Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Staff Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:04 pm
A sincere artist is not one who makes a
faithful attempt to put on to canvas
what is in front of him, but one who tries to create something
which is,in itself, a living thing.

User Image
User Image

Tanna walked into the Great Hall right as the first years were being led in and took the closest seat she could find to avoid being the odd person out. She spotted Amata talking with the Ravenclaw Head and grinned when she remembered that her friend was now the Gryffindor Head. She thought the Mythology professor was a wonderful successor and was happy for her and still especially grateful for her participation in her wedding. Just thinking about that special day had her gaze down at the ring on her left finger and smile but also feel a pull of longing for her husband in London. Her job here at Hogwarts was a dream, especially considering she never thought she would ever see the school let alone get the chance to teach here, but at the same time she thought about how hard it would be to start a family now. Just thinking about what that would imply, pregnancy, babies, children, placed a gentle blush on her cheeks and a flutter in her stomach. She wanted children with Joey, she couldn't deny that, but could they live with the distance?

[Wearing: Welcome Back] [With: Professors] [Where: Great Hall~Staff Table] [Feeling: Happy] [Thinking:~] [OOC:]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 3:52 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Great Hall - Staff Table

Landon was happy to be back at work. Though, the idea of leaving his niece was surprisingly tougher than he had initially thought. If he didn’t find a girl of his own he should really just adopt though with him being at work most of the year it probably wouldn’t work out. Granted at the rate things were going he’d end up being her legal guardian anyways.

Walking into the great hall Landon scanned the facility table. He saw most if not all the professors he was well acquainted with as well as a new professor. It was a nice feeling to know that more people were willing to work in the educational field. They could certainly use more of them. Taking a seat just as the students were being sorted he smiled. How many Hufflepuffs would they get this year?

With: Other professors...

Wearing: Professional

OOC: ---  

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:11 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

$Bréanainn Cian Conri$
Charm's Professor(4-7)||Former Gryffindor||Former Quidditch Player

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

"I'm well aware. I mean, I probably wouldn't have if I was a healer eit'er, but hey, I was a Quidditch Player. Traded privacy for the ability to have fun," he said to her, shrugging his shoulders back at her. "Well...if t'at's truly what you wanted. Present me wouldn't have liked it as much, but I would never have known you; so..." he said to her, glad that that was not the case. He would've loved for her to be successful in Quidditch truly, but that would mean, he would probably would've never met her in the first place, which didn't sound appealing to him. Well...unless he played her during a Quidditch match, where they probably would've been destroyed, like they had been all the other times his team had played them, but Bréanainn, knowing himself, probably would still have made advances towards the woman, but probably would've been denied on the spot.

"I don't know...I just don't see you as the kind of woman t'at can hold her liquor. I don't know why...maybe you can for all I know," he said to her, really not sure. Like he had said before, she didn't look like the kind of woman that could, but there have been some women in his life that were surprisingly good at it, like his mother of course. His mother was a petite woman, but somehow could drink with the best of them.

"I was kidding..." he admitted to her, shaking his head and chuckling. And at this point, he couldn't say much more because the students were actually starting to file in. So, he would have to speak in a rather hushed tone from then on. She did manage to ask him a question before the students started to get into the Hall.

"Well...I don't know...a cat, a dog...anyt'ing but a vulture really," he said quietly, laughing a bit. It was true. The last thing he would've expected, if thought of at all, would've been a vulture. It was crazy that the woman even found one to have. He wasn't sure if they seriously sold those in the U.S, but he was pretty sure they didn't. Then again, he only ever had been in Northeast region, and she was from the southeast: right? Maybe they did.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:05 pm
User ImagexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxUser Image

Well let's see, I'm At the staff table
I feel super cute in Ruby, white and black
I'm currently with and talking too Landon, other professors
Welp I'm thinking of It's a new year!

