Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Outer Rim
OGG Publisher's Office: Now handling requests and complaints Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does this belong in the Outer Rim?
  Yes
  No
View Results

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:41 pm
Nelowulf
The charging aspect isn't the problem though.

Its the gas. You're failing to give the blaster any power by not giving it fuel to burn. So you got a battery charger? It doesn't help if the gas can is empty.
All bundled up together on a portable, 80 pound backback, the pride of the set is the unique recharging station. The ammo-clips are packed with an ionized tibanna source, making them slightly more effective than normal blaster bolts, while being easily rechargable. The system holds a battery capable of story the fusioned electricity and tibanna for 100 recharges; over 60,000 rounds. Recharge time for each clip is a mere 45 seconds, while recharging the system takes 90 minutes.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 3:43 pm
Sure, just make an explosive gas, and use no concept of chemisty to give it an electric charge.

Do you happen to know what a "spark plug" does in an engine?

edit: And again, where's the gas? You have this battery pack, but no fuel storage.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 6:37 pm
Know what? I give up. I try being unique, and instead all hell breaks loose from the land of flak. Screw it.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:04 pm
Well part of it is the fact that we really don't need new blaster weapons for Legacy. If you really want a new model, you can make one up quick, but there really shouldn't be anything too impressive to add on. A blaster is a blaster. Some are stronger than others but there aren't that many differences.  

Ral Roke

Dangerous Hunter

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:18 pm
Being unique is only second to being functional.

I doubt that putting gas fumes with an electric charge down the barrel is really going to help your case any, and since the blaster gas is far more valuable than the electricity in any blaster, you instead decide to turn the blaster into a rechargable battery.

When you run out of gas, no matter what kind it is, you're out of shots. by charging the gas, you're really going to make it run out of ammo faster, not slower as well. If you could be able to stabilize the molecules so the rifle doesn't blow to bits in your hand.

Tibanna is like gasoline. Think about how to improve a gas-driven gun.

You want a unique weapon? Consider making something that can take out a plaguetrooper.

Speaking of those guys, what did your so-called "project plaguetrooper" have to do with blaster sales? One, it wasn't public knowledge while the rifle was in development, and two, it would only increase sales to the empire.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:35 pm
Take out a plaguetrooper? I wouldn't even look at blaster weaponry for that... They're basically designed to be a blaster fire sponge.

Magnetic Accelerator guns or ACP systems would probably work better for killing those guys.  

stellarmagic

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:16 pm
There are other ways, trust me.

A sonic blast strong enough will create concussion. If you can direct the concussion at the symbiote, you can make it eject itself and kill the trooper. Hence why grenades are so effective. If it doesn't blow the host to smithereens, the symbiote will kill itself.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:06 am
Whatever happened to the times when Blasters just had a simple "Point and Blast" interface?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 6:13 am
When some numbnut pointed the wrong end at himself and some lawyer took advantage, which paved the way for industrial revolution.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:45 pm
Sounds like the best weapon against plaguetroopers is the good old Concussion Rifle.  

stellarmagic

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:30 pm
stellarmagic
Sounds like the best weapon against plaguetroopers is the good old Concussion Rifle.

More effective than a blaster... provided you can punch through the armor. Its not devistating, but so few people even think about using the things its not hard to overcome that weakness.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:59 pm
A concussion wave tends to go straight through most armor. I had Calra get nailed by splash damage from one and she had full armor on.  

stellarmagic

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 8:06 am
Nelowulf

I doubt that putting gas fumes with an electric charge down the barrel is really going to help your case any, and since the blaster gas is far more valuable than the electricity in any blaster, you instead decide to turn the blaster into a rechargable battery.

When you run out of gas, no matter what kind it is, you're out of shots. by charging the gas, you're really going to make it run out of ammo faster, not slower as well. If you could be able to stabilize the molecules so the rifle doesn't blow to bits in your hand.

You want a unique weapon? Consider making something that can take out a plaguetrooper.

Speaking of those guys, what did your so-called "project plaguetrooper" have to do with blaster sales? One, it wasn't public knowledge while the rifle was in development, and two, it would only increase sales to the empire.
I'd take them out like I would a zombie. Get a semi-automatic slugthrower rifle with a sight, and keep your distance, go for the head. If they are wearing helms, then just move up to armor-pericing rounds.

Blasters are good most of the time, but they can never fully get rid of the use of projectile weaponry. I'd more likely use a slug sniper-rifle with a suppressor than a blaster sniper any day.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:19 am
Des Voh
Nelowulf

I'd take them out like I would a zombie. Get a semi-automatic slugthrower rifle with a sight, and keep your distance, go for the head. If they are wearing helms, then just move up to armor-pericing rounds.

Blasters are good most of the time, but they can never fully get rid of the use of projectile weaponry. I'd more likely use a slug sniper-rifle with a suppressor than a blaster sniper any day.

What happens when you go up against the elite corps? They'll have vibroshields, and slugs will be ineffective.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:41 am
Nelowulf
Des Voh
Nelowulf

What happens when you go up against the elite corps? They'll have vibroshields, and slugs will be ineffective.
What the bloody hell is a vibroshield?  
The Outer Rim

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games