Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 663 664 665 666 667 668 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:09 pm

Who the frick said that I was withdrawing from Yag'Dhul?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 12:21 pm

You did.
Page 120, bottom, you said to pull all your fleets back fromYag Dhul and halt major shipments.

The Republic is just as opportunistic as anyone else, Aurin, and they've not just been existing in a void. They have been monitoring the Yag Dhul situation very closely.

Sol Walker
Crew

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 1:59 pm

Fleets are ships, Cale. It takes very little time to plot a hyperspace trajectory and blast away, which means that even if you have agents informing you of my every move, those ships would have been long gone by the time the Republic got there.

Meanwhile, there are still plenty of forces on the ground, not to mention defensive fortifications. If it was my intent to completely abandon the planet, than I would have salted the earth behind me.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:35 pm

How fast do you think interstellar communications are in these times?
They're not that fast. I'm probably the only person IN this RP who acknowledges it. Hence my habit of using Hyperspace capable messenger drones.
And Garrison Fleets just cant pick a direction and vanish. It takes time to pack up supplies and such and get underway.
While they are packing up, they are vulnerable, and you're so deep in Republic Territory that you can't make a step without the Republic knowing about it.
Now that the Republic has Spacial Superiority, they will be able to win, no matter how entrenched you are in THEIR defensive fortifications.
Yag Dhul is far from hospitable to nonnative troops and the Givin are a logical, mathmatical people. They know that you abandoned them to the Republic, that their world will be a battle ground upon which they can't win unless they do something. And since you had no problem abandoning them, they will have no qualms about surrendering your men to the Republic.

As a side note, They're not MY agents. Like I said, not all Yag Dhul supported your invasion.

Sol Walker
Crew

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:12 pm

Who brought up interstellar communications?

I'm just saying that the majority of the ships around Yag'Dhul were combat vessels. The crews on that ship tend to stay on the ship, so if they want to leave the system all they have to do is plot a trajectory and hit a button.

And if I left troops on the gorram planet, than how am I abandoning the natives?

Speaking of the troops, just because the Republic has so-called Spacial Superiority doesn't mean that they can automatically call a victory without a fight and without casualties. Hinting of such smacks of god-modding.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:33 pm

Your men had to recieve the order to fall back some how.
And as you said, the majority of the ships around Yag Dhul were combat ships. Nothing now is keeping the Republic from landing where they want and shooting what they want from orbit. Half the battle for the planet is already lost. And there is nothing to keep your men on the surface supplied. The Republic is blockading the planet.
Now going back to your men on the ground, the planet is essentually a hostile vaccum to begin with. It is a barren, ugly world and as I said before. Keeping non native troops there is not an easy propisition and without frequent supplies those positions are untendable.

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:36 pm

We might need a ruling here, Nelo. If its not too much trouble.
PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:37 pm

If you both agree to it, this is how things appeared to have happened.

Under a swift ambush, the republic has managed to scare off the major orbital defenses around the planet. As this was ordered by Marr, this is forfeiture of the entire space around the planet itself. I'm pretty damn sure we all understand this much.

This means in the event, he completely left his ground troops behind, as there was no call to evacuate. Ergo sum, his troops are still on the ground. As the Givin are highly arrogant, mathmatical people, the sheer fact a minority actually won a percentage of the control will probably irk them enough to side with republic officers, giving ground units a chance to have allies there.

More importantly, the republic has been statistically far more caring of their situation than Marr, who used fanatical rebels to create a coup, thus generally no matter how 'decent' he may have been, the numbers don't like him. The body calculus is definately not going to enjoy being beaten at their own number game.

Now, as stated, the republic holds allies on the ground, and actually controls the space. However, no mention of any ground fighting has yet to occur, and even so, it would take time. In this time, Marr, to gain aquisition of the planet back, merely has to drive the republic fleet away again. there is no sure way that the entire populace has completely risked their lives mathmatically just to overcome a few garrisons, isntead banking on the potential fighting to come to take care of the problem for them. it's 1) safer and 2) more sure.

Thus, either someone has to win a ground assault, and hold any impending counter attack, or someone else needs to find some serious allies to go beat up the tett fleet.

That's how I see things as they stand.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:42 pm

Tett didn't attack Yag Dhul. I don't have the resources available.
The Republic invaded it.
Otherwise I'll agree to this.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:11 pm

Cale Darksun
Nothing now is keeping the Republic from landing where they want and shooting what they want from orbit.

You're forgetting the number one obstacle I had to overcome in order to invade the planet. The only reason I needed sympathizers on the ground before I got there was to take down the planetary shields keeping my troops out. And since that was the only way I managed to take the place, you can bet I've put up precautions to make sure that the same thing doesn't happen to me.

If it wasn't for that, I would find the scenario that Nelo proposed both reasonable and fair.

And if it's not Tett attacking, than why is Cale roleplaying the Republic forces. Did I miss him being elevated to the position of GM or something?

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:39 pm

You do realize that all cale needs to do is call a tactical orbital bombardment, and he knocks down the shield, though... Or just use some of those mercinary artillery boats to blast it with a couple of particle weapons, and the shields aren't much of a problem.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:31 pm

What Mercenary Artillery boats?

And Nelo NPC's the Sith Council, I NPC the Republic. I thought that was clear from early on.

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:31 pm

The ones stellar was bragging about. and if you total up all the things i control, directly or indirectly, i take up a good third of the rp...

-nakara
-kawaii
-sith council
-hutts
-iskalloni
-ritt
-sabercat squadron
-durge
-jaing
-nubyll
- etc...
PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:10 pm

(tugs on your rob)
you forgot about the Bathurst and me Master. sad

K-Blade

Darth Fury

PostPosted: Tue Apr 28, 2009 10:49 am

Cale Darksun
What Mercenary Artillery boats?

And Nelo NPC's the Sith Council, I NPC the Republic. I thought that was clear from early on.

I didn't know that.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 663 664 665 666 667 668 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games