Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Avatar Battle Royale Guild: R.I.P. KING OF POP ;A;

Back to Guilds

Reply IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-DUEL
Talk Here (Spam Hut) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 667 668 669 670 671 672 ... 1213 1214 1215 1216 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ExTERmINATION

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 6:47 pm
To use protection....*sighs*  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:12 pm
I've been browsing through the art shops, and most of the things I noticed is that when female artists have a list of Will Do's and Won't Do's, the usual subjects I see in Won't Do are:
  • Buff People
  • Mecha
  • Anthro/Furries

The usual list I see that they draw are:
  • Feminine guys
  • Yaoi

And that is kinda sad, because unless your art shop is themed, what kind of artist would you be if all over your pictures are the same style, same face, and same body? :/

What's so hard about buff people anyway? XD

@Chole: Thanks. It was for a thread I made in the GCD. :B  

DrunkenStyle
Vice Captain

azn_richte001

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:25 pm
DrunkenStyle
I've been browsing through the art shops, and most of the things I noticed is that when female artists have a list of Will Do's and Won't Do's, the usual subjects I see in Won't Do are:
  • Buff People
  • Mecha
  • Anthro/Furries

The usual list I see that they draw are:
  • Feminine guys
  • Yaoi

And that is kinda sad, because unless your art shop is themed, what kind of artist would you be if all over your pictures are the same style, same face, and same body? :/

What's so hard about buff people anyway? XD

@Chole: Thanks. It was for a thread I made in the GCD. :B
I can't draw muscle structure on bodies, unless I'm drawing realism... then I over do it.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:29 pm
Omfg but six packs and muscles and manly men are sexy! ;_;
Everyone's got their preferences, but it really doesn't help em stand out from the crowd.

I'm sort of guilty though, I just got the hang of drawing mecha and robots xD

edit: asdfjk; my gcd thread's dying. Damn, did Mondays get slower or did the people get duller?  

Cholesan

azn_richte001

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:00 pm
Cholesan
Omfg but six packs and muscles and manly men are sexy! ;_;
Everyone's got their preferences, but it really doesn't help em stand out from the crowd.

I'm sort of guilty though, I just got the hang of drawing mecha and robots xD

edit: asdfjk; my gcd thread's dying. Damn, did Mondays get slower or did the people get duller?
OH OH OH! MECHA BATTLE ROYALE!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:11 pm
Haha, as soon as I'm done homework and my avatar and anime/manga royale responses :B

I'm gonna see how many Royales I can keep up with with as much consistency as possible. Dx  

Cholesan

DrunkenStyle
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:14 pm
I think it's cuz the girls aren't willing to diversify. They're obsessed with feminine bishounen too much to care about willing to draw anything else, also because they're more used to drawing feminine bodies because they have one themselves.

I've always had a fascination with mecha and robots ever since Gundam Wing back in 8th grade. I knew it was hard but I found shortcuts, and working with simple mech and advancing slowly at your own pace helps in getting used to knowing your way around it. But erm..I'm kinda rusty. >3>

@Chole: Yeah, my threads died a lot too. It got a lot of attention then it started decreasing in population. It's because people are too into the alien hype to notice anything else. So to basically answer your question: Yes, people got duller. XD  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:14 pm
Cholesan
Haha, as soon as I'm done homework and my avatar and anime/manga royale responses :B

I'm gonna see how many Royales I can keep up with with as much consistency as possible. Dx
woot!  

azn_richte001

Cholesan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:31 pm
I've never really gotten into those super feminine anime dudes with super girly haircuts... unless they've got an actual personality and a few original quirks (lawl I'm a total haine and badou fan <3)

I've always liked Escaflowne's mecha design and Metabots was my guilty pleasure when I was younger.
edit: WAIT. AND BEASTIES/BEASTWARS xD That show was my effing religion in grade 2. I don't like transformers though.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:40 pm
Cholesan
I've never really gotten into those super feminine anime dudes with super girly haircuts... unless they've got an actual personality and a few original quirks (lawl I'm a total haine and badou fan <3)

I've always liked Escaflowne's mecha design and Metabots was my guilty pleasure when I was younger.
edit: WAIT. AND BEASTIES/BEASTWARS xD That show was my effing religion in grade 2. I don't like transformers though.
I still have a recording of beast wars!  

azn_richte001

Cholesan

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:45 pm
I never recorded it... I remember watching it after dinner with dad every single weekday *_*

But yeah, what episode? xD  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:56 pm
Cholesan
I never recorded it... I remember watching it after dinner with dad every single weekday *_*

But yeah, what episode? xD
a whole bunch of them, how they got there, when they first transform into animals, when they fight at raw energon spot... and yeah. they're all random.  

azn_richte001

DrunkenStyle
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:04 pm
OMFG NVM MECHA GOES WAY BACK FOR ME THEN.

I forgot I was hooked on Transformers as a kid, then forgot about it, then got hooked on Beast Wars and I even got tons of the toys. Then for some reason I lost em >3> Like once I really liked my brand new Scorpinok and then a few days later I couldn't find it. :/

And yeah, Metabots was my guilty pleasure too.

HAY YOO GUYZZ remember they remade it on FoxKids? That one show with Optimus, Cheetor, Rattrap and Blackarachnia.

EDIT: Oh and I hate it when douchebags keep saying Gaia ripped off this and that and s**t. What is it with GCDers and their obsession with Gaia's creativity origins? >:/ http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/viewtopic.php?page=2&t=18849073#942380559  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:15 pm
The only toys I could get were the Beast Machines toys that came with McDonald happy meals.

"No, you can't get Cheetor, Dinobot, Airazor or Blackarachnia you're supposed to be a girl! Here have another stinking Barbie." ; m;

Beast Machines you mean? Watched every single episode of it. Man I loved foxkids... they were the only channel I had with X-men.

And that thread's beating a horse's ANCESTOR'S FOSSILIZED CORPSE.  

Cholesan

akki takai

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:45 pm
OMG BEAST MACHINES~~

I still have a Cheetor one. xDDD!!
Now if I could only find it. D:  
IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-D-D-DUEL

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 667 668 669 670 671 672 ... 1213 1214 1215 1216 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games