckled and shook her head as he added that he missed her and could say that with definiteness. "If we hadn't doubled our garden this summer, I'm sure Sophie would have said you could keep me for a couple weeks to stay out of her hair. Apparently she thinks it is bad for me to be off all summer as I am not productive and ten times more annoying. Though, I resent the productive argument, I mean I did train Lullaby to scare my sister's half kneezle with a grunt. It only took me two weeks. Vultures generally are fairly quiet after all."

She tilted her head nodded to Amata who had began to read which was her typical habit if not talking with the History of Magic professor, Professor Grayson, about probably something boring like history-but it was a shared interest. Unlike her conversations with Bréanainn which were far more random and something she would deny most discussions about if ever asked by her students. She glanced back at Bréanainn and waved a hand with a nod of her head, "So, see, I was productive. I taught my pet a new trick. Maybe I can get him to use it in the classroom on my third years to make sure they stay on task. Though, I think him just hanging out in the classroom is enough to freak some of my students out."

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:29 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..........Ravenclaw Head of House
"The cycle of life only goes one direction,
not even alchemy can change that."

╔══════════════╗
The Great Hall
Staff Table
Start-of-Term Feast 2027

╚══════════════╝

Angel Amorocho had opted to arrive early rather than late for this feast. Ordinarily, the man enjoyed striding up the hall full with students to eavesdrop as much as possible. The students of his house were an interesting bunch and he was eager to see them thrive—even if it meant a bit of pushing and coaxing. The man was sharp and clean as a whistle; a meticulous suit fitted and ironed, head shaved and beard trimmed neatly. It was rare to see him in anything else. The Hispanic professor took notice of the new professor, though wasn't surprised. He'd heard the news already but it was nice to have a face to the name. Beside the new Herbology professsor was Somerset, farther along sat Conri and Dechering, and finally Harlowe. He had chided himself on not getting to know his fellow head of houses better and decidedly sat beside the Mythology professor. ”Good evening Amata, lovely night for the Great Feast, isn't it? How've you taken to Head of House? I do hope the Gryffindors aren't giving you too much trouble.” He jested. He had heard the old stories, after all.

[OOC: ]

Juan Angel Amorocho
User Image User Image User Image

Cara MiaKitty

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 8:54 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Dating Grayson Powell
                                                          Looking Lovely at the Staff Table with Professors
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Calm
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ Another year... ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

The rain is fallin' on my windowpanes, დ დ დxxx
                                                          But we are hiding in a safer place. დ დ დxxxxxx
                                                          Under covers staying dry and warm; დ დ დxxxxxxxxx
                                                          You give me feelings that I adore. დ დ დxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceAmata lowered her book at the sound of her name, glancing over to see that the Ravenclaw Head of House had joined her. She arched a brow at the man, somewhat amused. "I haven't had any trouble as of yet; but, then, I've only had one year go by so far. Given how much trouble Professor Steele had with them, I'm not holding my breath. My own years at Hogwarts don't exactly help to ease my mind," she replied, shaking her head with a chuckle. Indeed, if her students were even half as bad as she'd been... she was in trouble. "I'm not entirely sure if it's a good or bad thing that the Gryffindor's don't seem particularly inclined to take my lesson... on the one hand, it'd be nice to know them better. On the other hand, I'm hardly a strict professor. I'd hate for them to come away from my class thinking they can get away with causing chaos." Never mind that, in reality, they probably could. She liked to think that she had taken her position seriously... but she couldn't help but worry that after having someone as strict as Steele could be, she'd seem like a pushover. Particularly if she found a group in her office for anything even remotely clever or amusing. She had a feeling laughing at her students antics was not a way to properly instill a proper sense of respect and a healthy dose of fear. Thank the gods that Luke had graduated... she was fairly certain she'd have done a miserable job of reigning him in. The blonde offered Angel a small smirk, leaning forward to rest her chin on her fist, tucking her book away as she did so. "If I recall correctly, you've had your fair share of trouble with your house... any recommendations?" she asked playfully.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxდ დ დ It starts in my toes, makes me crinkle my nose.
                                                          xxxxxxდ დ დ Wherever it goes, I always know
                                                          xxxxxxxxxდ დ დ That you make me smile, please stay for a while.
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxდ დ დ Just take your time, wherever you go.

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Essy ze Ninja

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:42 pm
Professor of Alchemy
..........Ravenclaw Head of House
"The cycle of life only goes one direction,
not even alchemy can change that."

╔══════════════╗
The Great Hall
Staff Table
Start-of-Term Feast 2027

╚══════════════╝

”Well then,” his lips wiggled into a smile as an airy chuckle rolled past his tongue. ”Count your lucky stars. And sorry to say, the children have certainly acquired a few new tricks over the years.” Bemused, he offered an easy going grin and paused only to take a generous sip from a goblet of water. Maybe in a few hours he would charm the water to wine, but for now, he supposed it was probably best to maintain appearances and responsibility. (Oh, and of course, actually remember the night.) Angel always thought it a shame how he never has the chance to interact with the younger students. ”It's a tricky median to find, to be sure. But mythology has to give you plenty of ideas for creative punishment, wouldn't it? Have them eaten by the Hopping Pot to clean it inside out?” He suggested all in good humor with a laugh. To be honest, it wasn't half a bad idea. If only, if only... But he supposed it was a bit on the irresponsible side.

”Hmm, as a matter of fact, I do. Load the troublesome ones up with all the extra curricular responsibility they can handle and they'll be no time or room for anything else. Sometimes, they just need a little push.” (And sometimes little is just an understatement.) ”Besides, with more eyes looking up to them, it's harder for them to get away with trouble.”

