Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply The Official Australian Guild
GENERAL CHAT || Speak here. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lai Woun
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 4:06 am
DNA_Guru
But of course it does China-n00b!
I am trying to learn it although most people use hyojungo with me so it's a tad hard to learn.
ahhh well teach me some gifu-ben!!! I dont remember much Nagoya-ben.... but people found much amusement in teaching it to me...  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 8:50 am
Can do, but I don't really know that much.

Basically all I can remember is that なんとか・・・やろう is basically なんとか・・・でしょう. Uhh, something else...たわけ is ばか...and I'm trying to learn more. I'm hoping my Swedish friend can teach me a bit more.  

DNA_Guru
Captain

kixsy

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 10:40 pm
DNA_Guru
I think we've all had those problems. None of us seem to be able to be free all the time to dedicate time to websites like this really. Takes a bit more involvement than say a Facebook or so.
In the end a website takes as much effort as you are willing to provide. Facebook may be easy and simple to maintain but the amount of work you put into it can be increased if a person wishes to get so involved  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:02 am
Well that's true as with anything else, but there's a bit more that needs to be done in order to be 'social' on Gaia than it is to be so on Facebook.
I think it's just quicker and easier to utilise.  

DNA_Guru
Captain

Lai Woun
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 2:57 am
DNA_Guru
Can do, but I don't really know that much.

Basically all I can remember is that なんとか・・・やろう is basically なんとか・・・でしょう. Uhh, something else...たわけ is ばか...and I'm trying to learn more. I'm hoping my Swedish friend can teach me a bit more.
It's funny cause I feel like I have heard all of those somewhere.... maybe on TV.. but never really realised what they meant. I am trying to remember Nagoya-ben now... didnt really know that much...  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 8:36 am
I heard from one of my friends from Aichi that the dialects are completely different. Pretty sure he was lying though. We're neighbouring prefectures for f's sake.  

DNA_Guru
Captain

Lai Woun
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:14 am
Well they are all pretty different I guess.... but you can kind of understand what they are saying anyway... if the word doesnt sound completly different... get my drift?  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 9:57 pm
Yeah most of the time. But my point is that regionally close areas, whilst they may be slightly different, are still going to be mutually intelligible.  

DNA_Guru
Captain

Lai Woun
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 8:19 am
Ah yes I guess so... to a certain degree anyway.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:42 am
*pulls herself out of the void* AHHHHHHH!~....*flomps onto the nearlest space of free forum floor*

Jeebus...And all i did was walse into something awful...xD *she grabs a hammer and boards it up*

Alexie_dennison

6,800 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Hygienic 200

kixsy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:17 am
Haha yeh it is a kinda sad topic maybe somthing a little lighter  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:42 am
It's not that grim is it?  

DNA_Guru
Captain

kixsy

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 6:36 pm
No, I didn't mean grim, I just meant kind of unimaginative...  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:32 pm
Ah. Well that's what the General Chat is normally. Just mundane talk about little or nothing.  

DNA_Guru
Captain

kixsy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:04 pm
3nodding Fine, then what should our next topic be? Pretty sunny over here... hehe (hint: why don't we resort to the weather gonk )  
The Official Australian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 660 661 662 663 664 665 666 667 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff