Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 674 675 676 677 678 679 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 3:51 pm
Yah, the guild has been rather dead, and I've found myself posting less and less in here. I love this place, but it just seems so empty. Not only that, but it seems so often people post and run.

My art thread is a good example of that. In the begining, people would post art and tons would respond about everyone elses work. Now artists just post their stuff, never say anything about anyone elses, and poof till they come back to post something new. I used to try and say something about a good majority of the pieces, but I've given up on it, especially since the favor is rarely returned. Might as well just post on FA I guess.

I wish we could do something to help this place, but I'm at a loss as to what. Even though I enjoy Gaia, lately it seems I just end up bored when I swing by unless there is an item update. I even find myself using Sallies thread less, and it has always been one of my favorite threads in the guild. Used to be so much more lively and now it almost seems like why even bother posting.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:22 pm
the three threads I always liked to visit were Sallies, Avatar help and Artist Junkyard. but none of them have much activity. the only other reason I'm on Gaia was for the art..and even the R&C forum has died down  

Rainey_angel81

Crenn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 4:38 am
I hate it when posts don't go through...... I'll edit this later and retype everything I typed before.

EDIT:

What I was trying to say was that people may not have the spare time because of working longer hours at jobs to help pay for rent and such like.

Also I finished my week long mini course. Pictures of what I did are in the photo thread.

That's a summary of it all.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 7:30 pm
I'm having such a good day...

When I checked the mail, my present from Keht came a day early. Yesterday I had proclaimed my ps2 dead even after opening it up and cleaning inside it a bit. Try it today, and it works better than ever. I can even play blue/purple discs and ps1 games, I'm so thrilled. And now soon after coming onto gaia, I got a golden trunk which I'm selling since I don't do house stuff.  

Eddily

Crenn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:24 am
Today hasn't been a good day.

But I've noticed a couple of things, I love social interaction.... whether it's a phone call or meeting up with friends or people I know..... sad thing is I don't get much.... so I isolate myself when I'm home, leading to depression and such like. Sad thing is, it's going to get worse because I have no coping mechanism yet, my old one (gaming) isn't possible because the computer I have won't play any decent games (such as UT2k4.... 20FPS or less ain't good) so that's out the window until I upgrade my computer some.

Also I was trying to look for the cheapest possible airfare to try to visit Rain.... and thought I found one at around $700 only to find that it was from Melbourne, Florida to where she is. So I've found that it will be around $2900 (going to a travel agent to see what they can offer) from the correct Melbourne airport. Oh well, better start saving a lot.

I also had sort of like a break down tonight..... won't go into it though.

That's a summary of things.

Mood Currently: Depressed  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:27 pm
The guild does seem to be dying, and while I cling to it desperately, I have noticed that with Summer in full swing now, I'm a lot busier than I ever was. It seems I'm always either at work, or out with family and friends. It's a lot different from last summer where I was in Florida and I had NOTHING to do but hang out online.

I'm still trying to stay remotely active, but it's difficult when I can hardly get near a computer....As it is, I'm at work now, and it's (thankfully) relatively slow tonight...and I'm by myself too so that helps.

The places I hang out online are here and FA...which admittadly (sp?) has become an addiction for me... sweatdrop  

Manda_Tifa

Zanzibar

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:39 pm
There don't seem to be many Furries on Gaia as a whole anymore, don't know why. Anyway, I'll be gone until Friday, going to visit relatives.

After that I'll try to hold a guild promotion contest! Or something of the sort wink .
We need to capture the furries of Gaia again, since most people in the guild nearly never visit the rest of Gaia we don't get many new members, so when people vanishes they aren't replaced as quickly, leading to a negative flow.

Already now I encourage you to come up with AFG banners and put them in your signatures! Make the AFG huge once more! biggrin

Edit:
Oh and I am still of the opinion that we've got too many sub forums! It wasn't long after they were created that people begun saying that the guild was dying, simply because they no longer saw the same amount of posts at the same page. Now everything is spread out over the subforums so it looks a lot less active, this in turn makes people less active. I believe we started a negative circle! One sugestion would be to close the subforums and see what would happen, or maybe just leaving one or two subforums open. But anyway, I'll talk more about this when I'll get back on Friday. I've been pondering about this quite a bit myself anyway. Remember to post what you think about it all!

Edit 2:
And moderators! For the love of all that's holy. Check the Moderator forum at least weekly and post in the threads. We need you to show your opinions on anything that might possibly change xD. You are those with most power here, make suggestions in there, tell what you think is good and bad and what can change.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2007 6:56 pm
Remember how I posted a while back now about not graduating and I was upset, etc?

Well guess what came in the mail today? A fricken diploma(not in anything, just a slip of paper) for me and a program thingy from the graduation ceremony....

I'm confused. After my parents get back tomorrow we can sort this out.  

Eddily

Selene Aries

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:07 am
Well, congratz Ed. surprised

On matter of the subforum, you know well I am all for the removal of the event one. I would say that our chatter box has gone slow enough that we might be able to close it down at well, but I feel that keeping the Art and RP subforms is a good idea.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:48 pm
Well, I told my parents. They're happy and all, just pissed at the school. ^^;  

Eddily

Manda_Tifa

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:46 pm
So....my shift runs from 3pm to 11pm....then Hung is supposed to come in. Hung is great, he's usually always early, if not on time....He often shows up at 10:30pm and is ready and rearing to work.

It is now 11:45pm and I'm still here, and there's no Hung. I'm torn between impatience, annoyance, and worry.

