Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Star Wars Weapons Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:55 pm
What's the Desert Eagle of Blasters?

IR-5 is the PLR-16 in Star Wars lol.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:52 pm
Truth be told.. I like the DC 15S.

Really any of the DC 15 models were great weapons, easy to service and they took a beating.

My current char in TT carries dual DC 15s sidearms along with a DC 15s carbine and slings a CR-1 over his shoulder as.. a persuader.  

Eraik Tayhaai

Besuliik Deakin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:38 pm
DC's are win, yes. The sidearm had an annoying recharge rate.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:48 am
Mandalore Warrior. Why would you want to know what the Star Wars equivalent of the Desert Eagle is?

The Desert Eagle is an overpowered, unreliable, small magazine pistol thats only use is as a display of wealth and a means of overcompensating for a certain male failing.  

stellarmagic

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:29 am
Maybe he plays a lot of Counter-Strike?  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:19 am
On the topic of Starwars/RL weaponry...

Anyone know what an M9 Beretta would be compared to?

Rendin Verta

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 8:55 am
stellarmagic
Mandalore Warrior. Why would you want to know what the Star Wars equivalent of the Desert Eagle is?

The Desert Eagle is an overpowered, unreliable, small magazine pistol thats only use is as a display of wealth and a means of overcompensating for a certain male failing.

Well, I own one up in PA. Overpowered is good, if you ask me. Small mag, that's fine. It'll blow a hole in the enemy big enough to get him to stop as well as any others with'em. It's not a display at our house, it's pride and joy. Our PDW next to the wondrous AK. And I don't play Counter Strike.

Carth, maybe a CDEF? Not strong, but, still effective.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:39 pm
I love Counter Strike. So I much enjoyed that joke, thank you.  

Jaden_Ordo

Eraik Tayhaai

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 9:58 pm
Mandalore Warrior
stellarmagic

Well, I own one up in PA. Overpowered is good, if you ask me. Small mag, that's fine. It'll blow a hole in the enemy big enough to get him to stop as well as any others with'em. It's not a display at our house, it's pride and joy. Our PDW next to the wondrous AK. And I don't play Counter Strike.

No offense to Mandalore Warrior, but I believe the .50 cal Glock 21 with the conversion is far more reliable and costs alot less. More punch for the penny and for a warrior its about the long haul. Not to mention the new ammo for the glock is about 4 bucks cheaper for a box..  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:01 pm
Jaden_Ordo
I love Counter Strike. So I much enjoyed that joke, thank you.
No problem. Used to play that a ton as well. Now I'm addicted to TF2, but that's getting off topic.

Carry on.  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:19 am
AK and Desert Eagle as a PDW? Maybe the .410 Shotgun conversion for the Desert Eagle and the Saiga series of Shotguns patterned off the AK. Both the AK and Desert Eagle have a nasty habit of going through the walls of your house and killing your wife/kid in the room next door. A Shotgun loaded with bird or small buckshot doesn't do that.

As for target and sports shooting... Give me a Ruger single action revolver over any Semi-automatic, or any bolt-action rifle over any semi.

For actual all-out combat... I'd prefer a reliable, accurate, and controllable semi-automatic. Say a Kimber knock-off of the Colt .45 or almost any pistol made by Walther. A Saiga MK-3 Carbine chambered for the 7.62x39, not one rechambered for the .223 Remington or the "modern" 5.45x39 AK round.

Hell I'd go with one chambered for the 9x39mm low-velocity round if they made it.

As for Carthson Blikk. The M9 Beretta...
Cough... Cough... Remind me again why the US army chose that 9x19mm pistol when there were so many better ones around. Anyway. The Beretta has a decent sized magazine, corrosion problems, relatively low accuracy, and a tendency to break after long series of firings.

What comes to my mind is the SE-14 series of blasters.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:23 am
Possibly because the equipment is made by the lowest bidder. Or at least that seems to be a tendency.  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:27 am
Yeah... We did need to replace the M1911 Colt .45, or at least get some new ones. The real reason we replaced it was that most of them that were in inventory were 20+ years old and shot out.

Funny thing, the Beretta is slowly being removed from service and not being replaced (At least not with a new pistol). The Pentagon has decided pistols don't have much of a place in modern warfare and now issues low level officers and nco's just the M4 carbine and no sidearm.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:34 am
I wonder if it will turn out like when the government thought that we didn't need machine guns on fighters, only missiles.  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:18 am
Eraik Tayhaai
Mandalore Warrior
stellarmagic

No offense to Mandalore Warrior, but I believe the .50 cal Glock 21 with the conversion is far more reliable and costs alot less. More punch for the penny and for a warrior its about the long haul. Not to mention the new ammo for the glock is about 4 bucks cheaper for a box..

Bet your a**, you're right. I payed around 2 grand for the D. Eagle. .50 GI's are great, I'd get one as soon as I have the chance. I've had an 18 before wink That was fun.

Stellar, we're Albanian, and my family is nuts. In their POV, the bigger the better. A .410 shotty would've been nice, my grandfather wanted an M1887, but the AK was sick. It looks tactical. Yah, Ruger's great for target and sports. See, I love 1911's. And after shooting my neighbors, I'd gladly trade him my bulky Desert Eagle. I've even seen posters for conversion kits on Kimber's. .50 cal too.

The M9 is my worst enemy. I hate it and our military for switching it for a .45. Lee Ermy was talking about it; I think he said it was about mag cap. Stopping power pwned the M9.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games