Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Art / Writing show and exchange!
Artist Junkyard Chatter and Picture Post Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 235 236 237 238 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:54 pm
I used to love the ghostbusters. I even saved an anime music video from the internet with the theme song only it was with Descendants of Darkness, but the Danny one you found was funny.

Anyways, here is the piece I did for Rainy as one of the winners of the auction. ^.^

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/KrissimKlaw1/RainyPicture.jpg  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 2:55 pm
Bleh, so I'm going and being bitter about all the things I didn't have time for during the school year. Like when each coach has to choose one girl and one boy to give an award to, my coach didn't choose me because he didn't CHOOSE a girl?! >>>>: (

Anyway, here's a pic that I'm really quite proud of, from Rainey's contest. I'm wondering if I'm blind and psycotic, because I think it looks good, but it still lost to this picture. Not that that's bad, I'd just like to know WHAT I did wrong.

User Image

And of course, a certain judge promised to tell us why we won/didn't but of course they've been busy, although it's been months and they've been dicking around commissioning people all over the place...

Zella L.

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

not really art..just messing around because I'm bored.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 4:39 pm
Zella L.
Bleh, so I'm going and being bitter about all the things I didn't have time for during the school year. Like when each coach has to choose one girl and one boy to give an award to, my coach didn't choose me because he didn't CHOOSE a girl?! >>>>: (

Anyway, here's a pic that I'm really quite proud of, from Rainey's contest. I'm wondering if I'm blind and psycotic, because I think it looks good, but it still lost to this picture. Not that that's bad, I'd just like to know WHAT I did wrong.

And of course, a certain judge promised to tell us why we won/didn't but of course they've been busy, although it's been months and they've been dicking around commissioning people all over the place...

It might be because of the idea itself. Yours was a wonderful idea, but a reflecting of one's fursona in a mirror has a bit of a deeper feeling...More of like a symbolic thing. I like yours too though. :3  

Leyla Giselle

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:08 pm
Leyla Giselle
Zella L.

It might be because of the idea itself. Yours was a wonderful idea, but a reflecting of one's fursona in a mirror has a bit of a deeper feeling...More of like a symbolic thing. I like yours too though. :3
I actually disagree on that. The mirror/reflextion thing is something you see everywhere. It's been done and then some. I think Zella's concept shows she really thought about it versus picking the obvious choice. She related it to herself and her fursona by the setting that involves track and hurdles. Everyone has mirrors so that doesn't translate anything unique to the person.

Compositionally Zella, yours is awsome. I love the perspective and it is clear you really thought it out. You have a really good eye. Where I think you lost was on some of the technical aspects. One thing I think you might want to try is usuing contrast a little more when it comes to such things as outlines. Like the figures. In some areas I would like to see a hard edge breaking them from the background. It doesn't have to be black or go completely around but right now the picture seems to have too much blur to it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:26 pm
I agree with Krissim (especially about the mirror thing). I certainly like it, but the eye is drawn a bit too much to the background.

Random question: what is the number of the Danny Phantom show with the dance/prom? I keep seeing clips used in AMVs but I've never seen it...  

BlackWolfPoet

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:29 pm
Zella L.

*image clipped*

and that's why I rarely do contests on here..because I've lost to people who draw like 5 year olds..and found it pointless to crank out super detialed pics for nothing..As seeing they would be getting free art that I normally charge $20-$40 for since if you don't even place you get nothing. (yes I'm greedy a*****e..sue me..but it pays for everything I need money for..)

BlackWolfPoet
I agree with Krissim (especially about the mirror thing). I certainly like it, but the eye is drawn a bit too much to the background.

Random question: what is the number of the Danny Phantom show with the dance/prom? I keep seeing clips used in AMVs but I've never seen it...

#2 Parental Bonding of season 1.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:36 pm
Kaky, I like that last pic of yours a bit. Even if I'm not a huge sports fan, being from Wisconsin inherintly makes me a Packers fan XP So I find that pic amusing  

Af Mas

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:42 pm
Af Mas
Kaky, I like that last pic of yours a bit. Even if I'm not a huge sports fan, being from Wisconsin inherintly makes me a Packers fan XP So I find that pic amusing

lol..well in Danny Phantom, the villain named Vlad Masters (Plasmius in ghost form), lives in Wisconsin and is a huge Packers fan..(He is rich and has tried to buy the team itself in the past, but the city of Green Bay just won't sell. )

I'm also a Packers fan too..Go Pack go!  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:44 pm
Zella, I cannot believe you would say such a nasty, backhanded thing.

Quit whining and grow up, Jesus. You didn't win, so WHAT?! And then you have to go and insult Sheol's art at the same time? Wow, talk about being a sore loser. Your picture, while good itself, is far too.....impressionistic for my tastes, not that I'm complaining.

My final comment on it is that shouldn't complain about losing. Second place is better than no place at all.  

FogSage

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:46 pm
FogSage

Quit whining and grow up, Jesus. You didn't win, so WHAT?! And then you have to go and insult Sheol's art at the same time? Wow, talk about being a sore loser. Your picture, while good itself, is far too.....impressionistic for my tastes, not that I'm complaining.

My final comment on it is that shouldn't complain about losing. Second place is better than no place at all.

If you two start a flame war in here I will ban you two from this thread...consider this a warning.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:49 pm
Kakarotto-san
Af Mas

lol..well in Danny Phantom, the villain named Vlad Masters (Plasmius in ghost form), lives in Wisconsin and is a huge Packers fan..(He is rich and has tried to buy the team itself in the past, but the city of Green Bay just won't sell. )

Really? xd That's so freakin' random. OMG  

Af Mas

FogSage

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:49 pm
Kakarotto-san
FogSage

If you two start a flame war in here I will ban you two from this thread...

No, I think I'm done here. I'm just a little ticked off right now. Bye.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:50 pm
Thanks for the Danny info 3nodding  

BlackWolfPoet

Kakarotto-san

Dangerous Duck

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:50 pm
Af Mas
Kakarotto-san
Af Mas

Really? xd That's so freakin' random. OMG

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goj0Fq_85uk

enjoy  
Art / Writing show and exchange!

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 235 236 237 238 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games