Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Mysteries Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:29 pm
Duraplast is good, then. I would guess it's easier to find then beskar'gam.
I'd buy that, sounds like Boba.
I've never heard that before, that's a whole lot of Beskar'gam.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:32 pm
it boggled my mind too.
The Guy's name was Freedon Nadd.

but the availability of Duraplast over Mando Iron does make sense as well.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:38 pm
Freedon Nadd.. quite the character.

I'm starting to like Duraplast. But, Beskar'gam is blaster/saber proof. Nearly, or damn right next to it. I hate in EP 2 (wrote the number lol) how Jango's armor bent on the Kamino fight scene. Made it look bad. In SWG, the armor is thick, you can tell. That I like.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 7:45 pm
Theres different makes and types of Mandalorian Armor.
It depends on who made it. While it may look the same, it only follows a common design.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:56 pm
Yup, that's true. I like crusader, but, the helmet is pretty strange. IMO, it has a scrunched up visor. In SWG, it's cool because the Imperial crusader is more like Mando Shock Armor.

Armor smiths are cool. On my char picture, there's initials etched into the chest plate. That, I love, especially mysterious red paint like Sev. Totally killer status.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:05 pm
I'm personally a fan of the old Mandalorian Combat Suits. you know, the armor worn by the Mandalorian Crusaders.
It was pretty individualistic stuff.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:11 pm
That's good stuff. Think it's thin enough to put under some armor? Like how there's under-armor. Maybe that would be slim? That would be useful, since, the armor has some open points, and the combat suits are damn good.

Yeah, definitely useful.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:16 pm
No, I think you're thinking of KotOR Combat Suits.

A Real Crusader Combat Suit looks something like this:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Crusader.jpg

Granted this is more heavy stuff but still Crusader Armor all had a jagged organic look to it.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:24 pm
Each set of armor was unique to the warrior. It told stories of where he had fought, what he had done and seen, what style of combat he preferred, that kind of thing.
There's nothing wrong with uniform solidarity to make sure everyone stays alive, but unique armor amongst warriors has it's merits as well.

Fett did eventually have beskar'gam made for him, when he truly took over the role as Manda'lor for his people.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:27 pm
I dunno.
The NeoCrusader movement, while the height of Mandalorian Power, also wrecked it very well beyond repair.
The Standardization and uniformity of the armor of the Neo Crusaders seemed to kill the warrior spirit of the individual Mandalorian.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:59 pm
It did end up killing a lot of the warrior spirit. Look at the Mandos in KOTOR. They are pretty much reduced to thugs. And it was the uniform solidarity that did that. But you can't deny that having the warriors trained as soldiers did keep a larger portion of them alive than when they would simply just raid planets as warriors. I'm not saying I like it better, I much prefer the warrior, barbarism to the soldier Mandos.

Truth be told, I prefer the EU beskar'gam. No set style, with many pieces coming from the armor of fallen loved ones and comrades.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:00 pm
That has both its roots in Crusader and Neo Crusader armor.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Jaden_Ordo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 11:38 pm
I know. Thats why I like it the most. No set style. Not crusader or neo or shock trooper.

I suppose one could say the EU, moreso after the Vong, had a more Crusader esque feel. Thats what I think of beskar'gam wise when I think of the Eu.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:18 am
Jaden_Ordo
It did end up killing a lot of the warrior spirit. Look at the Mandos in KOTOR. They are pretty much reduced to thugs. And it was the uniform solidarity that did that. But you can't deny that having the warriors trained as soldiers did keep a larger portion of them alive than when they would simply just raid planets as warriors.

Yeah, broke my heart seeing them so grumpy and "typical." Canderous changed everything for me during the game. He's definitely a man of respect and honor.

Uniforms and standardization did kill spirit, but, then again it was for order and like Jaden said, kept them alive. I didn't like their uniforms at all, but, hey, that's order for them, right?

IMO, I like uniforms to make the army/group look controlled, organized and disciplined. But I also love the expression of colors; black for justice, etc.  

Valkore Fraust

Valkore Fraust

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 5:20 am
Cale Darksun
No, I think you're thinking of KotOR Combat Suits.

A Real Crusader Combat Suit looks something like this:
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Crusader.jpg

Granted this is more heavy stuff but still Crusader Armor all had a jagged organic look to it.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. But can the mesh combat suit be used as under-armor?

I like the crusader suits, but, it's too... rough looking. Jagged and organic is intimidating and all, but, I like things looking professional.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 66 67 68 69 70 71 ... 81 82 83 84 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games