Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:24 pm
Marko James

I may not fully SEE you....
I may not fully HEAR you..

User Image ````Marko looked at the lamp, before sighing. " I am nervous....no I not..?' He said, before looking once again out at the lamp. "Is that the...castle..." He asked, pointing at some lights across the lake.
But I KNOW you are there.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:26 pm
User Image

Joseph Luxton
Unsorted First Year

"Oh she sounds like a nice dog. Breed?" Joseph asked curiously.
Joseph wasn't a big fan of dogs, its not that he hates certain types of animals, he jsut prefered cats over dogs.

Looking over the water, the castle was getting bigger, so they were getting closer.
"What house do you think you'll be in Juniper?" Joseph asked hoping he hadn't already asked.

M i n i R e d S t a r s

M i n i R e d S t a r s

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:32 pm
User Image

Annabelle Humphrey
Unsorted First Year

As Mark spoke Annabelle looked over the water and saw the castle getting closer.
"Yeah, I think thats it right up ahead." she said to him and smiled and felt the excitment flow through her body.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:37 pm
User Image
User Image
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Rue blinked in surprise. She hadn't expected him to know what that word meant. "Scitis Latine?" The question came out in Latin, and she quickly revised it. "You know Latin?" It would've been rude to speak in a different language in the company of more than two. Shina was sitting next to them after all, so English would have to be the main language spoken.

Elliot's rendition of the day he got his letter felt rushed. It was apparent that the breath he took didn't help too much. "My parents were practically estatic. They had gone to Hogwarts themselves and loved it, so I'm really excited that I was accepted." Her gaze left the other's to look to the floorboards, a shadow falling over her eyes shortly. "There was a little bit of a... disagreement within the immediate family on my father's side. But dad wouldn't let their nastiness ruin it, so the next day we went shopping in Diagon and had a blast." The darkness left her eyes and she was grinning again. She thought of her relatives, thinking briefly about their reactions about the letter. One side had been against Rue's acceptance the moment they heard of it, wanting to tear the letter up and burn it. The other was overjoyed that she was going to Hogwarts. She brought her mind out of her thoghts and returned to the present. " Your sister is meeting up with you? I bet that'll be fun! And wow, all the way to Japan? I'd never thought of going out of Diagon to look for my wand."

Rutam marveled at Elliot's and Shina's wands and decided to retrieve hers. "Hazel Wood with the mane of a Kelpie core." She informed them, her wand's tip hovering near Shina's wand-tip. It was warm in her hand, as if it was letting her know that it liked her. Rue's grin spread into a soft smile. "What kind of pet's do you have? Mine is a Half-Kneazle Savannah Cat; though she's more kitten than cat really. Her name is Fera-gemma. I hope we get to the castle soon. Fera doesn't like cages and I hate locking her up in one for too long..." Her eyes glanced upward to the approaching castle then returned to Shina and Elliot.

User Image
User Image

(( OOC: Whoops! Stupid me can't remember the difference between 'breath' and 'breathe'. Sorry, fixed it.
And I'm sorry the post took so long to, well, post. ))

Nova_Cattus

Mythical Shapeshifter

Catastrophic Ecstasy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:07 pm
"Ah he, only a little. I know smatterings of several languages, unfortunately Latin is one I know random bits and pieces of. For example, I know that pharos means bringer, and is where we got the name Lucifer - for luce is one way of saying light, and the two words combined make Lightbringer, or with the way we so often tend to mangle languages even if they are our own, Lucifer." Bloody fantastic, now he was babbling. He rubbed the back of his head sheepishly, then tried to cheer the girl up.
"And at least you know your family. Aside from my mum, da, and older sister, I don't know anyone. My parents cut ties with all of their family long before i was born and I've never met anyone else." Whoops, it seemed that his bringing his wand out and using it to busy his hands had started them reciting what their wands were. He gave them a quick flash of a smile as both showed their wands off, then brought his own wand up and held the tip near theirs.
"Alder with Ashwinder Ash for the core. Got told its really good for defensive magics." He did allow a bigger grin that lasted for longer when Rue talked about her kitten. He tucked his wand away into the pocket that was holding his textbook, and started rummaging around in another one. "Lazy little guy is deep asleep right now or he would have started making nose." Sharp teeth clamped onto his finger and he bit his lip to keep from crying out, then pulled that hand out. Dangling from the end was a tiny black kitten, worrying on his digit.
"Miss Shina, Miss Rue, meet Cheshire." He waved the hand, waving the kitten at them Then he pulled the cat from his finger and started stroking the affronted kitten. "He's a half-kneazle, half something else, we're not sure what. He got his name from the fact that the first time I saw him t was really late at night and all I could see were his eyes and his teeth as he hissed at me. He's really, really lazy. Aren't you?" One yellow eye glared at him but Cheshire didn't move a muscle.

{{OOC: Not a problem at all. Better to take some time and get something nice out than to rush it and feel sorry for posting it up.}}  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:28 pm
User Image"Ego intelligere Latine(I also understand Latin)," Shina told Rue with a grin. "Father decided that Latin would be a useful skill for a witch, so I began lessons at five. Hazel and Kelpie? Hmmm, Hazel is sensitive, and known for having a water affinity. Some say it has an affinity for Divination. Tends to prefer a creative master. Kelpie, the water horse, excellent for all wand-work. Do you have a water affinity?" Shina asked.

"And it isn't too surprising that I was able to find a wand in Japan. Mother is from there, and I spend several months a year there. My pet is a Half-Kneazle as well, Japanese Bobtail for the cat side, and also a kitten. My aunt breeds them, and gave me Hana as letter present."

Finished answering Rue's questions, Shina turned to Elliot's. "And Alder with Ashwinder? Yes, Ashwinder is particularly good for protection charms. Alder is a very powerful wood, good for non-verbal spells, protection charms and counter-curses," Shina agreed. "And Cheshire is adorable!"

((OOC: No problem. Also, please forgive my doubtlessly clumsy blind-idiot computer-translated Latin. While Shina speaks Latin fluently, I do not. The perils of having a character smarter than you are!))  

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

Mistypaw

9,500 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:37 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
First Year ~ Unsorted

"Dogs are fun. Though, I like cats better for myself, I do like playing with other people's dogs. But if you can't bring her, you could get another pet- not to replace her but just to keep you company while here maybe. If you want to."

Juniper thinks for a moment, 'Now I know we already did the House talk... ah well, the nights activity might have made him forget.' as she considers the benefits of wearing something to easily signify your hoped for house. 'Nah... then if disappointed you wouldn't be able to hide the fact," she thought.

"Slytherin or Ravenclaw are my hopefuls. And If I recall, you were worried to be placed away from us?" She remembers with a raised eyebrow. Shaking her head to banish the thought, "You shouldn't worry, I don't think you'll have a problem making friends." She gives her boat mates a slight smile of encouragement, though also looking at the filling up boats wondering how many of them she might like. Things were too rushed to do more than meet these three. Not entirely a bad thing though, and they'll have years ahead to meet the others.

{{OOC: Going to bed, or going to try to. I have a cold. If I can't sleep, I'll be back. But, it's nearing 3am, so hopefully not. Will post in the 'morning' (in other words, whenever I wake up)}}

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:52 pm
User Image

Joseph Luxton
Unsorted First Year

As Juniper replied, Joseph chuckled.
"Ah, so I did ask you.. Could recall your answer. I am a little worried, but I guess if it happens, it happens. I don't mind what house I get put in really. As long as I have friends there." he replied with slightly red cheeks and a sheepish smile, over being a little mortified about asking the same question twice within only 10 minutes or so.

OOC: Yeah thats okay. Colds suck D:

M i n i R e d S t a r s

Nova_Cattus

Mythical Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:50 am
User Image
User Image

Rue laughed a little. "Vere? Quod est terribilis!So we all know at least a little Latin. It's a good idea to know the language, because a lot of spells are in Latin." She listened in awe as Shina recited their wand's wood and core properties like an expert. "Well, water is the symbol of emotions; a clear looking glass to what you seek. Which is exactly what a Seer needs in order to accurately see their visions." She grinned back at Shina. "So, yes, I believe I do have a water affinity."

Rue nearly squealed in delight as Elliot brought out his pet, Chesire. "Oh my goodness, he's so tiny!" She quickly put her wand back into her sleeve and was squirming in her seat. "Do you mind if I pet him?" She asked, keeping her hands in her lap patiently. 'What a group we are...' Hopefully they'd be able to be friends even after being sorted into their house, should they be different.

User Image
User Image

(( OOC: Translation: Really? That is awesome!
@Catastrophic: I completely agree :3
@Nanashi: Lol, me neither; Google Translator all the way! XD
Now, I put a hint of my Seer information in here, but Vixen has yet to answer me if I can be a Seer or not, so I may have to change this post later...
And sorry, but I'm gonna have to call it a night. My eyelids are trying to close on me as I type. I'll post in the morning :3 ))

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:04 am
Marko James

User Image ````Marko looked at the lights, feeling sick. He did not know if that was thanks to the boat, or thanks to the thought of getting in...hufflpuff. He would rather not be in a house. He did not think he would ever be able to out live the shame. "Gonna..be.." He looked pale, holding the sides of the boat. He could feel the boat more then most, as his non seeing and non hearing senses where amplified to compensate for the other losses. Then he heard a voice he recognized and his face turned stony. He was not gonna make a fool of him self..in front of...that person.

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

King_of_Tarts

Ruthless Man-Lover

9,900 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:39 am
User Image

Who's
up for a...

User Image

User Image

As a girl he'd never met before approached the boat, Ben was a tad startled. He was so lost in thought that he'd completely forgotten about his lack of ship-mates. "Of course you can join me," Ben said with a small grin. "I'm Benjamin St. Cloud by the way, but you can call me Ben," he said offering his free hand to the witch that had just boarded the boat.

Then Matt approached the boat with his nose in the air. "Better late than never I suppose," he said to the prideful boy. Ben still felt a twinge of jealousy that Matt had been hanging out with others instead of him. He chided himself. Jealousy was a useless emotion, and Ben had no need for useless emotions. Instead of saying something snarky, Ben decided it better to look out on the midnight colored lake.

...little friendly competition?

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:08 am
User Image

Annabelle Humphrey
Unsorted First Year

Whilst looking over the water, Annabelle heard a very uneasy sounding voice. She looked over at Mark who was now holding onto the edge of the boat. He looked incredibly pale and uneasy.
"Mark! Are you okay? Mark!" Annabelle yelled she nearly dropped the lantern into the water, but managed to fumble into her hand again. She reached out her left hand and patted Mark on the back, hoping it would comfort him alittle.

Now Annabelle was really hoping to get to the castle, and fast. Mark wasn't feeling well, clearly and Annabelle wanted to be sorted as soon as possible. She was now hoping for Ravenclaw the most, or one that Mark wanted, so she wasn't away from him.

M i n i R e d S t a r s

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:21 am
Marko James

User Image ````Marko looked straight faced, yet ill. He shook his head, he was not ok, but he was not going to say anything. He was not going to open his mouth. He looked green. He closed his eyes and tryed not to rock back and forth.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:41 am
User Image

Annabelle Humphrey
Unsorted First Year

Mark was now the colour green. This didn't look good. He was half in the boat, half hanging out of it. The teacher said to keep inside the boat because of dangerous creatures that live in the water.
"Mark, it's okay. If you need to barf, do it.. No one will judge you. It's okay" Annabelle told him and patted him on the back again, hoping once again, to comfort him.

How long was this boat ride anyway? Seemed like it took forever. Annabelle wanted to get to the castle already. She could tell that Mark needed to get off as soon as possible.

M i n i R e d S t a r s

enoetoe

Witty Citizen

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:14 am
User Image 

█  █  █  █  █  █ 

J E N N I F E R - K A P L A N 

f i r s t  y e a r - u n s o r t e d 

█  █  █  █  █  █ 

"to be or not to be, that is the question." 
- william shakespear

╔══════════════════╗

Thinking about the day she got her letter Jennie remarked, "Oh, getting the letter was sort of... awkward in my family. We thought we were on one of those hidden camera TV shows, so we didn't really figure it out until the letters had been coming to our apartment for a week or two." Of course, days were usually awkward in Jennie's family, with her brother yelling "die, zombie die!" at his video games all day. Why my parents don't kick him out of the house and send him to college I'll never know. Jennie thought, inwardly sighing.

When the conversation drifted to pets, Jennie kept her mouth shut. She didn't know if anybody would find mice gross, she'd just let them meet Cedward later. And then the conversation drifted back to the Houses.
Back to the unknown, then.

╚══════════════════╝  

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games