Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Galactic Travel and Information Help Desk (RP help) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 682 683 684 685 686 687 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rodyn

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:01 pm
Cale Darksun
This technique has Jedi Shadow written all over it.
The Shadows probably created it long before the Dark Woman. And its not like I can crap out this ability. Its not easy phasing through a solid wall of Duracrete, even for an upper tier Jedi Assassin.
Now, a Deux ex Machina would be more as if the droids all destroyed themselves with their stun blast with one stunblast flying off to disable the shields.

Or reversing the polarity.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:02 pm
Whatever you say, Kitty Pryde. I still think it's a cheap copout. Why not phase through teh shielding instead? It's a lot thinner, and makes just as much sense as going through foot and a half solid concrete.

No, instead of dive into a nearby ventiliation shaft, or bring the cieling down and climb up a level, you went with the hard route. Showoff.  

lady_skuld

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:06 pm
Rodyn
Cale Darksun
This technique has Jedi Shadow written all over it.
The Shadows probably created it long before the Dark Woman. And its not like I can crap out this ability. Its not easy phasing through a solid wall of Duracrete, even for an upper tier Jedi Assassin.
Now, a Deux ex Machina would be more as if the droids all destroyed themselves with their stun blast with one stunblast flying off to disable the shields.

Or reversing the polarity.

Exactly.
A deux ex Machina is something out of the blue that helps a character overcome a seemingly unsolvable difficulty.
Pash's Phase ability is not that. I warned Prime ahead of time that Pash would have some tricks up his sleave, and Pash is a very skilled Jedi Shadow. This ability is not beyond him or the Order of Shadows.
Pash could have dodged the stun blasts or reflected the bolts off his knife's mirror surface or he could have used a Force shield to protect him. It wasn't an unsolvable dilema. It was just a challenge.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:09 pm
lady_skuld

No, instead of dive into a nearby ventiliation shaft, or bring the cieling down and climb up a level, you went with the hard route. Showoff.

The duracrete is constant. The Energy shield is a lot of moving particles and energy. Easier to tred stable ground than to walk over a raging river.
And how many sporting arenas have you seen with ground level ventilation shafts?
Bringing the Ceiling down would bring it down on top of me.  

Sol Walker
Crew

lady_skuld

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:10 pm
*Sigh* I guess i'll just head back to the ship then.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:12 pm
What? don't want a piece of me?  

Sol Walker
Crew

lady_skuld

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:21 pm
You just wasted all your force strength shutting Volgen off from the force before phasing through the wall instead of a million other possibly likely scenarios.

You're out of energy, and I doubt you're willing to lose to me, so I'm just going to give your character a way out of the area. Since you're already in the stadium, you'll need all the help you can get escaping from the poisoned gas.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:24 pm
Meh. I'm still wearing my echani armor with the helmet. The Gas isn't posing a problem yet.  

Sol Walker
Crew

lady_skuld

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:34 pm
And a Jedi is going to willingly let himself be incriminated for the death of all those people too...

It was a live broadcast. You were implicated as a jedi conspirator. You attacked a reputable buisnessman on galaxywide television. All Nakara has to do is pin this as a terrorist attack by the jedi with his resources, and the deaths of all those people are now a cause for republic rule to be seen as overly militaristic.

Even as a Jedi, you can't just waive the fact that thousands are about to die. No matter your status, if no attempt is made, then you willingly become an accomplice to murder, and perform a dark sider's act. Even if you justify this as necessary innocents to die, it stains your ability as a shadow and being unable to do your job effectively without collateral damage.

No matter the situation, you're boned in enough ways not to require me kicking your now-weakened bum to add to your humiliation.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:39 pm
You can't prove I was a jedi.
It just looks like I was an Echani warrior.
Though I may be humiliated, the fact I was able to get within striking distance of Nakara is pretty much your guys' fault.
And you've thus been unable to kill me, which means I'm free to attack Nakara again at any point I wish.
The way i see it, you got your own problems.  

Sol Walker
Crew

Oryo Prime

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:44 pm
I am just attempting to give Cale a run for his money. Volgen maybe good at fighting and such but is better with tech and is trying to hold him as long as he can. Killing him is some thing Volgen can see wont be happening.

Sonya would be smart to join...  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:45 pm
Lessee, terrorist attack on Nakara, guards willing to testify force powers used against him, hundred's dead, and audio recordings of the ground level are all that are required for him to pull up enough of a conspiracy to give the republic grief for months.

And with Nakara's ability to slip away during the firefight, you've lost the only chance at keeping up with him, again.

I'm not so concerned with us at the moment, as your boss will be with trying to get a worthy explaination as to what went down. Even if the jedi know that it's nothing to do with them, you'll have some personal issues to work out with your boss in the upcoming chapter.  

lady_skuld

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:47 pm
And I never said I was a Jedi. The Ground level audio is pretty much useless.  
PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:57 pm
and nakara never said he was a sith, but you attacked him on those grounds anyway. just because you didn't confess to the crime doesn't mean that nakara can't make a propaganda campaign out of it. Plus, the sound of the lightsaber activating and lightning crackling are two very well known force powers, which without a video feed to back up as Nakara's, puts the terrorist as most likely a force user.

You just phased through a wall, but you can't believe that someone can't frame you for a crime? You really just don't want to admit pash didn't screw the pooch on this assignment.  

lady_skuld

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2009 1:59 pm
I never said that either.  
The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 682 683 684 685 686 687 ... 716 717 718 719 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games