Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Star Wars Weapons Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:39 am
9mm Beretta?
I'd almost say the DL-18 due to how freaking common the gun suposedly is.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:16 pm
So as I'm watching the Clone Wars, I begin to question the limited distribution of the Z-6 Blaster chaingun.
First we see ARC troopers use it, then we see Republic Commandos favoring it, now with the Advent of the series we're getting it to be the standard Squad Automatic Weapon. Even in production notes its labeled as the Clone Machine Gun.

Either the z-6 is in need of some retconning or the Z-6 used by special forces is a different beast from the Machine Gun seen in Clone Wars.

This could be very plausable, as when we first see it, the Z-6 has a drum magazine, larger barrels arranged closer together, and required a strap to help handle the weight.
In the new Series, the gun has smaller barrels spaced wider apart and is lacking both the circular drum and the strap.  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:34 pm
Mandalore Warrior
Eraik Tayhaai
Mandalore Warrior
stellarmagic
Mandalore Warrior. Why would you want to know what the Star Wars equivalent of the Desert Eagle is?

The Desert Eagle is an overpowered, unreliable, small magazine pistol thats only use is as a display of wealth and a means of overcompensating for a certain male failing.

Well, I own one up in PA. Overpowered is good, if you ask me. Small mag, that's fine. It'll blow a hole in the enemy big enough to get him to stop as well as any others with'em. It's not a display at our house, it's pride and joy. Our PDW next to the wondrous AK. And I don't play Counter Strike.

Carth, maybe a CDEF? Not strong, but, still effective.

No offense to Mandalore Warrior, but I believe the .50 cal Glock 21 with the conversion is far more reliable and costs alot less. More punch for the penny and for a warrior its about the long haul. Not to mention the new ammo for the glock is about 4 bucks cheaper for a box..

Bet your a**, you're right. I payed around 2 grand for the D. Eagle. .50 GI's are great, I'd get one as soon as I have the chance. I've had an 18 before wink That was fun.

Stellar, we're Albanian, and my family is nuts. In their POV, the bigger the better. A .410 shotty would've been nice, my grandfather wanted an M1887, but the AK was sick. It looks tactical. Yah, Ruger's great for target and sports. See, I love 1911's. And after shooting my neighbors, I'd gladly trade him my bulky Desert Eagle. I've even seen posters for conversion kits on Kimber's. .50 cal too.

The M9 is my worst enemy. I hate it and our military for switching it for a .45. Lee Ermy was talking about it; I think he said it was about mag cap. Stopping power pwned the M9.

If tactical appearance is what you want for home defense... Get a Saiga 12, 20, or 410. All it is is an AK that fires shotgun shells, plus I bet its a lot of fun to shoot clay pigeons with one of those bastards. I'd buy one if I had the money... that or a Ruger Revolver.

Don't knock the 9x19mm Parabellum. As a balance point for hitpower, mag capacity, and controllablility nothing comes close. Still the M9 sucks balls when compared to guns like the 9mm Glocks and Walthers, it doesn't even have as much magazine capacity as the Walther P99. But compared to the Russian 7.62x18, 5.45x18, and 9x18 pistol rounds its got a lot of knock down power.

I just wish someone in russia would release a civilian version of their new 9x39mm cartridge. More knock down power and less penetration then the 5.45x39 or 7.62x39. Unfortunately right now the only people in the world that have gotten a chance to try it and weapons chambered for it is spetz natz.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:38 pm
I've seen the Saiga. I like it, as I do shotguns, but the 47 is my baby. Two black collapsible and folding stocks and black wood. The gas tube wood has the Hammer and Sickle etched in it. The store owner who sold it to us claimed it was "original Spetsnaz." BS, much? Costly? Hell to the yes. Worth it? Absolutely. Cool thing is, my family says to the neighbors "my son/grandson has an AK." I come out and they scratch their heads.

The 9mm makes me shiver. .44 or higher is my caliber standards XD. Oh yeah, much more stable compared to the bigger calibers. First time popping the DEagle, almost broke my wrist. The 1911 is a bit more stable, but the M9 was pretty smooth. It's total BS in COD4 shooting the DEagle like that. Complete BS.

Haven't heard of the 9x39mm. I'll look into it. Favorite Russian handgun; Tokarev.  

Valkore Fraust

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:45 pm
MW, you remind me of that one scottsman in Braveheart, who challenges william wallace to the rock throwing contest.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:47 pm
*Titters* 4laugh  

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:49 pm
What are you snickering about?  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:50 pm
Reminded of that scene.  

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:53 pm
Well, there is some advantages to using a smaller caliber.

1) cheaper ammo.
2) teaches you how to shoot better.
3) You don't have to pay for medical bills because you thought your Barret was a perfect choice to start your 4 year old on to shoot.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:54 pm
Wasnt that 1st one one of the arguements used when Russia shrank the caliber on the AK series?  

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:58 pm
Nelowulf
MW, you remind me of that one scottsman in Braveheart, who challenges william wallace to the rock throwing contest.

lol The one where throwing a rock has nothing to do with battle? Great, thanks.

You and Cale remind me of my bud in SWG, LordBraveHeart LOL.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:58 pm
Well, what's russia got to shoot at? Nothing really. They're broke as hell, and the only major 'threat' to them is probably China, and they don't give a damn...

But yes, when you've got an army and nothing to kill, smaller ammunition tends to become prominent. Especially in today's world, where most of the fighting usually involves factions with little to no armor to punch through. I mean, the US is the only major faction which has standard body armor in today's battlefront...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:01 pm
Mandalore Warrior
Nelowulf

lol The one where throwing a rock has nothing to do with battle? Great, thanks.

You and Cale remind me of my bud in SWG, LordBraveHeart LOL.

You're welcome. *throws pebble square at your head and connects*

Anyone can love a big gun. That's my only beef. Who doesn't want to go jesse ventura on someone's a** with a vulcan? But I dare you to go squirrel hunting with a AR-50.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:04 pm
Nelowulf
Well, there is some advantages to using a smaller caliber.

1) cheaper ammo.
2) teaches you how to shoot better.
3) You don't have to pay for medical bills because you thought your Barret was a perfect choice to start your 4 year old on to shoot.

Damn skippy. I started with a .22 with my friends father. God he was awesome. He had a 7.62 lever action (if I recall right), broke my bloody shoulder LOL. My shoulder jutted back, I groaned, cocked it and shot again. I felt up top cause the other rough boy Albanians shot once and left it lol.

rofl Nelo.

Yeah, we don't hunt. We have when we borrowed a Romanian AK (Shhh...) lol  

Valkore Fraust

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:10 pm
Personally I wanted to use my NHM-90 for turkeys. Nothing spells illegal like chinese sniper rifles...  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games