Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 669 670 671 672 673 674 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darth Fury

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:17 pm

Cale Darksun
You should be fine as long as we all don't attack at once.

By the way, could you give us more exact numbers on the opposing force, and tell us where they came from. It would be a huge help when I finally do encounter them.
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:19 pm

Darth Fury
Cale Darksun

By the way, could you give us more exact numbers on the opposing force, and tell us where they came from. It would be a huge help when I finally do encounter them.

Who? the Republic 9th fleet?

Sol Walker
Crew

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:20 pm

Just be thankful Nakara's hasn't started his expansion yet.
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 12:45 pm

Cale Darksun
Darth Fury
Cale Darksun

Who? the Republic 9th fleet?

Yeah, them. Just want to know what I'm dealing with so I can roleplay it properly.

Darth Fury

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 1:29 pm

May I suggest discussions of force size, allocation, and Order of Battle be moved to The Imperial War Room. It is what it was created for after all.
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 2:35 pm

stellarmagic
May I suggest discussions of force size, allocation, and Order of Battle be moved to The Imperial War Room. It is what it was created for after all.

Sure. You cool with this, Nelo?

Darth Fury

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:25 pm

Do what you want, although the IWR was about strategy outside of RP. It's even stated in the first post that it's not about discussion of RP stuff, but frankly, i don't see how this really pertains to my decision.
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:35 pm

I still need to know where the 9th came from, Cale.

Darth Fury

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:39 pm

Since it was a surprise attack you have no real way of knowing.
Whats known about the 9th fleet is that its based in the Core Worlds, so the safe bet is that it came up the Rimma through the Fondor Ship Yards, though they could have easily come up the Corellian Trade Spine from Corellia.
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 3:48 pm

Cale Darksun
Since it was a surprise attack you have no real way of knowing.
Whats known about the 9th fleet is that its based in the Core Worlds, so the safe bet is that it came up the Rimma through the Fondor Ship Yards, though they could have easily come up the Corellian Trade Spine from Corellia.

What I'm getting at, though, is that as closely as the Republic has been watching Yag'Dhul, other local Sith forces have been watching the Republic. Meaning that wherever these forces came from is now vulnerable to attack by whoever (Nelo) controls the Sith NPC's.

Darth Fury

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:05 pm

Not likely. The 9th Fleet has been able to operate with impunity since the start of the RP when they payed Tett a visit to view a Naval Review and wound up jumping in during a major Sith Invasion. Their arrival surprised the Sith, who had thought the 9th to be stationed in the Core.
Since the Sith have been unable to make any headway against the Republic aside from your sudden attack against Yag Dhul, that means one of four things: 1. the Republic has better hyperdrives (enableing them to move forces faster to trouble spots), 2. The Republic Fleet has built up numbers enough to be able to deploy signifigant forces to attack without suffering defensively. 3. Your own intell has been mislead by Jedi Shadows and Republic counter intelligence forces, 4. The Republic has built new defenses accross its holdings that decrease the need for defensive fleets.
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:06 pm

trust me, the republic's not foolish enough to just take the defensive fleet from a battlefront planet and attack with it and leave itself open.

Of course, with Nakara selling off information on sith battle plans, this hasn't hurt the republic much either.

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:08 pm

Nelowulf
trust me, the republic's not foolish enough to just take the defensive fleet from a battlefront planet and attack with it and leave itself open.

Of course, with Nakara selling off information on sith battle plans, this hasn't hurt the republic much either.

It will eventually, but the Republic Senate wants some victories.
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:10 pm

So are all of the Sith worlds sitting idle then? Cause from what I've seen we've been the only ones to have even a millimeter of success in a military campaign, and even that might be erased by nearly every Republic-aligned PC putting us in their crosshairs.

Darth Fury

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 4:11 pm

That's where ritt comes in. Since he's engaging the droid fleets "south" of you guys, he's going to start uncovering a big ol' can of worms that litters that area of space.

But yeah, there's a lot of cold war issues. There's no way 1000 years will be torn of strict battle and no rest. A lot of battlefield planets are dead zones.

also, Cale and Stellar are the only two PCs actually gunning for you on the republic side. In terms of things, Nakara and Demaia haven't been attacked, of which only Demaia's open for an enemy. Sith stil outnumber jedi 3:2 in terms of workable forces.
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 669 670 671 672 673 674 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games