Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official Australian Guild
GENERAL CHAT || Speak here. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 640 641 642 643 644 645 ... 664 665 666 667 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ManagerKyoto

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:25 am
I also only have 3 subjects this semester, but two of them require mounds of research and other requires me to learn calculas.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:15 pm
ewwww, calculus....

is it weird to shave off feet hair cuz your bored?  

scruffy012

DNA_Guru
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:11 pm
scruffy012
lol lucky razz , ive got 5 subjects this sem, but only 35CP.
I'm on 3 and it's 40CP. One's a research based subject, then I have my language class and a culture component on top of that. I'd say it's easy enough  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:08 am
What is wrong with calculas? It is brilliant and the world would not be the same if it were not for calculas.

Like mainland Eurpoe and England would not have hated each other so much because the quiet and reserved Issac Newton came up with it before the loud and vocal Gottfried Liebnitz. But it does not matter who thought it up first because they both gave it a different twist and that is their notation of derivative.  

ManagerKyoto

DNA_Guru
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:44 pm
Calculus just isn't the most enjoyable use of time.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 6:13 am
Oh, but it is!

In fact, I have a picture (that I will be getting a t-shirt of) that concurs with me!.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

ManagerKyoto

DNA_Guru
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 10:09 pm
Ehehe, no.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 1:15 am
:O That shirt= FTW xD are you eventually going to get it Manky?

AND JUST SO YOU KNOW JONO~
Yeah im aiight now, my arms not broken i pulled ligaments and tendons like andrew said LAWL~ my mum over reacts sometimes xD it just hurt ALOT~

<,< But the X-ray ladeh was MEAN AS~
She didnt care for my pain my arm couldnt stretch out on the X-ray table so she reefed it down....It made Liddle Lexie Cry TT____TT
but now its kinda okay...Untill this morning when i was on the train and i slipped i grabbed the pole with my sore arm..it killed ....
I gotta stop doing those reflex reactions of grabbing with the right arm...

Alexie dennison Jnr

ManagerKyoto

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:25 am
Hehe, I think I know someone who does not like maths. *nudges Guru* I can not understand why you would not like it, it is used everywhere!

And yes, I intend to get it before the end of the october. I should have money by then.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:00 am
I went from hating maths to loving it, plus it helps keep my left side of my brain in action since I mostly use the right. That said it doesnt over take my obession with english.  

Lily Lupus

2,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250

nrasjaa

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 7:18 am
Lily Lupus
I went from hating maths to loving it, plus it helps keep my left side of my brain in action since I mostly use the right. That said it doesnt over take my obession with english.

o_0  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:47 pm
ah crap...looking at this thread with all the math talk just sent a blinding reminder into my head that I have a massive math exam next week...  

ethuil

DNA_Guru
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 9:41 pm
ManagerKyoto
Hehe, I think I know someone who does not like maths. *nudges Guru* I can not understand why you would not like it, it is used everywhere!

And yes, I intend to get it before the end of the october. I should have money by then.
Maths is everywhere yes, but the practical usage of which is next to nil. I really don't need to know the tangent to the curve of a right angled triangle. IT'S NOT HELPFUL. Every bit of Maths I learnt in my HSC was useless.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 7:48 am
See, you are looking at it from a none productive point of view. True, it does not hold much use in everyday live- but the industial uses are exponential. Discplacement, rates of change, velocities, acceleration and much more can be found from calculus.

And there is something wrong if you are trying to find the tangent of a curve of a right anlged triangle because if there is a curve within a triangle, it becomes a cone, sector, segment and other weird and wonderful shapes.

Now, we should move onto another topic, as neither of us are going to shift from of positions.  

ManagerKyoto

DNA_Guru
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:12 am
Obviously not. I'm doing an Arts degree now so knowing calculus for me isn't really that productive. I'm not saying it's overall useless I'm just saying it's of no use to me personally.  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 640 641 642 643 644 645 ... 664 665 666 667 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games