Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
Ideas, Questions, Suggestions? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:43 am
Will there be other opportunities to get candy in order to make the new halloween pets? (leviathan/kobo/wyrvling)  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 6:45 am
Question for Space Thread!

For Halloween students, does death/dissipation come when they hit 0 HP or -10 HP? Just to clarify it for myself, thank you!  

Lucyal
Crew

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:25 am
FEAR battle question!

Quote:
Y1 level Fear: Healing Music - Gabrian is able to use Fear to produce a violin, which he then plays (the violin in question can not be used as an actual, physical weapon, and it vanishes once he stops playing). The music has a calming, healing effect on him.

This is one of Gabrian's FEAR abilities and I was wondering if... it could be edited it a bit so he could use it 'logically' in serpent form. Aka, it'd be all sorts of weird if a serpent were to summon a violin up, so can I edit it to say that him singing in Serpent form has the same effect? It's just basically for 'looks', it's still the same ability >>a I just want him to be able to use it while he's shifted in serpent form.

Quote:
Y1 level Fear: Healing Music - Gabrian is able to use Fear to produce a violin, which he then plays (the violin in question can not be used as an actual, physical weapon, and it vanishes once he stops playing). The music has a calming, healing effect on him. While in Serpent form Gabrian, rather than summon a violin, he sings to produce the same effect.

Would that be at all doable? *points up*  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:30 am
idk

idk

DFA: yes, thats fine ~  

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:50 am
Lucyal
Question for Space Thread!

For Halloween students, does death/dissipation come when they hit 0 HP or -10 HP? Just to clarify it for myself, thank you!

Halloween: -10
Hunters: 0  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:19 am
question for space thread

The rules say that meele attacks have different modifiers depending on what part you attack, but what about ranged attacks? Sheridan's natural ability is a breath weapon of plasma ice, but I'm not sure how to calculate what damage that would do. Also is there any change for those who can fly?  

Amon Larethian

Swashbuckling Sentai

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:48 pm
I second the question about fliers o: Also, can natural abilities be used here? i.e. Aksaja's shapeshifting XDD  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:08 pm
Levi's natural ability allows her to jump to heights equivalent to flight. She just has to be able to return back to the ground xD; Is she able to attack the Red Boss given this?  

nekoluch

Tricky Pants

x_Nata_x

Interesting Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:02 pm
Questions about / Info for the Fanfic contest

Just a few questions for staffers who have professors!

1. What are some of the struggles your character went through as a student?
2. Could you describe for me their personality in a few things they might do in a regular day?
3. Is there anything important you think I should know, whether it be about their past, or their ONE TRUE LOVE, etc?
4. Could you list a few random likes/dislikes?
5. Did Caelius need a golem, since he made an appearance in the train during Christmas? Was he there regularly, or just there for a brief 'mission' period? Was Deux even running at that point?
6. Did Dr H and/or Clarice go to Halloweentown?
7. Sexual orientations plox? And if they had a crush, and you're ok with that reveal, plz also? (If they didn't have one, that's fine!)
8. How did your Student!Professor act around the others?
9. Did your student enjoy school?
10. Did they have any insecurities?
11. How about pets?
12. How does Helma feel about you? BURNING HATRED or only MILD BURNING HATRED?

Feel free to answer all or none, anything will help ;;; Ty guys~  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:21 pm
x_Nata_x

Feel free to answer all or none, anything will help ;;; Ty guys~

1. Cricket has always been infested with bugs and a bit of an anti-social person. That mixed with the fact she would purposely try to sabotage her fellow classmates to try and use them a 'patients' is well...she wasn't the post popular student of them all.
2. Oh lord. Go out on a long walk somewhere to collect insect specimens, hit up the library to see if there are any hexbooks on FEARhealing, neglect her homework, pick on Arel....seems about it.
3. Um, Cricket's markings are alive and will move independently of her. Likewise, if a limb were to come off, it could actually move on it's own with little to no pain. Albeit, it probably hurt more when she was younger.
4. Cricket, in all strangeness, dislikes the ocean. Or rather, she really dislikes fish. While it would be temporary, they are able to devour her because she is rather...bug-like in mass. This extends to disliking salt water or even anything salty. Flip side, she likes classical novels such as Frankenstein and the Count of Monte Cristo.
5. IDEK
6. IDEK
7. Cricket says LOL. She's anti-spawn. However, she does seem to be preferenceless with inclinations towards certain individuals. At best, those would be Arel and Red (SOB, RED, WHYYY).
8. Cricket had her favorites (as previously mentioned) and definitely was warmer towards them than she would have been other individuals. Her relationship with Hellma is one mostly based on respect from the school nurse, rather than any 'kinship'.
9. Um. Not the classes. She enjoyed the more twisted things that being in a facility could give her. Y'know... she was sort of that classmate that did all the questionable things. Not outright bad, but you had to wonder if she'd be a serial killer someday.
10. The idea of having to function in society as like.. -a real adult- is something that terrified Cricket when she was younger. If it isn't painfully obvious, that may be why the school still possesses her, even when now she's a very skilled FEARhealer and could strike it out on her own outside of the building. The school is her home, she couldn't leave it.
11. Cricket owns a Green Dream scareon named Ginko and a White Prism Scareon named Kurogi. Ginko is male, Kurogi is female. Ginko is less...shy about people and could be played with easily, Kurogi will hide form strangers.  

