Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
AskYoda.com ((Trivia and General ?'s)) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 5:13 pm
DarthxVader
what force ability could the Emperor use that Darth Vader couldn't why couldn't he use it and what was the ONE time he was able to use it

BTW, if you're going to try to correct someone else, it helps to be correct in the first place.

First off, there's lightning, which is a dark side skill, and arguably capable of being said "one time to be used" if you go by the definition that that which is in teh movies is the only time it was 'seen' and thereby 'used'. Then there's sith alchemy, which Palpatine used in his clone bodies. Then there's of course the force storm that consumed the eclipse.... And The list goes on.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 12:00 am
never heard of any of those. btw it was sith lightning  

DarthxVader

Xaven the Raven

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:17 pm
So, its not a stump... Least, I don't think it is, just a question, but I have a character in an RP that can use the Force ability Combustion, which uses the Force to heat up and burn objects.

With training, could the Force be used to freeze as well?

And, are there any characters that directly affect the Force? As in, they manipulate it not through effects in the visable world, but move the energies of the Force instead?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:45 pm
The Force flows through everyone. All people have a direct influence on the Force, as represented by the destruction of Alderaan. In the Outer Rim, Obi-wan felt it and described it as though millions of people cried out and were suddenly silenced. Their influence can only be detected by force users and some gifted untrained Force sensitives.
If thats not what you mean, then you will need to provide an example.

As for Force Freeze, I've heard of powers that let you slow and paralize people, but outright cold effects I've yet to witness.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Rodyn

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:13 pm
Yeah, the Force and conjuration don't go hand-in-hand.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:09 pm
In the SNES SW games, one of Luke's Force powers is Force Freeze, it freezes everything on the screen in ice.

I just checked the wookiee though, and didn't see an official mention of such a power.

I did however, find this:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Deadly_Sight

I am so gonna have Nemesis pull something like that in CotS if it picks back up.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:44 pm
Ow... it burns. Sariss and her deadly sight. It burns so bad, but fatal? Not really.

Destruction is nice, but like deadly sight its kind of rare.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:02 am
OK then!

So here's another, could the ability shatterpoint be used on a persons bones? (My character is in the middle, not sure if they are a Jedi or a Sith. They want to be a Jedi, but has tendencies like a Sith...)

and what exactly is a deathstick. In the forum, someone keeps using them, saying they sever connection to the force, but... (?)  

Xaven the Raven

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 6:17 am
@ Cale: There is a freezing skill; It was used by plo koon. ERgo

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Alter_Environment

@ Xaven: The Ysalimari create null-force bubbles. One can only assume that moves the energies of teh force. Plus, the Yuuzan Vong had their Force presence removed by their planet, so I'm assuming a living planet could theoretically move force energies themselves.

Shatterpoint could be used on anything, by definition. Mace used shatterpoint on "events", seeing people as keystones in the future war. So it's not just on tangible objects that shatterpoint can be used.

And the death stick... http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Death_stick  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:10 pm
Thank you... I don't know a ton about star wars, I've only read like 2 books and seen all but episode 2 + 3... It does seem to me that star wars likes to focus on lightsaber combat, so it's a little hard to make a character that can't use a lightsabe and instead uses the Force as her only weapon...  

Xaven the Raven

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:18 pm
The Force should never be used as a weapon. You are effectively using the life energy of the cosmos to injure or kill.
That is why the Jedi use Lightsabers instead of just blasting people.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:00 am
^^ And that's why she won't ever truly be a jedi! But still, I think that a character who can't use a lightsaber is a little interesting. She truly is an Exile, because she wants to be a Jedi, she won't ever be at she Sith, but she can't be a Jedi...  

Xaven the Raven

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:06 am
So the reason the Jedi wont let her join is because she's a darksider?  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 4:15 pm
Perhaps. It's stuff like heating two metal plates till they're glowing and then compressing whatever happened to make her angry between them. (In that case just some thugs who decided to steal their ship.) She has a good heart, but sometimes, her methods are... Well... Not Jedi Sanctioned. That why I asked about shatterpoint. I was considering having her use it that way to get information from someone.  

Xaven the Raven

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 7:33 am
Thats the path to the dark side.
Plus, torture doesn't provide sound information. A tortured individual will often say whatever you want to hear in order to end the torture.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff