Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 630 631 632 633 634 635 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:13 am
Cale Darksun
Aurin_Starkiller
Nelowulf
w/e

Btw, which asteroid field are you talking about? I may have been dozing off in reading where you're at, but as my characters are around one, it's of particular inerest to make sure it's not mine.

It's not. Something Cale and I have been working out off-screen.

The "Al'Har system", if I'm not mistaken.

Pirates are demanding a bribe to leave him alone.

50 billion credits is quite a significant bribe.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:17 am
Aurin_Starkiller
Cale Darksun
Aurin_Starkiller
Nelowulf
w/e

Btw, which asteroid field are you talking about? I may have been dozing off in reading where you're at, but as my characters are around one, it's of particular inerest to make sure it's not mine.

It's not. Something Cale and I have been working out off-screen.

The "Al'Har system", if I'm not mistaken.

Pirates are demanding a bribe to leave him alone.

50 billion credits is quite a significant bribe.

For a planetary government as rich as yours?
You spend more than that on your military budget. i figure it a fair price to let your transports go unmolested.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:19 am
They are pirates, not hutts...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:20 am
Nelowulf
They are pirates, not hutts...

Whats that supposed to mean?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:21 am
Sorry, I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to the logistics of galactic economy.

Are we just making credits equal to dollars, then?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:47 am
Is that my cue?

Edit: And what is that battlecruiser, in particular?

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:48 am
Aurin_Starkiller
Sorry, I'm a bit ignorant when it comes to the logistics of galactic economy.

Are we just making credits equal to dollars, then?

effectively yes, but keep in mind that a credit is still worth more than a dollar.
Depending on where you are that is.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:23 pm
So how long till Siren gets to Lyra?  

Darth Fury

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:31 pm
Thats up to DA. I might hit a few planets on the way but I'm hoping she can reach Lyra and get something done before I arrive and order you guys to kiss my boots.

Otherwise I'm going to put her in carbonite.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:03 pm
I was waiting on Aurin to show some activity, since I didn't wanna arrive, and have to wait a day or so just to see if Siren needed to talk her way onto getting to land on the planet, etc. I'll post something as soon as I have the time to spare to type out a 5-10 minute post, which shouldn't be long.

Putting Siren in carbonite, I'd be against. Saria maybe, because Nemesis would eventually come to rescue her, but not Siren.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:10 pm
Aww. You dont want to be my new office ornament?
I'd love to put someone in Carbonite while I'm on the evil streak. If Siren would rather not face such a fate, she might want to find her sister then to take her place.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:20 pm
Carbonite freezing rituals were forgotten after the New Sith Wars, then rediscovered on cloud city. hmm...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:23 pm
well someone froze a whole sith trooper army and a sith master in carbonite, so maybe theres some reasoning behind it.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:39 pm
Well, assuming Siren somehow makes contact with Saria ( I'm trying to work that in somewhere because I want them to have their " showdown. " ) it could go like this instead:

( This also assumes Marr isn't persuaded to join Demaia, btw. )

After making contact, Saria is already on her way to meet with Siren, not bringing Nemesis along with her because it's a purely " dimplomatic " thing, etc. and having a former Sith demon along doesn't help persuade someone to see the Light, etc.

Demaia does some official stuff before dealing with Siren's " failure " and Saria arrives, only to be captured by Demaia's minions. Demaia has them both in chains or whatever fashion she'd normally have her prisoners brought before her. She decides to freeze Saria in carbonite, and after Saria becomes her newest decoration, she tells Siren that would've been her fate had she not felt charitable thanks to getting a Jedi out of it.

Instead, she strips Siren of all claims of nobility, officially declaring she is nothing more than a lowly slave, etc. and hands her over to some minion of hers for a while as punishment for her failure, after which, things return to normal, Siren's forced to obey Demaia's commands like before, Demaia continues her quest for domination, etc.

The only difference is, Nemesis will soon learn of the Jedi having lost contact with Saria, and will investigate, which will mean she'll be persuing Demaia after learning the details, etc.

Of course, if Siren actually succeeds, then most of that wouldn't apply, but if Saria ever shows up, she gets frozen regardless, if Demaia is so inclined.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 9:43 pm
Or she could just freeze both of you in the same block, as an ironic twist of fate that you share the same fate as your sister cause you still care for her...  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 630 631 632 633 634 635 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games