The ONLY other person who does the night shift can't make it til 1am. I have company waiting for me at my apartment. I can't stay til 1am. My manager's coming over to relieve me, but I probably won't see him til midnight. It all makes me very sad. crying  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:56 pm
I think I dislocated my knee today.

So I was skateboarding today at the skatepark, and was setting up to pop a trick on a downslope, when the board went out from under me and I fell. My right leg hit hard. It really hurt, and I hobbled over and laid down on the bench and straightened my leg out and waited for the endorphines to kick in and make it stop hurting.

When I sat up again, I couldn't put any weight on my knee, and it felt odd when I ran my hand over it, sort of a big bony bump on the outside of my knee. (If you run your hand down the outside of the knee, feel that roundish bony bump on the side there? Thats what felt out farther than normal.) I started slowly walking over to the other side of the park, and put some weight on my knee and bent it to check it out, and something went 'pop' in my knee, I collapsed. When I got up though, my knee felt normal again, I could put weight on it, and it didn't hurt very much.

I managed to ride the 3 miles home fine, and now it just aches bad and is bruised. I put ice on it as soon as I got home.

Oh, and I have a internet stalker who gathered 6 years of stuff Ive posted on the internet and taken the most personal of it and threatened to mail it to my parents for shits and giggles.  

DeletedUsername420

Sonya Khatsworth

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:03 pm
I've gotta admit I haven't come to the guild much except to post in the Sallies and every now and then in the art thread, muchly sorry for my absences but I've been a tad busy with life and whatnot.

Back in the days of the guild being but a 3000 page thread in the Guild subforum of Gaia, I used to come much more often as it was much more like a hangout, and I'd often be on just to hang out with Vashyyk, Vulpes, Dracos, Lloxie and company, but now that we have our own Guild forum everything seems so much more widespread, and I don't really hangout in the chatterbox subforum because I feel too much apart from the friend circles in there. I think the last time I went there was to post in Angelic Muse's thread, but I have to admit I feel too alienated from there to post anymore, so I tend to just lurk and post on the main forum when I see interesting stuff, or in the Sallies like now.

Granted I spend more time hanging out than anything when I'm on forums, which is why I tried getting Ara to open a branch of his little restaurant RP in my own guild, but that guild's been pretty much dead since the start because I lack members to have things interesting. :X

To be honest, I think I've done a pretty piss poor job of being a mod here, as I'm not even aware of things until they're over most of the time. Whiteclaw originally asked me if I wanted to be because I seemed level-headed, but as much as it pains to say, I've been everything but that lately, heck I'd go on a limb and say I've been all over the place, and too much away from here to do my job properly at all anymore. But that's just my opinion, I've no clue what Zanzibar thinks, or any of the other mods.

I dunno. Maybe I should go and make my own chatterbox thread and see if I can get more active through that, having my own hangout, but I almost doubt it. I'm just too stressed lately, and I've been gaming till my eyes bleed, for lack of a better expression, to ease my mind.

-- -- -- -- --

My thoughts about the guild aside, I'm feeling blah right now. Yeah sure, maybe some have asked me how things are on MSN and I've just said "Things are good" because I don't feel like talking about it, but I still thought I'd rant here for the sake of getting it out of my system.

My feelings towards both sexes have turned up again for me. I dunno, I'm just... confused, I guess. I'm still as attracted as always to women, but lately I just feel like being away from both sexes. I'm getting tired of all the male macho crap I see everywhere, guys trying to get into my pants by charm (no, not just Tom, wether or not he means it for real or as a joke, his sexual passes and comments at me up till now have started getting to me) and I feel like a hypocritical a** about it myself because whenever I think more on it, I end up thinking that man's redeeming value is basically their bottom end. I've been thinking of them as much as a sextoy as they have me...
As far as women go... ugh. I'm sick of all the undermining and bitching, and everytime I go take a walk outside I keep bumping into all these preppy material-obsessed bitches who I'd almost LOVE thinking of only as sextoys, because as far as I can tell, their minds have already turned to mush.

Blah. I've always liked that with a man I don't have to be on the defensive 24/7, I used to think of being with a guy and I'd be at ease knowing he's there for me, protecting me? ...but more and more now I feel I can't make a connection with guys anymore. I suppose it's a repercussion of what happened with Pat so long ago that I haven't gotten over yet, but it's hard for me to feel otherwise because, as far as it's been IRL, all of my guy friends have issues getting close to me because of the whole transgender thing.

On the flipside, ugh. I've always had it easier talking with girls when it came to personal issues. But whenever I'm done with issues or out of my chatty/whiney moods and go back to being my usual self, BAM. It's like we can't talk anymore. And then when s**t comes up, it REALLY hits the fan, hard enough to make it fall over, lose the case and have the fan blades fly around the room thrashing everything.

I mean, sure, there's exceptions to the stereotypes, but I've seen so many people fit them that my experiences make me go with generalizing. Would it be a bad thing to say I'm just getting sick of people in general?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:51 pm
Sometimes it is all about finding the right person, someone that you just click with. Lover, confidant and best friend, that is what they should be to you.  

Selene Aries

Crenn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2007 1:45 am
I'm posting a warning here.

Due to me breaking down, I currently can become aggitated, pissed off, etc very very easily. Depending on what happens, I may need to isolate myself for a while until I can regain control of myself.

Apologies to anyone hurt

EDIT: What a friend said describes what I'm going through:

"you dont know what you are feeling and what you know you're feelign you dont understand"

Although there is one thing I feel and understand. My mate's love for me.  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 674 675 676 677 678 679 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games