Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Mysteries Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:56 pm
Hologram communications posses a bluish tint to them. Otherwise Holovision is in regular color.

And no, you're thinking of episode 2.

That game, one of the greatest ever played, is called Nuna Ball.
Played just like gridiron football, this gungan invention is notably different in that the "Ball" is a live, pissed off swamp turkey, otherwise known as a Nuna. This Repto-avian, when agitated, inflates itself and makes for an excellent ball.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:19 pm
Got the two mixed up.

Yeah, keyboard problem. The "I" doesn't render more than once when trying to type something like that. Happens sometimes.

That looked really fun. Being a Gungan invention, and seeing droids play it.. could humans do it?  

Valkore Fraust

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:26 pm
Yep.
Droids are just more entertaining since no one cares if the droids get hurt.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:57 pm
Gungans vs Jawas would amuse me. Gungans like Jar Jar.  

Valkore Fraust

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 1:59 pm
Jawas dont play Nuna-ball.
Jaways would scavenge the droids and then try to find some way to suck water out of the nuna.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:55 pm
I know they don't. They probably can't. But, still. A bunch of Jar Jar type Gungans (clumsy ones) vs. tiny Jawas.  

Valkore Fraust

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:16 pm
My armor IRL is not going so well. It's very pricey to make the stuff...  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:50 pm
So nobody really did answer the question I posed. Just a bunch of personalized opinion on what a code of honor would perhaps react to an offhand commentary.

I would think that the Mandalorians would not be so riled up over a mere difference to the point of thinking they are so justified in their way of combat that they would purposefully deny someone else's as valid. That's no better than turning the entire mandalorian race into a nazi regime, basing aryian superiority over mere trifiling looks.

If that's the best answer that anyone can give, I worry for the sake of mando honor, as it seems to be rooted in retarded petty slights. I would think that if there was a challenge, they would have to fight it, but even they should know better than to simply get pissed over a couple of boasts on who is better.

This isn't a rivalry which we're talking about, this is outright hatred. Somewhere in the timestream, there had to have been something really affecting them. My best bet is that the Echani actually beat the mandos at their own game, and refused to play it again. That'd be a cause for vengence. Not some drunken swagger talk that turns the entire culture into that of a bunch of immature idiots.

Unless of course, you actually prefer to think of mandalorians as uncultured boors with no sense of brain cells, then by all means, that's perfectly fine. I'd like to think that there's at least one of you lot that can rise above a game of 'my d**k is bigger'.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:16 pm
What do you want me to say, Nelo? I can't speak for the whole of all Mandalorians everywhere. I personally have no hatred for the Echani, but I do admit, any chance I would get to best them would be well accepted by me.

The Echani look at combat in a much different way than Mandalorians do. And as they outrightly deny our capability to wage war intelligently, so does the general opinion of them dissolve into what I suppose is a base hatred.

To me, it has always seemed a rivalry, and those that do hate seemingly have not expressed any specific reason with me, so I cannot informatively answer your question.

The best I can say is that not all Mandalorians hate the Echani. I know many that see them as a lesser for, but still a foe to not be underestimated. And for those that do hate them... their reasons are unknown to me.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:24 pm
Not to burst your bubble, but the idea of you speaking for all mandos is still a problem as you're not one yourself. I'm just trying to figure out quite simply a relevant star wars example of a mando who doesn't hate the echani, or at least is indifferent to them. I'm simply pointing out a potential mystery because nobody really knows why every mando in existance who has encountered an echani hates them to the very core. True, resources and exposure is very limited, but I've yet to see any real cause for hate in the first place, even between recorded examples.

that's why it's a mystery. I'm just trying to debunk the logical fallacies.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 2:40 pm
stare  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:27 pm
Nelowulf

Unless of course, you actually prefer to think of mandalorians as uncultured boors with no sense of brain cells, then by all means, that's perfectly fine. I'd like to think that there's at least one of you lot that can rise above a game of 'my d**k is bigger'.

You mean there's more to Mandos than that?

Now, for another question.

Did Luke actually go back for his x-wing at any point between ESB and RotJ, or did he use another one entirely?  

AFK Masturbating

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:18 am
Jaden_Ordo
My armor IRL is not going so well. It's very pricey to make the stuff...

Are you using aluminum plating? Nothing big or thick, but, it works well.

It's a tense rivalry, and in a rivalry, people tend to hate each other. The most logical reason is combat style and their rivalry.

Examples? I'm not so sure on that. There's a lot of "Chuck Norris" bad a** Mandalorians. What did Canderous say about them? Anything at least respectful? If he did, there's a slight example.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:56 am
Legacy of Celestia
Nelowulf

You mean there's more to Mandos than that?

As apparant throughout any culture, one would have to be really foolish themselves to believe that even barbarians are incapable of art. If the rodians, the most bloodthirsty culture out there, can produce opera, I'd suggest that we reconsider that remark. It's no different than saying Alderaan deserved it's fate because it was too 'cultured' to understand the necessity of self-defense, and that they are basically food for the strong. I'd rather not stereotype mandos as barbarians anymore than I'd want to be forced to classify alderaan and chandrilla as a bunch of foolish wimps that have everything given to them. That's the extremes which we're talking here.

Just because mandos aren't about faries and pretty princess ponies, it doesn't mean that they are incapable of actually having culture.

Back to the matter at hand: Why hate over fighting style. It would seem to me that'd be a cause for a friendly rivalry. Unless a mando actually wants to admit he'd rather not learn a new way of pounding someone's face in. What if echani martial arts actually works better than a mando's brawling in some scenarios? You're going to tell me that it's a form of jealousy, not respect?  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 1:10 pm
Wow what a tough debate lol. Not much to use. At all, really.

They've actually had so many similarities, that the only difference (IMO, the main problem,) is the light armor and weaponry. I guess the Mandalorians feel... copied? I would say. Put it this way; my brother and I are SO much alike. A few differences. We've got a tough feud going on constantly, we're at a rivalry point. Why? Hell, I don't know.

I'd like to relate the Mandalorians to our Marines. Tough, strong and got a bit of brutality.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games