Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Star Wars Weapons Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:51 pm
Cale Darksun
Name one situation where a sword could be matched by a gun.

YOUR FACE IS A SITUATION! HA! You're a beast, Cale..

There really is none. Know what I see a lot, Cale? Swords vs Guns....... stressed

These kids need to stop living in their bloody anime world, and realize, there's no way a human being can avoid gun shots unless you're in a sniper situation and you run a zig zag, etc. I see "well, a gun can run out of ammo!" Yeah? Who's to say it's not hard dodging a sword coming at you, and swinging one about requires little to no energy. A gun needs pretty much one shot (caliber sizes above .22) to tell a man, "Listen... I'm packin' heat." Combat knives, maybe. Swords, I don't think so. I haven't been in much action since Vietnam (lol jk), but, I doubt it beats good 'ol American Steel.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:58 pm
Sometime, MW, your sentences seem like randomly strung together fragments of though.

@Cale: When the shooter does not know of the presence of the sword bearer. A swift thrust wins in that situation.  

Jaden_Ordo

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:02 pm
Yeah. that works vise versa with a silenced pistol and at far safer ranges for the shooter.
One shot to the back of the head. Bam. Swordsman is down.
Hell, a sniper can do that from a mile away with a deer rifle.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:04 pm
...Your face is a fragment... razz lol You should see my hyperactive eek

I prefer combat knife over a sword. Nice, thick, juicy combat knife. Or a vibroblade.

I've got a SW related question; What's Boba Fett's Sonic Beam Emitter about? Never looked into it.  

Valkore Fraust

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:07 pm
Te sonic beem emiter does exactly what it says: Emits a sonic beam, making it good for dealing with anyone with unprotected ears. Jedi cant block sonic weapons so thats another plus for it.
Basically its a bounty hunting tool used to incapacitate someone by means of rupturing their eardrums until they submit.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:17 pm
That's awesome. I want one now lol. How's it charged? Or... loaded, whatever.  

Valkore Fraust

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:25 pm
Probably with an energy cell, but it probably goes through them faster than a blaster does.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:26 pm
Cale Darksun
Name one situation where a sword could be matched by a gun.

When you're out of ammo.

But I agree with your general point, Cale.

Darth Fury

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:27 pm
Experienced gunmen never run out of ammo.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:28 pm
Mandalore Warrior
Aurin, your dad's friend has a nice .45. My DEagle has a rail on it whee Pointless? Yeah. Cool? Hell yeah. I'm going to PA this weekend, we're probably gonna take it off. It's a bit front heavy. My 18 had a stock which was totally uber.

A rail can be pretty useful if you have the right counterparts...  

Darth Fury

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 4:49 pm
Yeah, a red dot. But, red dots aren't very nice with battery power. Went out after about 20 minutes lol. I had a scope. That looked cool. Although I had to sit down with a wrist rest.

Experienced gunmen never run out of ammo lol. It's called the "Give All Cheat." jk  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:21 pm
Wow, MW, you didn't say "Your face never runs out of ammo"... I'm impressed. Lol.  

elvisnake

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:25 pm
lol I was going for it, but, you can only use it 2-3 times. Wait till I get to "That's what she said." rofl Biology is great, I use that perfectly.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:32 pm
Why do people think a gun is useless when you run out of ammo? Hasn't anyone ever heard of a Bayonet? Sure, he's out of ammo. Then you come down with a slice, gun blocks sword, butt smashes your nose, and then what? Oh yeah. Gun still has more versatility.

It's all dependent on the skill of the user. In the end, the gun wins over a sword merely due to versatility. But there is no situation where a blade can beat a gun that the situation can be flipped.

Here's one to consider: Why did the bow and arrow become the most powerful weapon, being the prime choice of the mongols who ruled an empire that covered most of asia?

Oh yeah, because you can't throw a sword very effectively.  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:57 pm
rofl Damn skippy. If I ever met the man who dropped his weapon after being dry of ammo, I'd slap him. Your weapon is your friend, you and your weapon are defenders of peace. W/o your weapon, you are useless, without you, your weapon is useless.

Yeah, if I was dry, and some samurai was up against me, I think I'd try my best. Depends on the skill.

rofl You can throw a sword. Sure, you might fail miserably and kill no one, but, hey.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff