Welcome to Gaia! ::

Legion of Helpers

Back to Guilds

Help for new Members and Friends for those who have been here for years a place to call home! 

Tags: Help, Friends, Contests, Quest, RolePlay 

Reply Legion of Helpers
DronzeRants... Shoot me again, I ain't dead yet. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 69 70 71 72 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Count it!
  +1 YES!
View Results

Master Clockfish

Dapper Millionaire

4,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 6:07 pm
dronze
good luck eating the sole of your own shoe, dammie.

Owned.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:37 pm
Quote:
hey dronz

That's "DRONZE", n00blet.

D

R

O

N

Z

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

My handle on here was already shortened. so let me shorten yours... N00B. Seriously, It would be one thing if I had some long, multi-syllabic name and you just wanted to shorten that, but if 6 keystrokes is too much to give when making a request for assistance, then you probably don't need the help you're asking for.

In fact, if you think that you need to rush around this much, I probably can't afford the help you need.

Quote:
long time no speak

Why couldn't it have just stayed that way? Honestly, I can't really see why you'd decide to do a whole list of things that would just bring you to gain my ire.

Are you just some kind of masochist?

Self-punishment aside, tell me honestly, Is it really worth spamming and derailing a thread that is COMPLETELY unrelated to your issue to make a request of me? My PM box works just fine last I checked.

Quote:
do i still look like a newb

Yes, yes you do. And you still type like one, too. Punctuation IS YOUR FRIEND. Don't fear the comma.

Seriously, your post reads like you're some ADHD kid with an ounce of pure crank and a case of jolt. The only problem with that logic is that you're not dead, thus, I still have to read this, so, could you be so kind as to tell me what your issue is?

Quote:
>,<

Don't make that face, you asked me, I responded.

It is not my fault that you're an impatient child that can't have the common courtesy to actually make an effective attempt at communication, but still expects something for nothing... that's like me saying "Iwannaslipmytubesteakinyoursister/mom/girlfriend/wifesogimmiegimmiegimmie" and expecting to get anything other than laughed at or slapped.

why would your request be any different than me asking to pork your mother?

Quote:
ok not what i came here to say

Then get to the point, already... having to read the Great Wall O' Text before getting to the purpose of the post is kinda irritating, you know?

It wastes time, and in some cases, forces me to throw a live DronzeRant in your lap, sans pin.

Besides, as I pointed out in so many rants before, if you had just come out and asked to begin with, as opposed to wasting both my time and everyone else's, well, you could have gotten a straight-up answer.

Quote:
ok dude i need your opinion on a guild im creating

You don't have time to make a post with some punctuation then you don't have time for a guild. you would have been better off just giving your gold to me directly and letting me punch you in your head in return.

Quote:
im trying to get more ppl to join and kinda need some opinion

Why not ask your members? These people are your strongest tool for recruiting, especially since they can attract other members who will actively post.

However, if your members are just as impatient and mannerless as you, well, might I suggest a big bowl of Heaven's Gate brand fruit punch?

It'll solve all your guild worries in a single pass.

Quote:
and i know youll grade it harder then anyone

No, no I won't. You wanna know why?

because aside from telling you to ban all the members, delete all the posts, and give it to me for my own purposes, your single solitary post has convinced me that shtupping that special woman in your life is a better use of my time.

Quote:
(i know i shouldnt post this here but its the best way to grab your attention)

You're right... remind me to delete this advertisement when I get a chance.

Quote:
so uh yeah pm me bout it...

Ummmmm... no. You could have shot me a PM initially, and saved yourself a bit of time, trouble and ridicule. Run along and play now... over there, near the heavy trafic.... I have some business with a few people close to you.  

dronze
Vice Captain

Blind Hodd
Crew

Aekea Champion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:26 am
good to see a new one, but this one is kinda weak, man.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:59 am
unfortunately, i'd have to agree... I dunno, I just seem to have a bit of trouble finding my fire these days.

probably the heat.  

dronze
Vice Captain

dronze
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:48 am
rewritten....  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:10 am
I've heard that noobs are sort of like Werewolves. If you are bitten you will become one for a short while. Double post with no capitalization, I think one got Dronze someone get the antidote. wink  

lanceknightmare

Intermediate Member

8,000 Points
  • Trader 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Statustician 100

Blind Hodd
Crew

Aekea Champion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:06 pm
i say we let the wolves take care of the noob problem. noobs keep popping up so if we give the wolves a steady food supply we'll er uh i mean they'll leave the regular people alone and the regular people can stop killing us......I MEAN THEM DAMNIT!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:24 am
It sounds as though this person was actually a friend of yours, though, Dronze...
Please tread lightly.
b  

Bellabie

Lady Rayya

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:15 pm
minions, Bella... Dronze has minions....

incidently, nice to see you again... its been a while since we talked.

Bellabie
It sounds as though this person was actually a friend of yours, though, Dronze...
Please tread lightly.
b

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 8:05 pm
Bellabie
Please tread lightly.
b

Nope, not really... and as far as "Minions" go, I don't really have any of those, either. Minion implies being recruited, I have Fanboys and girls....

And if this person was a friend, they'd know that i don't put up with that kind of unintellegent drivel without a good reason (like my best friend's dyslexia). It's kinda hard to tread lightly in combat boots.  

dronze
Vice Captain

The_Last_Avenger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:22 pm
dronze
Bellabie
Please tread lightly.
b

Nope, not really... and as far as "Minions" go, I don't really have any of those, either. Minion implies being recruited, I have Fanboys and girls....

And if this person was a friend, they'd know that i don't put up with that kind of unintellegent drivel without a good reason (like my best friend's dyslexia). It's kinda hard to tread lightly in combat boots.

Well maybe you need a new pair of shoes then. Sometimes it is better to just simply ignore newbies or help them than to simply criticize harshly. If you help them then they can become more respectable and maybe even become good writers. A lot of the best writers here started out as newbies and with the help of other they became better and learned. Senseless criticizing does not help though. It lowers their self-esteem and could even make them worse because you make them feel like they can't write at all.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:26 pm
The_Last_Avenger
dronze
Bellabie
Please tread lightly.
b

Well maybe you need a new pair of shoes then. Sometimes it is better to just simply ignore newbies or help them than to simply criticize harshly. If you help them then they can become more respectable and maybe even become good writers. A lot of the best writers here started out as newbies and with the help of other they became better and learned. Senseless criticizing does not help though. It lowers their self-esteem and could even make them worse because you make them feel like they can't write at all.

And yet there are many still that don't listen to reason.  

LanceCalvis
Crew

The_Last_Avenger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:32 pm
dronze
It's a simple Pavlovian response, Lance. I'm not saying that these people are evil, selfish bastards, simply that there is an inherant psychological connection between the actions people take and the percieved outcome. Like I said, If it wasn't going to make you feel any better about yourself, would you honestly go out of your way to do something for your fellow human being?

The answer here is a pure and simple "No", and here's why...

Humans, being the pack animals that we are, do things for one of a few simple reasons:

Perception of survival/self defence
Perception of social status
Perception of improved well-being
Perception of self gratification

These 4 perceptions make up a common reasoning for everything we do, from the basic ideas of survival to anything our higher brains are capable of. These things are the reason why marketing works, as well as what we build almost all of our rationalizations for our actions around. There is nothing wrong with this, it is how we, as a species, are wired. The actual after-effects and consequences of our actions may differ from the percieved reasons, which is where bitterness and resentment come in, but it is all the same general set of motivating factors that pervades every last voulentary action we take.... taek a day and think about everything you do... you'll find that I'm absolutely right...

You are wrong dronze. People can be selfless. I know plenty of people who have gone out of their way to help others and denied any form of payment. A friend of mine is a member of a church that volunteers to help out in place that serves food for the poor. My friend goes twice a month to help and I have started to do the same thing. There is no reward fo rthis at all. All we have gotten out of it is a thank yuo from those who run the place. If you say that we do this for ourselves, then you are blind dronze. We do this because we wish to help others.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:35 pm
The_Last_Avenger
dronze
It's a simple Pavlovian response, Lance. I'm not saying that these people are evil, selfish bastards, simply that there is an inherant psychological connection between the actions people take and the percieved outcome. Like I said, If it wasn't going to make you feel any better about yourself, would you honestly go out of your way to do something for your fellow human being?

Humans, being the pack animals that we are, do things for one of a few simple reasons:

These 4 perceptions make up a common reasoning for everything we do, from the basic ideas of survival to anything our higher brains are capable of. These things are the reason why marketing works, as well as what we build almost all of our rationalizations for our actions around. There is nothing wrong with this, it is how we, as a species, are wired. The actual after-effects and consequences of our actions may differ from the percieved reasons, which is where bitterness and resentment come in, but it is all the same general set of motivating factors that pervades every last voulentary action we take.... taek a day and think about everything you do... you'll find that I'm absolutely right...

You are wrong dronze. People can be selfless. I know plenty of people who have gone out of their way to help others and denied any form of payment. A friend of mine is a member of a church that volunteers to help out in place that serves food for the poor. My friend goes twice a month to help and I have started to do the same thing. There is no reward fo rthis at all. All we have gotten out of it is a thank yuo from those who run the place. If you say that we do this for ourselves, then you are blind dronze. We do this because we wish to help others.

LanceCalvis
Crew

The_Last_Avenger

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 3:40 pm
LanceCalvis
The_Last_Avenger
dronze

If by improved well-being you mean those I help, then alright. But if it is meant as improved well-being of myself, then that is dead wrong.  
Legion of Helpers

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 69 70 71 72 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff