Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Star Wars Weapons Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:06 pm
That would be uber.

I meant are there parts inside a blaster that are really sensitive.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:34 pm
Sure there are parts that are sensitive, but I don't know of any that would cause an accidental discharge. However, it's pretty easy to rig a blaster overload and become something of a little bomb.

The only problem with chopping a blaster down is that you'd have to replace the galven circuitry so it'd fit in the smaller blaster. That can't be that hard considering a lot of outlaws customize the circuitry on their blasters for great damage or range.  

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 12:48 pm
Blaster Rifles can also be rigged to overload, but instead of blowing up they basically melt down. The entire weapon becomes overcharged and melts, the process of which takes a few hours.
Its an old infantry trick to do this to a spare blaster or such. It provideds a source of warmth and something to cook on for a few hours with a minimal heat signature.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 1:08 pm
That's awesome. Rigging someones blaster lol. It's like putting a cap guns cap in a cigarette and lighting it. Can't some detect it, or cool down?

Reminds me of an old west outlaw. The sheriff was speaking with him casually, and, when the outlaw asked to see his pistol, he drained it. That, or he stuffed the barrel. The story varies; it popped in the sheriffs hand, outlaw kills him, or, he shoots a dry gun and the outlaw shoots him.  

Valkore Fraust

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:22 pm
In reality, there is nothing so sensitive in real life or in star wars to where just a single strand of hair will provide a discharge; the sheer jolting around in the back of a car on a smooth surface would be enough to blast it about 5 tiems a minute...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:45 pm
My Dad, (who's in the Army),
had a Marine buddy of his put a hair-trigger and a customized grip on his Colt .45

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:47 pm
Eh, guns are alright, but I really love melee combat and weapons.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 2:52 pm
So did that one arab in Indiana Jones. We know his fate.

As for a hair trigger, That's pretty heavy, actually. Some of my olympic rifles are down to the 64th of an ounce. most military rifles can't go below a pound and a half without having fire problems though.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:12 pm
Cale's prefered combat method?

A heavy blaster pistol in one hand and a vibrocutlass in the other. In the close quarters combat of a starship its mighty effective.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:19 pm
True, the arab did die, but he made a show of it. Say he had snuck up on Indie and plunged his sword through his heart, would his gun help him then?  

Jaden_Ordo

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:21 pm
The PSG-1 has a nob on the trigger; it's for tightening and loosening the grip. Hairpins are either: hard to find, or, hard to put in place lol.

Aurin, your dad's friend has a nice .45. My DEagle has a rail on it whee Pointless? Yeah. Cool? Hell yeah. I'm going to PA this weekend, we're probably gonna take it off. It's a bit front heavy. My 18 had a stock which was totally uber.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:22 pm
But he didnt and that sword wasnt made for stabbing.

So quit living in the world of what-ifs and admit gun beats sword.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:26 pm
Not in every situation.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:28 pm
Swords or anything larger in general lack practicality in our times. Not only are they cumbersome, but highly ineffective against targets in normal conditions. You see submarine commanders wearing cutlasses at thier belt? no, because they can't swing a sword in a sub to begin with.

In most instances, a pistol and sidearm will suffice. Unless you have open terrain, where a rifle is capable of usage, our close quarters world relies on small things to help clear out people. Grenades, carbines, shotguns, all have a distinct advantage over big hulks of wood and metal.

The pistol is probably the pinnacle of utility, as it can even be used in ways most people don't consider. Like if indie was stabbed in the back, he can still shoot the a*****e behind him without losing strength.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:28 pm
Name one situation where a sword could be matched by a gun.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games