Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Outer Rim
OGG Publisher's Office: Now handling requests and complaints Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Does this belong in the Outer Rim?
  Yes
  No
View Results

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 10:43 am
Des Voh
Nelowulf
Des Voh
Nelowulf
Being unique is only second to being functional.

I doubt that putting gas fumes with an electric charge down the barrel is really going to help your case any, and since the blaster gas is far more valuable than the electricity in any blaster, you instead decide to turn the blaster into a rechargable battery.

When you run out of gas, no matter what kind it is, you're out of shots. by charging the gas, you're really going to make it run out of ammo faster, not slower as well. If you could be able to stabilize the molecules so the rifle doesn't blow to bits in your hand.

Tibanna is like gasoline. Think about how to improve a gas-driven gun.

You want a unique weapon? Consider making something that can take out a plaguetrooper.

Speaking of those guys, what did your so-called "project plaguetrooper" have to do with blaster sales? One, it wasn't public knowledge while the rifle was in development, and two, it would only increase sales to the empire.
I'd take them out like I would a zombie. Get a semi-automatic slugthrower rifle with a sight, and keep your distance, go for the head. If they are wearing helms, then just move up to armor-pericing rounds.

Blasters are good most of the time, but they can never fully get rid of the use of projectile weaponry. I'd more likely use a slug sniper-rifle with a suppressor than a blaster sniper any day.

What happens when you go up against the elite corps? They'll have vibroshields, and slugs will be ineffective.
What the bloody hell is a vibroshield?

Read up on Kar Vastor or Shatterpoint.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:01 am
Nelowulf
Des Voh
Nelowulf
Des Voh
Nelowulf
Being unique is only second to being functional.

I doubt that putting gas fumes with an electric charge down the barrel is really going to help your case any, and since the blaster gas is far more valuable than the electricity in any blaster, you instead decide to turn the blaster into a rechargable battery.

When you run out of gas, no matter what kind it is, you're out of shots. by charging the gas, you're really going to make it run out of ammo faster, not slower as well. If you could be able to stabilize the molecules so the rifle doesn't blow to bits in your hand.

Tibanna is like gasoline. Think about how to improve a gas-driven gun.

You want a unique weapon? Consider making something that can take out a plaguetrooper.

Speaking of those guys, what did your so-called "project plaguetrooper" have to do with blaster sales? One, it wasn't public knowledge while the rifle was in development, and two, it would only increase sales to the empire.
I'd take them out like I would a zombie. Get a semi-automatic slugthrower rifle with a sight, and keep your distance, go for the head. If they are wearing helms, then just move up to armor-pericing rounds.

Blasters are good most of the time, but they can never fully get rid of the use of projectile weaponry. I'd more likely use a slug sniper-rifle with a suppressor than a blaster sniper any day.

What happens when you go up against the elite corps? They'll have vibroshields, and slugs will be ineffective.
What the bloody hell is a vibroshield?

Read up on Kar Vastor or Shatterpoint.
Who the bloody hell was stupid enough to come up with this kind of s**t?!!

*Kills creator*  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 11:32 am
A metal vibrating shield... sounds heavy, cumbersome, and ineffective on the modern battleifield. We aren't a band of barbarians wielding vibroswords and early blaster technology.

* Clips on a repulsor shield belt and activates his shoulder mounted energy shield. Grabs a concussion rifle and yells, "Come get some you idiots!"  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:07 pm
Some times I wonder about that repulsor shield you're so fond of using.  

Sol Walker
Crew

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:16 pm
I just don't get Stellar. I try, but I just don't get him.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:29 pm
ElladanKenet
We all try, but tis a worthless effort me'thinks.  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

ElladanKenet
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:31 pm
Des Voh
ElladanKenet
My problem is that he contradicts a lot of stuff. First he tells me he wants our chars to 'meet up', which in my past dealings with him, means tear apart each other's ships.

But when I do attack, he pitches a fit and flames me, and starts his own attack. I give him a clear get away, but no, he decides to stick around and play.

Not my fault if he gets caught in a gravity well or tractor beam.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:14 pm
I do wonder about that some times as well.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:32 pm
Cale Darksun
I do wonder about that some times as well.
Cale, we don't wonder. We find out and fix it.

Thats our job, r'member?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:28 pm
Cale Darksun

Sorry bout that... I just find it so fun to rip off Dune. mrgreen

It's not much good against slugthrowers though, the muzzle velocity is way too high, but it's a great tool when fighting someone with a sword or knife.

And EK, you think I don't know how to escape tractor beams and gravity wells? I know how to deal with ships like that, I made the stats for them...

How'd your Vengeance get from Hutt Space to Utapau in time to answer the Stalwarth's distress call anyway?  

stellarmagic

stellarmagic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:30 pm
ElladanKenet
Des Voh
ElladanKenet
My problem is that he contradicts a lot of stuff. First he tells me he wants our chars to 'meet up', which in my past dealings with him, means tear apart each other's ships.

But when I do attack, he pitches a fit and flames me, and starts his own attack. I give him a clear get away, but no, he decides to stick around and play.

Not my fault if he gets caught in a gravity well or tractor beam.

I meant a face to face standoff for a first meeting for both characters, but since you decided to go and send minions after me I decided to punish you for that.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:21 pm
stellarmagic
Cale Darksun

Sorry bout that... I just find it so fun to rip off Dune. mrgreen

It's not much good against slugthrowers though, the muzzle velocity is way too high, but it's a great tool when fighting someone with a sword or knife.

And EK, you think I don't know how to escape tractor beams and gravity wells? I know how to deal with ships like that, I made the stats for them...

How'd your Vengeance get from Hutt Space to Utapau in time to answer the Stalwarth's distress call anyway?
Just because you made them means your invulnerable to them.

The creators are often the first victims.  

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:26 pm
I believe what he means is that you're not invulnerable to your own devices, Stellar.
And honestly, who gave you a right to punish anyone?
You dont have the authority to met out punishment.
Des and I, however, do.
Might want to make a note of that.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:36 pm
Des Voh

No... I know how to counter them, thats all.

I'm not doing much to EK... Total casualties on his end are under forty unamed NPCs and one NPC with a name.

He just needs to patch a hole in his ship where the bridge once was. That might put his ship out of comission for a week at most.  

stellarmagic

Des Voh

3,000 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:44 pm
stellarmagic
Des Voh

No... I know how to counter them, thats all.

I'm not doing much to EK... Total casualties on his end are under forty unamed NPCs and one NPC with a name.

He just needs to patch a hole in his ship where the bridge once was. That might put his ship out of comission for a week at most.
The point in a RP such as this is not to kill your enemy, it is to RP. Being fair in what attacks you do, as same with them. The kill is what may happen. But it depends. The kill must also be spoken over between the two parties, and agreed on.

Even in NPC cases. Also you cannot state that you "killed them", or "Ripped them to shredds". You must state what you did, and what it can do. If not then it is perceived as GMing or Autohitting, and action is taken as such an action has occurred, and punishment is given until the guility can prove otherwise.  
The Outer Rim

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games