Attina was a little late she supposed, since many professors were already there. And that the sorting had started. She made her way, with her hair down and bouncy, towards the seat on the staff table platform where she would sit. She listened for the sorting hat's voice as she sat and smirked. So far not many had been sorted. And it seemed that people were still coming in from the carriages. Which was alright, she supposed. As she sat, she looked over and smiled at the other professors. And tuned into the one she had sat next too. "How are you, Professor Price?" She asked curiously. But also rather teasing since she had called him professor. They were the same age... But she didn't remember him from their school years which was interesting.

murruelecreuset

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:20 pm
User Image

"Chrissy"
Christina Anna Dechering
Healing Professor of Hogwarts
Metamorphagus

Born in Georgia, U.S.A. on October 15, 2002
Wand: Rigid, with a spiraled shaft, 11 3/8 inches, Mahogany, Pegasus Wing Feather
Former Chameleon Dorm Member at the Salem Institute of Witchfract and Wizardry
Emotional State: Content/a bit tired/Happy
Looking: Brunette and Professionaly Dressed

Currently it is Academic Year of 2027-2028xxx

“Ah, but who said I didn’t have fun?” Professor Dechering said with a raised brow. “I know all the best places in Boston to go to. And some places in Cambridge too if you wanted to hang out with the muggle crowd. All those Harvard and MIT students. Well, the MIT ones tended to be a bit more interesting sort. But regardless… it is all about balance in your life. If all you have is work you are bound to be stressed out.”

She decided to ignore the Irish man’s defense of his comment about her being able to hold her liquor as she took another sip of her water with a smile. And raised a brow when he said he was kidding about the poltergeist comment, “Ah, but I wasn’t. Not entirely. I’m getting bored sitting at home as much as I do anymore. At least in the summer I have the time to go out at night-I just haven’t been. Maybe I could visit London during the holidays or something. I’d like to think my cousin will be heading back home for the holidays to do whatever it is Canadians do with infinite amount of snow and ice. Play hockey I guess?”

She shrugged and then when he suggested what he did expect Christina said without a hint of hesitation and deadly serious. “I’m not fond of cats at all. And my sister hates them. I have yet to meet a cat that likes either of us in the slightest. The feeling is mutual I assure you.” She sighed, leaning forward as the first years began to be sorted, “Besides, assumptions are hardly a good thing. Then again, when you walked into my office I assumed you were a more direct person. Don’t they say Gryffindors aren’t intimidated by anything?” She raised a brow and said, “Or did I get the houses of Hogwarts explained to me wrongly? After all Salem has a very different sorting system.”

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:11 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

There was one professor Landon noticed wasn't there yet and was a little concerned. It wasn't until he saw her coming in a little late that he was completely happy about the scene in front of him. "Well hello there Professor Elliott, mind if I ask why we're being so professional this evening?" he asked with a smile. "And I'm doing well, good to be back. How are you this evening?" Landon remembered only a few people from his years at Hogwarts and Attina may not have been one of them. However, he definitely wanted to know her a lot better then he did.

With: Other professors... Attina

shabatha

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 8:57 pm

$Bréanainn Cian Conri$

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

"When I say the ability to have fun, I mean more t'at I got to go our literally every day if I wanted. Had a lot of freedom, because practice was only a few hours...you know. Of course, instead of going out like everyone else did, I read scouting reports on my next opponents. Because like I said, I only went out after games," he admitted to her, shrugging his shoulders...forgetting to address what she said about balance, but instead just solemnly nodded to the fact so she knew he agreed to it and it was reasonable.

He noted that she just stayed silent about the whole drinking thing. He figured he hit a nerve with that one so he wouldn't really press any further on the matter. He didn't want to anger her at all. He actually didn't know what she would get angry with, mainly because he had never made her truly angry. He probably made her annoyed at some point, but never really angry.

When she said she wasn't kidding, all he could do was let out a chuckle. The fact that she was serious about that made him wonder what kind of crazy things she would seriously go for. "You should've owl'd me if you were seriously bored. I would've got you out of t'e house. I actually prefer the muggle text messaging t'ough. I invested in a phone. O' course, don't have it wit' me here because it doesn't work here, but I have one at home. So much faster really," he admitted to her, wondering if she had one. Not many wizards had one to be honest, but Bréanainn really used just to keep in touch with any muggle friends he's made at any time...and since he got it awhile ago...he really had it in case he went out and was talking to a muggle girl.

"And I did notice a lot of hockey when I went to Canada. T'ey really do play a lot of it," he said to her, laughing. Plus, since he always enjoyed muggle sports, he sometimes went to see some of the American Football games in London. They were always interesting. Didn't seem to skillful of a sport at times, but one definitely had to be athletic. If there was one thing that American had going for them...it was definitely their athleticism. They were just so much bigger, faster, and stronger than a lot of the other countries. Truth be told, if football(soccer) was the only sport in America, they'd probably be a powerhouse, just like their women's team, who were very impressive.

And it seemed as soon as he said the word 'cat', her demeanor changed completely. It was crazy how fast the woman can go from a smile to a look of seriousness that seemed almost unbreakable. And when she started talking, he began to realize her true distaste for cats. He hadn't realized she was like that. He truly would've never said anything if he knew. "Okay, okay, I get it, you don't like cats at all," he said to her, in his defense. He then listened as she seemed to think he was intimidated by the vulture that lived within her office. "I'm not really intimidated by your vulture. I just didn't expect you of all people to have a vulture. Because let's be serious, I don't t'ink when you meet someone t'at you instantly say 'Oh, t'ey must have a vulture,' he admitted to her, chuckling at the thought. "And yes, Gryffindors are very much known for t'eir bravado, courage, and sometimes...mischievous nature," he told her, saying the last part with a smile. He had been mischievous at times during his days at Hogwarts. Of course, he couldn't be too much of a mischief maker because of his prefect status. "What is Salem's sortin' system anyway?"

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:02 pm

Attina smiled at the look of relief that seemed to cross his face. That was an interesting thing indeed. The Gryffindor proceeded to chuckle as he asked why they were both so professional. It was obvious that the other teachers were definitely more dressy than professional, but hey! They were allowed to wear whatever they wanted too. "Well, I don't know about you, but I tend to dress to impress all the time. I actually don't think I own much clothing that isn't professional in some way. What about you?" She asked thoughtfully but also chuckling. She noticed how happy he looked when he replied about being back, but maybe she was looking to far into it. "I'm doing quite well. It is good to be back, but it's rather boring at my home. Rowan likes to be off to see his girlfriend and I tend to stay home alone. Rather boring..." She said with a sigh.

murruelecreuset

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:24 am
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

Landon chuckled at Attina’s response. “I was talking about our greetings but I would say the same about the clothes. Granted I try to be on somewhat the same level as my students since I am teaching a flying class.” He told her with a smile. Looking at the sorting Landon realized that already quite a few had made it into Hufflepuff and Gryffindor.

Clapping for each student like he was supposed to the flying professor looked back to his colleague. “Rowan’s in his seventh year, I’m not surprised he’d be off with his girlfriend.” He told her before thinking Emma. “I’ve had a more eventful summer with my niece staying at my place. She’s a sweet heart and I actually felt bad for leaving for the school year.” Landon said hoping she would be alright. Granted her mother would be there but he didn’t want her father questioning Emma’s location, not that he’d honestly do anything.

With: Other professors... Attina

shabatha

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 8:16 am
User Image

"Chrissy"
Christina Anna Dechering
Metamorphagus

Wand: Rigid, with a spiraled shaft, 11 3/8 inches, Mahogany, Pegasus Wing Feather

Already growing bored of discussing their extracurricular hobbies when they were younger and not professors, she more or less ignored him as he answered about his days and then raised a brow when he chuckled at her comment about not joking about using the lines in dating and then he gave the reasonable response about owling. "Ah, but I don't have an owl. And neither does my sister. I think it would be vulture-ed if I did want to contact you. And, I could have gotten out of the house if I wanted to. I can always find a date if I want one. And, I started going to a muggle church nearby our place-well sort of nearby-every now and again with Sophie. Thought it might be a nice change of pace. As for text messaging-it takes way too bloody long. I do have an old fashioned house phone though because it is easiest to contact my mom back home. But, I can always find things to entertain me if I want. And my cousin goes out quite a bit so I could have acted as chaperon just as easily as Sophie could-granted we just say it is a 'girl's night out' because we are young enough to not be obvious chaperons to a 19 year old. But she is family. You always take care of family no matter what. Family is everything and always comes before any other mortal."

She smiled, "Okay, maybe I have spent too many Sundays in church lately. Regardless, it is nice to hear the same things you grew up with-even if you grew up in a family that picked and chose their way through religious doctrine."

"Actually cats don't like my sister or I. And the same was true of our father," She said with a shrug. "It is a family enemy or something." She made a small tsk and looked back at him as he misunderstood her statement about being intimidated by her vulture.

"One my pet's name is Lullaby and he's a sweetheart so I wasn't referring to him. I think you are intimidated by me. You spend all this time trying to wrap your mind around what I do or say you lost track of why you went into that office in the first place," She said with a shrug. "And, I will have you know I am very much the type people look at and instantly think 'she has a vulture'. Right?" She smiled and shook her head and replied about Salem's sorting, "Roughly the same sort of house concept as Gryffindor. Though we have six houses. I was a Chameleon. My sister was a Coyote. Oh, and the owner of the Magic Neep where my sister works is also a Salem Alum-he was a lynx I believe. I have trouble seeing him as a Swan and not cunning enough to be a Spider. He seems like a Lynx. We have our own preconceived notions about houses just like you lot do. Though, we don't just cast one house off as much as 'evil' as people do with the house of Slytherin at Hogwarts. As for how we sort, that's a school secret. But if you ever pay attention the American magical education system includes the Pre-Wiz schools and we have to take the PRESA before entering Salem."

She shrugged and said before ending with a chuckle and half turning her attention to the sorting, "Anyways Gryffindors may be known for all that but I know you at this point to be a bit full of yourself, a bit yellow-bellied, not the sharpest knife in the drawer, and easily distracted to the point it is boring sometimes. Oh, how your fan girls and fan boys from your quidditch days must mourn the days when you were at least somewhat more entertaining and were prone to make bad personal decisions more often."

RedEagleEye007

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 9:20 am

$Bréanainn Cian Conri$

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Bréanainn just kept listening for a few moments as she talked about everything that pertained to her family, not really having much to say on the matter. "Yes, I know you can find a date Christina, you are a beautiful woman after all," he said and nodding to her comment on family, which had been true to every sense of the word. That comment on family truly was one of the only reasons he was still living with his brother. He always had this prevailing sense of kindness towards his family that was at times unparalleled. He even set his mother up with the nicest of homes in one of the best wizarding neighborhoods. She was the number one lady in his life and he made sure to take care of her. That truly was one of the reasons why he went into Quidditch; so he could generate the money to do such a thing. This was a fact not known by anyone but his brother, who always questioned his line of work and the reason why Bréanainn had never went into something a little more practical, such as a Hit Wizard, who yes, made great money, but not enough for him to seriously pay for two lives.

"It is nice t'at you go to church. There really aren't many wizards who do t'at kind of t'ing anymore. It has great teachings on morals to be honest," he admitted to her, shrugging his shoulder. He never knew if any of the stories were truly correct, but actually wizardry would explain a lot of the stories. He didn't really know, but all of the morals in religious texts were quite amorous and very adoptable.

He chuckled as she talked more about cats, which he understood. He himself didn't like cats, but maybe not to the degree that Christina had disliked them. He was rather particular to dogs, but he truthfully never had one; so he didn't know if he would like a dog or not. He liked the loyalty of a dog though. They always stuck by their owners as long as they were properly taken care of. This loyalty was a big drawing point of a dog...and the fact that they were big enough to actually protect someone was nice.

He had misunderstood what she had said about intimidation very greatly and she instantly pointed out the fact. She thought he was intimidated by her...which in his defense, may or may not be the right observation. He didn't think it was intimidation at all, but he honestly didn't know what it was. He just knew that it wasn't intimidation.

"And I never associated t'e Slytherin house wit' evil. One of my best friends growing up was a Slytherin. I don't see it as evil ever. Maybe the traits lead to a potential of being t'at way, and maybe t'at was the way Salazar wanted it, but it seems t'at t'e Slytherins are ambitious, just like t'e Gryffindors, but have a more keen sense of self-preservation and selfishness to fit along wit' t'at. And selfishness isn't always negative truth be told. And that's not to say a Gryffindor can't be selfish either," he admitted to her, listening to the rest of what she had to say. And to say what followed annoyed him a bit was an understatement. He had a thick skin, but when it came to people seriously saying that he was unintelligent, he drew the line, but he didn't say a word about it. He wasn't the most intelligent man in the world, and he accepted that fact, but he wasn't unintelligent either. but alas, he bit his tongue, fearing that he might say something that he would regret.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:17 pm

Attina flushed as the other said he had meant greetings. Oops. She chuckled at her own stupidity, before messing with a strand of her hair. "Oops? Hmm, I dunno but I didn't exactly think I had permission to call you by your first name." She said thoughtful. Of course she was teasing, but if he took it as she wasn't then... Oh well? The professor chuckled. "Well, in Advanced Flying you are able to be a bit more lenient. But in Transfigurations? It depends on the class. Since you need to be absolutely concentrated for the spells to not backfire. So... I suppose that causes an effect for professionalism." She said shrugging.

When he commented about her nephew, she sighed. "Yes well, I sort of miss him being a young one. The boy who enjoyed learning what I could teach him while his parents had me watch him." She said reminiscent. She clapped for each student and raised an eyebrow at the name Snow. And at the Barrington child. Was professor Barrington's daughter in Hogwarts now? "I think it must be my imagination that there is another Snow child... Didn't one just graduate?" She asked thoughtfully. Someone was either busy, or didn't know how to control themselves. With a roll of her eyes she looked back over as Landon mentioned his niece. "She sounds adorable. How old is she?" She asked curiously.

murruelecreuset

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 10:53 pm
User Image

"Chrissy"
Christina Anna Dechering
Metamorphagus

"Hmm? Maybe you should go sometime to church with me?" Chrissy joked. "As for the oddity of my choice in going occasionally, I did grow up pretty close to the Bible Belt if not practically in it. Almost everyone went to church-at least for muggles. I grew up in a muggle town after all, despite my parents being magical. It was more laid back that way."

She sighed as Bréanainn argued that selfishness wasn't always negative. "I disagree. I'd have probably stayed in the states and gone for quidditch if I was selfish. Who cares about repercussions and all that?" She shook her head, "I have yet to see how true selfishness could ever be good, Professor Conri," She added firmly and sighed, "Anyways that is a depressing enough topic. And I'm not going any deeper into that."

She picked up her glass of water took a long sip and smiled her eyes turning green, "So, Professor Conri, if you aren't intimidated by me why exactly did you walk into my office and asked me to go to Hogsmeade with you when you did. You know how I said if I got bored enough I could always leave? I'm getting bored. I have the patience of a squirrel after all."

She shrugged and took another sip of her water before placing it on the table and said more professionally as her eyes darkened to a dark blue, "Anyways, how many of these first years do you think will take my course? Any look promising?"

RedEagleEye007

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:25 am
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Dating Grayson Powell
                                                          Looking Lovely at the Staff Table with Professors
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Calm
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ Another year... ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

The rain is fallin' on my windowpanes, დ დ დxxx
                                                          But we are hiding in a safer place. დ დ დxxxxxx
                                                          Under covers staying dry and warm; დ დ დxxxxxxxxx
                                                          You give me feelings that I adore. დ დ დxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceAmata shook her head at Angel, chuckling faintly through smiling lips. "I'll hold off on counting; I have a feeling the moment I do, all hell will break loose," she told him. "As for new tricks... well, I'd be disappointed if they hadn't. Not that I'm condoning it, but I do like to think that the creativity required to come up with new ways to cause trouble hasn't faded out." There had been a time, long ago, when Amata had wondered about why Gryffindor house was so known for trouble; when she'd arrived at school, she'd figured it out soon enough. It wasn't that the Gryffindors misbehaved more than anyone else... they just tended to get caught more. It might not be an official trait of the house, but impatience ran rampant through their ranks. A distinct lack of subtly was also notable among the lions. Ravenclaws and Slytherins, at least in her days, had been a bit more clever in their machinations, and gotten caught significantly less often. Hufflepuffs... well, they were a mixed bag, really. Ciaran certainly hadn't been well-behaved, but then, he'd been best friends with her, after all. She liked to think that he was a little less than half a Gryffindor himself.

spaceThe Ravenclaw's comment on the usefulness of her subject matter caused her to let out a rather abrupt, barking sort of laugh. The blonde flushed lightly at the realization of how loud it'd been, and she shook her head. "I have a feeling that I might get in a bit of trouble for that one. But, it's not a completely awful idea," she told him. Really, she doubted if cleaning a Hopping Pot from the inside out would do much to encourage good behavior. When she'd been a student, the professors who came up with the 'creative' punishments had been her least favorite. It'd always seemed cruel to her. She greatly preferred simply writing lines or cleaning a classroom. She'd also had a penchant for attempting to get revenge on the professors who had her do anything else, which of course led to further detentions... how had she been made head of house, again? Surely Steele had looked at her track record.

