Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Great Hall
Staff Table Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:09 pm
User Image
                                                      ɚSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                      No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Oᴡɴᴇʀ, Dᴏɢᴡᴇᴇᴅ & Dᴇᴀᴛʜᴄᴀᴘs || Hᴇʀʙᴏʟᴏɢʏ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Jason's eyes travelled from the sorting taking place and locked with the woman that had sat next to him. He was surprised to say the least. Honestly, he didn't expect for anyone to sit with him, considering his usual demeanour. Though hers wasn't exactly fully present, if he really studied the woman. She seemed off, somewhere else, and he vaguely wondered if she had gotten into some potent herbs or something. He knew several concoctions that could cause wandering attention, and he was certain if he studied her a bit more, he could pinpoint which one she had taken. Not that he had taken any such drugs before. Though, he would probably be the best one to know since he could figure the properties out to get maximum effectiveness. Ruddy hell, now he was thinking of how she probably got high. This night couldn't get any worse.

Jason sighed, rubbing his forehead and thinking it could be worse. He could be stuck with others that would tick him off. Moreau and Strike and possibly even Arachnid came to mind. Bloody bats. Or that man his shop assistant Ada was marrying. He did however straighten up and try to be pleasant. Try being the operative phrase.
                                                      "Jason Hill. I happen to be the new Herbology professor, if that wasn't obvious. I assume you are also part of the staff here?" There. He didn't comment on her possible intoxicated state. That was a step up from his usual caustic remarks. How long before he would remark upon it was anyone's guess, though she hadn't irritated him yet.

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: If I have to deal with someone annoying, I will rip their faces off...
                                                      OOC: Open for interaction, maybe? XD

ɚHelp me believe it's not the real mexxx
                                                      Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 10:27 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Single
                                                          Looking Distracted at the Staff Table with Jason
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Confused
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ Am I early, or late...? ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

But what is this, that I cant see? ✥ ✥ ✥xxx
                                                          With ice cold hands taking hold of me. ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxx
                                                          When God is gone, and the devil takes hold, ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Who'll have mercy on your soul? ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceDrusilla let out a satisfied sort of hum when the staff table was quickly populated by her fellow staff members, though she was somewhat put out that Lulu had yet to make an appearance. Ah, well. She had company at least. Oblivious as she was, she didn't notice the man's discomfort at her presence. She clicked her tongue at his answer, smiling widely, still looking out at the Great Hall rather than at him. "Hm, yes. I teach Divination..." she murmured, attention drawn away from him by the arrival of the students and the start of the sorting. She'd started in on her usual game, trying to keep up with the sorting as it happened, when she realized how rude she was being. She wasn't supposed to get distracted from people, she reminded herself. So, she turned in her seat, very purposefully, to look at the new professor, offering a smile. "You should be an improvement over the old professor... I hear things... Or did I See them...? Don't quite recall. But, she wasn't a very good professor." The Seer tried to recall what exactly it was that the previous professor had done that'd been so awful, but it was one of a million thoughts swimming around in her head. "The same happened with me, I believe. The woman teaching Divination before myself was not very good... I believe a fair few students dropped the course because of her, sadly. Not that there are many who take it in the first place... Been picking up the pieces... so many pieces..." Her gaze stared past him for a moment, expression growing distant, before she gave a shake of her head and her smile returned, eyes focusing once again. "Terribly sorry. My gaze tends to drift. There's rather a lot going on in my head... hm." Nails tapped along the tabletop, and she tilted her head, trying to stay focused. Lulu generally didn't mind when her focus was distracted, but others tended to get impatient with her. She didn't blame them, but it was rather upsetting at times. "So... what brought you here? Teaching? I do it because it keeps me to a schedule. Easier to stay set in the present when there's actually something happening..." In all her life, school had been the only thing that'd managed to hold her focus enough to keep her sane. Teaching was the logical follow-up. And, she rather enjoyed it, which she was thankful for. It was so nice to do something she loved, and also managed to keep her from drifting over the edge, was wonderful.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx✥ ✥ ✥ No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold;
                                                          xxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ Nothing satisfies me but your soul.
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ Well, I am Death, none can excel.
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ I'll open the door to Heaven or Hell.

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:08 pm
User Image
                                                      ɚSo what if you can see the darkest side of me?
                                                      No one will ever change this animal I have become

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Oᴡɴᴇʀ, Dᴏɢᴡᴇᴇᴅ & Dᴇᴀᴛʜᴄᴀᴘs || Hᴇʀʙᴏʟᴏɢʏ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ

════════════════════════

Jason snorted at the mention of the last Herbology professor. Really? He'd heard quite a few things, including setting plants on fire. On fire! What the ruddy hell was that woman teaching her students? Obviously not something that an adept herbologist would know. He clenched his hands briefly before letting his hands still. It did no one any good if he lost his cool. Especially any students. Though, apparently they had a habit of bad professors. At least from what Drusilla mentioned. He did smirk a bit when she mentioned students dropping her course because of a bad professor. "I have yet to encounter students that dropped the course because of a bad professor, though I have encountered ones coming to Hogsmeade to my shop to try and resuscitate plants they have managed to kill with ineptitude. Those that can be saved, I generally give them a proper lesson on how to care for the plant before sending them on their way."

Giving lessons was a bit of an understatement, though. He had seen students leave in tears from his shop with the threat of being banned from his presence. Which was why Miles tended to be at the shop on those weekends to mitigate the damage Jason could cause. Ruddy whelp. He did not need an overgrown pup telling him he was being too harsh. However, he nearly chuckled when she mentioned that her gaze drifted. That was bloody obvious to him. He let the comment slide with her next question to him. "I came here to correct a grievous injustice, myself. Mostly in the subpar teaching of the younger students in the school. Honestly, setting a plant on fire is not the correct method to handle the plant that was being taught. I plan on making sure that they know the correct method for dealing with the plants they are handling. Otherwise I fear that there will be nothing left of the plants in the greenhouses but smouldering piles of rubble."

════════════════════════
                                                      Thinking: If I have to deal with someone annoying, I will rip their faces off...
                                                      OOC: Open for interaction, maybe? XD

ɚHelp me believe it's not the real mexxx
                                                      Somebody help me tame this animal I have become

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2014 11:58 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Single
                                                          Looking Distracted at the Staff Table with Jason
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Confused
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ Am I early, or late...? ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

But what is this, that I cant see? ✥ ✥ ✥xxx
                                                          With ice cold hands taking hold of me. ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxx
                                                          When God is gone, and the devil takes hold, ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Who'll have mercy on your soul? ✥ ✥ ✥xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceDrusilla hummed again when he spoke of his shop, nodding along. Was he the one who owned the Herbology shop in Hogsmeade, then? She knew that their Wandlore professor owned the Ollivander's satellite there. "Plants are delicate things," she said, "and not ones that many people care to be delicate with. I was not particularly good at the lesson in school... though, I don't believe I ever killed anything, at least. I was more indelicate with myself than the plants." She suppressed a slight shudder at a rising memory. In her fourth year, she'd happened to've been struck by a vision while handling bubotubers. The slimy pustule hadn't suffered any ill effects from it, but the boils on her hand had cemented her decision to drop the course after her OWLs. She doubted very highly if she'd have done well at the NEWT level.

spaceHis mention of fire sparked the memory; she recalled that, yes. She had not only set the plants on fire, she had instructed the students to do the same, and said that was the proper handling. Drusilla pursed her lips. "I do wonder how one with the idea to set a plant ablaze could have been hired on for the position. Then again, the previous Headmistress hired me as well, and I'm barely sane," she said, tiling her head, a small pout forming. "I'm generally better further into term... after a Summer alone, I'm a bit more addled. I do better when there are people about... and a schedule. The schedule is quite important." The former Ravenclaw thought nothing of informing a man she'd just met that she wasn't quite right in the head; were she a bit more aware at the moment, she might've remembered that it wasn't something one generally shared in polite conversation. But, as it was, it'd seemed relevant to the conversation at hand. She blinked a bit, staring off for a moment. "Hm... I don't See any smoldering plants... Perhaps you'll do well then," she informed him, resting her chin on her fist and tilting her head side to side a moment. Well, it was always nice to know that you were going to accomplish your goals, right? She was being helpful, clearly. What was the alternative, anyway? Letting him guess at it? That hardly seemed fair. Of course, things could change. The future was a fickle thing. Her words might be as empty as the teacups in her cupboard.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx✥ ✥ ✥ No wealth, no ruin, no silver, no gold;
                                                          xxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ Nothing satisfies me but your soul.
                                                          xxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ Well, I am Death, none can excel.
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx✥ ✥ ✥ I'll open the door to Heaven or Hell.

User Image

(( OOC: ))

Diamond Wales

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 12:16 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

$Bréanainn Cian Conri$
Charm's Professor(4-7)||Former Gryffindor||Former Quidditch Player

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

He kept listening to her as she suggested, but more jokingly that he should go to church with her. He smiled at her and nodded. "Honestly, I'd be all for going to church wit' you. I actually t'ink t'at would be pretty fun," he said to her, smiling, until the conversation took a detour into the whole Slytherin and selfishness thing, but he wasn't going to try to explain to her why sometimes selfishness is good, mainly because it was hard to explain to some degree and she seemed generally done with that conversation...so, by nature, he moved on, not wanting to really upset her or anything.

"Why do you t'ink I came to your office? I like you, I'm not intimidated you," he finally said, as if he didn't actually say what he just said. He did like the woman, but he really never voiced that opinion, nor did he ever really think hard on it. He looked at the sorting before addressing her next question, which was if any look promising.

