Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 649 650 651 652 653 654 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

elvisnake

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:36 pm
No, Cloak of the Sith is afterwards, I believe. The rp says it takes place in 1500 BBY, and the KotOR games are somewhere in the 3000s BBY. The reverse dating in pre-yavin years means that 3000 is beofre 1500. The New Sith War was the last major conflict beofre the Clone Wars, orrucing after the events of the KotOR games.
EDIT: Yeah, the rp began with an artifact called "Revan's Shield", and I'm pretty sure there's a Sith Warship called "Revan's Legacy" in there somewhere too. It's definitely post Jedi-Civil War  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:42 pm
Wow....I'm alot more rusty than i thought then....I'm sorry. Well, I'll say that a Dynamic-class would be a bit more than an antique, I'd call it space-dust.

The Millennium Falcon was old at 40 years.  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

elvisnake

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:47 pm
True. It's ancient status is part of why my less-than wealthy character could afford it, though. Heck, we can say the line was revitalized or something, and it's part of the new line of dynamics. Who knows?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:49 pm
elvisnake
No, Cloak of the Sith is afterwards, I believe. The rp says it takes place in 1500 BBY, and the KotOR games are somewhere in the 3000s BBY. The reverse dating in pre-yavin years means that 3000 is beofre 1500. The New Sith War was the last major conflict beofre the Clone Wars, orrucing after the events of the KotOR games.
EDIT: Yeah, the rp began with an artifact called "Revan's Shield", and I'm pretty sure there's a Sith Warship called "Revan's Legacy" in there somewhere too. It's definitely post Jedi-Civil War

KotOR is 4,000 BBY.  

Rodyn

elvisnake

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:50 pm
So it is, so it is.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:50 pm
Additionally, Marr/Aurin has a Dynamic-Class freighter. Though that's because he attempts to emulate Revan.  

Rodyn

elvisnake

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:56 pm
so it's not too unlikely that Dynamic Freighters at least exist in this time period. They may be old, but it's likely that new ones were made at some point relatively recently. My idea for Randall's ship was that it's about 90 years old or so, extremely used.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:09 pm
There's also refits, or even replicas.

Besides, if Hammerheads and Aureks are still around, then I think a Dynamic could still be around.  

Rodyn

elvisnake

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:43 pm
exactly. the lack of information about the era on Wookiee means we either have to use old tech, or make up our own.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 4:46 pm
And old tech is easier to work with. Although, blocky designs and heavy armor would probably dominate this era, as if you consider that before yavin, ships were like the ARC-170s, Y-wings, millenium falcon, etc, all ships which valued armor over speed. Cloakshape fighter is another one...  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:34 am
My original character design was based a lot on Revan because I was really into that era when I came up with it. Since then I have departed from my original concept. Now I'd say he's more like a mix between Count Dooku, Thrawn, and Captain Picard.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:37 am
elvisnake
so it's not too unlikely that Dynamic Freighters at least exist in this time period. They may be old, but it's likely that new ones were made at some point relatively recently.

If you want, I could just say that Lyran Industries did a limited production run of an updated model a few years back, when Marr was tweaking the design for his personal ship. That would explain its availability in this era...  

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50

elvisnake

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:13 pm
Either way. You can say it, or we can just assume it, as long as the ship runs, I'll be fine.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 12:41 pm
I don't think anyone in the RP can claim any similarities to Thrawn, no one has quite his strategic or tactical savvy.  

stellarmagic

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:59 pm
stellarmagic
I don't think anyone in the RP can claim any similarities to Thrawn, no one has quite his strategic or tactical savvy.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying that his strategic ability was on par with the Grand Admiral, I was just mentioning that I wanted to model my character's demeanor on him. As I recall, Thrawn never showed panic or distress, even when things were going extremely bad for him. He was always level-headed, and that's how I wanted to portray my guy.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 649 650 651 652 653 654 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games