Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 674 675 676 677 678 679 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 9:54 pm
From his point of view, you're rather arrogant and careless. Those are proton bombs you're throwing around. If your calculations are off, the wrong people might get hit. And since he doesn't know you or your team he has no reason to trust you've taken the time to figure things out completely.
If you were the Alion Nova Guard or the Mandalorians, Mercs with a known reputation, he might have been more lenient. Right now, you're an amature in his eyes. and amatures are unpredictable.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:02 pm
So I have to wait for my shots to hit... and prove our competence and give away everything by allowing the enemy to respond to the breach.  

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:13 pm
This is your own fault.
You just went ahead with your idea instead of consulting with the local forces.
You want to do the job right, you have to coordinate with your employers.
You're pretty much ******** that up right now.
Seriously, Mercenaries are pawns. Most of them know that and it doesn't bug them so long as they get payed. They go where they're payed to go, do what they're payed to do, and do it well enough that they get repeat buisness.
You are not encouraging repeat buisness.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:16 pm
Hmm....how to contact Siren...  

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:24 pm
Nol Noyan
Hmm....how to contact Siren...

Does she have some way of recieving long range communications? Maybe on her ship or something?  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:26 pm
Can she reach her ship?  

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:28 pm
Maybe you can leave a message.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:29 pm
Historically your statement is completely wrong Cale. Mercenaries are usually broken out of the normal chain of command for very legitimate reasons. Chief among them that commanders who work with them often have no idea of their capabilities. They are paid soldiers to be true, but you hand them objectives not commanders, and you pay for them to accomplish the objective or mission as per the contract. The Chinese hire the AVG to defend their airspace, and were never incorporated into the Chinese Air Force's Command. Romans hired mercenaries to act as Cavalry and the like, but the mercenary's leader was always treated as an equal to the Legionary commander that hired him, and equally able to withdraw his troops from battle, but they are never under the direct command of those that hire them.

What your character has done is inviolate an agreement between the Mercenary Coalition and the Republic Senate. His superiors. That is an act of insubordination, it's like a company commander in Iraq arrests a Blackwater Team under contract from the US. The company commander gets court-martialed.

While the mercenaries may not have acted properly, they are mercenaries who function outside the normal military. That is almost be expected.  

stellarmagic

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:33 pm
Nonetheless, you're the one in a pickle. Not him.
Theres no hope for your fleet if you keep making an a** of yourself.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:36 pm
I get the impression that Bahl would be equal to playing a Renegade in Mass Effect. It doesn't matter how you do it, just as long as the job gets done, morals be damned otherwise.

Considering Demaia's arrival, I doubt Siren will be let anywhere near a means of communication. At the very least she'd have armed guards keeping her locked in the room she's staying in and making sure she behaves, etc.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:38 pm
Darn.
Oh well.
If they kill you, Siren, your death will be avenged.
Demaia is not a fan of messengers being killed. Especially hers.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 10:58 pm
Nol Noyan
Darn.
Oh well.
If they kill you, Siren, your death will be avenged.
Demaia is not a fan of messengers being killed. Especially hers.

Don't worry Nol, Siren and I are coming to you.  

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50

Sayla-girl

Noble Dabbler

9,675 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:01 pm
Ah good.
I recomend you broadcast a white flag code, or my mighty armada might just blast the lot of you.  
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:03 pm
Heh, maybe Siren will say, " Oh don't worry. She's just a dominatrix that likes seeing everyone submit to her, or be spanked for be naughty. "

I'm just gonna go with Siren managed to record a message to Saria and have it sent off already, etc. Saria needs to kinda show up before long anyways.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Skyeborne

Dapper Raider

750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed May 06, 2009 11:03 pm
Nol Noyan
Ah good.
I recomend you broadcast a white flag code, or my mighty armada might just blast the lot of you.

We're coming to you on a single transport vessel. I don't think your mighty armada is going to see that as a threat.

Can't do anything until Rodyn posts, though...

The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 674 675 676 677 678 679 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games