[OOC: ]

Juan Angel Amorocho
User Image User Image User Image

Cara MiaKitty

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:32 am
User Image

Sebastian "Ian" Windsor

Cursebreaking ProfessorPurebloodFormer Ravenclaw

““The world is so empty if one thinks only of mountains, rivers and cities but to know someone who thinks and feels with us..."

╔══════════════╗

It was been a long time since he joined the staff table, which he haven't yet. But in the end, it was just a slick event with cuisine and watching kids being sorted. But too bad he did not get to witness his son getting sorted, he was somewhere around the world doing his archaeology stuffs when that happened.

Well yeah, his son did got into Ravenclaw last three years ago like he was but still... Oh well.

He, like most of the time, carried a book, probably something that did not belong to the Wizarding world but he did not care. It was just a book written by a non-magical person and that was it. He did not intend to talk to the fellow professors but it would be perfectly fine with him if they intend to talk to him, being invited was good for him.

But for now, he opened his bookmarked book and started to read silently. It pretty much bothered him that Jean seemingly talked to him rarely to little, did it have something to do with him being in Cotswold for a long time? But it has been, what, three years now. Maybe that kid was just trying to get used to it at a slow pace, but you cannot rush your son about magic and father-son get-a-longs.

╚══════════════╝

"...and who, though distant, is close to us in spirit, this makes the earth for us an inhabited garden.”

― Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
With : Professors
Attire :

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:21 pm

$Bréanainn Cian Conri$

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Bréanainn casually waved off what she said first. "I've never gone into work wit' a hangover. We would get fines if we did t'at to be honest; so I literally couldn't afford to do t'at," he admitted to her, making sure she knew that he took his work seriously. He would drink after a game maybe, unless he had practice in the morning, which he would calmly keep himself at home. He wasn't necessarily huge on partying, but if he did partake in that kind of thing, he went all out. That's how it was supposed to be really. "Alt'ough, you don't seem to be t'e kind of girl who could hold her liquor," he said, laughing a bit. He didn't really think she could to be honest. She was pretty skinny and obviously didn't have much weight on her, but who knew?

"Yeah, actually...it was definitely interesting. A lot of the professors just up and left for unknown reasons, some were fired...some were possessed. Really isn't a potential sellin' point is it?" he said to her, laughing a bit. On second thought, maybe he didn't want to teach Defense. Just the thought of anything like those happening to him was almost bone chilling. Surely he didn't want to be possessed. That was the worst thing that could happen.

Upon hearing her talk about poltergeists, he gave her a pretty funny look. "You see what I mean...crazy," he said in jest, winking at her. It was truly funny that she would go for something like that. "Remind me to use t'at later on," he said to her, laughing.

He listened to her talk about the summer, wondering what it would have been like to 'keep her for a couple weeks', as she put it. It definitely would've been an interesting couple weeks to say the least. "You know when I first walking into your office, I truly wasn't expecting to see a vulture of all animals...just saying," he admitted to her, wondering what she thought on that. It was the truth actually. But then again, she wasn't always the most conservative woman in the world. She definitely was one of their more interesting girls he's even been 'involved' with, if that's the word for what he is to her.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:18 am
User Image

"Chrissy"
Christina Anna Dechering
Metamorphagus

"Well not being your best everyday was a good way to get someone killed in my field," Christina said with a shrug. "Maybe I should have stayed my last year at Salem in quidditch and tried out for the American team. Way less stress-probably... at least my dating habits and the fact I was a metamorphagus would keep nosy reporters entertained for at least the first half of my first season. At least I wouldn't have had to bother breaking up on the terms with the guy I was seeing at the time like I did. Apparently your team's quidditch captain doesn't take it kindly when his seeker for years up and quits her last year. Also, I never bothered to give him a formal resignation or warning." She shrugged and took a sip of her water and raised a brow when Bréanainn said she didn't seem like the type of girl who could hold her liquor, "And what's that supposed to mean? I've never bothered with alcohol, so there's no guarentee one way or another. I mean there are a lot of factors-genetics, metabolism rate, diet, activity level... the list goes on."

She leaned back some, growing a bit more compossed as she noted more professors joining the table and checked her pocket watch seeing that the sorting feast was soon to begin officially-then again in the case of both herself and Professor Conri-the first years weren't that much of interest. Well, Bréanainn would get the whole lot of them for at least two years, but she taught an elective course so she had a lot less students to worry about. And her elective was only as popular as it was because healing tended to be ridiculously practical of a medical art. The big issue was how many continued to take the course into their NEWT years. She was surprised so many students stuck it out with her as she did all things considered. At least she never had to worry about bad rumors surrounding being a healing professor at Hogwarts. Though, she glanced down the table briefly to the new herbology professor and the owner of Dogweed and Deathcaps. She wondered if she should ask her sister about her apparent distaste for the man-or at least the store-since he was teaching there but decided it was probably something like she thought he was rude or something.

Glancing back to Bréanainn she smiled politely when he said the line was crazy and then added to remind him to use it later on. "Why are you going for crazy girls again? Because, I fully intend to use that line for picking out my future dates so if you use that line be sure it doesn't get around in my pool of potential dates."

She raised a brow-she had been mostly joking about using the line about poltergeists, after all cheap pick-up lines got gimicky and old and even if both parties knew the line was just a pretense it annoyed her because she'd rather things straight forward and too the point. Maybe it was that Red-blooded American in her? When Bréanainn said he hadn't expected to see a vulture in her office when he first walked in she let out a sigh and with a shake of her head and a small exasperated smile asked, "And what did you expect to see in my office?"

RedEagleEye007

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games