"I mean, I haven't really been able to pick out one t'at truly looks promising, but I mean, the Ravenclaws seem to always be pretty good...well...usually," he added, not really knowing what else to say. The Ravenclaws were usually very good with the types of classes that she taught. He wouldn't be surprised if she saw more than a few Ravenclaws in her class when the time comes.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:24 am
User Image

"Chrissy"
Christina Anna Dechering
Healing Professor of Hogwarts
Metamorphagus

Born in Georgia, U.S.A. on October 15, 2002
Wand: Rigid, with a spiraled shaft, 11 3/8 inches, Mahogany, Pegasus Wing Feather
Former Chameleon Dorm Member at the Salem Institute of Witchfract and Wizardry
Emotional State: Content/a bit tired/Happy
Looking: Brunette and Professionaly Dressed

Currently it is Academic Year of 2027-2028xxx

Christina raised a brow when he said he was all up to going to church with her and thought it would be pretty fun. She let out a short laugh as her irises shifting to a pitch black though her lighter expression didn't really change. "Ha. Ha. Ha. No," She said in a steady voice. Counting off with her fingers she continued, "I am a firm believer of keeping certain aspects of my life completely separate. My professional life. My personal life-my family and my affairs of that sort. And my social life. The best advice I ever got that was no one's life was ever in perfectly ordered, but as a healer or professional, the trick is to be able to keep all aspects of your life separated and organized in such."

She closed her eyes and took a long sip of water and listened as he asked why she thought he came into her office and it was because she liked you and was not intimidated by her. "I like my cousin too but I wouldn't consider ever even making out with her," Christina pointed out with a smile. "Regardless of the fact my sister's first question was when she showed up at our door without warning whether the girl was an ex of mine. Actually it was a reasonable assumption, considering. Hell, we didn't know about her. Ma did, but just forgot to tell us that she had gotten through her head to crash at our house."

She smiled and set down her glass of water and opened her eyes that were back closer to their ordinary blue, "As for you liking me, while that is cute, I assumed something else. After all, I didn't think you-and I know I am not-like our fellow colleagues Professor Powell and Professor Harlowe: granted they are adorable together in that awkward quiet couple sort of way, but that isn't how I do things. I put all most of my seriousness into my work, and only the slightest bit in my personal life, I don't have any to put in my social life."

She shrugged with a almost too innocent and half preditary smile before glancing at the sorting. "What do you mean the Ravenclaws seem pretty good, usually? Oh, yeah, I forgot my favorite students tend to be the most obnoxious ones and cause you the most trouble-well that and other students. I adore several of our current fifth years who are really quite difficult and prickly. But, those are the students who tend to be the brightest. Regardless, I usually get a high number of Hufflepuffs taking my class. But they are those naturally nurturing type generally so all I have to teach them is spellwork, the science behind things, potions, and how to apply their knowledge from other classes into a multidisciplinary subject such as Wellness and Magic."

"I have always had a fair number of Gryffindors as well, but they tend to only want to know the practical and usually aren't quite subtle as a natural healer are. Ravenclaws are a mixed lot. And, Slytherins, ooh, I love my Slytherin students," She chuckled. "They remind me a lot of myself. And, pretty much my favorite person in life is myself-so of course I would like people like me the best."

RedEagleEye007

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 2:25 pm

$Bréanainn Cian Conri$

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Bréaniann gave her a boyish smirk as she seemed to get a good laugh out of him going to church with her. She didn't seem to take a liking to that idea really, but once again, he really didn't press any further on it. She seemed adamant on the fact that she needed to keep both lives separate, which was interesting, because that led for quite a boring life when a person is at their job three times longer than they are at home, but really, he figured she was one of those office robots at times when it came to that. He on the other hand, really didn't care if his work mixed over into his personal life. He never was one to care much about anything to be honest, but that was mainly because he played Quidditch where the 'office rules' were extremely laid back, mainly because they never were in an office.

He listened her talk about her cousin and he almost laughed so hard that he spit the water out that he was sipping on. He held it back though. The fact that she seriously led off with 'I like my cousin too, but I wouldn't consider ever making out with her,' amused him greatly. But then she got off onto a tangent on how her sister thought that she was an ex of hers, which was interesting to say the least. He still hated the fact that he would have to compete with girls and guys to win this woman's heart somehow. He could win the contest against another man, but a girl...probably not. It sometimes felt like it was going to end in a losing effort. Because face it, the competition because of it went from maybe three billion to about six billion, barring all the babies, or anyone younger than her by five or more years to say the least. A gross exaggeration it is, but hey, he thought of it.

That's when she had answered what he said before, in of course...a weird way. He was used to it by now though with her. He honestly came to expect it, but he answered nonetheless. "I realize you aren't like t'em Christina...I was just statin' the obvious, t'at's all, but please tell: what exactly did you assume?" he asked, desiring to take a sip of the Domaine de la Romanee that he had on the desk in his office, but all he had was water...which also mad him a little mad. You'd think they'd be able to give the professors some kind of nice alcohol or something, but then again, maybe it was better that they didn't, because of people who weren't exactly able to hold it down. Oh how amazing that would be...a professor dancing around drunk during the Sorting Ceremony, he would get the biggest laugh out of that one.

