Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area
The Black Lake Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:20 am
User Image

Eretria rose an eyebrow at Jennifer. "Tee-Vee shows?" Honestly, how more muggle could you get? She knew that Chalmes constantly went over to friends' houses to watch whatever they were, and it boggled her mind that someone would enjoy whatever it was. "I'm sorry, I'm not familiar with hidden kamrahs. Are they some sort of muggle device?"

Looking over at Joseph, she gave a bit of a smirk. "Fenrir's a Golden Retriever. I got her last spring when my father travelled over to the colonies for a bit." Listening to how Joseph hoped to get into the same house as one of them, the smirked softened into a small smile. "I'm sure that you'll be fine."  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 9:29 am
User Image"Terribilis? Non. Aliquam erat iucundam! Ego amare cognita linguis! (Terrible? No. It was very enjoyable! I love learning languages​​!)" Shina told Rue. "In fact, loving languages is probably why apple chose me. Apple is powerful, good for Charms and Healing magic, and often found with those with the ability to converse with magical creatures in their own language. I'm hoping that apple choosing me indicates that I will be able to learn some of the magical languages. Kitsune fur is good for transfiguration, invisibility, and illusion."

Shina shrugged. "Besides, learning an ancient language was good for helping me feel more tied to my Western heritage. Mother brought over 1300 years of pureblood heritage and traditions with her when she married father, but father of course cannot trace his history nearly as far. The dark ages did destroy so much Western history..." Shina trailed off. She looked at Cheshire, but made no move to pet the kitten. She wouldn't want Hana to smell another cat on her!  

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

enoetoe

Witty Citizen

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 12:14 pm
User Image

█ █ █ █ █ █

J E N N I F E R - K A P L A N

f i r s t y e a r - u n s o r t e d

█ █ █ █ █ █

"to be or not to be, that is the question."
- william shakespear

╔══════════════════╗

Before explaining TV to Eretria, Jennie thought happily, Aha! Finally something I'm expert on! She was actually a tad surprised that Eretria didn't know what TV was, but she guessed it wasn't really a wizard thing. "TV is like a screen that shows movies and videos... and cameras can take pictures and capture moving pictures, which are called videos." Jennie explained, finding it strange that she couldn't describe it any better then that.

╚══════════════════╝

out of character;;; Short post, sorry! I had a big math exam today and I'm still stressed about it.

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:58 pm

L O U V E N I A ○●○●○ L I V I N G S T O N
○●○●○ 1st Year ||| Unsorted ○●○●○
LLL
User Image
LLL
LLL
Friendship is unnecessary, like philosophy, like art... It has no survival value; rather it is one of those things that give value to survival.
LLL
LLL
“Thank you,” Louvenia replied, her voice crisp. She gingerly took the hand that was held out to her, still holding on to the skirts of her robe, and let the boy pull her into the boat. The contact was brief, the movements and speed efficient. The blonde gave him a very quick and small smile to express her gratitude. It was polite of him.

After Benjamin introduced himself, she did too: “Hello, Ben. I’m Louvenia Livingston.” The exchange felt business-like to her, though she used a more familiar version of his name. The only thing missing was a handshake. Louvenia took a seat on the back row, and then turned her head when there was the faint sound of water splashing. Another student, a fellow first year with black-brown hair came to join them.

The girl briefly stared at the new comer neutrally with veiled curiosity. He certainly didn’t seem to think much of her...or at least that what she thought. He wasn’t emoting enough for her to properly tell. …Or was she just in denial? Louvenia didn’t know. After the boys had their brief exchange everyone was quiet. Benjamin was calmly gazing at the lake, while Matthew seemed to be keen on placing as much distance between him and her as he could. The atmosphere was a bit awkward, but she ignored it.

‘No need to feel uncomfortable for a crime that may or may not exist.’ She told herself. 'And if there is a problem, for something you cannot help.'

Louvenia fell back into her musings and thoughts again, like she did at the station. She wondered what was on the pages she had yet to read in Hogwarts, A History . ‘Probably the method, in which they used to sort people into their houses,’ she grouched to herself mentally. After she gave up on her guessing game of the sorting test was, the blonde started to wonder about which house she’d be placed in. It was hard for her to that, to analyze her traits, and she didn’t have a preference for any of them either --- though she knew enough about each one to know the differences and their prized virtues.

LLL
LLL
OOC: I don’t know if I’m late, or if everyone just posting fast, but sorry for the wait.

HarmoniaCurrency

Invisible Regular

6,250 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Regular 100

Catastrophic Ecstasy

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 2:16 pm
Elliot grinned slightly and nodded himself. He shifted the kitten so that Rue could reach him, though when he tried moving Cheshire off of his lap tiny claws sank through his robes, actually managing to p***k him through his trousers underneath. He shook his head at the kitten who was now perched on his knee and purring.
"Go right ahead. He loves attention." The boy gestured slightly to the small kitten then turned to look at Shina and grinned slightly, feeling comfortable with something. Nihongo wo sumu. Watashitachi ha subete totomo ni naru koto deshou." This was fun! His sister preferred sciences to languages, so he was never really able to converse with her this way, and his parents were usually too busy to do so either. Because he was looking at Shina, he saw her eyes flick to Cheshire then away, but he shrugged and looked back. The castle was looming larger and larger, and it just made his nerves resurge. One hand began drumming on his leg again, while his other hand fiddled with the edge of his hat.

{{Translations: I prefer Japanese. I hope we will end up together. (Meaning housewise)}}  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:39 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
UNSORTED 1st Year

Current Mood: Nervous xxx Location: The Black Lake

The sour-faced girl was quite surprised to see a hand beckoning her. She barely breathed, looking all around her for the familiar face that the stranger must have sought. It would seem nobody had noticed the gesture but her, and so it must have been her's alone. At the risk of great embarrassment, an urgency overtook Rona and she found herself inching closer to the group as they settled into their little boat.

"Hi." She squeaked, clearing her throat before continuing. "Can I sit here?"

The answer was an obvious 'yes!', but being Rona meant very little social prowess. She lingered a moment before taking a seat beside the girls, stowing her little barred owl just beneath the bend of her knees.

Rona never had much to say other than the occasional jab or question, and the same held true for this moment now. She studied the others closely, from the lines of color in their eyes to the tips of their hair. They all seemed rather normal. She'd always thought magical folk might have strange ears or incredible height... something worth gawking at, anyway.

She didn't ask for names.

With:
Adonyx Ravenblood[color=white]
Payton Loughty III

OOC: ...

Owlied

Timid Werewolf

4,150 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:44 pm
User Image
Chase Henrick
~ Unsorted ::: First Year ~

User Image

Chase only listened to the conversation about the four houses. Which one would he fit in? He already went over this earlier, but he couldn't help but ponder over it again. He had to be patient and wait for the Sorting Hat to do its tricks. At the moment, he knew he wouldn't fit into Gryffindor or Hufflepuff, but who knows? The Hat is quite eccentric.

"Hate is a strong word," he said. But why is love thrown around carelessly?

User Image

"The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being.
His heart withers if it does not answer another heart.
His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration."
- Pearl S. Buck

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:15 pm
Marko James

I may not fully SEE you....
I may not fully HEAR you..

User Image ````Marko shook his head again. He knew that he would be Ok. He knew that he was not going to throw up. He had not thrown up since he was an infant. However he still felt sick. He just wanted to be back on land.
But I KNOW you are there.

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

-Mister Grell Sutcliff-

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 4:50 pm
`•.¸¸.••´´`•.(`•.¸Payton Loughty III¸.•´).•´``•• .¸¸.•´

•°o.O First Year~ Unsorted O.o°•

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
׺°”˜`”°º×☠׺°”˜`”°º×
She watched in amusement as the female looked around expecting someone else to step forth. Payton simply gestured for her again then observed her as she drew near.'She's an interesting one.' The note was stored somewhere in the back of her head in the file named 'first impressions. When the female gave her greeting and asked to site Payton nodded as an answer to both.

"Payton." She gave a single word introduction as the girl settled in next to her. "This is Leanne." She pointed to the the red head who -to her horror- was quickly growing on her. "And this is Miss Melissa-Marie Johnson or just M.J." She pointed out the the pretty eyed female. "Don't introduce yourself if you are uncomfortable. It makes no difference." 'Because I won't be socializing with you after this.' That thought was left off, but it was still heard. She didn't plan on socializing with anyone throughout the year for that matter. He eyes strayed between the water and the people in her boat in a lazy manner. She caught the unnamed girl studying them. 'Take a picture.' Very nearly exited her mouth, but she held it in opting to continue petting the ever purring Ishtar.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
Hear me sing the song of the week:My Heart Will Go On
Time of Day/Date:〗Night
Mood:〗Neutral/ Slightly annoyed (as per usual)
〖【OutOfCandy:
┗━━━━━━━━━┛

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:01 pm

Ariana Hawthorne
First Year: Unsorted

User Image
§ M I L Σ ツ
it looks good on you.

Ariana looked at Chase. By the look in her eyes, anybody could tell she agreed that hate is a strong word. Ariana couldn't imagine living in a muggle world and not being allowed to play with the children. Her family was extremely loving, and they accepted just about anyone. That may be the reason why Ariana tries to befriend anyone and everyone. If it isn't the reason, it's sure to have had an impact on her.

wearing

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

MDaylus

Quotable Creature

12,400 Points
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:45 pm
User Image
Melissa-Marie Jonstone
Call me M.J.

M.J. watched everything in silence, head tilted as she listened to the chatter of both those on the boat and those around them. She was a little overwhelmed still, not used to so many people doing so many different things at once. Bright green eyes flashing slightly in the lantern light as she watched each person, memorizing faces and names, she didn’t miss a single sign from those on her boat. She’d been trained as an observer for years after all.

