Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Mysteries Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:40 pm
That's a really good question. I was about to refer the Mandalorians and Iridorians. They're not really different either; Mandalorians go for credits over bloodshed.

I guess, in the end, the Echani are pretty soft in their eyes, no? It's kind of like a rivalry, in a bitter sense. They were lighter, and quicker. It was really a tense rivalry, IMO.

That's the kind of question that makes you go "Oh, I know that!---....Hmm..." lol. Good one.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:44 pm
Do the mandos hate the Echani?
I always figured the Echani considered the Mandalorians to be barbarians and by that token the two dont like each other.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:48 pm
Yeah I thought of it like that, too. Everyone thought of them/us as barbarians lol. Aye Jaden? He could vouch for that. I never liked the Echani. They're kind of like Jedi... Mandalorians are definitely the Spartans, and they're more like the Athenians. Smarter, less warlike.

Iridorians are sick, in the cool and chilling way.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:53 pm
Not really.
Mandos are Gauls, Iridorians are Scandinavians, and the Echani are...i dunno.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:56 pm
I think we can base them off Spartans. Warlike and honorable. Death before dishonor, that type of thing. Gauls, I guess, too. Echani bother me. Hated them in KOTOR.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:04 pm
The spartans were a warrior cult with rather unimaginative combat tactics.
The Gauls invented the greatest armor of all time, had female warriors, and fought against a powerful Republic before eventually being adopted into mperial Legions.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:08 pm
I wouldn't expect you to know me well; I passed history with a miracle. I remember hearing Gauls, but I went to sleep. The fat man instructing the class referred to Mandalorians when Spartans came up. Spartans did have tough women, though. lol... feminist Mandalorians xD

Edit: Tuskens... who were they based off of? Jawas, too.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:16 pm
Mandalore Warrior
That's a really good question. I was about to refer the Mandalorians and Iridorians. They're not really different either; Mandalorians go for credits over bloodshed.

I guess, in the end, the Echani are pretty soft in their eyes, no? It's kind of like a rivalry, in a bitter sense. They were lighter, and quicker. It was really a tense rivalry, IMO.

That's the kind of question that makes you go "Oh, I know that!---....Hmm..." lol. Good one.
WRONG NER VOD. I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU WOULD UTTER SUCH AN ARUETISE THING FROM YOUR MOUTH!

Mandalorians are NOT about credits. We are about honor. We are about glory. If a Mandalorian fights in a battle, with all of his soul, with all the tools and skills at his disposal, then even if he loses, he has fought honorable and with valor and strength and purpose. Any Mando'ad that fights solely for credits and nothing else has become dar'manda and must find his soul again. Don't get me wrong, credits are nice, but credits are not the motivating force behind a Mandalorian's beskad.
Honor. Honor is a Mando'ades heart.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why the rivalry/hatred with/for the Echani? Their combat flows. It is slow and gentle but is said to hit hard. Their techniques flow like water.
We fight hard. We are fast and rough and hit like a disruptor on bare skin. Our fists rock the heavens.
And they have the gall to say that their techniques trump ours? Their soft, watery attacks? When our fists are like rockets and our will is harder than the toughest durasteel. And then they make their armor to fit their pansy fighting style and try to say it is better than our beskar'gam. My shebs it's better than our beskar'gam.

That is why most Mandalorians hate the Echani.  

Jaden_Ordo

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:20 pm
where's that quote from?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 8:22 pm
Its not. I just wrote it. But I italicized it to show I was writing it from the perspective of a Mandalorian that hates the Echani.

I personally do not enjoy spending vast amounts of time with them, but I respect that they do have formidable combat skills, however pathetically gentle they seem.  

Jaden_Ordo

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:08 am
From your POV, Vod. There's quite a few examples of Mandalorians taking cash over pure killing. Unlike the Iridorians, who get hyped up to the point of killing a friendly. It's like this; Ok, dude, your options are to kill this guy with a machete for 500 credits and make it bloody, or, fight to win for a thousand.

Know what I mean? Like I said, Iridorians are sick little bastards.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:00 am
We aren't going to make it overly bloody or brutal, I agree with that. But you have to be careful with your wording. I was tired last night, but I took it as Mandalorians fight for money. Which I now know you didn't mean.

I apologise for snapping at you, ner vod. Just dont play our belief system down too much.  

Jaden_Ordo

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:37 pm
It's ok, mate. Honor over credits, credits over bloodshed. I should've said that. Wording is a pain, especially for me. I speak a mile a minute.

Here's a question that's been bugging me for sometime; entertainment. Do they watch holograms like... cartoon holo's?  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:43 pm
Yep.
Holovision is akin to having the internet and TV rolled into one. Thats why the Holonet is so important in Star Wars.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:48 pm
lol That's pretty strange. Aren't the holograms blue? Or are they colored as well?

I even remember seeing like... a droid football being aired in Episode I, the Coruscant cantina.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games