"Well...yeah...some of t'em can be a little obnoxious. Everyone of t'e houses have one of t'ose students. Hell, I myself was pretty obnoxious in class at times. Mainly because t'ey were pretty easy...except for Potions and Astronomy, two classes I did not have an affinity for...or any skill in for t'at matter," he admitted to her, laughing. He really had no ability to mix a potion. The man was nowhere near patient enough to wait for any potion to brew. "Speaking of your fifth years and Gryffindors...Robin Gibbs...how is he doing in your class? I remember you sayin' you had him," he asked, wondering about his nephew truthfully. She didn't know that, but he would look out for the boy while he was there. He wouldn't go around savin' his arse around the school, but if he was in trouble...of course. He felt like he owed that to the boy for his father giving him up at such a young age. Bréanainn argued with the man greatly that night that he was sent. Bréanainn had even offered to take him, but when he thought that he accepted that proposition, under the cover of the night, he was taken to London...to an unknown orphanage by Conri's brother.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC:
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:20 pm
User Image

"Chrissy"
Christina Anna Dechering
Metamorphagus

Wand: Rigid, with a spiraled shaft, 11 3/8 inches, Mahogany, Pegasus Wing Feather

She raised a brow when Bréanainn stifled a laugh and then she noted the slight shift as she mentioned the probability of Sophie's assumption about some unknown young woman being one of Christina's exes. Was that what he was so worried about? Because, honestly, she always figured if you knew there was possible competition you would be more likely to move faster-or she did. Besides, it wasn't like there was all that many women inclined to hook up with another woman and they were really no more competition than a guy would be in her book. Then again, she never stuck with anyone all that long so she figured that is what most people would point out was the object of greatest concern in her dating life.

When he asked what she assumed she raised a brow and stated, "You forget I have for years kept up with quidditch for quite some time. I know the rumors. I know the tabloids. It is rare a leopard changes its spots." She raised a brow and said with a smirk, "So, I already assumed so much as what you had said, but I figured your character slightly more... reckless? Impatient? It is a bit uncouth to get to the point here about my opinion on why exactly you came into my office. It wasn't to discuss something like a pepper-up potion, at least." She shrugged and took another sip of her water listening as he began to discuss students.

"We didn't have Astronomy at Salem and Potions, well to do poorly in that class would be a horrific dishonor and disgrace to my father. My parents. My family. I did slightly better in Alchemy though, believe it or not," She said with a shrug. She smiled politely before a brief flash of confusion came on her face when Bréanainn mentioned the fifth years, "I didn't think I mentioned any year in particular, just houses... regardless... Mr. Gibbs was it? He barely stands out. Though between Miss Snow and Mr. League being fairly much naturals in the class, and Miss Cherri does quite well-though she brings a less serious approach to her work, which isn't bad. And then Mr. Lovette's and Miss Vass's more subtle dilligence-it is easy to fall through the cracks... I didn't see him on my roster when I checked earlier this evening. A shame really since I could almost guarentee he would likely at least get an A in the class. Not a great score-and it would annoy me to have one of my students not get an O as my current record goes, especially since this is the first year that I have taught all three years of the prep for the healing owls-but it isn't like I would have been worried he would fail."

She smiled, "I'd likely murder him if he did. Or any of my students for that matter. Mr. Gibbs's talents aren't naturally inclined for healing, but then again we all have our weaker subjects. I lack talent in transfiguration and I struggle with wandless magic and potions was never as easy for me as it is for my sister. Granted, like Mr. Gibbs and his slight weakness in my subject, hard work would more than make up for it."

"But, he goes mostly unnoticed compared to the mix I have. Then again, I take more active interest in those who are obviously dedicated and interested in healing magic specifically. And, you have Mr. League and Miss Snow, they tend to be those 'more difficult' sorts. Miss Snow was my first and only detention since I've become a professor actually..." She paused as she finished her summary, "Why? Have you taken a particular liking to Mr. Gibbs? It isn't the first time you've asked of him."

RedEagleEye007

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 10:53 pm

$Bréanainn Cian Conri$

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

When she had said that she had kept up with tabloids in Quidditch, along with all the rumors, he stopped for a minute. Had he truly had something bad written about him. He probably did, but he never read them because they were usually pretty false...almost ninety percent of the time actually. In fact, it was actually amazing how many more times they were truly false than truth. It really begins to make you question the morality of the world at large, but hey, that is a question to discuss at another time.

"So are you saying you've heard of me before you even came here? I'm sorry, I hadn't really kept up wit' t'e tabloids at all. You could be generalizing Quidditch players t'ough. I have no idea," he said to her, shrugging his shoulders. He now was pretty sure that he had a story written on him. He was surprised his team publicist had never said a word to him. If he found out about it, surely, he would be fired...or at least, Bréanainn would've complained. Or, maybe they knew rumors could get to him a little bit and sometimes cause him to play badly. Bréanainn truly couldn't stand them because rumors always seemed to be negative.

He then listened to her talk about how it would be a disgrace to do badly in Astronomy to her parents. He was honestly terrible at the subject and never even took it seriously. He always just kind of fell asleep in that class. It bored him to be honest and really never applied to him. Sure it would be a good skill to have in certain situations, like if you are lost, but he was sure he wasn't going to get lost. But he responded to the confusion almost instantly after she stopped talking. Had she not been listening to herself?" he thought to himself, wondering why she seemed to forget what she had said. "Ah...but you had said and I quote, 'I adore several of our current fifth years," he responded, not knowing where she was going with that. Upon hearing her speak about Robin, he slowly nodded his head. Figures...just like his father, he thought to himself, wondering if the boy was actually putting his all in the course. If he was anything like his father, then probably not, but he always could've just struggled. Bréanainn always struggled with those types of spells whenever he tried them. He had heard that he wasn't on the roster and wondered why the boy would just stop though...didn't seem like a good idea, but he really could do whatever he wanted.

When she had said that she'd murder him, he actually thought something amusing. I wonder if t'at boy is as good at dueling as his father is too. If so, might not be so easy to do, but of course, Chrissy was much older and much more experienced and had a much more expansive list of spells to use. So, he wouldn't doubt her getting an upper hand...well...unless she was just downright bad at dueling, which he doubted. He knew he was analyzing the joke she had made a little too much, but hey, it was his nephew...he had to do these things: right?

"T'at is interesting. It seems we both are opposites in t'at respect. I myself excel in Transfiguration and Wandless...especially wandless...got a perfect score on my N.E.W.T for t'at class. Just was really good at channeling t'e magic I suppose," he admitted to her, shrugging his shoulders. He truthfully was not surprised they differed in classes. They differed in quite a few respects, but also had striking similarities as well, such as their outstanding confidence.

I have heard some stories of t'ose two...but I really haven't had much of a problem wit' Sapphire Snow, League however...not so much. I mean, it really is weird wit' t'at one. I t'ought about punishin' t'e boy when he decided to mouth off to me, but honestly, why deduct points from a prodigal wizard? He's just going to go into maybe your class and gain t'em back. So does t'at mean t'at all of his actions are just erased...just like t'at? So I decided against deducting and tried to talk some sense into t'e boy and was met wit' an arrogance t'at was truly unparalleled. It really is a shame because I don't know if t'at arrogance will come back to bite him one day. His talent should not be wasted on petty arguments such as t'at one. Tried to explain t'at, but was met wit' more arguments. So...I just stopped and paid attention to t'e kid's who were practicing," he said to her, not really knowing what else to say. She could say he was a pushover for it, but truthfully...he didn't care. Deducting points from a good wizard was like making the world's fastest man start a few seconds after the world's slowest. He was always going to win it.

"And about Robin...you remember my Slytherin best friend I was talking about earlier? My friend is his fat'er. So, I'm really a friend of the family, but I take active interest in what my friend's son does and hope he succeed in it. It is a little weird t'at a Gryffindor's fat'er is a Slytherin, but he must have gotten a lot of his mot'er in him," he said, hoping he was not revealing anything. He doubted greatly that Robin had said a word to Chrissy about his being in an orphanage when he was younger. He also hoped that Chrissy didn't go rat him out either. But like she said, she paid much more attention to her more willing students and luckily for him...Robin didn't seem to be taking her class.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC: Ugh...I forgot to put Healing --_--. That was not planned. Completely accidental.
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 5:28 am
User Image

"Chrissy"
Christina Anna Dechering
Metamorphagus

Christina raised a brow when he asked if she had heard of him before she had came to Hogwarts to teach and she shrugged, “Not really. I had a lot better things to read then to keep up with every quidditch team. The Americans were more than enough for me. And you were playing quidditch during my last few years at Salem if you do the calculations. I initially intended to play quidditch for the Americans so it is reasonable that I would have focused my interests into American teams. And, near the end of you playing was my last year or so of Salem and start as a healer-that time…” She trailed off with a shrug. “Well, I’ve mentioned that I quit playing my last year at Salem by my own choice so obviously my priorities and interests in life shifted.”

She smiled, “I didn’t bother to look you up until you first chatted me up. I like to know what makes potential prey-dates-whatever you want to call yourselves- tic. It makes things more interesting.” She shrugged, “I can only assume most of the girls you’ve dated before were spectacularly stupid or had very little self respect and dragged you along with them.”

“I adore several of my students. I adore terrorizing my third years every year too. And, my fourth years are a nice lot, but they tend to be quiet. My sixth year, she works hard and that is why she did as well as she did. Honestly, she is quicker with her spellwork than a healer should be. I reckon it’s a Gryffindor impulsiveness or something. But, let’s face it, the current fifth years are probably the most difficult group either of us have to deal with,” Christina pointed out. “They tend to as a whole have a flair for the dramatic and well, I’m easily bored: of course I would adore them. But, honestly, other years I have are more likable by nature and ordinary terms.”

She shrugged when Conri talked about his strong studies and she answered, “If you were truly skilled at channeling magic fully you would be better at the healing arts. It takes a great amount of magical skill but it takes a great amount of focus. I can do wandless, it just is wiser in my preferred branch of study to use a wand. You get better results, generally, the wand helps you focus the magic you have. I use wandless if I’m too lazy to bother with a wand and don’t care about absolutely perfect results. When you can heal a broken shoulder blade and two ribs be sure to get back to me, okay?” She said with a smile as he continued to the topic about Sapphire Snow and David League. And how he had more or less given up taking away points from League.

She tilted her head and said, “Ah, is that one of the reasons Ravenclaw won the house cup last year? I’m fairly sure he does balance out how many points he loses each year with how many he generally earns. Honestly, considering how high both are it is almost amusing. I half wonder if he has made a game of it. I assume you mean he is prodigal in you feel he wastes his talents?”

She shrugged and said brightly, “You want to know something fun, Professor Conri?” She continued without waiting for an answer, “Since my subject is multidisciplinary I always ask my healing I students what they think is their best subjects are and why they chose to take my class. You find out a great deal from those two questions. What do you think his answers were? Charms and potions. Potions by nature requires more long term attention, but he also has a knack for memorization. What classes has he caused the most trouble in, Professor Conri? The classes that are primarily memorization and of course charms.”

“Regardless, as we both are fairly egotistical beings ourselves the question you have to ask is has your arrogance ever truly bit you? Honestly and truly bit you? I doubt it has,” Christina said with a polite smile, “Besides, no one is arrogant or egotistical without reason to be so. You’re never going to be able to ‘talk sense’ into anyone, Professor Conri, if you don’t force them to respect you first. Some people don’t respect a position but one’s skills. And quite honestly that probably is a healthier and fairer lookout in life anyways. Of course, I was taught to respect my elders as a child, regardless, but not everyone has the same lessons in life.”

And then the topic turned to the Gibbs boy, “Ah yes, your Slytherin friend, what of him?” She listened as he explained that the Gryffindor was the son of him and since he was the friend of the family he took an active interest in him and then made guesses on why the student got placed into a rival house of his father. She raised a brow and said, “Oh so you are just a busy body then? Hmm… not a good trait, Professor.” She chuckled her eyes flickering to green with mischief, “You need to find better hobbies-or better distractions-or take more advantage of the ones available to you. All of the above, maybe.”

RedEagleEye007

{OoC: Theo can still sign up officially if you PM Essy and explain you forgot to click the class if you want. Also, It was actually potions Christina mentioned being expected to be good at and that Salem didn't have Astronomy-now Conri can wish he was American. I probably should have worded that clearer though.}

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:00 am

$Bréanainn Cian Conri$

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

He solemnly nodded as she talked about who she followed, not really knowing what to say to it. It wasn't like he could question why she quit Quidditch, mainly because she explained that already. Therefore, he really didn't have anything else to say on that matter and just kept his mouth shut, taking a sip of the water that was in his goblet. He kept listening however...which may have not been a good thing, because she began to insult his taste in women, or whatever she was saying. He really didn't understand what she was saying by it, but he didn't look too far into it really. "No actually, t'e women I've dated weren't stupid at all. T'ey were clingy, but t'ey were not stupid at all," he said to her, not really saying much else. He didn't know why she was automatically assuming they were stupid...was it because they were dating him.

"I like a lot of my students as well. I do have to say my favorite might be Jeremy Long however...you probably don't have him. But t'e kid is great at magic. Everyt'ing seems to be a show wit' him, but it is amusing really. Plus, he never really causes any problems. But I do like almost all of my students. T'ey all do what I ask t'em too," he said to her, shrugging his shoulder. Jeremy Long was his favorite student however if he had to pick one of everyone. The kid for whatever reason had a street performer's flair when it came to magic. He can do everything wandlessly as if it wasn't even a challenge; so really, despite the direct opposite houses...the whole magic thing they relate big time.

"And I've never really sat down and learned Healing so I wouldn't know. I don't really have an interest in it at all. But wandless magic is my strong suit. You can give me any spell...any problem you want me to do and I'll do it. You can argue all you want wit' me about t'e matter, but I assure you t'at I can do quite literally everyt'ing just as well without a wand. Some even say I'm better wit'out it," he said to her sternly, wondering why she was questioning his ability. She may not have intended to do it, but it sure came out like she was. Maybe he was looking too much into it too.

"He probably has to be honest," he agreed, fairly sure that the boy did do something like that. "And I'm sorry, prodigal was definitely not t'e word I was t'inking of. Talk about dumb on my part, but I do feel t'at he sometimes wastes his time arguing. He could be doing somet'ing much more efficient wit' his tim," he said to her, having nothing else to say about the boy. He didn't want to talk bad about a student. That just wasn't good teaching ethics on his part. People do it obviously, but he wasn't going to do it any longer.

"Yes, I realize the boy is good at Charms...I would even go as far to say that he could skip up to a higher level, but t'at doesn't really happen around here. I just feel as if when he goes into any work place t'at he might end up having a problem wit' authority, which never mixes well," he admitted, telling her the truth. Even in Quiddtich, there was a team captain that lead them and one had to listen to them; so he really could imagine what a regular workplace...like a healer...would be.

"And yes...arrogance has bit me in the arse before. I've lost my team an important game before due to my arrogance. So it can come back at you some point. T'at point may never happen, but some people are just lucky," he said to her, not really saying anything else. The conversation was certainly enlightening in some ways, but it was kind of depressing nonetheless. Well...actually...it was more stern than anything. She might have been smiling, but it made him wonder what she truly was feeling about it.

"No, I just want to see the boy succeed. He deserves it...he's been through a lot. His father worries about him too. I haven't even talked to the boy while he's been here. I just want to know if he's doing okay, that's all. No one is meddling in the boy's life here," he said to her, not knowing where she was going with that one either. If she had any idea what the situation was at all, maybe she would have understood why he took an interest in the boy. Unfortunately, she truly had no idea about anything that had to do with it. But just by his seriousness about the subject...one could figure out pretty easily just how much the situation effected him.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

OOC: Sorry, prodigal was not the word I wanted to use at all.I was really tired when I wrote that. But I'll just go with it.
mc2

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:08 am
User Image

"Chrissy"
Christina Anna Dechering
Metamorphagus

“Clingy is desperate. And being desperate is stupid,” Christina answered bluntly. “It drives a great many people away as much as it attracts some. Then again, maybe I’m being unfair with my categorization of people. I merely have my doubts how you manage to get as many girls to spend time with you in your younger years considering how cautious you tend to be around the women I have seen you be attracted to. I have trouble seeing how one’s personality-no matter how great a trauma happens in your life-could completely alter one’s personality.”

She raised a brow as he mentioned his own favorite students and mentioned a kid named Jeremy Long and she shrugged, “Long? I don’t remember the name. And honestly, showy magic would probably stand out, especially since most healing spells are fairly boring in appearance. It wouldn’t have probably interested a student like that. Maybe that is why my class lacks as much popularity as some electives do. Healing is practical but it is hardly something as neat as wandless magic or as thrilling as the idea of divination and being able to predict the future. Well, arithmancy is a predictive field as well-but it is a lot of math. My sister took it. I thought she was mad as a hatter for deciding not to only take CAT level arithmancy but WIT level arithmancy, but she’s more patient than me. Maybe that is the secret?” Christina shrugged and nodded though when Bréanainn agreed that David League probably made a game out of the points he lost or won for his house and then corrected himself about his terms. “Honestly, we all waste our times on one vice or another if you think about it. And, he probably could skip to another level in your class, probably even mine, he knows a great deal about muggle medicine as well, but from what I’ve seen I wouldn’t be surprised if he hadn’t started studying for the OWLs before he even was sorted. I know if I was him I wouldn’t even bother showing up to class half the time at the very least. So at least his attendance is admirable, he respects his professors enough to do that. I know I have another League this year-I think I heard somewhere he has a sister so that should be interesting. The girl is a Hufflepuff, I know that much. Hufflepuffs tend to be fairly easy going though. Siblings aren’t always that similar.”

Her good humor evaporated slightly when Bréanainn mentioned his arrogance had bit him in the arse before-and she had to remind herself of the difference of the British and American pronunctiation of the word. Well, she supposed Irish pronounced it as the British did. Bréanainn Conri was Irish. There was a difference. It was like assuming Vivienne was American just because she was Chrissy’s and Sophie’s cousin and Canadians had more of an American accent than a British one. “That’s why I like quidditch so much,” Chrissy said, “you can be a hero or the scum of the earth based on chance and your performance but at the end of the day you always knew there was another game to play and besides the potential lost money and lost faith of others not much harm came of it-no matter how important. I would never call it good fortune-but I did get the opportunity to realize early on that no matter how great you are you aren’t always going to win. Maybe why I handled my first year as a healer much better than many. Honestly, what I worry about with my more talented students who want to go into a healing profession is that they may be too good. Even the best of healers can’t save everyone. And the first person you can’t help get better is always the hardest on you-even if there was no way anyone could do anything.” She smiled and said, “But my field of study, while wonderful, can be a bit grim and depressing. It’s one of the reasons I have Lullaby. He reminds me exactly of my own limitations-no matter how awesome and amazing I am. And let’s face it,” she joked, “I am amazing and awesome.”

And she was still smiling her eyes a vibrant green as she listened as he grew more serious discussing the Gibbs boy and with a sigh her eyes shifted back to their typical blue, “He’s doing fine. Trust me, when it comes to me, if I don’t have a lot to say about a student one way or another it is a good thing. It is always a good thing. I don’t teach a subject he seems all that interested in and quite frankly I’m not exactly the type of professor students flock to, to confide in. But, he never struck me as the type to talk much about his problems. That isn’t a bad thing mind you-I’m the same way. Always was and always will be.”

“Sometimes space is the greatest kindness you can give to someone,” She said. “I’d say not to worry about it, but that is horrible advice to give someone. People can’t really choose how they feel about something. The best I can offer is to give you a distraction so how about this-you talk about how great of a quidditch player you were in your school years here. Hogwarts has that trophy room, right? Why not after our first week of classes, Friday night you show me around. Give me a grand tour. Talk about how you helped win your house trophies and what not. It’ll be entertaining. Besides, when you are a vain person, what is the best topic to talk about? Yourself right? I’ll agree to listen without making a single mocking or snide remark for up to an hour.”

She shrugged, “I’ll swear it on my father’s grave and consider it a kindness to students who get bored of you talking too much. Because you shouldn’t if you know at the end of the first week of classes you can talk as much as you want about yourself without interruption. Trust me; it is a horrible sacrifice, so you better take the offer while it is on the table. To have me around that long without comment should be considered almost a small miracle.”

RedEagleEye007

{OoC: Ah, sorry... well it happens-typos and stuff. And then someone responds before you realize it and you go 'gah'. I know I've done it before. 3nodding }

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:05 pm
Professor Landon Price
Former Hufflepuff
Advanced Flying

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Great Hall - Staff Table

Landon smiled at Attina. “Is that so?” He said knowing she was only teasing. “You no doubt have my permission to call me by my first name so long as I can do the same.” He added with a smile. She had a point about needing to have concentration for Transfiguration. It was one of the classes he did surprisingly well in. “That’s true. Never thought of it that way.” He said as he looked to the sorting.

So many young students were being sorted and Landon wondered how many of them would play Quidditch. “I can imagine that.” He said though he had yet to experience it, something told him he’d find it hard too once Emma grew up. “I’ve actually never had the privilege of teaching any of the Snow children. Although I have seen three play Quidditch on various teams.” He saw real talent in Shayna Snow the former Ravenclaw Seeker, even Raphael Snow seemed like a good Beater. “Though, I recall Miss Calaena Snow is taking both my classes this year.” Landon remembered.

“She’s eight.” Landon replied. “Her mother is stay with her while I’m here at the school.” He explained. “To be honest I’m new to the whole thing. I only just met her last year due to unfortunate circumstances.” He said remembering the day they showed up at his apartment asking for help.

With: Other professors... Attina

Wearing: Professional

OOC: ---

shabatha

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:57 pm
User Image
                                                You don't have to say you love me
                                                Just be close at hand
                                                You don't have to stay forever
                                                I will understand
                                                Believe me, believe me
                                                I can't help but love you

User Image
                                                ════════════════════════
                                                Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ || Hᴇᴀᴅᴍᴀsᴛᴇʀ || Pᴜʀᴇʙʟᴏᴏᴅ
                                                ════════════════════════

Timothy had watched the sorting, clapping as every student was sorted. This year's batch seemed an interesting bunch, but the headmaster was sure that everyone would be welcome at the school. He stood when the stool and such were put away and walked to the podium, turning to face the hall itself.

"Welcome back to another year of school for all students! I am Timothy Steele. For those of you who are new, I welcome you to Hogwarts. I hope that you all happen to enjoy the school year, and you enjoy your time at the school as much as possible. There are a few announcements that need to be made." He looked around the hall and continued.

"Sadly, that would be the school rules. There will be no magic in the halls of the school. The forest is off limits unless you want to be missing limbs or have a death wish. Pay attention in class and you should do well. Now, I hope for everyone to enjoy dinner, and relax. Classes will begin soon." Timothy smiled and clapped, food suddenly appearing on the tables at the sound. He himself took a seat at the table, already thinking that this would be an interesting year for him and the students.

════════════════════════

Thinking: I hope this year is a good one.
                                                OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Shiggalo

Lucky Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:00 pm
User Image
Talon Graves
Our scars remind us

Talon, now properly patched up and redressed, took an empty seat the the end of the table. He looked down at the rest of the staff and chewed his bottom lip slightly. 'Never was very good at meeting new people, guess that's why I prefer being around animals that are likely to chew my face off' He thought, looking out to the students and drumming his fingers against his chin. It appeared that he'd missed the sorting ceremony, which was unfortunate. He made a mental note to thank the Hungarian Horntail for that. Silently he reached forward and grabbed a goblet sitting on the table and took a sip from it. He nearly retched as the wine the goblet contained danced across his tongue and down his throat. It left an uncomfortable dryness lingering in his mouth and a sour look on his face. He set the goblet down and leaned back in his seat, doing his best to look professional.

Talon looked over to the person seated next to him and leaned in. "I apologize for my tardiness, I was......dealing with Horntail complications, not pretty" He started with a slight shake of his head "What did I miss?"

That the past is real

Care of Magical Creatures

Great Hall

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games