Finally focusing most of her attention on Payton as a new girl slipped onto the boat, she frowned. “Payton…..I don’t mean to be nosey, but are you not feeling well?” she finally asked, not seeming at all ashamed of the question or the fact that it might not be completely polite. She didn’t know much about if something was rude or not, so she just hoped for the best and charged on ahead. “I probably have a potion to help if you aren’t feeling well. Mom used to call me a walking medicine cabinet.”

Unsorted : First Year

{{OOC: Sorry I haven’t been on recently. Life happened.}}

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 5:56 pm
User Image"本当ですか?私は別の日本のスピーカーを見つけることを期待しませんでした!(Really? I was not expecting to find anyone else who spoke Japanese!)" Shina said, excited. She had thought that she might run into a few other Latin speakers, as Western magic was heavily Latin-based, but finding someone else able to speak Japanese was a pleasant surprise.

Shina glanced at Elliot's fidgeting hands. "You should try to present a calm appearance. If your first impression is of a calm, collected and friendly person, you stand a better chance of making profitable alliances," Shina said. Her expression was still warm and open, but for just a moment, there was something calculating in her eyes. "If you have a hard time keeping your hands still, try doing something with them." Shina pulled a small, soft cloth from a hidden pocket in her sleeve and polished her already spotless wand briefly, before returning both wand and cloth to their proper places up her sleeves.

((OOC: Where did you find a romaji translator? All the ones I have been able to find use just Kanji!))  

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

Catastrophic Ecstasy

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 6:13 pm
"Sou desu yo. Demo, sukoshi nihongo wo wakarimasu." Elliot had hoped she would understand Japanese since it seemed that her mother was from there, but he hadn't wanted to just assume that she knew it and ask her. He looked down at his hands and thought about what she had said, then shrugged and shook his head. It was apparent that while they might value some of the same things, in other regards they didn't quite see eye to eye. But then again, that was perfectly understandable, since few kids their age would be exactly alike.

"I"m not here to look for profitable alliances as you say it. I'm here to learn about magic and make friends. I'm going to be keeping up with my mundane studies through correspondence courses, and then when I decide whether to get a job in the magical world or the mundane, I'll be ready no matter where I decide to go." He shrugged slightly. "And I don't really believe in false appearances. I do try to keep my nervousness down, but I'd rather show the truth than make people believe in something that isn't there."

{{OOC: Ah. Well, the thing is, it's not really an online translator. I'm learning Japanese IRL. And since the classes I'm taking combine romaji, hiragana, katakana, and kanji, it's easy for me to bounce back and forth.))  
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:07 pm
User ImageShina noded and smiled. "Sorry, I didn't mean to say you should lie about who you are. I'm afraid my business side is coming through. I'm to be Father's heir, so I have to be aware of such things. Mother is magical, but has no real ties to the Western magical community. If the company is to grow in the Western magical community, the alliances I make as a student of Hogwarts will be invaluable. I am the first British witch of my family, so I must give the best impression if I am to promote my family," Shina told Elliot.

She paused, and continued. "Though, I suppose no reputation is better than a poor one. I feel sorry for the children of the supporters of Voldemort in the last war. Then again, too much fame can be crippling. I would not like to bear the constant scrutiny the Honorable Survivor must deal with."

"But fame aside, I am here to learn all that I can, establish myself as a witch of good repute, and make my parents proud. I must show myself to be a worthy heir of Father's line of business success, and a worth daughter to my mother's bloodline," Shina said with fierce determination. "Friends would be nice, but they mustn't be my primary concern." Her eyes went flat as she remembered hearing her best friend. "...only friends with her because Father told me to be...It's good for his business deals!"

((OOC: I see! That makes sense. But I've only had a single semester, three years ago, so I'm beyond rusty. For the sake of not driving myself mad, I'm using translators instead of trying to use my meager skills. Shina is more capable with languages than I am, so I'm not fluent, even though she is. ....Gah, I sound like those actors. "I'm not a doctor, but I play on on TV!" Anyway, if you want me to respond, you're going to have to include translations. I got something like "I know! But, I only understand a little Japanese" from what you wrote, and I'm not really sure on that. ...at all. ^^; ))  

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Skilled Camper

23,025 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 7:54 pm

Amanda Davis
First Year: Unsorted

User Image
You Touch Me..
I break you.

Amanda pushed her way through the crowd of first years. God, they're everywhere, she thought, shoving one to the side. Arriving at the boats, she noticed there weren't any empty boats left. Sighing, she walked over to a boat which seated two boys; one blond and one brunette. "Can I sit here? she asked Matt and Ben rudely, making it obvious she wasn't up for a chat.

wearing

The Forbidden Forest, the Lake, and Surrounding Area

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 174 175 176 177 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games