Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 673 674 675 676 677 678 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:01 pm
*Insert Noble's laugh*

Aww...did I ruin your party, sithling? Thats too bad. Perhaps you can play with me....  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:01 pm
I'm not taking down the whole shield... I'm taking down a part of the shield. Then we're going in. Oh, and I've got a mathematician crafting a message for the Givin population.  

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:03 pm
Stellar, explain to me what you just did.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:09 pm
I fired three massdriver rounds on a ballistic trajectory that will gravitationally boost their velocity as they pass the sun, then a moon of Yag'Dhul before landing on the planet, where the first two rounds will impact and the third... well lets just say there will be one less Shield Generator demanding power on Yag'Dhul. They'll be coming in on a near polar trajectory so they should be clear of both the orbital shipyards and the Republic Fleet.  

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:10 pm
To clarify my prior statement: In our solar system, it takes light five hours to reach from the sun to the edge of the system.
You're shooting a warhead, theoretically moving slower than light, from the edge of the system towards a planet near the system's center. The Ordinance will arrive in two hours.

Something smells like a load of Bull....  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:10 pm
Siren always gets caught with her panties off...  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:14 pm
One planet system = a much smaller solar system (Less planets = Less total mass in system, smaller ort cloud, significantly smaller total diameter etc.) I'd guess I'm firing from a total distance between shot and target of about thirty light minutes. The rounds are traveling at the lower end of relativistic speed about 1/8th the speed of light.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:15 pm
Darkened Angel

Is that bad?  

Sol Walker
Crew

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:17 pm
stellarmagic
One planet system = a much smaller solar system (Less planets = Less total mass in system, smaller ort cloud, significantly smaller total diameter etc.) I'd guess I'm firing from a total distance between shot and target of about thirty light minutes. The rounds are traveling at the lower end of relativistic speed about 1/8th the speed of light.

The problem is, Stellar, that we don't know if it is a one planet system.
I will let it slide for now, but I'm watching you.
Don't let my devilish good looks fool you. I do know enough science and math to make me question things what don't sound right.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:23 pm
Cale Darksun
Darkened Angel

Is that bad?

It is when it interferes with her job. I'll have to touch on it during the weekly performance review.  

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:29 pm
Getting naked is part of her job. She's a seductress, after all.

And I thought the Earth was a lightyear from the sun. Where'd you get that it takes 5 hours for light to go from the sun to the end of the solar system?  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:31 pm
Earth is six light minutes from the sun.  

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:32 pm
I took the distance from the Sun to Pluto, divided by the speed of light, and then divided by 60 twice.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:34 pm
Darkened Angel
Getting naked is part of her job. She's a seductress, after all.

Like I said, its only bad when it interferes with your job.  

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:50 pm
Hmm... what to do what to do. Using the hole those rounds will punch in the shield will require immediate exploitation, and I can't exactly do that if every ship I launch is immediately locked down by a tractor beam.

You've certainly created a rather arrogant jedi for me to deal with... arrogant jedi with a fleet matching wits with an arrogant merc with a fleet. Not a good situation. How to defuse the situation without becoming mere pawns to the republic command.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 673 674 675 676 677 678 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games