Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official Australian Guild
GENERAL CHAT || Speak here. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lai Woun
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:25 am
Well I have spent nearly two years trying to decide.... I think that is plently time enough.... although it will be 3 years really.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:31 am
True enough. I'll talk it over with you in more detail when I see you over here. xp  

DNA_Guru
Captain

Lai Woun
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:47 am
Haha okok .... to convince me to go to uni no doubt?? xD  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:51 am
Nah. I'll be a tad more political than that. I just find talking face to face about those kind of issues a lot easy. I'm very pro-Uni but essentially you have to do what you want to do.
I'm quite happy to help my friends when they need some advice. Well, I think you need advice at least. So I dare say we can have a discussion over coffee, sushi, ramen or whatever the hey. ninja  

DNA_Guru
Captain

kixsy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:26 pm
DNA_Guru
kixsy
I hope to one day see every country. Probably impossible. I've only been to one country outside Australia and thats America. I didn't mind it there. I went to Mexico for a day but thats it lol. I want to go back to America and see a few other states. I think if I don't find love I will travel but my heart is easily lost and knowing me I will fall in love with some guy and end up tied down before I'm 30 lol

Haha, my aim is just to go to every continent. I'd be happy with that. I'm thinking Canada, Argentina, the Netherlands, Morocco and the good ol' Antarctic. All of those at the very least.

Keke, with any luck you'll find a guy that enjoys travelling too. Haha, that's the ideal isn't it?

Lai: Yeah, you SHOULD! I have been telling you that for a while. xp

I really want to go to the Netherlands. My Oma and Opa are obviously from there and so the majority of their family still are in Holland. My Opa died when my father was 5. My father was born in Australia so I'm the second generation in my family born here. My mothers family are are very Australian though. My grandad was in the labor party or something in his day.

I think I want to mostly visit the "romantic" countries if you'd call them that. I do acknowledge that all countries have some form of romance but I mean the ones advertised in movies and the like such as France although I have heard that it is not what it is cracked up to be.

I guess a guy that wants to travel would be ideal. I guess I have bad luck with guys. They usually just want to follow me around for the rest of my life. And the one man I really love has decided love is too risky and has bowed out gracefully. I am told I am too compassionate and always end up with the guys I feel I can help.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:12 am
Ahh. Yes. I wish I had mildly recent European heritage. It'd make life a tad more interesting. It is however nice to meet someone who'd like to go to the Netherlands for a reason other than to smoke cannabis in public.

Romantic countries eh? I dare say they would be the places of the romantic languages. Italy, Spain and France. I wouldn't mind having a poke around there too. Italy for the history, Spain for...god knows what, and France for the history, wine and art. I dare say I'd have to learn some French before going to France though, I don't want them to be prigs towards me.

Well, that's the great thing about love, most of the time you can just keep going until you get it right. Most of us will get it right, we just have to go through our lives and hope we'll run into that special person. Most of the time it's just a waiting game, or at least that's the way it seems.  

DNA_Guru
Captain

Lai Woun
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:58 am
Cheese!!! You can forget teh cheese.... french people looooorve cheese... or so i have been told!  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:09 pm
DNA_Guru
Ahh. Yes. I wish I had mildly recent European heritage. It'd make life a tad more interesting. It is however nice to meet someone who'd like to go to the Netherlands for a reason other than to smoke cannabis in public.

Romantic countries eh? I dare say they would be the places of the romantic languages. Italy, Spain and France. I wouldn't mind having a poke around there too. Italy for the history, Spain for...god knows what, and France for the history, wine and art. I dare say I'd have to learn some French before going to France though, I don't want them to be prigs towards me.

Well, that's the great thing about love, most of the time you can just keep going until you get it right. Most of us will get it right, we just have to go through our lives and hope we'll run into that special person. Most of the time it's just a waiting game, or at least that's the way it seems.

My mother's family was European at some point just a few more generations back. My grandfather was actually in the first Labor Party according to my mother. My father's family is indeed interesting. Anyone who knows dutch women will know that. They like to be in control of everyone and have fairly often tried to interfere in my life but I let them think they are helping and when I go home from these special occasions I am as far away from them as possible (at least a couple of hours drive).

I love many countries. I want to learn more about design too so I hope to track down as many design related countries as possible. In the direction of family though, I also want to visit Korea. I know its not exactly romantic or anything but I have three cousins who's biological parents reside there and I hope to see what my cousins have seen and what their lives could have been.

I think visiting France for the language would be one of my main reasons for going there. If I lived there for a few months at least I would have to have learnt some French. I met a French man on a bus once and when he spoke just a little bit of French to me I swear I could have fainted like my heart had been swept away hehe. Its too bad I never got his number.  

kixsy

DNA_Guru
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 10:58 pm
Well, the most recent European heritage I have I think is my Great Grandfather on my Nan's side, or Great-Great Grandfather...something like that, he was Polish. I do think that my Great-Great Grandfather on my Pop's side was Irish...I haven't a clue about my Mother's side of the family but I'm pretty sure the Australian bit goes back further than 4 generations. I'd have to ask my Grandmother.

Yeah, I'd like to think I'm a bit international I guess. For a relatively monocultural background I do tend to embrace everything from other countries. I had a couple of Jordanian housemates last year and I really got along with those guys amazingly well. In that I've managed to get a penchant for gourging myself on Hommus. Which, I must add, I can't buy in Japan and it's driving me crazy.
Korea's on my list too actually. I'm thinking of learning Korean next year at Uni because I can. Again I have a few Korean friends so that influences that decision. Going on that train of thought though, that's something I find myself doing a lot. If I mix with people of a certain background that often speak in a mother tongue other than English, I feel inspired to learn that language.
I basically have all my housemates to thank for that. I've had stages where I wouldn't mind learning Urdu, Arabic, German and Swedish just because of the people I hang around with. Now here, I have a few Korean friends and that's led me to want to learn Korean. I've actually got quite a lot of encouragement from my friends to do that too.

I dare say if you live in any European country you'll pick up the language easier than their Asian counterparts. Reading is a lot easier in European language mostly. With the exceptions of Greek and Russian, most of the languages tend to use the Roman alphabet.
I have quite a passion for language though really. I've got Dutch, German, Swedish, Korean, Arabic and at least one of the Romance languages on my list of things to try and pick up. I guess on top of that I want to learn how to speak a dialect of Japanese, which I'm kind of doing now. So I'm going to have a busy life if I want to learn all those. rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:39 am
I want to learn Korean too!! And I guess I should try to learn some Chinese... lol. I will try and learn a bit of Malay and Chinese while I am in Malaysia next year and a bit more exposed to it. Hope I dont forget my Japanese though.... which dialect are you learning? Gifu-ben? ( does that even exist??)  

Lai Woun
Crew

DNA_Guru
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:21 am
But of course it does China-n00b!
I am trying to learn it although most people use hyojungo with me so it's a tad hard to learn.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:27 pm
Ja, ich gerne Kartoffeln. >_>

Je ne peux pas parler français. ;_;

But I can speak English, funnily enough. It's pretty handy too.  

WellzY
Crew

WellzY
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:31 pm
Also, ******** Gaia!

I have an exam on Monday and I haven't been on here in a good 4 months or so.

Damn procrastination.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:31 pm
Yeh I had a problem like that once. I wasn't on for like 6 months or so and I even had friends delete me coz they thought I'd just ditched them lol we're ok now lol.  

kixsy

DNA_Guru
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:06 pm
I think we've all had those problems. None of us seem to be able to be free all the time to dedicate time to websites like this really. Takes a bit more involvement than say a Facebook or so.  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 659 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games