Welcome to Gaia! ::

Absolute Furry the Guild

Back to Guilds

Gaia's Oldest Furry Guild 

Tags: Furry, Furries, Anthro, Anthropomorphic, Roleplay 

Reply Adult Furries Guild
AFG Sallies Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 678 679 680 681 682 683 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

FogSage

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:57 pm
Furry subculture seems to be losing its charm for me. I still can appreciate furry art for what it is, but the thought of roleplaying gives me a headache, as does the idea of going to a con.

I dunno. I feel that in a world of strange people, I'm either just not as strange as everyone, or I am apathetic towards everything.

(Insert philosophical bullshit here.) =_=  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 7:16 am
It's nice to know that my family is very thoughtful when they talk..... or not.

As some know, I'm sensitive about my weight, I have a bit of a stomach but nothing massive. My weight flucuates a lot.... it ranges from 90-95kg (198-209 pounds) which isn't too bad, although it could be better, that I know.
Also most people (except for my family) know that I have very poor self-esteem and also poor self-image...... my family's comments don't help with that matter.

Now for what happened. I wanted to go to bed (it was around 11:40AM) so I take off my shirt for the night and then I remember my father wants help with stuff. So I go downstairs without putting my shirt back on, and my mother makes the comment "How can you go around with no shirt on? Is it because you've put on blubber?". For those that don't know, blubber is the fat in a whale.... so I feel very insulted to say the least but I get her cup of tea (my father wanted a drink then he'd tell me what he wanted) and my sister comes down as well and essentially talk with my mother (with my 'deaf' ears being able to hear the entire thing) about it and my mother says it must be that or he's reptilian then expect me to laugh at it all.... then gets annoyed when she realised I'm annoyed about it and won't talk (if I did talk.... it wouldn't be anything nice.... so I just kept my mouth shut). My father says we'll do it in the morning, so I go upstairs to go to bed and sleep.... and to my 'delight' my sister follows me, turns on my bedroom light and tells me I should have just laughed at it, etc..... and when I tell her to just leave me alone she won't. Eventually she does leave...... and comes back later -.-;

That's another thing, my sister doesn't know when to leave people alone...... this is why I don't like have even a semi clean room..... they won't f***ing leave me alone.... I feel like I need to cry and just run away.....

Welcome to the Jones family, aka Hell on Earth.  

Crenn

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 4:42 pm
So, today's been fantastic. I am awoken around one in the afternoon by my mother going on a tirade about how my brother and I don't do anything around the house, how since we don't have jobs we should have the whole house clean before she comes home, and how we both need to move out. Never mind the fact I do indeed do chores I'm asked to, and that even though I don't have a ton of classes right now I still have homework to do. However, crying myself to sleep at five am because I'm depressed and lonely tends to put me in a bad mood. So does waking up with a headache to the sound of bitching. So, I opt to just stay in my room until either she leaves somewhere or shuts the hell up before I dare to venture downstairs for lunch-fast.

Only, about an hour later while I'm making a half-assed attempt at the homework that's due tomorrow, I hear cops taking my brother away and my mother sobbing somewhere. Now, I didn't get visual confirmation of cops but I've found they all sound the same and there are very few other reasons for two male voices to be ordering my brother out of the house. I'm confused, I didn't hear any fight or anything before this. I still don't know what happened or when/if my brother is coming home. I'd ask, but the ******** with that. Not like anyone would tell me anyways; only things that have been said to me today is to "get some work done or move out" and get called a b***h by my sister. Oh, and my mom called from what I presume was the police station needing to know the names of my brother's medications because "they want to know what he's supposed to be taking."

Goddammit, no one is around or answering their phone.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:05 pm
Work is going to drive me absolutely crazy. It started a couple weeks ago when people started spreading horrible rumors about the front office manager Al and my coworker Kristine. The general manager started to look into it, he pulled people into his office and interrogated them on the situation. That was Monday. Today I came to work and there was a notice on the board explaining that Al no longer worked with us, and shortly after I learned that Kristine had quit too. So now they're scambling to cover all of Stine's shifts and I can't do it cause I'm going to PA this weekend....but I can see myself pulling some overtime when I get back...>.<  

Manda_Tifa

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:23 am
Quick update before bed:

No brother, so he's not staying here tonight. Mom wants his laundry all done, talked about cleaning his room, and said something about needing to prepare a bag for him. Still haven't asked what the ******** happened, my mom's been all in a "go away I want to be alone, don't talk to me" mood and she seems to assume I understand the situation..so...yeah. As much of a douche as my brother is, I doubt that whatever it was that he did deserved my mother having him arrested. I hope my brother doesn't do his "I'm a bad-a** tough guy" thing and dig himself deeper by pissing off cops.

My family is ******** up. God, I almost feel sorry for the new therapist I'm getting Monday..she's gonna have a lot to listen to.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:33 am
Well, I finally know what happened. Sorta. See, mom starts talking to me going "You don't hate me for what I did, do you?" and I just went "I don't know wtf happened!" So. What happened was that mom decided that he needed to be committed. He's not in jail, he's in a mental institution. Where, he has apparently refused to eat or drink anything. Not only that, but he had a seizure last night and was sent to the hospital.

So...there you have it.  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

Af Mas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:39 pm
shoki_de_nai
Well, I finally know what happened. Sorta. See, mom starts talking to me going "You don't hate me for what I did, do you?" and I just went "I don't know wtf happened!" So. What happened was that mom decided that he needed to be committed. He's not in jail, he's in a mental institution. Where, he has apparently refused to eat or drink anything. Not only that, but he had a seizure last night and was sent to the hospital.

So...there you have it.

Well ********, I don't know what to say to that. I'm sorry Shoki. I hope your brother is okay  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:01 am
I hope he's okay also, though I'm curious why she would've had him committed, unless you could think of why

I'm starting to get used to bad days, I think... yesterday I was late to an exam for becoming an emergency dispatch assistant, thanks to a friend who had to drive 5-10 miles under the speed limit the entire way even though he knew I was in a hurry, well because I was late, I wasn't able to take the test, and have to wait about a month for the next scheduled exams.  

Terra Omalley

Crenn

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 2:56 am
Why was he driving that slow?

Because I'm really bored while at home and acting on the advice of a friend, I experimented with my 10m (30 ft) network cable and connecting my 2 computers (my laptop and my craptop). Result? It works perfectly, so I have a mini network in my room, but best of all is the fact my craptop's wireless refused to work, but because I've set up my laptop in a certain way, my craptop uses my laptop as sort of a wireless card so I can get internet on the craptop (and update the damn thing).  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:33 am
Well, that was a fun dream.

Just woke up from a dream which was about me living in my house, when I receive a tip-off that anti-furry protesters are going to come to my house. My aunt tells me good luck and leaves, leaving me to pack up the car with all the valuables, draw the curtains on the house, and to panic like no tomorrow. For some damn reason, none of the lights in the house will turn themselves out, even when I go to the circuit breaker and shut everything off. Just as I take out a bundle of clothes from my room there's a knock at the door, and a bunch of people are there, angry looking people who have sprayed graffiti all over the place.

"We want to talk to you."
"No. Go to hell."
"WHAT?! Listen, you little freak, you best get out here before we get violent!"
"Yeah, tell that little shithead!"

I run to the car and start it, knowing full well that I'm going to have to drive through my garage door to stand any chance of leaving. Just before I do that, though, I wake up.

*shudders*  

FogSage

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 7:22 pm
Terra Omalley
I hope he's okay also, though I'm curious why she would've had him committed, unless you could think of why

My family has been assigned the wonderful task of filling the world with depression. It's passed genetically and almost everyone in our family, going back multiple generations have it. My mom's reasoning for committing him had something to do with him refusing to take his medication and his lack of proper hygiene.