spaceShe pursed her lips at Angel's method of dealing with troublesome students, arching a brow at him. "Hm, that explains your prefect selections," she said with an amused smirk. "Not that I know anything about who you picked this year, but, last year's... the girl. I have her younger brother in my lesson, I've overheard quite a lot about her. She seems like a handful." Amata generally tried to avoid eavesdropping on her students private conversations, but there were times when Echo Lovette was positively impossible not to hear... usually when he was complaining about his older sister. And, she had done a fair bit of snooping around and listening to the gossip once she'd been made head of house, simply because she felt like she had to know what was going on with her students. And, of course, it was impossible to hear anything about her own house without also hearing about the others. "But then, I've also heard that she wasn't the only one; apparently it was one student per house last year. They're all friends, and troublemakers, at least that's what I overhear about them. Was it a plot, then? I seem to recall Mr. Lovette theorizing that you lot were trying to make them all act more responsibly." Alright, so maybe she listened in a bit more than she cared to admit... it wasn't her fault that sometimes she just happened to overhear something that peaked her interest. And she was fond of Echo and Tanya, it shouldn't come as a surprise that she paid attention to them. Professors weren't supposed to have favorites... but she was pretty sure all of them did. It was sort of hard to avoid.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxxდ დ დ It starts in my toes, makes me crinkle my nose.
                                                          xxxxxxდ დ დ Wherever it goes, I always know
                                                          xxxxxxxxxდ დ დ That you make me smile, please stay for a while.
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxxდ დ დ Just take your time, wherever you go.

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Essy ze Ninja

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:34 am
Professor of Alchemy
..........Ravenclaw Head of House
"The cycle of life only goes one direction,
not even alchemy can change that."

╔══════════════╗
The Great Hall
Staff Table
Start-of-Term Feast 2027

╚══════════════╝

Well, Angel had certainly been right about one thing; the company certainly made time fly by. He almost felt a pang of worry, however, when the thought of where Grayson Powell was had briefly entered his mind. He wasn't entirely oblivious, and the students and portrait alike often gossiped of the affairs of the professors. But, like most humans, Grayson was a creature of habit and would probably arrive fashionably late to the feast with just enough time to witness the welcome speech. ”Be careful what you wish for,” he mused amiably. After all, last year had been relatively quiet on Gryffindors end. They were due for an upstart or rebellion of some fashion.

”Oh rubbish, I've heard worse.” His laughter echoed hers as he waved a hand of nonchalance. Wasn't an old professor of Dumbledore's time rumored to have transfigured a student into a ferret? Surely, enlarging a cauldron or shrinking a student couldn't be that bad. Could it? It could hardly be compared to using the Forbidden Forest as a punishment tool, and it certainly had to be better than cleaning the entirety of the Great Hall after a festival or feast. But that was all so droll; Angel preferred to kick things up a notch, add a charm or two, making things interesting. If the student could figure out the spell and disarm it, then they've learned something, applied it, and finished their detention in half the time of a standard quill-to-parchment line writing.

”Aaah, so you've heard?” He smiled wickedly and nodded his head. ”Each one has something to learn from it just as others should learn from them.” He nodded again, this time more enthused than cordial. He tried to hide his laugh behind his goblet as he paused to drink. ”Gypsy Lovette?” He asked, just to be sure. But who else could it have been? When Amata reaffirmed the younger brother's suspicions, he snorted out laughter between his breaths. ”Well, he's certainly not off —that must mean it's working.” And it certainly had, in a way. ”Maybe more for some than others.” He mumbled more to himself than her; meanwhile, he trained his eyes on the young metamorphagus in question already rallying the first years while a newly appointed prefect sat in private discussion with a girl whom he distinctly could not remember. It only took him a moment to realize who and why. ”It's brilliant how the houses are intermingling more and more over the years.” He commented offhandedly. ”Both of our houses seem to have acquired a few stragglers...” He pointed out with a subtle nod.

[OOC: ]

Juan Angel Amorocho
User Image User Image User Image

Cara MiaKitty

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games