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:09 pm

Hellma (was a student at one point, maybe more) struggles with adapting to a new body. Their weakness become her weaknesses quite easily, but it takes a long time to be able to take advantage of their strength, let along maintain her own personal abilities.

Dr. H was wanted in several countries under other names, and this made him feel quite misunderstood.

Beyond her issues coming into Deus Ex, Clarice had a lot of problems when it came to summoning and wielding her sword, Hraegar. Especially in places like hallways. Hallways outside Cael's office. There is a reason why she never goes unhooded around him or corrects him when he calls her by the wrong name.

2. Could you describe for me their personality in a few things they might do in a regular day?

Hellma: Patrol the school hallways. Search lockers for cider in need of confiscating. Feeding the Bin. Balancing school finances via paycuts.

Dr. H: TROLOLOLOLOL

Clarice: Compete in the Life Hunter Training Arena almost daily, checking and resetting various sections of other division training areas. Feeding and observing minipets. Handle pretty much everything else H feels he's too important for, or she feel's he's too much of a jerk for.

3. Is there anything important you think I should know, whether it be about their past, or their ONE TRUE LOVE, etc?

No ~ not at all ~

Hellma's are already listed but ~

Dr. H: dislikes Caelius, likes being smarter than you and bringing this up, dislikes wasting resources, likes young (female) trainees, likes shamelessly rubbing other people's failures and disabilities in their face, likes his Marie, dislikes sleeping in clothes, likes water, likes minipets

Clarice: likes puzzles, likes designing things that work, likes knowing what is happening, dislikes being unaware of things or being caught by surprise, dislikes Dr. H, dislikes Caelius, likes sour candies

5. Did Caelius need a golem, since he made an appearance in the train during Christmas? Was he there regularly, or just there for a brief 'mission' period? Was Deux even running at that point?

He did need a golem whenever he was there for more than a few hours. He was there regularly as a school staff member. Deus has been running, in some form or another, for centuries. However, recent breakthroughs have allowed them to gain a much more powerful position in the last few years.

Yes, frequently. Clarice has never been there in person, but often while golem testing and for her own missions, and occasionally just to get away from the labs. H has been there in person and often via golem.

7. Sexual orientations plox? And if they had a crush, and you're ok with that reveal, plz also? (If they didn't have one, that's fine!)

Hellma: no specific orientation.

H: Straight, despite the torrid stories trainees like to come with concerning him and Caelius.

Clarice: Mostly straight. Ish.

Dr. H: the same way he acts now

Clarice: same way she acts now + a lot of wtf is this even

Hellma: very much

Dr. H: not at all

Clarice: not at all

Hellma: this is classified

Dr. H: yes, but they were inevitably crushed by his ego

Clarice: a few that she tries not to show. She feels very insecure when it comes to appearing insecure.

11. How about pets?

Hellma: Unlucky Wish

Dr. H: labs full of minipets ~ but he has a fondness for reptiles as well

Clarice: tries not to name animals, subjects, or take on pets for herself

Only the greatest of admiration, really.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:47 pm
Amon Larethian
question for space thread

The rules say that meele attacks have different modifiers depending on what part you attack, but what about ranged attacks? Sheridan's natural ability is a breath weapon of plasma ice, but I'm not sure how to calculate what damage that would do. Also is there any change for those who can fly?

No difference for ranged attacks, else the battle will be WAAAAAY too complicated. If a character has an ability that lets them attack at a range, then yes they can use it. ALL natural abilities use the regular battle mechanics. Natural abilities are just there for RP flair.

