Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 667 668 669 670 671 672 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:20 pm
It also saves us the hassle of having to find a crapton of pictures for our machines. I already used a few of my stash for some multi faction capital ships.  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:27 pm
I like it. I mean even the Empire uses treads and wheels on some of their vehicles.  

K-Blade

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:29 pm
Of course they did. Repulsors didn't work everywhere, and some situations just didnt warant walkers.  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:32 pm
Behold: The Predicessor to the personalized Sith Speeders that apear near the War's end:
http://www.yojoe.com/vehicles/83/fang/fang_oob.shtml  

Sol Walker
Crew

K-Blade

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:35 pm
Cool, but the toy had a bomb ridding center fuselage.  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:40 pm
Just the idea of saber wielding Sith Masters swooping in with hose ridiculous devices swinging their glow sticks angrily just gives me the giggles.  

Sol Walker
Crew

K-Blade

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:52 pm
Wouldn’t they wind up whacking off the rotor blades? rofl  
PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 8:57 pm
Thats why they switched to speeders.
Cortosis Rotor blades are expensive.  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:50 am
Sithies pay attention to the OGG, Cale just posted a detailed article on the Tett system.

Were you reading about Vietnam when you came up with that name?  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 8:56 am
Nope. I was just running through random names and picked that one.
I latter remembered the Tet holiday and its place in Military History and because of it I labeled my first incursion into Sith Space as the Tett Offensive.  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 2:52 pm
I'm working on a series of 4 OGG articles about the four corporations under my command as head of the Mercenary Coalition. Here is what I have for Body Count Inc.

Quote:
Entry: 2009505
Subject: Body Count Incorporated
Capsule:

"This corp is a family. You cannot break us." - Seleene
Sometimes you just need someone dead. Sometimes you need many people dead. Body Count Incorporated is a mercenary company that started its life as nothing more than a small band of hitmen... well, hit women. The group first formed as a team of women who worked as small time hitmen, headed by Seleene.

It didn't take long for the small group to take on others who were willing to use violence to get money, but at the same time they branched out into more legal operations, like acting as hired guards and bounty hunting. Over the last twenty years the group slowly switched to mercenary and commando type work.

They've come a long way since their founding, grown to a combat strength of some ten thousand personnel. While that seems like a lot, compared to the other three corporations in the Mercenary Coalition, theirs is by far the smallest. However, they are the most specialized and combat effective group on the ground. They are an elite force with the highest entrance standards of any of the corporations in the mercenary coalition and their own unique traditions that set them apart. They are also the least standardized in equipment and doctrine.

The Battle Angels - Body Count's Officer Corps

While Body Count Incorporated dropped a requirement that all its members be female, it has stubbornly insisted that its officer corps remain an exclusively female affair. This stems from a second tradition in the corporation, the officers and medics are one and the same and act as parents, mothers, and guardians for their men.

Philosophically this stems from the idea that it forces the officers to take the best care of their men possible, to be cautious in combat and conservative with their lives. If an officer screws up and incurs significant casualties in their command it is their responsibility to keep them alive until they can be evacuated. As all this requires that all officers also be trained medics or doctors it also means that the officers tend to be much better educated than many others with similar positions in FRICK or Seraphim. After all if they screw up they either die with their men or clean up the bloody mess.

Ironically they tend to be very inventive thinkers, and are heavily relied upon by the other Mercenary Coalition officer corps to act as operational planners and coordinators. This has led to an expansion of the Officer Corps where often times a Battle Angel advisor is sent along to assist other corporation's operations. Often times officer corps of larger joint commands specifically request a Battle Angel to act as their chief of staff or strategic officer.

Personnel

The requirements for joining Body Count Incorporated remain quite high, and the troops are much more disciplined than in most other mercenary companies. Discipline is also heavily peer enforced so that those that get out of line are often punished more by their comrades then by their officers. As a result, more stereotypical mercenary alien species such as rodians and gran are a rarity in the corporation, the focus on discipline has attracted former military personnel from across the galaxy as well as people from more discipline and martial cultures such as the Mando'a and Echani.

Pay is quite good for an organized mercenary army in that the vast majority of the pay for the completion of a contract goes to its participants, not the organization as a whole, and the division of pay between the officers and the men is much more progressive than in most other mercenary organizations. This means that there is also intense internal competition to participate in the contracts. These pressures have also helped to insure that the organization's size remains small, so that all its members can reliably obtain a contract.

Equipment

Most of the equipment used by veteran members of Body Count Inc is purchased by the men themselves. However, new recruits are given their own armor and weapons to use as a signing bonus and as reward for passing the training and entrance exams. Additionally ammo is often provided by Seraphim Technologies Incorporated, and specialized equipment and weaponry is issued as required.

Ships and armor equipment may be issued as needed, but more often or not is the property of another member of the corporation who has been assigned to the operation. As a result the ships used by Body Count Inc tend to be highly variable lot from a wide variety of manufacturers

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:00 pm
Alright.  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:14 pm
Body Count and Contraband Inc are fairly straight forward. The most complicated article will be Seraphim Technologies. That will include most of the ships that you were concerned with. FRICK's article will also include a few ships probably just one or two.

I keep forgetting to ask is my character approved and where do I send it?  
PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 6:28 pm
Send it to me and I'll see if it fits the bill.  

Sol Walker
Crew

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 7:00 pm
I've decided that my command ship is actually going to be siege ship converted into star cruiser. More economical than designing and building a single ship just for command and control.

EDIT: Here it is in all its glory,
Quote:
Personal Ship: Thantos-class Star Cruiser Pazak Deck
User Image

Over 1.2 kilometers in length from prow to stern, the Pazak Deck serves as both the military and corporate headquarters for the Mercenary Coalition, and as a result was modified from her baseline class to incorporate equipment and talents from all parts of the coalition. Among the modifications was the inclusion of experimental weapons and corporate facilities for meetings and briefings. Body Count Incorporated offered up a crack security team, whilst other corporations offered officers and weapons. Her engine's output was increased, and much of the internal structure that wasn't part of the armored hull was replaced by carbon nano-fiber materials, this increased speed slightly but greatly improved maneuverability. To further improve speed and maneuverability power was rerouted from the shields to the engines.

The ship's most important feature was its armament. In the original hull there was a bore-sight mounted mass-driver as its primary weapon for use in both siege warfare and capital ship combat. This was removed in favor of an extremely powerful Positron Beam Cannon. The energy needs of this weapon was enormous forcing the installation and upgrade of the main reactor, but its ability to slice through armor like soft butter made it indisputably useful. Additionally the standard turbolaser complement of twelve dual mounts was replaced with twelve quad ACP Artillery Mounts. This served too purposes, cutting the energy usage of weapons systems besides the main cannon and increasing the ship's secondary armaments effectiveness against shields. Finally the ship's four long range rail-gun dual-mounts were retained. Instead of point defense lasers the ship utilized six batteries of six ACP Gatling Auto-cannons which proved highly effective. Additionally the hangar bay can accommodate up to thirty-six starfighters plus a number of support ships.

Ship Model: Modified Thantos-class Star Cruiser
Speed: Moderate
Maneuverability: Good
Shielding: Low
Armor: Good
Hyperdrive: Yes, x1.5
Life support systems: Yes
Armament: 1 Heavy Bore-sight Positron Beam Cannon, 12 Quad ACP Artillery Turrets, 4 Dual Rail-gun Turrets, 36 ACP Gatling Auto-cannon Turrets

The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 667 668 669 670 671 672 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games