Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN
Ideas, Questions, Suggestions? Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Carhop Cavalier

Familiar Teenager

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:01 pm
In TiH canon, were the Grimm Brothers a pair of Reapers that went around with their stories to create more FEAR, humans who went around collecting stories, or undercover Hunters trying to expose the world of Halloween to the general public? Or, y'know, none of the above. xD  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:08 pm
If we were in a battle in Meta in which neither side had a true, clear win, but the lack of clear win was due to GM ending the battle, can we still claim a minipet prize from that battle, or is that a no-go?  

prolixity
Crew

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:51 am
Question: Would boogeymen / parents know about the existence of hunters?  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:05 am
@ Prox: I don't see why not as long as both sides participated!

@ Zyphiris: Boogiemen know, but its mostly mixed knowledge for parents. A few might know, Hunters are actually something of a hush-hush existence, for some reason anyone trying to spread the rumour of Hunters destroying Halloween, thus creating a sort of mass conspiracy panic, only seem to disappear. Mysteriously.  

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 11:58 am
Hunters are akin to how we see boogeymen in the real world: made up stories to scare children. It's laughable for a majority of the population to believe that they really do exist.

The boogeymen do know, but it's secret information~ If any Amityville student told their parents that hunters were real, the most likely outcome would be, "Oh you poor dear, you're stressed out. Why don't you take a vacation and rest awhile?"  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 12:03 pm
So it's like that lD
Thanks! *v*  

Zyphiris
Crew

Dainty Snowflake

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:30 am
Roch refuses to go to the ceremony--too many boogies. But is it possible I could get a boogeyman prp? Just to make sure the "kid with the record" doesn't blow things for them? If not, it's fine<3 I just thought it'd be entertaining.

I was also thinking of having his Y2 FEAR a healing chord, but is there a way that Fear healing could be his Y2 natural ability instead? (Is really just checking for this one.)

And Roch has his ghost sensing ability back, right?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:55 pm
Since meta points were distributed, I was wondering if the hospital thread was worth more than one point? <3 or is it just one?  

revenant aria

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:59 pm
naggeela
I was wondering if and an item like a crystal be used in storing FEAR and then at a later time be used when needed?

It's possible, but it's also highly impractical. Pumpkin Pills are pills made out of 100% condensed Fear and are the more practical option. However, being able to store Fear is a skill that's beyond student level.

iStoleYurVamps
Oh, and can those with natural form do half shifts? Or is that an ability in itself? Would this happen due to a busted pin perhaps?

Half shifts is something that a player needs the natural ability shapeshifting for. A student with a natural form is forced into their humanoid form via skullpin, and they automatically pop between natural/humanoid form depending on the pin.

A busted pin would force a student to pop between one and the other, no halfsies or "hybrid" forms.

As for those who can shapeshift, to go partially into one form forces the person doing it to spent a great deal of Fear to maintain. It's unnatural, even for Halloween.

Blade Kuroda
Also...

Do TiHers believe in some sort of afterlife (not counting ghost/undeadhood)? For those cases that they have a permadeath. If not an afterlife, what are the general beliefs for these times?

Permadeath does happen, but it's rather uncommon. It's usually due to a creature deciding that they don't wish to continue existing; they simply dissipate and their Fear does not reform. Sometimes there's even a "complication" in the respawning process that prevents someone from coming back completely, forcing their existence to change: this is how Halloween gets its undeads and ghosts.

Afterlife can vary from culture to culture, but generally a person's Fear just goes back into the environment. It's like the Circle of Life, but with less grass, antelope, and talking lions.

Carhop Calvalier
In TiH canon, were the Grimm Brothers a pair of Reapers that went around with their stories to create more FEAR, humans who went around collecting stories, or undercover Hunters trying to expose the world of Halloween to the general public? Or, y'know, none of the above. xD

The Grimm Brothers were two regular humans who went around collecting stories. Halloween does have them to thank for the creation of several of its citizens though. There are libraries in Halloween that have their books, and reception of these vary from person to person. Some view them as fine pieces of Fear-inspiring literature, some as badly written fanfiction, and others as an insult to their kind.

Prolixity
If we were in a battle in Meta in which neither side had a true, clear win, but the lack of clear win was due to GM ending the battle, can we still claim a minipet prize from that battle, or is that a no-go?

Due to GM interference? Go ahead and claim~

Ice Queen
Roch refuses to go to the ceremony--too many boogies. But is it possible I could get a boogeyman prp? Just to make sure the "kid with the record" doesn't blow things for them? If not, it's fine<3 I just thought it'd be entertaining.

I was also thinking of having his Y2 FEAR a healing chord, but is there a way that Fear healing could be his Y2 natural ability instead? (Is really just checking for this one.)

And Roch has his ghost sensing ability back, right?

This is doable~~~ I can even bring in the Boogieman who altered Roch's Fear in the first place, though his natural ability should be back to normal in a couple IC days.

Otherwise... A healing chord as a Fear is possible. However, it depends on what you want it to do. If you want it to heal RP wounds that's fine as a natural ability. If you want it to restore HP, then it must be a Fear. Only Fears may affect player HP. Natural Abilities are there to add flavor and spice to the RP.

ie, for instance Astra's tree can heal wounds. Since it's a natural ability, she can (at most) just stop the IC bleeding and sooth aches/pains of a wound. The act of doing so can't recover HP.

Random Artist
Since meta points were distributed, I was wondering if the hospital thread was worth more than one point? <3 or is it just one?

Post-Meta RPs are only worth one growth point if you write at least 800 words.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:14 pm
I'd love him to meet that boogie again! He has a lot of questions to ask him.

And considering his character, I think it's more likely that it'd be FEAR. He's not a healer by nature, and it doesn't run in his family, but his guitar has a lot of promise to do stuff like that.

Honestly, I was thinking a FEAR draining ability for his third year would be fitting. Considering that as a grim reaper he's supposed to strip the FEAR from souls after they pass away, y'know? So giving and taking with two different chords. It just strikes me as so cool<33

*goes back to pondering natural abilities*  

Ice Queen

Dapper Lunatic

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:24 pm
Dumb Hunter question, but was there ever any discussion of point distribution for the Florescetival mission? :> How should we tally that?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:45 pm
Sosiqui
Dumb Hunter question, but was there ever any discussion of point distribution for the Florescetival mission? :> How should we tally that?

Uhhhh I'll get on that right now!  

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Ravvlet
Crew

Hygienic Waffles

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:49 pm
HEY I HAVE A QUESTION

Our team didn't fight boos, but I played a boo character and battled another group - does that count as a boo battle?  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:06 pm
Ravvlet
HEY I HAVE A QUESTION

Our team didn't fight boos, but I played a boo character and battled another group - does that count as a boo battle?

It does not unfortunately! Growth points are tallied marks of experience a character receives. Since it was your boo in question that did the fighting, Cady herself didn't gain anything. For battling as a boo though, you did earn yourself a minipet. <3  

Marushii
Vice Captain

Enduring Loiterer

12,925 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Brandisher 100

[ X_Bleeding Roses_X ]

Quotable Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:42 pm
Hi I was wondering, is there any leeway on the min word limit for growth points? Because in the Terror Warrior ORP I had 775 words and I was wondering if that counted or if I had needed to reach exactly 800 or more for it to count.  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 156 157 158 159 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games