On another note, I finally know why our dog sounds like a rabid Ewok and bites people who go too near her dish. Apparently, the people we got her from had a special way of feeding their animals. A newly weaned puppy had to fight with all the other adult animals to get her share of food, or she didn't eat. Someday, we're going to have a family member or a pet who isn't mentally or emotionally damaged. Someday.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:01 pm
shoki_de_nai
My family has been assigned the wonderful task of filling the world with depression. It's passed genetically and almost everyone in our family, going back multiple generations have it. My mom's reasoning for committing him had something to do with him refusing to take his medication and his lack of proper hygiene.

On another note, I finally know why our dog sounds like a rabid Ewok and bites people who go too near her dish. Apparently, the people we got her from had a special way of feeding their animals. A newly weaned puppy had to fight with all the other adult animals to get her share of food, or she didn't eat. Someday, we're going to have a family member or a pet who isn't mentally or emotionally damaged. Someday.
(Offers hugs) Sorry about your brother. Hopefully everything will work out.

Blah though about the dog problems too. Food aggression is never a good thing. How long have you had this dog?  

Krissim Klaw

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 9:29 pm
Krissim Klaw
shoki_de_nai

(Offers hugs) Sorry about your brother. Hopefully everything will work out.

Blah though about the dog problems too. Food aggression is never a good thing. How long have you had this dog?

Since...February I think. None of her behavioral problems have improved, though I'm sure part of it is that my sister is eleven and sucks at understanding the concept of pet ownership. The only one she listens to is my step-dad. And by listen I mean cower in a corner because the first and only time she bit him, he slapped her pretty hard.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:06 pm
The dog that bit me has been dropped from the search and rescue program. The only thing is, is that through CARDA, he can still certify his dog, he just has to take full responsibility and liability of his dog biting someone.

Mm..but we're down two handlers as one of the others is going into surgery that will put her out for a minimum of 4 weeks. It won't make much difference since she's not certified, but it will bring back her training.

Shoki - there are some exercises that you can do that will make it so that you're less likely to be bitten, but the exercises involve having your hands around the food and being quick enough to correct the behavior. One of the lesser ways is to strictly hand feed the dog and it also seems like she has territorial aggression with the food bowl, so making it so that she can't own the dog bowl and the place she eats can help as well. She's still under 13months of age so you may be able to get it to a manageable level but it may not be entirely fixed. She's also a terrier and becoming aggressive at a young age from them tends to stick for life unless you're on top of it.

But that's just my two cents  

Rainey_angel81

Krissim Klaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2007 11:09 pm
shoki_de_nai
Since...February I think. None of her behavioral problems have improved, though I'm sure part of it is that my sister is eleven and sucks at understanding the concept of pet ownership. The only one she listens to is my step-dad. And by listen I mean cower in a corner because the first and only time she bit him, he slapped her pretty hard.
I would really look into seeing if you can find a good local trainer to go see. A dog that bites is never a good thing. Sadly food aggression is not an easy fix, though there are certainly things you can do. Perhaps you can try talking to our resident AFG dog expert, Rainy. I'm sure she could offer some advice.

The best thing you can do though is try and build a healthy relationship with the dog. If she feels secure in her place in the family, and knows her place in the social ladder, she will be calmer and less likely to stress out. It is extremely important though that she is monitered when feeding. Especially if this is a larger dog, a bite can cause serious damage. You need to make sure that guests who enter the house are properly protected from your dog. If she is food aggressive she might also have the same protective mentality over treats and toys.

Finally, it sounds like your younger sister needs some training when it comes to being around the dog. It is important to be consistant with dogs so the last thing you want is someone in the household giving mixed messages and undoing the training.

Edit- lol Rainey you beat me to the post. XD  
Adult Furries Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 678 679 680 681 682 683 ... 1043 1044 1045 1046 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games