No change in modifiers for those that fly. Red is a moving target in the air, after all~ When flying, even moving the tiniest bit can offthrow an entire creature -- ever flown a kite and twitched a string, only to have the entire thing plummet? Yeah. Flying isn't as easy as it looks. |D

Manda
I second the question about fliers o: Also, can natural abilities be used here? i.e. Aksaja's shapeshifting XDD

Natural abilities can be used at any time in any place unless specifically stated otherwise, ie caught in a hunter's net.

nekoluch
Levi's natural ability allows her to jump to heights equivalent to flight. She just has to be able to return back to the ground xD; Is she able to attack the Red Boss given this?

I'd imagine that if she jumped straight from the battlefield up that'd be a bit unbelievable, however there ARE lots and lots of rock spires around. It wouldn't surprise me of she jumped up those and then attempted to jump onto a certain boss' back... >____>

x_Nata_x

AHAHAH OH MAN I wrote a lot, sorry! ;;;;

Red had a hard time fitting in -- she transferred to Amityville midyear and had to adjust to the new learning environment. She was quite attracted to trouble, and spent many hours in the Princess Corner. While you're supposed to reflect on what you did wrong, Red quite often thought about what went wrong and how to avoid it in the future.

The resulting glitter that came from being in the Princess Corner bothered her. It was nigh impossible to get out of her fur, so one of the things she learned ASAP was to shift into her Reaper/human-like form completely, save for the fangs just to avoid having extra glitter stuck to her.

Aside from getting into mischief when bored, Red actually started a club. It was... really just a glorified version of tag, but it gave her an excuse to run around and have fun without having to worry about getting caught. Apparently if you're doing it for an approved club, you don't get into trouble as much. Sometimes. >_>a

Small thing, but Red is actually a white werewolf. Her nickname comes from her red eyes and red hair in her humanoid form. Otherwise, Red is a nickname that she goes by. Her fullname is a complete mystery~

Likes: Running around, getting away with breaking the rules, hanging out, getting other people into trouble...

Dislikes: Homework, getting caught, off-tune music, glitter...

Red played both sides of the field when she was young, though as she settled down/matured she became mostly hetero.

Obnoxious. Red was more talk than action, and quite often was called on to live up to her boasts. She was the sort of student you'd expect to see in the Princess Corner on a regular basis, or at least have her very own Princess Hat. Which she totes did. Even if it was an unofficial one. :<

The work/studying part? Not really. Red was quite restless as a student; she wanted to go out and do things. It's a miracle that she wasn't expelled. For too long, at least. Suspended? Oh yes. Being suspended and skipping class because she had to wasn't as fun as skipping class when she wasn't supposed to, though.

Lots! What if I fail? What if I get kicked out? What if the glitter is permanent this time? What if trying to wash the glitter out makes it worse again? What if he doesn't like me? What if I bomb this test? What if, what if, what if...?

She wouldn't share these with people, though. She'd bottle them up, trying to keep up with the role of being a tough I-can-handle-it werewolf. After all, werewolves don't keep their eyes on the skies and worry about whether or not it'll rain. They just run. 'sides, there are more important things to worry about, like that tree you would've run into if you kept staring at the sky, right?

11. How about pets?
Keean! The closest minipet to her would be the violet prism drake. Red trained her to be her eyes and ears in the sky and help her out with mischief, and she'd go on to help Red as a Boogeyman too. Keean was lost during a mission, though -- Red never kept another minipet after that, and thus banned them from her gym unless they were a Reaper's familiar or part of a Fear attack. /tmyk

Possibly held Red in the same regard that Nio holds Canon Cats and I hold Kyuubeys in. "Oh. It's you again. *seethe* WHY AM I NOT SURPRISED."  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 10:56 pm
Space thread death question:

I know pumpkin pills dissipate with characters when they die, but do they come back with them when they are revived? o ho ho

I would assume no, but a**, u, me, yeah heart  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:26 pm
Smerdle
Space thread death question:

I know pumpkin pills dissipate with characters when they die, but do they come back with them when they are revived? o ho ho

I would assume no, but a**, u, me, yeah heart

Yes, they do dissipate with characters upon death as mentioned earlier -- but they DO come back with characters! They're not auto-consumed.  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:51 pm
This is more out of curiosity than anything but if someone were to have a permadeath would their emblems disappear as well? I mean the ones they've given to others.  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games